PDA

View Full Version : Yuderqui is innocent

NewsWhore
06-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Dominican weightlifter Yuderqui Contreras has cleared her name after the International Olympic Committee announced that Contreras' B sample came up as negative during tests in Paris. Contreras' A sample, taken shortly after the 2008 Beijing Olympics tested positive for the performance enhancing drug CERA. There had also been much controversy and suspicion surrounding Contreras because the weightlifter trained in Bulgaria under coach Constantin Darov, but the Bulgarian national team didn't compete in weightlifting events because of a doping scandal. A negative result on her B sample clears any doubts about Contreras and ends months of embarrassment and accusations of cheating. "I can't express my joy after I received the call from journalist Dionisio Soldevilla to tell me about the medical commission's decision." Contreras has always maintained her innocence and said she was confident she would be exonerated. She said she was not interested in winning a medal using banned substances. Yuderqui Contreras came fifth in the 53kg category in the Beijing Olympics.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#12)