PDA

View Full Version : 6/2006 - The Velvet Club of Sosua (outdated info)

Jimmydr
06-14-2006, 07:20 AM
I read on another board that this place is opening soon?

Beads
06-14-2006, 10:07 AM
when? where is it going to be located?

vak
06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Is that the Gentlemen's Club that the Voodoo lounge guy is building - across from the outdoor chicken place?

I spoke to him and it sounds like it will be expensive.

ErikS
06-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Is that the Gentlemen's Club that the Voodoo lounge guy is building - across from the outdoor chicken place?

I spoke to him and it sounds like it will be expensive.

You mean this place?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/June2006/Sites/usePart3/DR-June2006084.jpg

vak
06-14-2006, 01:35 PM
You mean this place?

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/June2006/Sites/usePart3/DR-June2006084.jpg
Yep. :bigthumbup:

psriches
06-14-2006, 05:46 PM
But why would you open a Gentleman's Club on the strip?? They never last! Does anyone do any research down there? ie. owner's of VIP...............

rley69
06-14-2006, 06:26 PM
But why would you open a Gentleman's Club on the strip?? They never last! Does anyone do any research down there? ie. owner's of VIP...............

Talking of crappy venues with way too many chrome fittings and neon lights, is Sea-crets still burning a hole in the owner's pocket or has it been put out of its misery?

ilikenyacional
06-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Talking of crappy venues with way too many chrome fittings and neon lights, is Sea-crets still burning a hole in the owner's pocket or has it been put out of its misery?

I like the bathrooms at Sea-Crets.

Kevy
06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
There was something abou tit on Sosuanews.com, that they were actually expanding the place.

ErikS
06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
There was something abou tit on Sosuanews.com, that they were actually expanding the place.

Freudian slip in anticipation of your upcoming trip Kevy? ;)

Kevy
06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Freudian slip in anticipation of your upcoming trip Kevy? ;)

Could be or Rosie

Beads
06-14-2006, 10:46 PM
I actually liked Sea Crets. Not as packed as classicos but some nice talent wandering around and you could get a drink A LOT FASTER.

Dick Dawson
06-14-2006, 10:49 PM
I actually liked Sea Crets. Not as packed as classicos but some nice talent wandering around and you could get a drink A LOT FASTER.

It would be even better if they didn't want 1000 pesos just for the salida :eek:

ilikenyacional
06-14-2006, 10:52 PM
It would be even better if they didn't want 1000 pesos just for the salida :eek:

Just say no to salidas. Meet the girl later.

Beads
06-14-2006, 10:52 PM

their staff didnt interest me in the least it was the girls walking around inside!

snoozer
09-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Any update on this place? Is it open yet?

Beads
09-06-2006, 09:42 AM
no idea I havent been in town since the beginning of July. Well have to wait and hear from someone currently in town for an update.

sosuaman
09-06-2006, 10:04 AM
ilikenacional,,,,,nice avatar!

MrHappy
09-06-2006, 10:39 AM
They weren't open this past weekend...

Downtown
09-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I spoke with 2 of the 3 principal owners of the club last night and got a guided tour of the building today. Here is some information:

Location: Pedro Clisante, 2 or 3 blocks west of the Hotel Europa, on the opposite side of the street.

Building: 2 storeys. Used to be 3 condos merged into one. The name was taken from a club in Campbell River, Vancouver Island that one of the principals owns.

Ownership: Canadian. 3 principal owners, 2 of whom own the Voodoo Lounge. A fourth partner possibly to be added.

Theme: Gentleman's club

Amenities: 2 bars (1 on each floor), 2 pool tables (1 on each floor), massage rooms/beds (4 or so on the upper floor), whirlpool/hot tub type spa upstairs, kitchen for food service, washrooms upstairs and down, poker table(s) (Texas Hold 'em), dancers (at least one raised podium downstairs with the customary brass pole to be added), sound system etc.

Business plan: The management plans to compete with established massage operations and bars but on an "upscale" scenario, by attracting clientele mainly consisting of single male tourists and DR hombres. The direction it is seeming to take purports targeting discerning and discriminating (not racially) individuals, but I will reserve comment on that until after it opens. They also intend to "import" peelers from Canada etc (not sure why) and have a cover charge to access the second floor. The establishment will be self policed.

Target opening: Mid October 2006

First impressions: The operational theme seems to emulate in some degree the former High Caribbean Club on the outskirts of Sosua, but the distance from town added to its demise. The Velvet Club is situated well within walking distance from the town centre, so a motoconcho ride is not necessary. Therefore positive accessibility. The general areas of the club appear to be a little constricted which may make ease of movement amongst patrons an issue, contingent on how many people they allow in at one time. (That said in the hope my spatial perception is accurate). Other factors such as customer service, pricing, ambience and clientele will have to be evaluated after the club opens and at which time I'm sure we will see some feedback from the membership.

One last point: I am neither affiliated nor associated with the owners and have no intrinsic or financial interest in its advertising or operation.

Beads
09-12-2006, 06:56 PM
they better lose the "upscale clientele" scenario. people come to the DR because the prices are good.people wont pay 2 or 3 times as much for basically the same service but a newer building. the staff also wont much matter as people in Sosua WANT to be around the local residents for the most part.

It sounds like a nice idea but I dont see it as making any money. With that type of business plan it will probably have about the same life cycle as Sea-Crets did.

All in all it sounds like a good tax write off though!

Phoenix
09-12-2006, 11:54 PM
they better lose the "upscale clientele" scenario. people come to the DR because the prices are good.people wont pay 2 or 3 times as much for basically the same service but a newer building. the staff also wont much matter as people in Sosua WANT to be around the local residents for the most part.

It sounds like a nice idea but I dont see it as making any money. With that type of business plan it will probably have about the same life cycle as Sea-Crets did.

All in all it sounds like a good tax write off though!

There are always plenty of dumbass tourists willing to overpay if they are stupid enough to think it will get better results or that place has the "hottest" chicas. As for something being "upscale" in Sosua that is seriously funny :rofl:

Beads
09-13-2006, 09:43 AM
There are always plenty of dumbass tourists willing to overpay if they are stupid enough to think it will get better results or that place has the "hottest" chicas. As for something being "upscale" in Sosua that is seriously funny :rofl:

Im sure plenty of people will check it out for the first few weeks but business will die down quickly.

sosuaman
09-13-2006, 10:26 AM
a high scale passions?

officemgr
09-14-2006, 09:31 PM
any idea what type of entertainment this is going to be???? its next to the velvet club.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/mmwdrtrips/Picture157.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/mmwdrtrips/Picture156.jpg

Kevy
09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
This is down the road from From the new velvet club, besides where passions is now. They ar esupposed to have boxing matches once and while.

jd_mine
09-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Also wrestling......

Beads
09-15-2006, 10:41 AM
hot oil chica wrestling!

Tony Toca
09-15-2006, 12:35 PM
When I was there two weeks ago, the watchman told me that they would have female boxing.

gdogg
09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Ok, I'd drop by for some female boxing and wrestling. That's the only thing that's been getting me in the local strip clubs lately!

Apos
09-16-2006, 04:31 PM
just read on DR1 that the voodoo lounge is closed. since apparantly 2 of the owners of this club also are part of the voodoo.......

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/54306-voodoo-lounge-closed.html

sosuaman
09-16-2006, 04:38 PM
just read on DR1 that the voodoo lounge is closed. since apparantly 2 of the owners of this club also are part of the voodoo.......

losing the voodoo lounge,,, is no loss,,,

MisterPink
09-16-2006, 04:41 PM
No loss, indeed!
They played terrible music, and the majority of the clientele were AI "Tons of Fun" babes.

Phoenix
09-16-2006, 04:42 PM

God be praised, I always hated that " American " style bar

Apos
09-16-2006, 04:56 PM
God be praised, I always hated that " American " style bar in early 2004 when everywhere else, mas o menos, was charging 35-40 pesos a beer they wanted 100 pesos...never, ever went back!

Kevy
09-16-2006, 05:32 PM
I guess they heard Jimmy wasn't going to be back to run up his big bar tabs.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Beads
09-16-2006, 05:37 PM
I guess this could speed the opening up of the new club they are working on.

Jimmydr
09-16-2006, 05:40 PM
I guess this could speed the opening up of the new club they are working on.

Faster they open, faster they can close!:p

Beads
09-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Faster they open, faster they can close!:p

I wonder why he didnt just buy Sea-Crets if hes opening a club. The place if pretty cheap and its all furnished and setup already. Probably cost more to renovate that other building and get it into shape.

Apos
09-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I wonder why he didnt just buy Sea-Crets if hes opening a club. The place if pretty cheap and its all furnished and setup already. Probably cost more to renovate that other building and get it into shape.
pretty cheap? they are asking something stupid like $1.4 million !!!!!!???
http://www.dr1.com/realestate/property/P_1279.html

Beads
09-16-2006, 05:52 PM
yes and how much do you think they paid for the building they had to renovate from the ground up now?

Jimmydr
09-16-2006, 05:53 PM
yes and how much do you think they paid for the building they had to renovate from the ground up now?

Its been like this for decades there.

Kevy
09-16-2006, 05:53 PM

Nothing, I think the owner is another partner.

Beads
09-16-2006, 05:56 PM
well if they got it for free thats fine. if they had to purchase it Sea-Crets should have been a consideration. I think for all the buildings etc you get with it 875K isnt that bad of a price. Granted youll now own a bunch of businesses practically bound for failure but if you were plannning on opening a bar of decent scale on that block thats the place to buy.

Apos
09-16-2006, 06:39 PM
well if they got it for free thats fine. if they had to purchase it Sea-Crets should have been a consideration. I think for all the buildings etc you get with it 875K isnt that bad of a price. Granted youll now own a bunch of businesses practically bound for failure but if you were plannning on opening a bar of decent scale on that block thats the place to buy.
if you look at the link it's $1.4 million USD!
http://www.dr1.com/realestate/property/P_1279.html
regardless it wouldn't cost anywhere near that to renovate...and you know big john is just waiting to take the property and improvements back at pennies on the dollar;)

MisterPink
09-16-2006, 06:43 PM
He sunk a few hundred into Sea-Crets, take a look at the lights, speakers and tile work. I realize it is DR, but even if he spent 150K on the land, he still spent another 150K+ on fixtures. It is surely not worth $1.4M or even close to that amount.

It is still the best place to take a private dump in a clean environment on Pedro Clisante!

Apos
09-16-2006, 06:54 PM
He sunk a few hundred into Sea-Crets, take a look at the lights, speakers and tile work. I realize it is DR, but even if he spent 150K on the land, he still spent another 150K+ on fixtures.

It is still the best place to take a private dump in a clean environmement on Pedro Clisante!
sure but even at 300k total it's a far cry from what they're asking for seacrets .:rolleyes:

Jimmydr
09-16-2006, 06:58 PM
There is not enough traffic in Sosua for all these places to survive.

Beads
09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Im sure that place cost more than 300k to buy the land and put all those buildings up and bring all that furniture and equipment in. And yes I saw the 1.4mil price on site and 875K on another. Just like the palace is 375k on one site and 329k on another.

Apos
09-16-2006, 07:34 PM

Im sure that place cost more than 300k to buy the land and put all those buildings up and bring all that furniture and equipment in. And yes I saw the 1.4mil price on site and 875K on another. Just like the palace is 375k on one site and 329k on another.

perhaps but it would cost no where near $875k to $1.4 mill to renovate the velvet glove so it makes no sense to say that they should have purchased seacrets instead. no way that's "cheap"!

"those" buildings have been there a long time so what makes you so "sure"?

there are other issuse too like intended use/layout of the buildings/property and the fact that a new adult, gentlemans club/massage place/stripclub would not be allowed to open in the secret's location...to name just two.

Phoenix
09-16-2006, 08:29 PM
There is not enough traffic in Sosua for all these places to survive.

When are they going to learn nothing can ever seem to take down Classico/Merengue?

Jimmydr
09-16-2006, 08:31 PM
When are they going to learn nothing can ever seem to take down Classico/Merengue?

There can only be "One" learrn that and live by that!

el_papi_chew_low
09-17-2006, 08:09 AM

Reminds me of those guys that tried to have a bachelor party in Europa after all the guys had been down there fucking 3 girls a day for 4 days.

Of course, we did had a nice little impromptu private strip show not long ago. BTW, thanks for running that interference. I was getting beat-up. Hope that was a nice smash!!

Downtown
09-17-2006, 02:32 PM
When I was speaking with 2 of the principals, one of them did mention they had already invested $750,000 USD and there were still items to be addressed. I didn't put that in my original post as there was no mechanism available to either confirm or deny that figure.

As for the Voodoo Lounge, it was certainly open a few days ago. I'll check it out in the next couple of days and let you know what's up.

Apos
09-17-2006, 02:38 PM
When I was speaking with 2 of the principals, one of them did mention they had already invested $750,000 USD and there were still items to be addressed. I didn't put that in my original post as there was no mechanism available to either confirm or deny that figure.

As for the Voodoo Lounge, it was certainly open a few days ago. I'll check it out in the next couple of days and let you know what's up....except common sense.:rolleyes: if they're putting that kind of money into that place then they're crazy...plain and simple:rofl:

it'll be closed in 6 months to a year is my bet..if it takes that long and i'll be shocked:eek: if they last any longer with their current game plan...but time will tell:icontd:

Jimmydr
09-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Classicos is the place at the moment. Every year new stuff opens and fades fast.

Apos
09-17-2006, 02:41 PM
Classicos is the place at the moment. Every year new stuff opens and fades fast.how long did the VIP and the other place near it on Dr. rosen last? they were closed anytime i was there and are for sale now:confused:

sosuaman
09-17-2006, 02:45 PM
do the words "upscale" and "sosua" belong in the same sentence??

Jimmydr
09-17-2006, 02:46 PM
do the words "upscale" and "sosua" belong in the same sentence??

Who ever is bringing in all these investors deserves some sort of reward for Scammer of the century.

Beads
09-17-2006, 04:16 PM

As for the Voodoo Lounge, it was certainly open a few days ago. I'll check it out in the next couple of days and let you know what's up.

The people investing all that should have ponied up a little more and secured those other buildings instead. They could have started with that place and purchased more buildings and land with marginal more overhead.

This way when the place fails they still own 2 pieces of property now and mutiple buidlings to lease out or sell to someone else.

Kevy
09-17-2006, 04:18 PM
The people investing all that should have ponied up a little more and secured those other buildings instead. They could have started with that place and purchased more buildings and land with marginal more overhead.

This way when the place fails they still own 2 pieces of property now and mutiple buidlings to lease out or sell to someone else.

But the guy that is screwing them all doesn't get anything and that doesn't work.

Beads
09-17-2006, 04:22 PM
But the guy that is screwing them all doesn't get anything and that doesn't work.

hrmm I must have missed that part. yea it would ruin that for him wouldnt it.

Kevy
09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
hrmm I must have missed that part. yea it would ruin that for him wouldnt it.

Good thing you are not an investor, that is an important part.

Beads
09-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Good thing you are not an investor, that is an important part.

definitely true or the guy screwing them all would be pissed at me! :rofl:

Downtown
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Just a quick note to say that the Voodoo Lounge is indeed closed. The neon type sign on the front of the building has been removed. Inside it looks fairly empty with a few wooden tables and chairs turned upside down. It will be interesting to see what happens with the building next.

Phoenix
09-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Just a quick note to say that the Voodoo Lounge is indeed closed. The neon type sign on the front of the buildong has been removed. Inside it looks fairly empty with a few wooden tables and chairs turned upside down. It will be interesting to see what happens with the building next.

I can only hope it becomes a Dominican type place blasting bachata with reasonable drink prices and lovely chicas.

Kevy
09-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I can only hope it becomes a Dominican type place blasting bachata with reasonable drink prices and lovely chicas.

It is owned by the AI there, don't hold your breathe.:icontd:

vagabond
10-09-2006, 08:05 PM

Thats the kind of places we love.

remyman41
10-10-2006, 06:27 AM
any opening date yet?

MrHappy
10-10-2006, 09:43 AM

Hee hee, they say that people in hell want Ice water too...

Everyone has a dream, right Phoenix?

Phoenix
10-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Hee hee, they say that people in hell want Ice water too...

Everyone has a dream, right Phoenix?

Yeah MrHappy I can dream. I don't go to other nations to hang out in American style bars. I go on vacation to get away from that and most Americans as well :D

MrHappy
10-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah MrHappy I can dream. I don't go to other nations to hang out in American style bars. I go on vacation to get away from that and most Americans as well :D

I hear ya, brother. It blows me away how many guys,, no... guys AND gals go through the hassles to travel to another country, then search out places where they can feel like they're back at home..

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Now, if ya live here, then cruising by a place like Lou's for a drink is cool, but 99% of the time you'll find me in 4 Roses, or one of the other little bars if I'm in Sosua, or places like Hot Cafe or Mascarade if I'm in SD.

BTW, when you coming back?

Jimmydr
10-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I hear ya, brother. It blows me away how many guys,, no... guys AND gals go through the hassles to travel to another country, then search out places where they can feel like they're back at home..

Now, if ya live here, then cruising by a place like Lou's for a drink is cool, but 99% of the time you'll find me in 4 Roses, or one of the other little bars if I'm in Sosua, or places like Hot Cafe or Mascarade if I'm in SD.

You have to ease into it. Once you get the feel, there is no going back.

Phoenix
10-11-2006, 10:18 PM

That is a very good question! At this point I have no idea, I have a trip to Colombia coming up in November, another trip to Colombia in February and then the target is the Phils or Thailand for two weeks in July. After that maybe the DR but you never know, one of those trips could fall and you will see me on the south coast again.

Phoenix
10-11-2006, 10:20 PM
You have to ease into it. Once you get the feel, there is no going back.

True but some of us just dive right in. I was totally into being the only gringo at a establishment several times in CTG.

sosuaman
10-12-2006, 09:43 AM
looked in the place last week,, almost finished,,,
looks decent inside,,,
word around is that they're gonna need all the luck they can get as far as staying open,,
its not just a matter of having alot of money,,,
gotta know the right people as well,,,,,,,,

Ram
10-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Hummm.....
Guess who is working the bar at the Velvet??

.......Soronji, yes, that Soronji!! :mrgreen:

The place is nice but the girl are about as average as Sosua gets....not impressed, one beer and out. Did not partake, was with a chica.

Mike from the blue dolfin owns the little bar on the corner, it has nothing to do with Velvet. Prices in Mikes were good, nice bartenders, TV with the game on, I hung there a few nights.

Jimmydr
10-31-2006, 09:23 AM
Hummm.....
Guess who is working the bar at the Velvet??

.......Soronji, yes, that Soronji!! :mrgreen:

The place is nice but the girl are about as average as Sosua gets....not impressed, one beer and out. Did not partake, was with a chica.

Mike from the blue dolfin owns the little bar on the corner, it has nothing to do with Velvet. Prices in Mikes were good, nice bartenders, TV with the game on, I hung there a few nights.

I guess she wasn't invited back to The Palace either.

Ram
10-31-2006, 09:32 AM
I guess she wasn't invited back to The Palace either.

There was a sign in the Velvet that advertized an Auqa massage in a "Grotto" for 2500 rd.....a few of have had a "Auqa" massage from Soronji in the past, never cost 2500 pesos though!! 1000 was the base price I saw, 1500 for a theme room, never found out what the themes were.....wizard of oz room???

Beads
10-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the updates. Hope their still open in December so I can have a look at the place.

tampabukkake
10-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Menu states

1000 RDS For Massage
1500 RDS For Red Room Massage
2000 RDS For Aqua Massage

I toured the place

The 1000 peso room was basic
The 1500 peso room was basic painted in red with a stereo and candle
The 2000 peso room was basic painted and high roof with a black tiled table on the side for a soapy... also a balcony so you can as stated "Smoke a good cigar, sip some brandy and chat with a chica"... oh yeah the view is looking right at the ex Blue Dolphin pool ... what a sight!

Beads
10-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Menu states

1000 RDS For Massage

I toured the place

The 2000 peso room was basic painted and high roof with a black tiled table on the side for a soapy... also a balcony so you can as stated "Smoke a good cigar, sip some brandy and chat with a chica"... oh yeah the view is looking right at the ex Blue Dolphin pool ... what a sight!

Some great info thanks for reporting back to us. Based upon this info I give the place 4 months.

http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/bbenedet/fall04/Documents/tumbleweed/tumbleweed/tumbleweed.jpg

Downtown
10-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Tampa

Thanks! Finally some info we can use for comparison purposes. Now what's the skinny on the chicas? Any free-lancers or are they all "employees?"

Magnum
11-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Menu states

1000 RDS For Massage

I toured the place

Nobody asked you.............WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT?????

Don't you fuckin work you lucky SOB??????

tampabukkake
11-02-2006, 12:08 AM
The chicas in the afternoon were ok ... at the best. There were 3 girls and Soronji ... they were mostly playing pool .... a few skanks wandered in ... not sure if they were working there.

I went one night and the quality was better ...

I was there a total of 2 times (3 beers each time)... and didn t see one person take a chica for a massage

tampabukkake
11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE
Don't you fuckin work you lucky SOB??????[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is work?

Magnum
11-02-2006, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE

What the fuck is work?[/QUOTE]

What am I doing wrong?????????????????????????

vagabond
11-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Heard from a friend that the massage there was pretty lousy. It was down to the private parts almost imediately.
Haven't been there myself, so I can't confirm, but have no reason not to belive him.

Beads
11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
soronji working there. :rofl: least we know someone in there knows how to suck a dick. :rofl:

MrHappy
11-02-2006, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE

What the fuck is work?[/QUOTE]

When you've got lots of time, let me know. We'll sit down and I'll explain it to you, reeeeaaaaaaallllllll slow..... LoL

tampabukkake
11-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Mr Happy... A pleasure meeting you... I still want the info on the 3 chicas.... the one with glasses was smoooookin hot !

MrHappy
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
That's my baby. She's one of my regulars.

And folks tell me I ain't got balls.... heheheheh

rley69
12-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Given the lack of first hand reports about this place I am assuming its main purpose in life is to shake down tourists looking to get a quick break from the missus for an hour or two (and who would probably be delirious at the prospect of so much as a hand job).

Anyone know if this is just a massage joint or is there any attempt at stripping or lapdancing?

Mags
12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Given the lack of first hand reports about this place I am assuming its main purpose in life is to shake down tourists looking to get a quick break from the missus for an hour or two (and who would probably be delirious at the prospect of so much as a hand job).

Anyone know if this is just a massage joint or is there any attempt at stripping or lapdancing?

They do have a stage for the dancers on the first floor. I did not go up
stairs. This was during the day and I saw no dancers. They also have a pool table on the first floor. A menu on the wall stated massages at 1500 pesos.

Cuba Libre
12-18-2006, 06:47 PM
They do have a stage for the dancers on the first floor. I did not go up
stairs. This was during the day and I saw no dancers. They also have a pool table on the first floor. A menu on the wall stated massages at 1500 pesos.I've been there at night and never saw any dancers. As a matter of fact, I never saw more than one or two unaccompanied chicas there any of times I've walked by the place.

snoozer
01-31-2007, 07:26 PM
I walked by there last night on my way to Passions.It was closed again, I think it is dying a slow death.

The bar in the same building called Sleazys had some hot chicas on the side walk, one was a rubia called Azul. Was busy when I returned later from Passions. Maybe will check it out another night.

Beads
01-31-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info.closed 2 days in a row isnt a good sign.

kiddfrost
01-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Myself and the rest of the Wolf Pack walked by there from ErikS house in Jan 07. The place looked way past dead. I only saw one or two girls by themselves. They looked in need of help, serious help... I bet they won't be open when the wolf pack comes back through in June 07

MisterPink
01-31-2007, 10:24 PM
The Velvet Club appears to now hold the record for most expensive bar renovation and shortest period of being open! It looked closed to me tonight.
..........Yet another well thought out business plan executed.

mp

rley69
02-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Myself and the rest of the Wolf Pack walked by there from ErikS house in Jan 07. The place looked way past dead. I only saw one or two girls by themselves. They looked in need of help, serious help... I bet they won't be open when the wolf pack comes back through in June 07

Last week a chica who knows one of the owners told me that it was going to be closed for a week because of a power supply problem (unpaid bill?). When I did go in or walk by anytime before during the two weeks I was in town it was dead (even deader than sea-crets so that really is dead!).

Beads
02-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Last week a chica who knows one of the owners told me that it was going to be closed for a week because of a power supply problem (unpaid bill?). When I did go in or walk by anytime before during the two weeks I was in town it was dead (even deader than sea-crets so that really is dead!).

Definitely a shame as they put quite a bit of time and money into the place. Maybe they can open something else there.

guttaman
02-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Definitely a shame as they put quite a bit of time and money into the place. Maybe they can open something else there.

The way the chicken guy is going it will be the 1st DBC on the island. Dominican Barbieqwed Chicken.

Beads
02-02-2007, 06:20 PM
The way the chicken guy is going it will be the 1st DBC on the island. Dominican Barbieqwed Chicken.

The chicken stand is one of my favorite places to eat. I try to eat there once a day every trip.

rley69
02-04-2007, 01:25 PM

Considering they built it from scratch it is a very odd place. The bar juts out at an angle which divides an already limited space in two. There is a sign saying dancers outside and a little stage (but no pole) on one side of the bar and a pool table and a chaise lounge on the other (the only use I saw the chaise lounge put to in two weeks was a woman breastfeeding her baby one afternoon!). However, when I asked I was told there are no dancers and there are no plans to have any. There was a sign about massages but no sign of any chicas (other than a couple of bar staff including ex-Palace favourite Soranji, who to be honest has seen better days). There is a seperate little bar next door which always seems to have more people in it than the Velvet Glove (although still not a lot).

And for me the name still conjures up visions of an iron fist about to desend!

weyland
02-04-2007, 02:17 PM
The chicken stand is one of my favorite places to eat. I try to eat there once a day every trip.
... and it will be even cheaper to eat there soon. They have just contracted to take a container of really cheap turkeys from thunderstar's neighbour, Mr B Matthews!

thunderstar
02-04-2007, 08:15 PM
There beautiful.........

Beads
02-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Any updates? they open back up or shut down for good?

Apos
02-10-2007, 07:03 PM
as of last weekend they were shut down tight...the restaurants/bars on either side were open but not the velvet glove itself.
Any updates? they open back up or shut down for good?

Rocky
02-10-2007, 07:17 PM
When I did go in or walk by anytime before during the two weeks I was in town it was dead (even deader than sea-crets so that really is dead!).Both are destined for the same fate.

Beads
03-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Visited the bar here several times while walking down the street. Never very busy. Only reason I went inside this past trip is while eating at the chicken stand a HOT chica walked by. It was the now 18 yr old daughter of the calmado across the street from the palace. Damn she is hot. Anyhow she works at the bar now so I went in and hung out a bit. I asked if she gave massages but she only sits around to attract men. At night while passing by it seemed like they had a few people inside. Still not enough revenue to cover the expenses I bet.

The war of attrition on the owners finances continues.....

Cuba Libre
03-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Only reason I went inside this past trip is while eating at the chicken stand a HOT chica walked by. It was the now 18 yr old daughter of the calmado across the street from the palace. Damn she is hot. Anyhow she works at the bar now so I went in and hung out a bit. I asked if she gave massages but she only sits around to attract men.It sounds like she is good at her job. :)

Beads
03-21-2007, 11:42 AM
It sounds like she is good at her job. :)

Sure she'll get you in there a few times but no action and youll move on. She doesnt give massages she is only eye candy to get you in there.

kiddfrost
03-21-2007, 03:21 PM
So if the sexy chicas are only eye candy. Then what do the actual massage girls look like????

Beads
03-21-2007, 03:34 PM
So if the sexy chicas are only eye candy. Then what do the actual massage girls look like????

Nothing id pay for.I said to her do you have any massage girls that look as good as you. She laughed and pointed to some beasts!

kiddfrost
03-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Nothing id pay for.I said to her do you have any massage girls that look as good as you. She laughed and pointed to some beasts!

Some Beast???:confused: :confused: ....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now that's some funny shit!!!!! Hold up, Hold up, Hold up... How can a business succeed when it can't supply OUR demand... That's like false advertisment. They show you the sexy chica to get you in. And the sexy chica shows you to someone like this http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/2009665480

Beads
03-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Some Beast???:confused: :confused: ....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now that's some funny shit!!!!! Hold up, Hold up, Hold up... How can a business succeed when it can't supply OUR demand... That's like false advertisment. They show you the sexy chica to get you in. And the sexy chica shows you to someone like this http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/2009665480

Damn thats one of them :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jimmydr
03-21-2007, 05:58 PM

Looks better than Daisy so there will be a few customers waiting in line.:eek:

BCell
03-21-2007, 06:36 PM

too fukin funny

rley69
03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Visited the bar here several times while walking down the street. Never very busy. Only reason I went inside this past trip is while eating at the chicken stand a HOT chica walked by.

When I was around in January the closest thing to a hot chica I saw at the Velvet Glove was the former Palace favourite Soranji who works behind the bar. She was never very tall and seems to have let herself go a bit, she was usually shuffling around the place like some kind of errant munshkin.

Still, at least it sounds like the power is back on. Let's see if they are still open when I get back in May...

ErikS
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
When I was around in January the closest thing to a hot chica I saw at the Velvet Glove was the former Palace favourite Soranji who works behind the bar. She was never very tall and seems to have let herself go a bit, she was usually shuffling around the place like some kind of errant munshkin.

Still, at least it sounds like the power is back on. Let's see if they are still open when I get back in May...

It's been closed for the last few weeks and has a large "For Sale" sign on it.

This week there have been construction crews in there, and it looks like they are subdividing the building into several smaller units.

I saw one of the owners in the Shark Bar and asked hime what was up with the Velvet Glove? He threw is hands up in the air and said something to the effect: "Don't ask, I don't want to talk about it, I'm too upset!".

Jimmydr
03-27-2007, 07:40 PM
I saw one of the owners in the Shark Bar and asked hime what was up with the Velvet Glove? He threw is hands up in the air and said something to the effect: "Don't ask, I don't want to talk about it, I'm too upset!".

And we have another smart investor.:eek:

Kevy
03-27-2007, 07:41 PM
what was the over/under on this place? I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.:mrgreen:

Tony Toca
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
And we have another smart investor.:eek:

With John, can you really be that smart? (and not smarting from the ass reaming you just got!!!!).

Rocky
03-27-2007, 08:52 PM
It's been closed for the last few weeks and has a large "For Sale" sign on it.

This week there have been construction crews in there, and it looks like they are subdividing the building into several smaller units.

As predicted, and Seacrets will be next.

Jimmydr
03-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Loser after loser, coming to Sosua, year after year!

Rocky
03-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Loser after loser, coming to Sosua, year after year!Sometimes true, but you have to bear in mind that it's not always that easy.
We're disadvantaged as gringos coming here and trying to apply our new world knowledge in a system that works a different way.
Then there's shady people around always looking for victims.
In the new world, these dudes would get busted.
So it makes for a difficult and bumpy ride.
Those who succeed, do it partially out of luck.. Good luck, that is.

Jimmydr
03-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Sometimes true, but you have to bear in mind that it's not always that easy.
We're disadvantaged as gringos coming here and trying to apply our new world knowledge in a system that works a different way.
Then there's shady people around always looking for victims.
In the new world, these dudes would get busted.
So it makes for a difficult and bumpy ride.
Those who succeed, do it partially out of luck.. Good luck, that is.

Its called research! McDonalds opened 10,000 restaurants in 10,000 locations doing RESEARCH!

rley69
03-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Its called research! McDonalds opened 10,000 restaurants in 10,000 locations doing RESEARCH!

True. And given that the owners built the Velvet Glove from scratch there is really no excuse for fucking it up so badly. If you walk into a bar that has a bloody great neon sign saying "dancers" outside you expect to see something more interesting going on inside than Soranji eating pizza!

Beads
03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
True. And given that the owners built the Velvet Glove from scratch there is really no excuse for fucking it up so badly. If you walk into a bar that has a bloody great neon sign saying "dancers" outside you expect to see something more interesting going on inside than Soranji eating pizza!

I dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to watch Soranji eating pizza?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

jd_mine
03-29-2007, 05:45 AM
The only way you'll se Soronji eating pizza is if you buy her one first!

rley69
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont understand why anyone wouldn't want to watch Soranji eating pizza?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The problem is that Soranji, who was never exaclty anorexic, has eaten far too much pizza since her glory days at the Palace and has experienced a considerable amount of what might be called "lateral expansion" over the past year or so. In fact, if the VG hadn't closed they would have probably have had to start greasing her hips to get her through the door!

Now, which place will be the next place to fall - Sea-crets, Tropicana or the High Caribe?

Beads
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
The problem is that Soranji, who was never exaclty anorexic, has eaten far too much pizza since her glory days at the Palace and has experienced a considerable amount of what might be called "lateral expansion" over the past year or so. In fact, if the VG hadn't closed they would have probably have had to start greasing her hips to get her through the door!

Now, which place will be the next place to fall - Sea-crets, Tropicana or the High Caribe?

High Caribe already fell. It wasn't open at all during my last trip and was listed as for sale.

Hemp
03-29-2007, 05:29 PM

your kidding right...that chica is not fat at all!!! she is no spinner but not fat.

Jimmydr
03-29-2007, 05:36 PM
your kidding right...that chica is not fat at all!!! she is no spinner but not fat.

Compared to Daisy she is a spinner.

Beads
03-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Compared to Daisy she is a spinner.

hey dont be getting SJG all upset. to him Daisy is a spinner :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tony Toca
03-29-2007, 10:31 PM

I have to agree with Hemp. She is not fat, just THICK!!!! Also, she she still has skills (tested from 11/06).

She is now living in Charimicos, a couple of blocks from the beach entrance.

David Smash
03-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Wow Soronji got fat??? Man I didn't even get to hit that before she got all bloated and shit. Is she at least sloppy drunk do-able?

Jimmydr
03-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Wow Soronji got fat??? Man I didn't even get to hit that before she got all bloated and shit. Is she at least sloppy drunk do-able?

Lets see, whoring for 6 years, 4 meals a day with half a case of beer with that. :eek:

Beads
05-06-2007, 06:59 PM
any1 got an update on this place?

and im sure someone visited Yocastas bar by now. any info?

Jimmydr
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
any1 got an update on this place?

and im sure someone visited Yocastas bar by now. any info?

Yocasta never showed up while I was there.:eek:

Jimmydr
05-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Note, this place went out of business.