PDA

View Full Version : Dad with son needs help!

emoyeni7
01-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Since this is my first post and gonna be my first visit to D.R. I know I need help. I am going to be in B.C. with my 13 year old son. We need to stay at a place that is 1 to 2 rooms, safe, clean, has pool, TV with lots of channels (he is mildly autistic and loves TV) and close to the beach. Those are his needs. Dad has a few, chicas.....So where would I find a good place for both of us? Any help woulld be great.

Jimmydr
01-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Whats the plan, leave the kid in the room alone or bring his new mommy over? I am confused?

emoyeni7
01-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I do not blame you for being confused. I am. I had thought that the owners of whatever good place I stayed would be able to recomend someone to watch him watch TV or babysit while he sleeps. Is this ok? I mean am I not being realistic? I hope this clears it up. Thanks

milone
01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I see your dilemma. Just go to an all-inclusive, and make some baby-sitting arrangements. Have a cell phone if you need to be contacted. Lie to your kid. You can't go to the D.R., or B.C., and not mess around. If you do, you'll regret it. Ask the people at the hotel. I'm sure they'll have someone to watch him while you play. They'll be happy with the opportunity to make some cash.

Jimmydr
01-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I do not blame you for being confused. I am. I had thought that the owners of whatever good place I stayed would be able to recomend someone to watch him watch TV or babysit while he sleeps. Is this ok? I mean am I not being realistic? I hope this clears it up. Thanks

I know in Sosua, Caberete, you can get someone to watch him cheap.
This is realistic.

Jimmydr
01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I see your dilemma. Just go to an all-inclusive, and make some baby-sitting arrangements. Have a cell phone if you need to be contacted. Lie to your kid. You can't go to the D.R., or B.C., and not mess around. If you do, you'll regret it. Ask the people at the hotel. I'm sure they'll have someone to watch him while you play. They'll be happy with the opportunity to make some cash.

Tell him you are playing golf everyday.

continentalmike
01-11-2005, 01:46 PM

Good solution... take it! Rent a st room for your activities

emoyeni7
01-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Hey, thanks for the advice so far. I know it is kind of a different situation. I really do thank you guys. Should I rent at El Candil or a place like that? I really cannot afford a all-inclusive. Budget calls for 100.00-150.00 per day. Let me know

Jimmydr
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey, thanks for the advice so far. I know it is kind of a different situation. I really do thank you guys. Should I rent at El Candil or a place like that? I really cannot afford a all-inclusive. Budget calls for 100.00-150.00 per day. Let me know

Why Boca Chica in the South and not the North coast?

emoyeni7
01-11-2005, 02:34 PM
I liked the south because it is supposed to have better snorkling for my son and I. Since we are gonna be there at least 14 days I am open to suggestions.... thanks

Jimmydr
01-11-2005, 02:47 PM
I liked the south because it is supposed to have better snorkling for my son and I. Since we are gonna be there at least 14 days I am open to suggestions.... thanks

I would suggest going to Jarrabaccoa as well, rafting, mountain climbing, horseback riding, etc, etc

emoyeni7
01-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey, thanks for the info. I really thank you for the info on things to do. It is going to be a challenge but, I think with the right attitude we will both have a riot! Any input at all is really geat. Thanks again...11 days...I am so stoked!!!

BrooklynBeas
01-12-2005, 09:38 AM
why not hang by one of the schools near your hotel and get your son some ass... that way a young chica can keep him company while your with the mom.... just an idea.... by the way there is snorkling in Sosua as well... you can get a room in Cabarette for about $35 each with a pool and its right on the beach... then you can roam away and pick up a chica and take her to a cabana for short time...

Jimmydr
01-12-2005, 09:41 AM
why not hang by one of the schools near your hotel and get your son some ass... that way a young chica can keep him company while your with the mom.... just an idea.... by the way there is snorkling in Sosua as well... you can get a room in Cabarette for about $35 each with a pool and its right on the beach... then you can roam away and pick up a chica and take her to a cabana for short time...

Windsurf Hotel has an activities director. People like this can watch your kid for a few hours for a few dollars. They make $17 a day at most.

emoyeni7
01-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey Guys, Outstanding suggestions. I think that we will only spend a few days in B.C. From the input it looks like the north coast might be a litttle better for my needs. Do you guys concur with my conclusion? Either way I would'nt mind any suggestions. Most of all thank-you for all of the input. We have been wanting to go someplace ever since my wife died. Yahoo!!! This is it! 6 days! Thanks again guys, I will think of you guys when I 1st meet someone.......OK, your right, I am lying........ Thanks guys.

Jimmydr
01-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey Guys, Outstanding suggestions. I think that we will only spend a few days in B.C. From the input it looks like the north coast might be a litttle better for my needs. Do you guys concur with my conclusion?

I concur!

BrooklynBeas
01-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey Guys, Outstanding suggestions. I think that we will only spend a few days in B.C. From the input it looks like the north coast might be a litttle better for my needs. Do you guys concur with my conclusion? Either way I would'nt mind any suggestions. Most of all thank-you for all of the input. We have been wanting to go someplace ever since my wife died. Yahoo!!! This is it! 6 days! Thanks again guys, I will think of you guys when I 1st meet someone.......OK, your right, I am lying........ Thanks guys.

buddy no matter how much you didnt like being married i dont think you should be sayin Yahoo after mentioning your wife died... maybe you said yahoo for bein in the DR for 6 days... if u did it because of that then i take it back

Jimmydr
01-15-2005, 07:48 AM

buddy no matter how much you didnt like being married i dont think you should be sayin Yahoo after mentioning your wife died... maybe you said yahoo for bein in the DR for 6 days... if u did it because of that then i take it back

I think he said yahoo, because he thought he would never be able to go anywhere and now he can with the boards help. :?:

D_W_
01-15-2005, 01:49 PM

You're so fucked up Beas...you know damn well what he meant you sick bastard.

BrooklynBeas
01-15-2005, 04:27 PM
no i didnt... i have heard people say they wish their spouses died... ya never know... i think its terribleif he meant that but i dont think he did...

emoyeni7
01-19-2005, 08:48 AM
Hey everybody, Great response! It is now 4:45 am here in Alaska. Temp. is 2 deg. F. -16 Cel. In 58 hours my son and I will be in D.R. That does merit a Yahoo! I will try to check in while I am down there. We will be staying at the El Candil for a few days. I even have a date with a non-pro who lives in another city and works for the Govt. She does not speak any english and I speak a little bit of spanish. Probably won't go anywhere but it will be interesting. I am bringing a gift for her son (we have been writing each other for about 1 and 1/2 months) She is pretty but..... I know... I know.... Hey you guys thanks so very much. If any of you guys are staying there this weekend let me know.

continentalmike
01-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Hey everybody, Great response! It is now 4:45 am here in Alaska. Temp. is 2 deg. F. -16 Cel. In 58 hours my son and I will be in D.R. That does merit a Yahoo! I will try to check in while I am down there. We will be staying at the El Candil for a few days. I even have a date with a non-pro who lives in another city and works for the Govt. She does not speak any english and I speak a little bit of spanish. Probably won't go anywhere but it will be interesting. I am bringing a gift for her son (we have been writing each other for about 1 and 1/2 months) She is pretty but..... I know... I know.... Hey you guys thanks so very much. If any of you guys are staying there this weekend let me know.

Enjoy and just see where it takes you! We will be looking forward to your trip report

BrooklynBeas
01-19-2005, 08:53 AM

When you get back please dont tell us you married her cause she was everything you ask for in a woman and gave you great sex...

Jimmydr
01-19-2005, 08:53 AM

I bet she attaches herself to you and you never shake her. :D
Remember there are a ton of non mongering things to do and you can get updates here.

D_W_
01-19-2005, 10:52 AM
no i didnt... i have heard people say they wish their spouses died... ya never know... i think its terribleif he meant that but i dont think he did...

I thought you were being sarcastic...I could not stop laughing when I read the post.

emoyeni7
01-20-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi , Well, I figure that anytime you can make people laugh it is good. Time for a full confession. This trip means a lot to my son and I. We have wanted to take a vacation somewhere cool for several years. When my wife committed suicide on Feb. 12 2002 it pretty much killed my son and I. I have never had such emotional pain, nor had my son. Dad in his great wisdom (smile) decided to distract son (after about 6 months) with a future visit to a wonderful warm land. I have showed him endless pictures and told lots of stories about where we will go and what we will do. It is finally happening. Yahoo!!! Sorry could not resist that laugh. I did not want to get into the negatives. I did want to let you guys know how much your advice has helped and why it was so important to me to gain some knowledge. You guys have made it a lot easier to gain that knowledge. So to all of you out there that have contributed to this, thank-you from my heart. On a lighter note, my son gets his big trip with dad, (yep, another Yahoo). Dad gets to meet Hot Chica's! Although I am thinking Yahoo I will not say it. You guys have been great. God Bless

Jimmydr
01-20-2005, 08:04 AM
Hi , Well, I figure that anytime you can make people laugh it is good. Time for a full confession. This trip means a lot to my son and I. We have wanted to take a vacation somewhere cool for several years. When my wife committed suicide on Feb. 12 2002 it pretty much killed my son and I. I have never had such emotional pain, nor had my son. Dad in his great wisdom (smile) decided to distract son (after about 6 months) with a future visit to a wonderful warm land. I have showed him endless pictures and told lots of stories about where we will go and what we will do. It is finally happening. Yahoo!!! Sorry could not resist that laugh. I did not want to get into the negatives. I did want to let you guys know how much your advice has helped and why it was so important to me to gain some knowledge. You guys have made it a lot easier to gain that knowledge. So to all of you out there that have contributed to this, thank-you from my heart. On a lighter note, my son gets his big trip with dad, (yep, another Yahoo). Dad gets to meet Hot Chica's! Although I am thinking Yahoo I will not say it. You guys have been great. God Bless

You seem cool, too bad our dates do not cross. Have I got a nice chica for him. He can be the youngest Western Union Card member! :D

BrooklynBeas
01-20-2005, 08:15 AM

Wow... God please forgive me for what i have said about this man celebrating his wifes death... i didnt mean it... im sorry... Have fun in DR...

the_Jayman
01-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Dad gets to meet Hot Chica's! Although I am thinking Yahoo I will not say it.

Then I will

Y A H O O O O O ! ! !

Have fun man.

emoyeni7
01-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey, hold up guys. I did not tell anybody the whole story so how could anybody know. You guys have a good sense of humor! I gotta tell you I laughed well reading the posts. Heck, I gotta friend up here who is going thru a divorce and he told me he wanted to rent me out to go see the spouse's of divorcing men. Thought maybe I could save a lot of men heartache by getting their spouses to off themselves. Now thats sick! Actually I laughed quite a bit at that. Sometimes you gotta laugh at the crap we encounter in life. The other options just have too much pain. Brooklyn Bea, by your posts I can tell your a good guy with a good sense of humor....Well a good sense of humor anyways. Thanks again guys. Boy, it sure feels good to know I am not the only one with a good (sick) sense of humor. yahoo!

Jimmydr
01-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey, hold up guys. I did not tell anybody the whole story so how could anybody know. You guys have a good sense of humor! I gotta tell you I laughed well reading the posts. Heck, I gotta friend up here who is going thru a divorce and he told me he wanted to rent me out to go see the spouse's of divorcing men. Thought maybe I could save a lot of men heartache by getting their spouses to off themselves. Now thats sick! Actually I laughed quite a bit at that. Sometimes you gotta laugh at the crap we encounter in life. The other options just have too much pain. Brooklyn Bea, by your posts I can tell your a good guy with a good sense of humor....Well a good sense of humor anyways. Thanks again guys. Boy, it sure feels good to know I am not the only one with a good (sick) sense of humor. yahoo!

This is home for many. :D

D_W_
01-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Heck, I gotta friend up here who is going thru a divorce and he told me he wanted to rent me out to go see the spouse's of divorcing men. Thought maybe I could save a lot of men heartache by getting their spouses to off themselves. Now thats sick! Actually I laughed quite a bit at that. Sometimes you gotta laugh at the crap we encounter in life.

Sick humor has kept me intact for many years of heartache from my parent's divorce to my estrangement of some family and friends.

All you can do is move on and hope for better times. But hope is not always enough...you have to make it happen. Just like you're doing now.

Rock on dude!

prtyr2
01-20-2005, 11:18 AM
The costalungo has a few rooms with 2 bedrooms, and I am sure Mario can hook you up with baby sitters. As for snorkling and beaches, south coast wins. Caribbean sea rather than atlantic ocean. Neitehr place is great for snorkling but south coast is better.