PDA

View Full Version : AMERICAN AIRLINES 2005

psriches
01-06-2005, 07:27 PM
American airlines announced today that it will match all of Delta airlines recent changes. Question!! Will these changes benefit us?

Dick Dawson
01-06-2005, 07:54 PM
American airlines announced today that it will match all of Delta airlines recent changes. Question!! Will these changes benefit us?

I've read that the price wars that are about to happen are only for domestic travel (within the US)

JDR
01-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Jet Blue is $349 for May so the rest will follow!

Dick Dawson
01-06-2005, 08:09 PM

Jimmy, any plans for a hub in Newark in the near future?

JDR
01-06-2005, 08:09 PM

Jimmy, any plans for a hub in Newark in the near future?

No :(

Apos
01-06-2005, 08:12 PM

Hi, [if this is not you, click here] Book a Flight hotels/cars go to TrueBlue!

Adult Fare US$85.00

Fri, 13 May 05
Flight 7
Flight 725
5:00 pm Depart Buffalo, NY (BUF)
6:15 pm
9:10 pm Connect New York NY (JFK)
12:45 am Arrive Santiago, DR (STI)(next day)

Adult Fare US$119.00

Mon, 23 May 05
Flight 724
Flight 6
10:30 am Depart Santiago, DR (STI)
2:05 pm
5:15 pm Connect New York NY (JFK)
6:35 pm Arrive Buffalo, NY (BUF)

Departing Flight
Airfare/Adult US$ 85.00
Taxes/Adult (details) US$ 47.55
Subtotal/Adult US$ 132.55
X 1 Adult US$ 132.55

Departing Flight
- This fare is nonrefundable and name changes are not permitted.
- Reservations made with this fare may be changed prior to scheduled departure online at jetblue.com for a fee of $20 per person or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE for a fee of $25 per person. Any applicable difference in airfare will apply. Cancellations may be made by calling 1-800-JETBLUE for a fee of $25 per person. If a change or cancellation results in overpayment, any remaining balance will become a credit with JetBlue and may be applied toward future travel for one year.
- If a reservation made with this fare is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with this fare is forfeited.
- This fare is capacity controlled. Seats offered at this fare are limited and may not be available on all flights.
- All fares are subject to change until purchased.

Returning Flight
Airfare/Adult US$ 119.00
Taxes/Adult (details) US$ 74.00
Subtotal/Adult US$ 193.00
X 1 Adult US$ 193.00

Returning Flight
- This fare is nonrefundable and name changes are not permitted.
- Reservations made with this fare may be changed prior to scheduled departure online at jetblue.com for a fee of $20 per person or by calling 1-800-JETBLUE for a fee of $25 per person. Any applicable difference in airfare will apply. Cancellations may be made by calling 1-800-JETBLUE for a fee of $25 per person. If a change or cancellation results in overpayment, any remaining balance will become a credit with JetBlue and may be applied toward future travel for one year.
- If a reservation made with this fare is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with this fare is forfeited.
- This fare is capacity controlled. Seats offered at this fare are limited and may not be available on all flights.
- All fares are subject to change until purchased.

Total Cost of Flight US$ 325.55

psriches
03-03-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm sitting here looking at my March ticket. $260 from NYC JFK. The fare is $150 and the tax is $110. What the fuck! $110 for tax?? Almost as much as the fare. :x

WSJ3
03-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm sitting here looking at my March ticket. $260 from NYC JFK. The fare is $150 and the tax is $110. What the fuck! $110 for tax?? Almost as much as the fare. :x

That is your bbbjcim surcharge for mongering in DR.

BROOKLYN_357
03-03-2005, 06:37 PM
JET BLUE round trip from JFK-STI $290.55
AMERICAN AIRLINES round trip from JFK-STI $294.00

Mister NYC
03-07-2005, 08:24 PM
THings should get better..I'm no airline expert, but I agree with you, the rest will follow and lower there fares at least just a bit. The dollar should get stronger by summers end too according to many leading fx experts....better than the euro...now this would be a god sent.

Coolhand
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
You guys stop bitch about flights under 300 I had to pay $550 for my trip.Now that is a real DR pussy lover. I have decided to take my anger out on some cute DR chica's pussy I mean my pussy.Go DEEBOO on a Bitch! See that's how you do it you get off the plane walk pass customs with a crazy look on your face like you will go Mike Tyson at any moment and bit the pure shit out of someone. I do that and walk right past even in mexico. Next you get to town and switch to cave man mode grab a chica and say me horny give me pussy and fuck the shit out of her until the cops come knock at your door. After she screams for you to lecha after four or five hours bust in her eye and send her on her damn way. After doing this you will forget all about how much you paid for the ticket trust me. It's the way Rick James would do it, so enjoy yourself Bitches.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/corey7473/rickjames97.bmp
[/img]

psriches
03-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Give them that Carolina flavor baby!!! :wink:

Coolhand
03-07-2005, 09:46 PM
You know how we do baby boy they aint ready for a real country boy. It's gonna get ugly.Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

BROOKLYN_357
03-07-2005, 10:01 PM
You know how we do baby boy they aint ready for a real country boy. It's gonna get ugly.Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

NORTH CAROLINAAAAAAAAA...RAISE UP, TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF AND TWIST IT AROUND YOUR HEAD LIKE A HELICOPTER!!!

psriches
03-07-2005, 10:03 PM

NORTH CAROLINAAAAAAAAA...RAISE UP, TAKE YOUR SHIRT OFF AND TWIST IT AROUND YOUR HEAD LIKE A HELICOPTER!!!Uh Oh!! Don't get Coolhand started....... :wink:

Coolhand
03-07-2005, 10:11 PM
WHO am I? COOLHAND Mutha F%$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Knight
03-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Squeal like piggy Gawdammit boy!

Coolhand
03-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Thats what I am going to tell the chica's bend over and squeal like a little piggy. I love it I came here to bring the pain.

DEPUTY DAWG
03-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Thats what I am going to tell the chica's bend over and squeal like a little piggy. I love it I came here to bring the pain.
and take some pics :!: :!: :!: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Coolhand
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
and take some pics :!: :!: :!: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
oh yeah just bought a new camera so looking foward to it.

BROOKLYN_357
03-08-2005, 05:02 PM
american airlines, jfk-sti $290.00 RT

psriches
03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
american airlines, jfk-sti $290.00 RTwhat dates??

BROOKLYN_357
03-09-2005, 08:59 PM

26 MAY AND RETURN ON THE 1ST OF JUNE

psriches
03-09-2005, 10:49 PM

26 MAY AND RETURN ON THE 1ST OF JUNEthat's a good fare for memorial weekend...

Tonto4
03-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Flight back from POP was only half full today. Maybe the weak dollar is starting to affect tourism and airfares will have downward pressure.

D_W_
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
Oh man screw this STI bullshit...we need POP to go down.

Tonto4
03-09-2005, 11:50 PM

I just did the open jaw thing JFK-STI down and POP-JFK. Bus to Sousa wasn't too bad. . . you may need to buy your ticket ahead of time. I checked the schedule at the Santiago Caribe-tours office, then went across the street to eat at the fried chicken place. When I got back, the next bus had soldout and I had to wait another hour.Bus is only 80 peso. Cabs on both ends cost 150+150=300 pesos.

Santigo is worth checking out from what I saw, read here, and heard from other guys. My time there was quiet and pretty much half a day and more wasted for mongering.

psriches
03-10-2005, 03:12 PM

I just did the open jaw thing JFK-STI down and POP-JFK. Bus to Sousa wasn't too bad. . . you may need to buy your ticket ahead of time. I checked the schedule at the Santiago Caribe-tours office, then went across the street to eat at the fried chicken place. When I got back, the next bus had soldout and I had to wait another hour.Bus is only 80 peso. Cabs on both ends cost 150+150=300 pesos.

Santigo is worth checking out from what I saw, read here, and heard from other guys. My time there was quiet and pretty much half a day and more wasted for mongering.where did you stay?

BROOKLYN_357
03-10-2005, 05:08 PM

Santigo is worth checking out from what I saw, read here, and heard from other guys. My time there was quiet and pretty much half a day and more wasted for mongering.

what are you getting for an exchange rate??

Tonto4
03-10-2005, 05:44 PM

what are you getting for an exchange rate??

I stayed at the Hotel Platino. Monkeybrained was there, hit Casa Blanca and one of the Cabanas. They are all off the road coming from the airport. My flight was delayed 4 hours. I just chilled the first night.

I was getting a solid 28 pesos all week on the street and German cigar store. Last day (Wed) dipped to 27.70

RickRock
03-12-2005, 11:34 PM
In Dec of 2004, I had to pay $800 for my round trip ticket from the US to Santo Domingo. :(

BrooklynBeas
03-13-2005, 10:53 AM
In Dec of 2004, I had to pay $800 for my round trip ticket from the US to Santo Domingo. :(

Welcome Macho... In Dec... especially around Christmas time the prices may go up a lil.... Also it depends on where you are flying from and too... NY and FLA seem to have some of the best rates... and STI airport seems to be the cheapest to fly into

el_papi_chew_low
03-13-2005, 11:24 AM

Thanks for the info. I may have to try to use a free ticket or fly on an off day. Worst case would be to fly out of NYC. $800 is a lot for airfaire to SDQ.

BROOKLYN_357
03-14-2005, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I may have to try to use a free ticket or fly on an off day. Worst case would be to fly out of NYC. $800 is a lot for airfaire to SDQ.

shit....hell yeah 800 is a lot...whew!!

Pana
03-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Travel Dates Mar 17- May 25(last day to come back to get the deal) $268 JFK to Puerto Plata!!!!!!!

BROOKLYN_357
03-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Travel Dates Mar 17- May 25(last day to come back to get the deal) $268 JFK to Puerto Plata!!!!!!!

SAY WHAT??!!!!...on what airline??

Pana
03-16-2005, 08:55 PM

American Airlines sorry about that :wink: . I had AA as my title I thought every body from NYC and the Tri-State area woulg get the hint and it said AA.

Mister NYC
03-16-2005, 09:56 PM

American Airlines sorry about that :wink: . I had AA as my title I thought every body from NYC and the Tri-State area woulg get the hint and it said AA.

Nice prices, but you miss out if you don't sign up to get there weekly NetSaver specials by email. I'm not too worried about the price swing..I do look around, but I get the good rates since I stay longer..like 4+ weeks at a time. Gotta love it!

fox mulder
03-17-2005, 02:05 AM
I envy you guys from NY that have to pay under 300US. I pay an avrage of 500US each time I travel and that is when I AA has specials. Other times its 600 and above. Guys there has to be a better way to travel to the DR from houston.

D_W_
03-17-2005, 10:10 AM
I envy you guys from NY that have to pay under 300US. I pay an avrage of 500US each time I travel and that is when I AA has specials. Other times its 600 and above. Guys there has to be a better way to travel to the DR from houston.

Continental is hubbed in Houston, but it wouldn't be practical to fly to EWR.

BROOKLYN_357
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM

SORRY FOR YA!!

psriches
04-04-2005, 06:33 PM
When are the JFK-POP summer $230 flights kicking in? Are those days over?

Pana
04-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Yep there over if anybody wants to go this summer you will be paying at least $400 and more and thats now wait till the summer comes book now if you can to Santiago.

psriches
04-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Yep there over if anybody wants to go this summer you will be paying at least $400 and more and thats now wait till the summer comes book now if you can to Santiago.And make sure you complete travel by 6/15 for that $260 fare.......

Mister NYC
04-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Try booking your airfare on aa.com using the multi city option and fly into STI from JFK and then out of POP to JFK for $299.80 r/t. This option is good on fares in May and June and maybe beyond.

Spend a night in Santiago and then head into Sosua...just what I like to do.

MISTER NYC :D

knotty
04-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Try booking your airfare on aa.com using the multi city option and fly into STI from JFK and then out of POP to JFK for $299.80 r/t. This option is good on fares in May and June and maybe beyond.

When was this put into affect, because I did it 2wks ago, and the price was not 299.80 RT. It was 400 something, then was over 500 the following weekend.

BrooklynBeas
04-14-2005, 07:55 AM

When was this put into affect, because I did it 2wks ago, and the price was not 299.80 RT. It was 400 something, then was over 500 the following weekend.

It probably matter which days of the week you want to travel... Try a Thursday to a Tuesday... Usually flying on a weekend of the day before or after are a little higher from what i have seen

knotty
04-14-2005, 07:58 AM

It probably matter which days of the week you want to travel... Try a Thursday to a Tuesday... Usually flying on a weekend of the day before or after are a little higher from what i have seen

yeah, it could be the weekend i'm going, which is Memorial weekend, but I booked for Thurs. 05/26-Mon. 05/30. And I was seeing some ridiculous prices for NY. RT to POP was over 600 dollars.

BrooklynBeas
04-14-2005, 08:01 AM
There you go peckerhead... Its memorial day weekend... Its always more on a holiday :lol: :lol: :lol:

knotty
04-14-2005, 08:04 AM
that's why this peckerhead (funny shit) :lol: :lol: :lol: will be flying into, and out of STI for $358. It was close to half the price then POP.

BrooklynBeas
04-14-2005, 08:08 AM
that's why this peckerhead (funny shit) :lol: :lol: :lol: will be flying into, and out of STI for $358. It was close to half the price then POP.

Have Fun!... Dont forget pics and port! (report)

knotty
04-14-2005, 08:15 AM

Oh, no doubt. That's a given. Gotta share the luv.

psriches
04-14-2005, 03:18 PM

Oh, no doubt. That's a given. Gotta share the luv.I think those are the prices we are working with for the summer.... :cry:

el_papi_chew_low
04-14-2005, 05:01 PM
Finally some good news ... these taxes are killing us

Airline association against new tax

The Association of Airlines (ALA) of the Dominican Republic met on Tuesday, 12 April and unanimously rejected the announcement made by Tourism Minister Felix Jimenez whereby funding for infrastructure in tourism areas would come from an administratively-applied US$5 surcharge on scheduled and charter airline fares as of May 2005, as reported in Hoy newspaper. ALA feels that already fares are overtaxed. He said that an increase would have a significant negative effect on the flow of travel to the country, both on scheduled flights as well as on charter flights that are handled by international tour operators. The association's position is that the Dominican Republic would price itself out and would no longer be able to compete in the European and North American markets.
The Association mentioned that passengers traveling to the DR already have to pay the government:
Civil Aviation Board charge of US$20 for scheduled passengers and US$10 for charter passengers.
Department of Taxes: US$20 exit tax and US$10 tourist card.
He said that the Ministry of Tourism receives a portion of these funds for promotional campaigns abroad.
ALA requested that the tourism minister and the President of the Republic instead of promoting new taxes that would have negative consequences on aviation and the tourism sector, make better use of the funds the state already receives and invest these funds back into the sector by building the needed infrastructure.
Spokesperson for ALA, Maria Esther Fernandez says that the association has not received any formal notification from the Ministry of Tourism regarding the new surcharge.
Tourism Minister Felix Jimenez made the announcement during a press conference on 7 April during the Dominican Annual Tourism Exchange held in Santo Domingo.

Kevy
04-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Thanks El_papi after this week, we need some good news.

Tonto4
04-20-2005, 06:16 PM
AA has special fare to SDQ $219 next week from Boston.

Kevy
04-20-2005, 06:18 PM
so much for the good news, here is DR1

Airfare surcharge to start in August
The Ministry of Tourism announced that starting August it will impose a US$5 surcharge on airfares to the Dominican Republic. Tourism Minister Felix Jimenez had announced the lsurcharge would go in effect in May during a 7 April press conference at the Dominican Annual Tourism Exchange marketing event. He said the new charge would only apply to airline tickets purchased outside the Dominican Republic. Jimenez says the measure will be temporary.
Jimenez said that the funds would be used to improve tourism destinations. "The Dominican government is obliged to develop infrastructures and improve tourism areas and it is counterproductive that living the Dominican Republic off tourism there are coastal areas full of garbage and there are not adequate sanitary fill and adequate signage on the highways," the minister says in a press release issued today on the surcharge.
He said the surcharge will enable the country to compete with Mexico, Jamaica and other Caribbean destinations.
He said that unfortunately the new government has found a bankrupt government and as a consequence is obliged to find ways to finance important tourism works.
He said the surcharge is being postponed because fares had already been purchased for the season and tour operators were unaware of the new surcharge. He said they had notified the International Federation of Tour Operators of the increase, but apparently the information was not passed on to tour operator members, especially in the United States.
"You are aware that 50% of the tourists that visit the DR come from the US and Canada, and thus it is important that they be aware of the surcharge," explained Jimenez.
Two weeks ago the Ministry of Tourism announced that the government would invest US$300 million in tourism infrastructures that would be carried out with the funds generated by the surcharge and funds from international organizations.
The National Association of Hotels & Restaurants and the National Airlines Association have protested the new tax, stressing that airfares in the DR are already heavily taxed.

D_W_
04-20-2005, 06:49 PM
so much for the good news, here is DR1

Airfare surcharge to start in August
The Ministry of Tourism announced that starting August it will impose a US$5 surcharge on airfares to the Dominican Republic. Tourism Minister Felix Jimenez had announced the lsurcharge would go in effect in May during a 7 April press conference at the Dominican Annual Tourism Exchange marketing event. He said the new charge would only apply to airline tickets purchased outside the Dominican Republic. Jimenez says the measure will be temporary.
Jimenez said that the funds would be used to improve tourism destinations. "The Dominican government is obliged to develop infrastructures and improve tourism areas and it is counterproductive that living the Dominican Republic off tourism there are coastal areas full of garbage and there are not adequate sanitary fill and adequate signage on the highways," the minister says in a press release issued today on the surcharge.
He said the surcharge will enable the country to compete with Mexico, Jamaica and other Caribbean destinations.
He said that unfortunately the new government has found a bankrupt government and as a consequence is obliged to find ways to finance important tourism works.
He said the surcharge is being postponed because fares had already been purchased for the season and tour operators were unaware of the new surcharge. He said they had notified the International Federation of Tour Operators of the increase, but apparently the information was not passed on to tour operator members, especially in the United States.
"You are aware that 50% of the tourists that visit the DR come from the US and Canada, and thus it is important that they be aware of the surcharge," explained Jimenez.
Two weeks ago the Ministry of Tourism announced that the government would invest US$300 million in tourism infrastructures that would be carried out with the funds generated by the surcharge and funds from international organizations.
The National Association of Hotels & Restaurants and the National Airlines Association have protested the new tax, stressing that airfares in the DR are already heavily taxed.

Wasn't this rescinded a week later?

Kevy
04-20-2005, 06:49 PM
This was just posted today.

Dick Dawson
04-20-2005, 06:54 PM
I love this line.

Jimenez says the measure will be temporary.

Riiiiiight.

Tonto4
04-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Its already about $105 tax and fees on a roundtrip :shock: How can the airlines only make $155 on a $260 ticket? No wonder they're broke.

Pana
04-21-2005, 04:14 PM
On June 9th to Aug 21st2005 AA will not fly to Puerto Plata on Mondays and Wednesdays out of JFK.

knotty
04-21-2005, 04:17 PM
On June 9th to Aug 21st2005 AA will not fly to Puerto Plata on Mondays and Wednesdays out of JFK.

thanks for the info. I was thinking on flying out on a Wednesday, during that time.

RickRock
05-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Some good AA deals if anyone is on the fence next couple of weeks...

INTERNATIONAL WEEKEND GETAWAY FARES
TRAVEL DATES AND TIMES FOR WEEKEND GETAWAY FARES

Depart anytime between Wednesday, May 11, 2005 and Friday, May 13, 2005.
Return anytime between Monday, May 16, 2005 and Wednesday, May 18, 2005.
Tickets must be purchased by this Friday, May 6, 2005, 11:59 p.m. (CT).
Fares displayed are for round-trip coach class travel.

Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) San Juan, PR (SJU) $319
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA) $349
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Lima, Peru (LIM) $559
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) San Juan, PR (SJU) $199

Hartford, CT (BDL) San Juan, PR (SJU) $299
Miami, FL (MIA) Belize City, Belize (BZE) $409
Miami, FL (MIA) Cali, Colombia (CLO) $343
Miami, FL (MIA) Cancun, Mexico (CUN) $239

Miami, FL (MIA) Providenciales, Turks and Caicos (PLS) $199
Miami, FL (MIA) San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) $261
Miami, FL (MIA) San Salvador, El Salvador (SAL) $319
New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Aruba, Aruba (AUA) $349

New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Bermuda, Bermuda (BDA) $199
New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) $219
New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ) $269
Raleigh/Durham, NC (RDU) London Gatwick, UK (LGW) $569

San Juan, PR (SJU) Caracas, Venezuela (CCS) $399
San Juan, PR (SJU) Chicago O'Hare, IL (ORD) $319
San Juan, PR (SJU) Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) $199
San Juan, PR (SJU) Hartford, CT (BDL) $299

San Juan, PR (SJU) Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ) # $149
San Juan, PR (SJU) St. Croix, USVI (STX) # $142
San Juan, PR (SJU) St. Lucia Charles Airport, St. Lucia (SLU) # $164

rbc100
08-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Not sure if anyone flies out of Dallas but just saw that American has a special out of Dallas for $369 through early December.That is a kick ass fare from Dallas likely may not include taxes but still a good fare.rbc100

psriches
08-17-2005, 06:53 PM
JFK to STI direct is $268 until Dec. 14th. With the high fuel costs, i don't know when we'll see these rates again! Bring back the days when we could fly into POP direct for $235. JFK to POP is dead!! Rates are $400+ with a connection. :(

Jimmydr
08-17-2005, 06:59 PM
JFK to STI direct is $268 until Dec. 14th. With the high fuel costs, i don't know when we'll see these rates again! Bring back the days when we could fly into POP direct for $235. JFK to POP is dead!! Rates are $400+ with a connection. :(

In 1997 we flew to SD because PoP had short runways. They extended them and there were 4 flights a day in the summer. Then STI opened.

guttaman
08-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Anything under $500 from Boston to POP or STI is a steal for me. The gas company is putting in a new gas burner on monday. Ask how will i pay " AA Advantage Platnium thankyou" 5306 miles in one day. The last time i wrote a check was last summer. One store even lets me charge my lottery tickets on the credit card. Beg, borrow or steal as many miles as possible. As PS said the fuel cost are going to hit us hard after the new year. The 2 weeks i want is $778 going thru Miami which i fucking hate that airport. When the fuck will Jet Blue do some BOS to JFK flights? I might be grounded till March. Holy shit. Thats 7 months. Time to beg, borrow and definately steal.

psriches
08-17-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey Gutta! No airline, weather, connecting flight, airport, gas burner, wife girlfriend, etc, can stop you from getting to DR. ;)

guttaman
08-17-2005, 08:25 PM
I know. I will bite the bullet for the end of October. You got me on that bluff.

moshy2k
08-17-2005, 11:58 PM
I am with you Guttman (EL Drunko pupil) I am vinyl siding my house (have to remove old aluminum siding first) 19,000k and it is all being packed on my AA card.

I also have applied and got approved for my second AA platinum card extra 15,000 miles. Plus the 40k miles I have collected so far I am on my way to over 100k miles. My next trip should be either free or a free upgrade to first class I ain't going back to coach damnit (yes I am spoiled).

psriches
08-18-2005, 06:21 AM
I have about 35k miles on my AA card. Saving miles for Brazil!!

Jimmydr
08-18-2005, 07:52 AM
I have about 35k miles on my AA card. Saving miles for Brazil!!

I have, estimated:

Delta - 125,000
AA - 125,000
Northwest - 30,000
US Air - 25,000
United 60,000

Not bad at all

Done with no fee credit cards

El Drunko
08-18-2005, 12:17 PM
guttaman, here is a thought, don`t know if it works with connection times, but I'm gonna look into it.

PVD-San Juan Spirit
San Juan-POP or STI AA

Spirit has cheap fares to SJU, its still a $300 ticket to POP from sju, but could save a hunddred or better on the air alone. Now parking is $16-$20 a day at Logan, I can get a ride to PVD. People don`t mind that ride, its going into Boston that pisses people off.

guttaman
08-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Checking todays AA update. 10/25 to 11/1 for $415.55 including tax. Need to book by 8/22. And that is into POP not STI. Connection in SJU or hell (MIA). Gonna tweek the dates a bit and see if the #s come up the same. Cost me $50 each way to Logan. No rental car this trip and $20 each way to Sosua. Total $555.55 door to door. I can definately like with that. Just as long as i do not get the Russian cabbie from hell at Logan again. He was drunker than i was.

psriches
08-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Checking todays AA update. 10/25 to 11/1 for $415.55 including tax. Need to book by 8/22. And that is into POP not STI. Connection in SJU or hell (MIA). Gonna tweek the dates a bit and see if the #s come up the same. Cost me $50 each way to Logan. No rental car this trip and $20 each way to Sosua. Total $555.55 door to door. I can definately like with that. Just as long as i do not get the Russian cabbie from hell at Logan again. He was drunker than i was.Not even a drunk Russian cabbie can keep you away from DR....... good man! ;)

psriches
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Hey Gutta! You are right about the POP AI american crowd not travelling there anymore. I guess the word is out that it's not worth it no matter how cheap it is. Like you said, once they experience the shitty service, food, activities, beach, town, etc, they don't return. At one time, i know POP was on that budget traveller's carribean destinations list. You know, cancun, bahamas, jamaica, pr, etc. But not anymore!!

El Drunko
08-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I know for a fact that the AA schedual isn`t the sam as it used to be, its harded than ever to catch a flight....Prices have dropped a bit though, they are in the mid $500's instead of mid $600"s.....

October will be the test. If I like Thialand, I may never go back to the DR, even if it is that close.....I say close, it takes me 11 hrs to get there, leave the house at 3 am for a 6 am flight, catch a connection in Miami for a 3 hr layover. Land at about 2pm......WTF???

rbc100
08-18-2005, 10:19 PM
I am saving most of my 75000 AAlines miles for places like Peru and Colombia and maybe even Uraguay in South America, only 22500 miles for me when on sale.Will be using 17500 of them to DR late September.rbc100

guttaman
08-18-2005, 11:14 PM
I have been to Japan from Logan before and the flight sucked. I think it takes including layover another 10 hours from Narita airport in Japan. BOS to BKK door to door around 35 hours. Boston to Tokyo station was 25 hours exact. Started drinking in Chicago. Long flights and booze are bad. But necessary. El Drunko, i have been thinking Thialand also for many years. Since getting whiplash on the Tokyo subway checking out those cute little Asian asses i have wanted to see the holy land of mongering. I am sure your report will turn many onto the land of large waves.

Jimmydr
08-19-2005, 08:34 AM
My free year is up on American, I am getting a free United with 20,000 miles another Delta card that will give me 30,000 free miles and a year for free.

guttaman
08-19-2005, 08:59 AM
I think it was United i took to Asia. It cost my brother 60,000 miles 3 years ago for my ticket. JDR, do you have links to these 2 cards?

Jimmydr
08-19-2005, 09:36 AM
I think it was United i took to Asia. It cost my brother 60,000 miles 3 years ago for my ticket. JDR, do you have links to these 2 cards?

When the cars come, I will post the numbers.

bud
08-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Man Im pissed i paid $400 for my ticket 2 weeks ago today its a special fare of $318.00 and that includes tax's.....and no way to get any cash back they say thats the biz

Jimmydr
08-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Man Im pissed i paid $400 for my ticket 2 weeks ago today its a special fare of $318.00 and that includes tax's.....and no way to get any cash back they say thats the biz

American at least issues refunds.

psriches
08-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Ding Dong the witch is dead!! POP has come alive!! American is running a $318 JFK/NEWARK to POP special through next spring. Thanks for the info BUD....... ;)

Jimmydr
08-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Ding Dong the witch is dead!! POP has come alive!! American is running a $318 JFK/NEWARK to POP special through next spring. Thanks for the info BUD....... ;)

AA or Cont?

Jimmydr
08-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Its not a direct flight.

psriches
08-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Cont is direct. AA is direct going. Connect in Miami on the return. The point is after dec. 14th, all STI flights go up to the same $318 through next spring. So it's a helluva option, even with the connection.

Jimmydr
08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Cont is direct. AA is direct going. Connect in Miami on the return. The point is after dec. 14th, all STI flights go up to the same $318 through next spring. So it's a helluva option, even with the connection.

AA is direct from NJ now?

psriches
08-19-2005, 05:16 PM
No!! AA is still connecting from Newark, both ways. From JFK, it's non-stop going and a connect on the return. Cont is the only airline non-stop from Newark.

Jimmydr
08-19-2005, 05:18 PM
No!! AA is still connecting from Newark, both ways. From JFK, it's non-stop going and a connect on the return. Cont is the only airline non-stop from Newark.

Mine is non stop both ways in September?

Dick Dawson
08-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I'd love to know why AA does direct from JFK but not from EWR.

Maximus
08-19-2005, 07:58 PM
I'd love to know why AA does direct from JFK but not from EWR.

AA is down to just Friday and Sunday direct JFK to POP now!

moshy2k
08-20-2005, 12:00 AM
BRING BACK EWR to POP DAMNiT (direct)