PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Happiest Country on Earth

shredder
07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Here's a link. Costa Rica is judged #1 and DR is #2.
http://green.yahoo.com/news/afp/20090704/lf_afp/environmentcostarica.html

TropicBob
07-06-2009, 11:22 AM
In the DR, TropicBob is the happiest I've ever been! I looking forward to returning soon...

ElPlomero
07-06-2009, 11:25 AM
In the DR, TropicBob is the happiest I've ever been! I looking forward to returning soon...

Colombia didn't win you over?

TropicBob
07-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Colombia didn't win you over?

Sorry, no it didn't. Just felt like I was in a cheap version of NYC - didn't like taxing everywhere, and prefer a central party atmosphere...just IMHO.... and missed the beach...though I did find a young Michelle Obama look-alike on my last day that had a great time with. Take THAT Barrack!

Kevy
07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry, no it didn't. Just felt like I was in a cheap version of NYC - didn't like taxing everywhere, and prefer a central party atmosphere...just IMHO.... and missed the beach...though I did find a young Michelle Obama look-alike on my last day that had a great time with. Take THAT Barrack!

No reason to apologize, it is not for everyone.

ElPlomero
07-06-2009, 12:09 PM

You certainly don't have to apologize to me, Bob. I fully understand your point of view because if I could find paisitas in Sosua, I think that's where I'd go.

The only thing I prefer about Medellin, other than the Paisitas of course, is the temperate climate all throughout the year. I can't say I like the heat in The DR during the summer months.

I will say, however, I think Jimmy and I did reasonably well generating a party atmosphere for us all while we were there together.

Considering the length of the post herein regarding my swimmming habits, I will refrain from commenting on that part of your answer as to reduce the prospect of a reoccurance.

I do regret, however, that since it seems that I will be going there and you will not, we will have less of an opportunity to spend time together.

Hopefully I'll see you at EricS's though.

TropicBob
07-06-2009, 12:20 PM
You certainly don't have to apologize to me, Bob. I fully understand your point of view because if I could find paisitas in Sosua, I think that's where I'd go.

The only thing I prefer about Medellin, other than the Paisitas of course, is the temperate climate all throughout the year. I can't say I like the heat in The DR during the summer months.

I will say, however, I think Jimmy and I did reasonably well generating a party atmosphere for us all while we were there together.

Considering the length of the post herein regarding my swimmming habits, I will refrain from commenting on that part of your answer as to reduce the prospect of a reoccurance.

I do regret, however, that since it seems that I will be going there and you will not, we will have less of an opportunity to spend time together.

Hopefully I'll see you at EricS's though.

WITHOUT QUESTION, you and your boys know how to put on a party! Thanks for the round-ups and the hospitality...especially the well-documented lesbo show!

Unfortunately or fortunately, I have an ex-GFE visiting me this weekend (she's a Halle Berry look-alike...what is it with these look alikes?), so I have deferred the decision whether or not to attend the annual ISOC BBQ to the "little head"...you know the vote.

Safe travels...

ElPlomero
07-06-2009, 12:23 PM
WITHOUT QUESTION, you and your boys know how to put on a party! Thanks for the round-ups and the hospitality...especially the well-documented lesbo show!

Unfortunately or fortunately, I have an ex-GFE visiting me this weekend (she's a Halle Berry look-alike...what is it with these look alikes?), so I have deferred the decision whether or not to attend the annual ISOC BBQ to the "little head"...you know the vote.

Safe travels...

Shit... Sorry to hear that. Oh well, someone else will have to win the Hawaiian T-Shirt contest, then.

yourmomma999
07-07-2009, 04:39 AM
I propose it has a little to do with the rate of their money vs the dollar/euro and the beaches and clean air fresh food and seafood and vegetable and low cost of living, but we all know the real reason for those #1 and #2 spots. I mean the Cayman Islands have nice beaches and fresh seafood but a pina colada is $15 and the girls are missing.

yayow
07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
you can certainly keep those $15 pina colada, and as far as the lack of chicas are concerned......well what can I say.