PDA

View Full Version : Water bottlers still open

NewsWhore
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Water bottling plants that were supposed to have been closed by the Public Health authorities continued operating yesterday, while others that were required to comply with some regulations said they were working hard to fulfill them.
Yosmar Rossi, administrator of the Agua Genuina plant that was closed by Public Health inspectors on Monday, denied that her bottling plant was affected by the measure, saying that "they asked me for some records, they gave me 15 days and I already began the process."
The Ozama water bottling plant is in the same situation. Employees said that officials had visited just to demand compliance with some quality standards and, just like the others, they are in the process of complying with them. "We haven't been closed, we are working and we are going to fulfill the requirements. We were asked to place a curtain and to keep the place clean. We were also asked to file some forms and my brother is already getting them," said a young woman at the Eliany water plant who did not reveal her name.
When consulted, regular clients of these bottling plants like Ms. Josefina Agramonte, who told Diario Libre reporters that they had never become sick despite using the water for a long time, even for cooking purposes. Most of the bottling facilities were "closed" because of their failure to register with the Public Health Ministry. Most of the owners claimed ignorance of the requirement to possess registration certificates and post them in a visible spot on the premises.
In the cases of Agua Aracena on Jacobo Majluta Ave., Agua Brisel, Astral, Rey Mon, Estevez and others, they were warned that large-volume, wholesale distribution is prohibited by a Ministry of Industry and Commerce resolution. Of a total of 11 bottling plants indicated as closed by Public Health, all were operating normally and their owners claim that they were only asked to comply with some requisites, which they are now doing.
Reporters also found that others were ordered to install laboratories, new filters and incubators that were missing, as occurred at Agua Panda, Isis and others. These have now begun to install the new equipment. At the same time, the president of the Dominican Association of Pure Water Distributors (Adeagua), David Toribio, called on Public Health to exercise greater controls on distributors in barrios and small towns, which on the whole operate with few or no controls. Some of the other closed bottling plants are Agua Boca Chica, Rafa, Bendicion, El Arroyo, Andina, Elohim, Bendita, Primavera, Dulce, Alli, De Unidad, Grissan, Relampago, Belen, Alli e Alli, Bethania, Isabel, Toni Ocean, Nazaret, Roanny, Su Agua, Pan de Vida, Delicia, Unidad, Cofresi, 1-A, Clase A, Arroyo Hondo, Karla, Delicius, Renacer, Valentina, Amelia, Tia Tatiana, Meta, Adu, Mari Sanchez, Tayler, Andy, Renacer Comun Biblico, Proyecto Comunitario, Biblica Cristiana and Bendicion.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#11)