PDA

View Full Version : From Toronto to Sosua, as easy as possible

Apos
01-08-2005, 09:44 PM
As you can tell by my wordiness that I love doing it. I'm still having the time of my life. More and more chicas are showing up who haven't been around all week (Christmas, I guess). I also have my scheduled dates with my #1 not a puta to look forward to. I get excitement by just sitting here posting and watching the chicas pass by Rocky's. It's all good!!

I miss hanging with Goby, Apostropheman, Mav, Jimmy and JJ, and I'm about to bid adieu to BigTrick and D the Lurker...but the party must go on!
:twisted:

I'm sitting here in Canada crying in my SNOW! I miss hanging with the guys and can hardly wait to get back. I'm in the planning stage for a trip May 13-23/05. Just scoping out the best airline to deliver me HOME! Jet blue was an option but Continental has much shorter overall times from Buffalo.

Will anyone be there when I am in May?

Ram
01-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Jet blue was an option but Continental has much shorter overall times from Buffalo.

Hey Apostropheman,
I live in TO, what do you do when you go to Buffalo? Do you park, take a bus, get a hotel? I am asking because I plan to fly from Buffalo on my next trip.

Apos
01-08-2005, 10:17 PM
Jet blue was an option but Continental has much shorter overall times from Buffalo.

Hey Apostropheman,
I live in TO, what do you do when you go to Buffalo? Do you park, take a bus, get a hotel? I am asking because I plan to fly from Buffalo on my next trip.

I'm planning on driving to Grimsby, where friends have a business, having my buddy go with me to the pickup point for Niagara airbus. He will then take my car back to his store and his wife will drive it home. Repeat in reverse for the return or have them or a relative pick me up if it is too late. Barring that I'm considering parking at the airport as the airbus is $100 return. I priced a ride in my buddies limo and he wants $135 or more each way! Fuck that!

Parking is from $38 to $48 USD per week plus $8.25 to $9.50 per additional day. I'm planning on an 11 day trip so preferred longterm parking will cost me $86 USD plus tax. not much more than the airbus and no hastle for my friends/family. I'll probably park.

Ram
01-08-2005, 10:27 PM

Hey Apostropheman,

I'm planning on driving to Grimsby, where friends have a business, having my buddy go with me to the pickup point for Niagara airbus. He will then take my car back to his store and his wife will drive it home. Repeat in reverse for the return or have them or a relative pick me up if it is too late. Barring that I'm considering parking at the airport as the airbus is $100 return. I priced a ride in my buddies limo and he wants $135 or more each way! Fuck that!

Parking is from $38 to $48 USD per week plus $8.25 to $9.50 per additional day. I'm planning on an 11 day trip so preferred longterm parking will cost me $86 USD plus tax. not much more than the airbus and no hastle for my friends/family. I'll probably park.

I guess it might be cheaper for me to just to fly out of Pearson, I live 10 minutes away, my cab rid is less than 20 bucks to the airport. Or are the savings flying out of Buffalo worth it?

Apos
01-08-2005, 10:57 PM

Hey Apostropheman,

I guess it might be cheaper for me to just to fly out of Pearson, I live 10 minutes away, my cab rid is less than 20 bucks to the airport. Or are the savings flying out of Buffalo worth it?

I want to fly on Friday the 13th of May and return Monday the 23rd, 11 days. I can fly continental out of Buffaloto Santiago for $451 CAD all in. The best I can do From YYZ is Saturday to Sabado landing in POP for $677.66 CAD. The limo to Pearson cost me $45 each way plus tip. I could have done the taxi for about $25 each way ( I'm at Yonge and Eglinton) but prefer a town car. The ride drom Santiago to Sosua is about $50 USD and the ride to Buffalo or parking is about $100 CAD.

I'll save about $226 CAD on the flight but incur the travel cost to and from Santiago of about $100 USD or $120 CAD total, for an net savings of $100 CAD but I also get 3 or 4 FULL days more! That is why I'll fly from Buffalo, for the extra time in paradise.

We found a better price for your selected flights! The price decreased from C$447.63 to C$440.39
Total price for this trip: C$440.39
1 Review the flight details
Fri 13 May 2005
Buffalo (BUF)
Depart 6:30 am to Newark (EWR)
Arrive 7:41 am
Terminal C
470 km
(292 mile(s))
Duration: 1hr 11min
Continental
Flight: 3241
Operated by: EXPRESSJET AIRLINES INC DBA CO EXPRESS
Economy/Coach Class, Embraer EMB-145
Newark (EWR)
Depart 8:55 am
Terminal C to Santiago (STI)
Arrive 12:45 pm
2382 km
(1480 mile(s))
Duration: 3hr 50min
Continental
Flight: 851
Economy/Coach Class, Breakfast, Boeing 737-800
Total distance: 2852 km (1772 mile(s))
Total duration: 5hr 1min (5hr 15min with connections)
Mon 23 May 2005
Santiago (STI)
Depart 1:45 pm to Newark (EWR)
Arrive 5:44 pm
Terminal C
2382 km
(1480 mile(s))
Duration: 3hr 59min
Continental
Flight: 850
Economy/Coach Class, Lunch, Boeing 737-800
Newark (EWR)
Depart 8:35 pm
Terminal C to Buffalo (BUF)
Arrive 9:54 pm
470 km
(292 mile(s))
Duration: 1hr 19min
Continental
Flight: 2957
Operated by: EXPRESSJET AIRLINES INC DBA CO EXPRESS
Economy/Coach Class, Embraer EMB-145
Total distance: 2852 km (1772 mile(s))
Total duration: 5hr 18min (9hr 9min with connections)
Tip: Flight terminals may change. Please confirm the terminal with the airline before leaving for the airport.

Ram
01-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Apostropheman,

Yah, the extra days are more important than anything! Thanks for the detailed info, this gives me ideas for more options than I had before!!

Just for info, I am at Islington and Bloor.
Hope to meet you in the DR one day.