PDA

View Full Version : 07/2009 - New Sosua Bar - Kaka Kaka Bar

NJ_Hobby
07-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Some of us know Steve - who is frequently seen by the NG pool - with the beads in his hair. He's just opened up a new bar in Sosua.

There was a grand opening last week. Street closed, two live bands, BBQ. Some pics are attached.

Name: Kaka Kaka Bar

Location: Walking from Clasicos toward the beach, turn right at the street by Happy Bar and it's the next bar down.

Staff: Dominican partner "Teddy" - Artist and bar host/manager. Chica waitresses, entertainment. Steve is the owner.

Prices: "Dominican Prices" - Presidente, Brahma, Bohemia - 60 pesos (small), 90 pesos (grande)

Food: Just popcorn right now (20 pesos). Occasional BBQs.

Music: Blend of Dominican and American music. DJ/Band for special events.

Crowd: Dominicans, Tourists

Chicas: Working. Dancing. Can be salida'd

Future Plans: Bar opened July 4th and is just getting started. Some of the future plans include: Dancing pole (coming down Thursday), VIP room, dancing girls outside, more BBQs, chica dancing contests, bikini chicas, etc. This is why I placed this thread in this category and not in Regular Clubs.

Feel free to comment on the thread or stop by when in Sosua.

-NJH

joeysterr
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Ooooh I was there last week watching the bands from PJ restaurant!! And the day before I remember seeing the "Kaka Kaka Bar" billboard/sign on the floor in the bar.

I was wondering what was the party about. I thought maybe some american/dominican 4th of July block party. The band was awesome!! I only stayed for like half hour tho. I did danced with one of the waitress from PJ in the middle of the street!!:corky:

Thanks NJ sounds cool!!

joeysterr
07-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Bloody hell!!:eek: I just realized..it means you were there too NJ! We should have hanged out!:mad:

NJ_Hobby
07-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Thnx !!! I wasn't there - the pics were Emailed to me. I was at the beach with Steve (the owner) up here in the States yesterday. But I plan to visit when I can get down there again. :)

Bloody hell!!:eek: I just realized..it means you were there too NJ! We should have hanged out!:mad:

carolinajack
07-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Steve - is the old guy with the braids and has the tatoo on his ass..as shown on this site?

He has a bar?...LMAO...definitely stopping by for a drink or two.

NJ_Hobby
07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Yes, that's him. So expect a bizarre ride !! Since the BBQ got canceled yesterday, I had some time and I went out to see him and hit the beach.

Steve - is the old guy with the braids and has the tatoo on his ass..as shown on this site?

He has a bar?...LMAO...definitely stopping by for a drink or two.

Hoseman
07-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I hope he does not show off his Tats Piercings what ever was shown on here. I have no desire to see them again.

WickedWillie
07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
Forgive my ignorance as my Spanish skills are not the best, but I've always been told that Kaka is slang for "shit".

If thats the case why would you call a bar the Shit Shit Bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yayow
07-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Forgive my ignorance as my Spanish skills are not the best, but I've always been told that Kaka is slang for "shit".

The owner a guy that has a prominent tattoo on his ass that he will display at the drop of a hat, ...... and you need to ask????:rofl::p

weyland
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
The owner a guy that has a prominent tattoo on his ass that he will display at the drop of a hat
Obviously in the same fraternity as ErikS!

TropicBob
07-13-2009, 01:03 PM
If it is the same Steve I met, the bar should have been called "Fuck you, cocksucker Bar"

sicpup71
07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, that's him. So expect a bizarre ride !! Since the BBQ got canceled yesterday, I had some time and I went out to see him and hit the beach.

did u go to his store up here??NICE PURPLE BUILDING.LOL

sicpup71
07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
some might know him as snake too

NJ_Hobby
07-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Yes, that's him ......

-NJH

If it is the same Steve I met, the bar should have been called "Fuck you, cocksucker Bar"

NJ_Hobby
07-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Yes, the 2 antique stores - plus the ummm .... "other one" ...

-NJH

did u go to his store up here??NICE PURPLE BUILDING.LOL

KoKi9290
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Whilke the significance of Kaka Kaka may seem obvious, it is part of a language that only Steve and his putas speak in lieu of Spanish, Unfortunately, those of us who have heard Steve screaming at his chicas in this dialect cannot erase the memory. More amazing is that he actually communicates with them.

Kennilingus
07-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Glad to know it's his bar ... I've met the guy :rolleyes: ... it really was unavoidable!

I'd hate to think I supported him with even 1 peso ... Thanks for the heads up!

gmalet
07-14-2009, 01:20 PM
I actually have a great time with Steve. Don't take him too seriously. Hey when I'm his age I want to be doing the same thing he's doing. Enjoying life, no worries and fucking whores.

davemaryland
07-14-2009, 05:40 PM
I actually have a great time with Steve. Don't take him too seriously. Hey when I'm his age I want to be doing the same thing he's doing. Enjoying life, no worries and fucking whores.

I have a good time with Steve. He does enjoy life in his own way. When I was down in April, he met with a lawyer at the pool. Will have to check out the place in November.

KoKi9290
08-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Just got back from six days in Sosua and took some pix of Kaka Kaka Bar. Pretty empty aside from bartender and 1-2 chicas during day.

KoKi9290
08-01-2009, 10:34 PM
At night, there are 4-5 chicas with a 500P salida. Steve and Teddy are actively recruiting chicas and the quality went up over the week I was there. I helped Steve hire one, Alexandra, that he encountered by Herman's on the beach. They are still finishing the back room which is private with a dance pole in the middle. I has potential so give it some time and check it out when you're down there.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
08-06-2009, 11:38 PM

Spanish for "doo-doo" or "poo-poo" is "ca-ca", not KaKa; sorry for the confusiion, I know it sounds the same. But a different meaning all together. The Brazilian footballer, Kaka is not ridiculed for his name, I think.

gmalet
08-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Hung out with Steve all last week.

The pole finally installed. Still some finishing touches.
He also told me he is going to have a massage room and a swing.
I have to tell you the Bar is in a bad location. Just next to the Happy Bar. The Pharmacy across the street. He has been getting some Germans.
He also stated he is getting Derrick from the beach to move his Big Ass grill to his Bar and do daily Barbeque.
Not much action. I hope he does well but I'm not sure if its gonna make it. In Sosua Classicos, Latinos, Passions and pussy are the only things that remain constant.

Mr. Smooth
08-08-2009, 03:31 PM
I'll be there in just under 2 weeks. I actually like the location as it is a nice alternative to the main drag atmosphere and I have visited the Happy Bar several times. Cold Presidentes, a few sexy chicas wandering about, and now bbq? Hey, sign me up!! Add another stop to the Sosua bar crawls.

Jimbo44
08-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Guess where Steve/Snake was yesterday??

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef8d61999e.jpg

Jimbo44
08-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Well hanging out with yours truly and mi novia at Gilgo Beach, Long island and a few other friends of mine. We took our boats over and BBQ'd, drank, and partied.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef8d5ee02d.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef8d657992.jpg

Jimbo44
08-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Steve takes this over to the beaches from tghe main land...
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef8d6761bd.jpg

Jimbo44
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
And I take this over....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef8d694600.jpg

Jimbo44
08-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Anyway, Steve had a message for y'all...

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef8d638d80.jpg

Jimbo44
08-09-2009, 09:14 PM
It was a scenic ride back to the dock!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef910ad1da.jpg

NJ_Hobby
08-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Jimbo - Wish I had made the drive out to Gilgo again !! Anyway, nice chatting with you on the phone ...

-NJH

bpl0116
08-10-2009, 01:56 AM
WOW IM IN BABYLON...I HAVE PASS TO GILGO..

Jimbo44
08-10-2009, 10:33 PM
I should be going again this wknd, not sure whic day. as some other friend out in Oakdale wants to take hos boat to Shelter Island, but not sure if i am in the mood for the trip, as he wants to go via ocean and not in the mood for snotty water if the winds kick up.

Hemp
08-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Hey Moshy this place has the potential as one of our stops on the nightly bar hop adventures!

NJ_Hobby
09-15-2009, 10:41 PM
I took a few pics when I was there ....

-NJH

mikelodge
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM

-NJH

Check out that dude in the chair behind the woman on the swing with the died hair. Stylin Dude now I know how to dress with the nice sandals and outfit. Reminds me of that movie Ice Man only like after many years of being thawed out and eating fried Dominican food. Couple of nice looking ladies there though. Maybe Derrricks BBQ is the answer to this guy.

Citynights
09-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Anyway, Steve had a message for y'all...

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524a7ef8d638d80.jpg)

Jimbo I knew you were going to pull that ass picture....remember when he was getting the chicas to kiss his ass at the pool....:rofl:

Mr. Smooth
09-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Check out that dude in the chair behind the woman on the swing with the died hair. Stylin Dude now I know how to dress with the nice sandals and outfit. Reminds me of that movie Ice Man only like after many years of being thawed out and eating fried Dominican food. Couple of nice looking ladies there though. Maybe Derrricks BBQ is the answer to this guy.
Damn, that dude looks like the character actor, Harry Dean Stanton! Wow, I didn't know he was still alive. Seems there are a couple new ladies there who weren't there last month. I think the Kaka Kaka will be up to speed pretty quick.

yayow
09-16-2009, 05:27 AM
I think the Kaka Kaka will be up to speed pretty quick.

Of course time will tell (and I wish them luck), but when I was last in Sosua, not much was happening there. No atmosphere about the place at all. It doesn't help much that it is right next door to the Happy Bar, most of the ones that drink in that area are already Happy Bar devotees. I consider myself one of those, when I drink in that area, I tend to go to the Happy Bar, good music, fun chicas, and cold beer. Just from what I read in this thread, I don't see any reason to change my spot.

When I lived in town, I would try new places, but now that I am a short timer when I go there, I will probably more likely stick to the tried and true, unless I see a reason to try something different. To be totally honest, I don't see that reason here.

As far as Big D is concerned (possible getting involved here); I get the feeling he is looking to keep his food totally legit, so families and such will feel comfortable eating his food, don't think he wants to be associated with a place that feature chicas in any way. Just my impression.

mikelodge
09-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Of course time will tell (and I wish them luck), but when I was last in Sosua, not much was happening there. No atmosphere about the place at all. It doesn't help much that it is right next door to the Happy Bar, most of the ones that drink in that area are already Happy Bar devotees. I consider myself one of those, when I drink in that area, I tend to go to the Happy Bar, good music, fun chicas, and cold beer. Just from what I read in this thread, I don't see any reason to change my spot.

When I lived in town, I would try new places, but now that I am a short timer when I go there, I will probably more likely stick to the tried and true, unless I see a reason to try something different. To be totally honest, I don't see that reason here.

As far as Big D is concerned (possible getting involved here); I get the feeling he is looking to keep his food totally legit, so families and such will feel comfortable eating his food, don't think he wants to be associated with a place that feature chicas in any way. Just my impression.

Perhaps they need a new Beertender

http://thumbp2.mail.vip.gq1.yahoo.com/tn?sid=1618372720&mid=AGTsjkQAAUXgSpql%2fwlh5im6Y0k&midoffset=1%5f4364%5f2%5f14516%5f0&partid=2.2&f=579&fid=Sent&res=88x88&appid=vespaui (http://us.mc579.mail.yahoo.com/y5/s/viewphoto;_ylc=X3oDMTR1aTlscG9uBEFjdGlvbgNUaHVtYm5haWwgY2xpY2tlZARJbnRsA3VzBExua1R5cANSZWd1bGFyBFBhcnRUeXBlA1lhaG9vIQRSZXNQb3NBAzAEUmVzUG9zUgMEU3JjaEN1cnIDcGhvdG8EU3JjaERlc3QDcGhvdG8EX1F1ZXJ5SWQDMTYxODM3MjcyMDRhYjExMGExNjRlODIEX1MDMTUwNTAwNzU2?show=largephoto&folderid=%40S%40Search&mid=1_4364_2_14516_0_AGTsjkQAAUXgSpql/wlh5im6Y0k&partid=2.2&name=1.1253992483&size=40960&search=1&fsize=57)

Tiger
09-16-2009, 12:29 PM

-NJH

Thanks for the update. I will check it out.

NJ_Hobby
09-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Maybe Derrricks BBQ is the answer to this guy.
Spoke with Derrick on the beach and he told me he's continuing to talk with Steve about a possible wings or ribs thing once in a while in the future.

-NJH

Mr. Smooth
09-17-2009, 04:06 AM

I agree with you about the Happy Bar. While not an every night watering hole for me when I'm down, I probably stop in during the afternoon 2-3 times and at night 3-4 times during a 8 day trip. I like the atmosphere there and the chica bartenders are not only gorgeous, but actually speak a bit of english and have engaging personalities. The Kaka just needs time to put itself on the map. I stopped in a couple times last month, usually 15 minutes or so, drank one beer and chatted with one of the girls in there. I hope it survives through low season and becomes a regular stop for all the guys who want a new place to chill. Mo bars, mo betta me thinks.

WickedWillie
09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
I noticed this week that they are advertising a new massage room...with AC!!

Anyone tried it yet or know what is available???

SrSuerte
09-17-2009, 01:30 PM
That is why I keep coming back to this thread. I am waiting to here anyone say they have done more than just drink there. I know someone has to before we all get there at the end of the year.

Mr. Smooth
09-17-2009, 03:19 PM
I noticed this week that they are advertising a new massage room...with AC!!

Anyone tried it yet or know what is available???
The first time I stopped in, I spoke with one of the owners, an older fellow with long hair in braids. Forgot his name. He took me in the back to show me the private room. He said they had just installed the ac unit and you could take any of the girls working the bar in there for 1 hour and do whatever. I believe he said the fee was 2000 pesos.

I tried a massage from a Haitian girl who sits outside on the sidewalk in front of those little shacks that do laundry, haircuts etc. A half hour ran me 350 pesos and with a happy ending would have been double. Plus the bed was a bit rickety, thought I might break the damn thing when turning over and there was only a fan. Needless to say, I was hot as hell, sweat dripping everywhere. What the Kaka is offering, clean comfortable surroundings, air conditioning, an attractive lady to enjoy, and you can bring along your beer, its like an expensive st at your hotel room. Worth a try if you are so inclined. Or, as the Thai girls like to say, "Same same but different!"

sosuaman
09-17-2009, 03:26 PM
will try the place when I am there in October
as long as they have smokin bartenders - the place should do OK
not too many bars can last in Sosua AND be successful (profitable)......

WickedWillie
09-17-2009, 05:28 PM
The first time I stopped in, I spoke with one of the owners, an older fellow with long hair in braids. Forgot his name. He took me in the back to show me the private room. He said they had just installed the ac unit and you could take any of the girls working the bar in there for 1 hour and do whatever. I believe he said the fee was 2000 pesos.

I tried a massage from a Haitian girl who sits outside on the sidewalk in front of those little shacks that do laundry, haircuts etc. A half hour ran me 350 pesos and with a happy ending would have been double. Plus the bed was a bit rickety, thought I might break the damn thing when turning over and there was only a fan. Needless to say, I was hot as hell, sweat dripping everywhere. What the Kaka is offering, clean comfortable surroundings, air conditioning, an attractive lady to enjoy, and you can bring along your beer, its like an expensive st at your hotel room. Worth a try if you are so inclined. Or, as the Thai girls like to say, "Same same but different!"

I think he just priced himself out of the market!!!

riclagriclag
09-18-2009, 12:52 AM
I remember Steve he brought many laughs the last time I was at El flows sippin Presidentes with him and my brother Mark. His famous line I remember was "THEY ARE ALL WHOWAS "he had that great New York/New Jersey accent. And on many occasions he would see us with a chica he would say ."WHERE YOU GOIN WITH MY WIVES". Great guy !! Hot Shit!! Wish you much success.
Excuse my spellin!!

Rick - Mass

vagabond
09-18-2009, 04:17 AM
will try the place when I am there in October
as long as they have smokin bartenders - the place should do OK
not too many bars can last in Sosua AND be successful (profitable)......

The girls working there is nothing special in my opinion. Just walked by, but the two who has been sitting there isn't very temting.

yayow
09-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Again the key to any successful bar, especially in a place like Sosua where you have so many options available is to have smoking ladies there, whether they be bartenders or just hanging around.

If I pass a bar anywhere in the world and I see 1. either smoking ladies inside the place or waiting to get in or going in the place or 2. smoking ladies working in the place. I will stop in and give the place a try. The few times I stopped by I wasn't particularly impressed with the female talent on display, so I haven't stopped in. For the most part like I said earlier, for me to go in there and give it a try, I would have to be intrigued by the females I see as I stroll by.

Absent that why would I even venture in, I can have a beer anyplace.

DCIronman
09-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Again the key to any successful bar, especially in a place like Sosua where you have so many options available is to have smoking ladies there, whether they be bartenders or just hanging around.

If I pass a bar anywhere in the world and I see 1. either smoking ladies inside the place or waiting to get in or going in the place or 2. smoking ladies working in the place. I will stop in and give the place a try. The few times I stopped by I wasn't particularly impressed with the female talent on display, so I haven't stopped in. For the most part like I said earlier, for me to go in there and give it a try, I would have to be intrigued by the females I see as I stroll by.

I echo this sentiment.

Walked by there at least 5 or 6 times last month and decided, after peeking in, not to stay and have a brew. He needs to work on his "staff". With so much scattered ass all over Sosua, you gotta have something that stands out in order to garner attention.

Jimmydr
09-18-2009, 06:48 PM

The Bolgna & baily's, been around for years and they always have chicas that are slightly above average working there!:iconTU:

riclagriclag
09-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Hey Jimmydr: (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/Hey%20Jimmydr:%20Which%20reminds%20me%20anybody%20been%20with%20the%20chica%20at%20baileys,don%27t%20%20know)

Which reminds me anybody been with the chica at baileys,don't know (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/Hey%20Jimmydr:%20Which%20reminds%20me%20anybody%20been%20with%20the%20chica%20at%20baileys,don%27t%20%20know)her name ,I don't know how else to describe her other then she has protruding front teeth. short and light skin. and she walks around behind the bar like her thong underware is stuck up her asshole. SHE's fuckin hot. I would go there for breakfast and she would parade around like a peakcock. She got a kid and she works a second job. I was there in March (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/her%20name%20,I%20don%27t%20know%20how%20else%20to%20describe%20her%20other%20then%20she%20has%20protruding%20front%20teeth.%20short%20and%20light%20skin.%20and%20she%20walks%20around%20%20behind%20the%20bar%20like%20her%20thong%20underware%20is%20stuck%20up%20her%20asshole.%20%20SHE%27s%20fuckin%20hot.%20I%20would%20go%20there%20for%20breakfast%20and%20she%20would%20parade%20around%20like%20a%20peakcock.%20She%20got%20a%20kid%20and%20she%20works%20a%20second%20job.%20I%20was%20there%20in%20March)

Excuse my spellin

Rick-Mass

Jimmydr
09-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey Jimmydr: (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/Hey%20Jimmydr:%20Which%20reminds%20me%20anybody%20been%20with%20the%20chica%20at%20baileys,don%27t%20%20know)

Which reminds me anybody been with the chica at baileys,don't know (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/Hey%20Jimmydr:%20Which%20reminds%20me%20anybody%20been%20with%20the%20chica%20at%20baileys,don%27t%20%20know)her name ,I don't know how else to describe her other then she has protruding front teeth. short and light skin. and she walks around behind the bar like her thong underware is stuck up her asshole. SHE's fuckin hot. I would go there for breakfast and she would parade around like a peakcock. She got a kid and she works a second job. I was there in March (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/her%20name%20,I%20don%27t%20know%20how%20else%20to%20describe%20her%20other%20then%20she%20has%20protruding%20front%20teeth.%20short%20and%20light%20skin.%20and%20she%20walks%20around%20%20behind%20the%20bar%20like%20her%20thong%20underware%20is%20stuck%20up%20her%20asshole.%20%20SHE%27s%20fuckin%20hot.%20I%20would%20go%20there%20for%20breakfast%20and%20she%20would%20parade%20around%20like%20a%20peakcock.%20She%20got%20a%20kid%20and%20she%20works%20a%20second%20job.%20I%20was%20there%20in%20March)

Excuse my spellin

Rick-Mass

Okay which one has the kid, I give up?

mikelodge
10-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Spoke with Derrick on the beach and he told me he's continuing to talk with Steve about a possible wings or ribs thing once in a while in the future.

-NJH

What's new with the Kaka Bar? I hear you will be down NJ for Freak Night is Kaka in the mix?:biggrin:

Jimbo44
10-16-2009, 03:44 PM

Excuse my spellin

Rick-Mass

Is this her?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524ad4dbfe5d5a3.jpg

SeaWeed
10-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I went by this place more than a dozen times last month because of this thread and there was nobody ever in the place nor the Happy Bar next door........

the only places that were ever really busy were EFlows, Central Bar and Latino's.........the bar next to EFlows wasn't too bad either.......if you didn't go to EFlows, the bar next door, Central or Latino's then you were drinking by yourself.....or I should say with the bartender(s)........Central is for the Germans but I pass for German......lol......Sosua not the place to own a bar mi think

I liked the Shark Bar when I went there but there was only one other monger in the place one evening and no chicas except for the bartender.....the beers were 100 Pesos and the Beers are only 60 Pesos at EFlows.......good thing about the Shark Bar are all the TV's with all the American sports on there........

Jimmydr
10-16-2009, 07:28 PM
I went by this place more than a dozen times last month because of this thread and there was nobody ever in the place nor the Happy Bar next door........

the only places that were ever really busy were EFlows, Central Bar and Latino's.........the bar next to EFlows wasn't too bad either.......if you didn't go to EFlows, the bar next door, Central or Latino's then you were drinking by yourself.....or I should say with the bartender(s)........Central is for the Germans but I pass for German......lol......Sosua not the place to own a bar mi think

I liked the Shark Bar when I went there but there was only one other monger in the place one evening and no chicas except for the bartender.....the beers were 100 Pesos and the Beers are only 60 Pesos at EFlows.......good thing about the Shark Bar are all the TV's with all the American sports on there........

There was never enough people to fill all the bars and clubs.:eek:

yayow
10-17-2009, 12:17 PM
A place like the Kaka Bar needs to get it's niche without it, I don't know how much longer it will last. The places that seem to last have their niche and their loyal customers, even the smaller ones. Take a place like Cuba Libre, has it's own little niche of guys some local and other visitors that come down have a few drinks and move on, now he did much better when he had a real nice crew of chicas, there, but I have always felt that Fred's place was more for Fred than anything else, just a place for him to hang out with some friends, and get his freak on. If you are going to be in Sosua with so many different options, I think that is the best attitude to have.

riclagriclag
10-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Is this her?

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524ad4dbfe5d5a3.jpg)

No! She had kinda long light brown hair.

Tiger
10-23-2009, 08:50 AM
I went by this bar many times each day last week and never saw anyone there. Both day nand night. Maybe one chica. Not much at happy bar either.

NJ_Hobby
10-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Just talked with Steve (Snake) down there. He says that the Kaka Kaka Bar is going in a bit of a new direction. Food will be available (other than the popcorn of course ...) I don't know how elaborate the food choices will be - probably simple at first. Willy from NG will be doing the cooking. I'll have to check it out when I'm down there.

-NJH

Jimbo44
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Willie, wow...... I suggested this to Snake a few weeks ago! Hope all works out for him, cause Willie was a good cook. Now if Snake can just get his business sense together?

NJ_Hobby
11-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Stopped at the Kaka Kaka Bar a few times when I was over that way. Willi was cooking up everything from simple chicken sandwiches to fancy lobster and spaghetti dinners. Nice place to make a quick stop - or sit down for a meal.

-NJH

Jimbo44
11-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Ah, glad to hear that, I shall have to swing on by for sure. How were the prices??

NJ_Hobby
11-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't exactly remember. Looking back at my initial post, I believe Steve told me: [ Presidente, Brahma, Bohemia - 60 pesos (small), 90 pesos (grande) ]. I took 2 chicas there for a basic dinner and I think it was around 610 pesos for the 3 of us (~ $17) - dinner and Presidentes/sodas, I think. Fairly competitive/inepxensive, I think. I remember he wanted to keep things at "Dominican Prices" as much as possible. The usual Dominican music (I asked Willi to put on some Aventura) and 1 or 2 onsite chicas/waitresses...

Ah, glad to hear that, I shall have to swing on by for sure. How were the prices??

Jimbo44
11-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Sounds great, I will look forward to stopping by, and eating as well. I know i cn count on illie as a cook!!

Apos
05-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Seems the bar has moved to the bottom of the road to the beach...weird choice, no?

NJ_Hobby
05-27-2010, 12:37 PM
No se amigo ... Nosotros vamos para halla pronto, OK ??

Seems the bar has moved to the bottom of the road to the beach...weird choice, no?

Jimbo44
05-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I guess, but he is also selling trinkets etc out of it!!! I was at his house up here on LI on the water, You should see how much stuff he collects from the far east!!!!

KoKi9290
05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
He's also selling kitchen appliances out of there. But try the grilled chicken wings, they're pretty good.

mikelodge
05-27-2010, 03:34 PM

Perhaps he would do better selling Pronto Pups :rofl:

Picture drunk guys buying them after a nice looking Puta dipped it in. :rofl:

I need to go to the Lake I am going nuts.

MisterPink
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM

I never got my Kaka Kaka Teesher' with the Pollo on it, does he have any XL left? TFCM

snoozer
05-27-2010, 07:24 PM
I saw it the other day, I too thought it was a strange location regardless of what you are selling. I thought one sign said they were selling used restaurant and bar equipment there.

NJ_Hobby
05-27-2010, 11:09 PM
If I see Steve, I'll ask him !!

-NJH

I never got my Kaka Kaka Teesher' with the Pollo on it, does he have any XL left? TFCM

Jimbo44
05-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I'd say it probably is a good spot to sell the used kitchen stuff, after all it is on the way to the beach, and I bet there are plenty of kitchens along the way that could use a face lift!!! In fact, I know there are. I usually take a walk inside a new place i have not tried yet at the beach places!!

snoozer
05-28-2010, 04:01 AM
I'd say it probably is a good spot to sell the used kitchen stuff, after all it is on the way to the beach, and I bet there are plenty of kitchens along the way that could use a face lift!!! In fact, I know there are. I usually take a walk inside a new place i have not tried yet at the beach places!!

A quick look inside a lot of kitchens in the DR would make you think twice about eatiing there.