PDA

View Full Version : cannot view posts

weyland
06-17-2006, 06:13 PM
I finished watching the soccer an hour ago (22.00 in the UK) and logged onto ISOC. I can read all the menus and sub-menus, but whatever post I click on I receive the "cannot access page" message whether it is in the subscription or open areas. But the PM service is working for me. I have exchanged PMs with Apos. I can see the menus updating whenever someone adds a post.

I have tried clearing my cache and restarting my browser, even restarting my computer. I have the same problem whether I use MSIE, Netscape Navigator, or Firefox Mozilla.

Anyone else having problems or is it (as usual) just me?

Kevy
06-17-2006, 06:16 PM
I am not having any problems. thanks for saying soccer.

Jimmydr
06-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I have no trouble as well.

Apos
06-17-2006, 06:22 PM
weird...pm's work for ya and you can post but not read the posts?:confused:

Jimmydr
06-17-2006, 06:22 PM
He must be drunk??

TG37
06-17-2006, 07:06 PM
He must be drunk??\\\

Very likely

the_Jayman
06-18-2006, 01:05 AM
like always . . . blame it on the drunk . . . IT'S OUR FAULT . . . SORRY ! ! :321: :fu: :scared: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :veryconfused: :walk: :cannon: :flamethrower: :bash: :boxing: :fight: :guns: :shot:

weyland
06-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Got up this morning, logged on, and it's working fine. Nothing to do with rebooting, because I tried that yesterday. Not browser specific, because I tried three different ones. And I had no problem with any other website.

It must have been the drink. Maybe orange juice is too strong for me at my age?

Kevy
06-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Got up this morning, logged on, and it's working fine. Nothing to do with rebooting, because I tried that yesterday. Not browser specific, because I tried three different ones. And I had no problem with any other website.

It must have been the drink. Maybe orange juice is too strong for me at my age?

More likely, the medication is making things difficult for you.

weyland
06-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I do a Sunday routine of checking with AdAware and Spybot before my Norton's kicks in automatically to do a sweep. They rarely find anything and I don't offer suffer those sort of problems, but today Spybot found a whole raft of unwelcome guests. So it may have been something to do with that.

And, Apos, I installed Firefox on your recommendation. That brought with it some media play files that fucked up my CD and DVD players. SpyBot cleared those and all is OK now. So I suffered two unrelated problems today. Hopefully Firefox won't give me any more problems. It looks good and is twice as fast as IE. But if it gives me any more trouble I will kick it out (and with no motoconcho pesos).

Kevy
06-18-2006, 10:23 AM
I do a Sunday routine of checking with AdAware and Spybot before my Norton's kicks in automatically to do a sweep. They rarely find anything and I don't offer suffer those sort of problems, but today Spybot found a whole raft of unwelcome guests. So it may have been something to do with that.

And, Apos, I installed Firefox on your recommendation. That brought with it some media play files that fucked up my CD and DVD players. SpyBot cleared those and all is OK now. So I suffered two unrelated problems today. Hopefully Firefox won't give me any more problems. It looks good and is twice as fast as IE. But if it gives me any more trouble I will kick it out (and with no motoconcho pesos).

You took computer advice from Apos (who seems to post a weekly computer problem thread) and wonder why you have computer problems. There is your answer:bigthumbup:

Apos
06-19-2006, 09:46 PM
thanks kevy for the reboot!

looks like many of us had the same issue tonight about 9:15 or so :(

the_Jayman
06-19-2006, 09:58 PM
me too . . . Thanks Kevy ! !

whynotme
06-20-2006, 07:17 AM
me too
thanks fotr the reboot
weyland got the first frozen threads loooooong before we did?