PDA

View Full Version : Who flies to the DR from Los Angeles?

Vincent Vega
01-03-2005, 02:18 PM
I've been researching flights from L.A. and, obviously, Jet Blue has the best prices from Long Beach which means you have to fly to JFK first then down to DR. No problem for the price...

Every airline I checked flies either to Dallas, Atlanta, somewhere in Florida or NY/NJ before heading south. I haven't found direct flights yet.. Am I missing something?

I'm thinking of making my first trip to the DR this summer... :twisted:

RearWindow
01-03-2005, 04:51 PM
unless you live in NYC or Miami. Man ,if you're in LA ,that's one friggin loooonnnggg trip.

Vincent Vega
01-03-2005, 06:52 PM
unless you live in NYC or Miami. Man ,if you're in LA ,that's one friggin loooonnnggg trip.

i know, i'm wondering if it is worth it. i think it would be a shorter trip and just as exciting to go to rio or buenos aires instead.

it is a TOUGH decision. :?

guttaman
01-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Must be good fares to Costa Rica. Half the whores there are Dominican anways.

RearWindow
01-03-2005, 07:17 PM

i know, i'm wondering if it is worth it. i think it would be a shorter trip and just as exciting to go to rio or buenos aires instead.

it is a TOUGH decision. :?I believe if you go to Central or South America you only go thru Houston or Dallas. (Northwest ) . DRis a long expensive flight from LA. I was looking at jobs there, and that (the cost) really put a damper on that. Check out the Central America boards on WSG. My next trip may be to Columbia or Venezuela.You might be able to hook up thru MX airports more easily. Good Luck!

Vincent Vega
01-03-2005, 07:41 PM
i think you guys are trying to keep me OUT of the DR. :P :lol: :wink:

RearWindow
01-03-2005, 07:52 PM
i think you guys are trying to keep me OUT of the DR. :P :lol: :wink: The DR girls are ugly , fat and pale... similar to Canadian women. In fact, most DR women ARE Canadian. It's a horrible secret that Travel agencies deny. And the beaches are slag pits. I would suggest going to Cuba. Much more liberal there, and the cars are way cool.

Ram
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
i think you guys are trying to keep me OUT of the DR. :P :lol: :wink: The DR girls are ugly , fat and pale... similar to Canadian women. In fact, most DR women ARE Canadian. It's a horrible secret that Travel agencies deny. And the beaches are slag pits. I would suggest going to Cuba. Much more liberal there, and the cars are way cool.

Hey! Take it easy, they are not all pale! :lol:

RearWindow
01-03-2005, 08:00 PM
DR is a beautiful plce, and the women are spectacular. BUT, from LAX, it is a long and expensive trip, basically DR is 2 hours from Miami. So figure in LAX to ATL or MIA , PLUS 2 hours to SDQ (and POP is further)and you have a long trip. It takes me 5-7 plus hours from the midwest to SDQ at the shortest. Hell, you might get to Thailand quicker!

Vincent Vega
01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
DR is a beautiful plce, and the women are spectacular. BUT, from LAX, it is a long and expensive trip, basically DR is 2 hours from Miami. So figure in LAX to ATL or MIA , PLUS 2 hours to SDQ (and POP is further)and you have a long trip. It takes me 5-7 plus hours from the midwest to SDQ at the shortest. Hell, you might get to Thailand quicker!

i'm going to thailand in march! :D

the length of the trip to the DR is worth it from what i've read on all the boards and the pictures i've seen. i was hoping for a different route, though. the jet blue option is only $600 and isn't really any longer in time than any other airline (from l.a., ~13-14 hours total travel time). same travel time to rio or b.a. and $400 more.

i'll see you guys in the DR this summer. 8)

BrooklynBeas
01-04-2005, 09:03 AM
Wahoolee... you are fuckin crazy!... I would go to Brazil without even thinkin about this one!!! if its the same amount of travel time oh my god theres nothing to even talk about here... I still cant believe JD_mine makes the long ass trip from Holland... im goin to Colombia in March and the only reason i waited so long is because i hate plane flights... I go to DR from NY (im 5 minutes from JFK, not to make you jealous)... In 3 1/2 hours im in DR... if it was the same time as Colombia or Brazil I would never go back to the DR!!!

continentalmike
01-04-2005, 09:40 AM
The whole reason we come to the DR is:

IT COSTS LESS THAN COLOMBIA AND BRASIL

That can really get to you over a longer 3-4-5 week trip..

and I can speak Spanish but no 'falha Portugues' and I loooovvveee bachata, merengue and salsa and dance it pretty well... not such a star at samba, zouk, axe and lambada..

BrooklynBeas
01-04-2005, 09:50 AM
The whole reason we come to the DR is:

IT COSTS LESS THAN COLOMBIA AND BRASIL

That can really get to you over a longer 3-4-5 week trip..

and I can speak Spanish but no 'falha Portugues' and I loooovvveee bachata, merengue and salsa and dance it pretty well... not such a star at samba, zouk, axe and lambada..

If your talking about 3 4 or 5 week trip and comparing to Colombia then i believe you are wrong..... Colombian girls can be had for 10-15 bucks short time and the hottest clubs (LDV) the girls go out TLN for 100,000 pesos peso rate is 2,500 to 1 USD... which means 40 bucks all night for top notch... compare that to Crystals where you would be lucky to pay $100 USD.... there are condos where you can rent a 3 bedroom condo for under a $75 a night easily... cheaper for less bedrooms... they overlook the water right on the beach with a balcony and all that good shit that you dont get in a room at the palace... oh yeah did you ever see the pictues pf the girls in Colombia?

Vincent Vega
01-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Brooklyn - What the fuck was I thinking?? I was going to compare exchange rates next but you did it for me. The exchange rate really is the kicker since, in the long run, that is how you save money without sacrificing fun.

I'm all about bang-for-the-buck, but not cheap, and I prefer the women in Columbia and Venezulea compared to the DR anyway...

1 USD = 1,917.60 Bolivares (Venezuela)
1 USD = 2,340.00 Peso (Columbian)
1 USD = 31 Peso (DR)

I just answered my own question. Plus, I speak a little spanish and will have it back to a strong conversational level by this summer. Venezuela or Columbia it will be. :twisted:

BrooklynBeas
01-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Brooklyn - What the fuck was I thinking?? I was going to compare exchange rates next but you did it for me. The exchange rate really is the kicker since, in the long run, that is how you save money without sacrificing fun.

I'm all about bang-for-the-buck, but not cheap, and I prefer the women in Columbia and Venezulea compared to the DR anyway...

1 USD = 1,917.60 Bolivares (Venezuela)
1 USD = 2,340.00 Peso (Columbian)
1 USD = 31 Peso (DR)

I just answered my own question. Plus, I speak a little spanish and will have it back to a strong conversational level by this summer. Venezulea or Columbia it will be. :twisted:

I thought so... glad i could talk some sense into you... for the same chica rate the Colombianas destroy the dominicanas on looks just from the pics i have seen and stories i have been told... and the crazy thing is the chicas are cheaper in Colombia!.... so what if you pay 300 more on airfare... you make that up on the price of other things.... like pussy! CTG ill see ya in a couple months!

RSMMAN
02-02-2007, 12:29 AM
The DR girls are ugly , fat and pale... similar to Canadian women. In fact, most DR women ARE Canadian. It's a horrible secret that Travel agencies deny. And the beaches are slag pits. I would suggest going to Cuba. Much more liberal there, and the cars are way cool.

Do you still mean this now RearWindow???