PDA

View Full Version : 12hrs in SANTIAGO intel!!... Experts chime-in

joeysterr
07-27-2009, 01:19 AM
It is the city where a big part of the Sosua hotness comes from.

I understand that Santiago has good ratings as a city to live in for expats or just to monger if you're seasoned. I have trust in me, not to toot my own horn, but my Spanish can get me by.

I am planning my trip, NYC -> POP, but might have to fly back STI -> NYC. Returns in early September are a bitch!!!! The flight with Spirit is at 3:20am:eek:.

Instead of taking a local cab to go directly from Sosua to STI airport late at night, I was thinking of leaving Sosua with metro bus(http://metroserviciosturisticos.com/) and getting there early in the morning, check-in in a cabana, spend entire morning, afternoon and evening there and then on my way to the airport later the night...anyway that's where the idea comes from.

Spending the day there maybe sightseeing, just on places nearby, etc. of course hook up with a chica or two, Passiones(no not LP) or anything cool really.

The problem is that the Santiago section here is a little outdated and reading the threads I know that DCIronman and Don Tomas are two of maybe many experts here on isoc on that city.

The difference in cost between the POP and STI flights with the activities I wanna do might become equal at the end but I thought about it and I would better like spending the money doing this. I have read so much interesting stories about it that I want to give it a try...you know give myself a chance to do it.

My question is how and what can you do in 12hrs in Santiago?

shredder
07-27-2009, 02:53 AM
You know, I am tempted to include a day or two in Santiago on my next trip...I was in Santiago a year ago for a short trip. I liked it except I was totally dependent on taxis for everything. I'm sure there are centrally located hotels but I didn't plan that one out very well.

Sosua is so convenient for the traveler.

Beads
07-27-2009, 10:13 AM
With only 12 hours to spend I would just get a hotel close to the airport and hit the strip club for a chica for the night. Not enough time to do much more. Or if you hook up with something decent in Sosua and the chica lives in Santiago maybe head down there a day early with her and let her show you around. This way you get to see the town from a local point of view and you have a chica to bang for the night. In the morning you can bail out and she can visit her family after you hit the airport.

givengo440
07-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Yes my brother get the intel for us all!

eastcoastallstar
07-27-2009, 10:30 AM
With only 12 hours to spend I would just get a hotel close to the airport and hit the strip club for a chica for the night. Not enough time to do much more. Or if you hook up with something decent in Sosua and the chica lives in Santiago maybe head down there a day early with her and let her show you around. This way you get to see the town from a local point of view and you have a chica to bang for the night. In the morning you can bail out and she can visit her family after you hit the airport.

Best advice right here.

But you have to make Santiago a stop on a future trip you need AT LEAST 2 days there.

blacksultan
07-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Hit up ROVER or David Smash on PM. They know alot about Santiago.

Black Soprano
07-27-2009, 05:01 PM
I've been there twice. Stayed at Aloha Sol, which was around 75 US a night I believe. The best thing to do in 12 hours is Hit Passiones or Illusions (lil cheaper) and salida one of them for a TLN. Illusions was cheaper than Passiones, but it's all in your negotiating with the chicas. There's also Gomez Car wash but I never took any chicas from there.

The thing with Santiago is that you need to know Spanish, and from what I've seen or not seen.. (lol) there aren't too many strips for Chicas. No Duartes like Boca Chica or Pedro Clisantes like Sosua. The women in this town seem to have more money and more selective as to who they'll fuck with.

But in the discos you wont even get to put your drink down before a chica rushes you looking for that TLN. Be selective as the first one isn't always the best one.. LOL.

psriches
07-27-2009, 05:29 PM

I understand that Santiago has good ratings as a city to live in for expats or just to monger if you're seasoned. I have trust in me, not to toot my own horn, but my Spanish can get me by.

I am planning my trip, NYC -> POP, but might have to fly back STI -> NYC. Returns in early September are a bitch!!!! The flight with Spirit is at 3:20am:eek:.

Instead of taking a local cab to go directly from Sosua to STI airport late at night, I was thinking of leaving Sosua with metro bus(http://metroserviciosturisticos.com/) and getting there early in the morning, check-in in a cabana, spend entire morning, afternoon and evening there and then on my way to the airport later the night...anyway that's where the idea comes from.

Spending the day there maybe sightseeing, just on places nearby, etc. of course hook up with a chica or two, Passiones(no not LP) or anything cool really.

The problem is that the Santiago section here is a little outdated and reading the threads I know that DCIronman and Don Tomas are two of maybe many experts here on isoc on that city.

The difference in cost between the POP and STI flights with the activities I wanna do might become equal at the end but I thought about it and I would better like spending the money doing this. I have read so much interesting stories about it that I want to give it a try...you know give myself a chance to do it.

You will need more time, language and experience for it to be cost effective in 12 hours! And a car doesn't hurt either.

As i see it, if you're going just to sight see and don't mind the "hit or miss" on the chica, then go for it! Because unless you go to the high priced Passions/Illusions, that's what it will be. Imagine how pissed you'll be after spending 4000 on a "pretty bitch/dud in the bed". Or worse yet, not finding anything at all! I'm in Santiago 6 times a year but i have a personal phone book.

My suggestion would be to eat the cab fare (negociate the best fare possible) and stay in Sosua as long as you can. Either way, you were gonna spend the money. Get a cheap room at Calypso and arrange for cab pick up at 11pm.

Do Santiago another time when you're better prepared, ie. car, chica, time, etc..........

The Sage
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Imagine how pissed you'll be after spending 4000 on a "pretty bitch/dud in the bed". Or worse yet, not finding anything at all!

This has been my experience when going to STI without the benefit of a local contact. To say the least outside of the eye candy it has been a waste of time an money.

joeysterr
07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Like I was saying, I was looking for another way to spend the extra money rather than on the flight from POP. I might end up spending more by going to STI like that. I still don't doubt you need days better than hours for it and asked isoc for some advices, got them, it's all I needed to know, thanks for coming through.

ps: And I believe the info coming-in can only be helpful. At least I gave it a little more attention but....we need more more more more more...

eastcoastallstar
07-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Santiago is a great town, just can't expect it to be like Sosua.

joeysterr
07-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Santiago is a great town, just can't expect it to be like Sosua.

Who did so EC?? Have you read my intro post. Never mind.

sicpup71
07-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Like I was saying, I was looking for another way to spend the extra money rather than on the flight from POP. I might end up spending more by going to STI like that. I still don't doubt you need days better than hours for it and asked isoc for some advices, got them, it's all I needed to know, thanks for coming through.

ps: And I believe the info coming-in can only be helpful. At least I gave it a little more attention but....we need more more more more more...

did u book this yet? if not try starting in sti this way you can maybe get something set up for the trip back. oh and a car wouldn't hurt.

eastcoastallstar
07-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Who did so EC?? Have you read my intro post. Never mind.

Sllllllloooow down cowboy. Just making a point.

joeysterr
07-27-2009, 06:12 PM
did u book this yet? if not try starting in sti this way you can maybe get something set up for the trip back. oh and a car wouldn't hurt.

Lol I thought about it too!! but I already booked my flight going to POP for real cheap Jetblue POP about two weeks ago. I heard I can change for fee, wouldn't mind that but I will still definitely need more time to visit and to do it do it

And I am seriously thinking about renting a car this time!

joeysterr
07-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Lol I thought about it too!! but I already booked my flight going to POP for real cheap Jetblue POP about two weeks ago. I heard I can change for fee, wouldn't mind that but I will still definitely need more time to visit and to do it do it

http://www.mel-tour.com/english/tours.php?page=santiago_jarabacoa.php

Has anybody use their services? They have good ratings on trip advisor.

joeysterr
07-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Sllllllloooow down cowboy. Just making a point.

Cowboy:confused: o.k.

...know what it's diffused, never existed...cyber communications misunderstanding at it again.

sicpup71
07-28-2009, 10:36 AM

it's one of the best things u can do u get to see so much more.

brugal
07-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Santiago and that region (Cibao) have the best looking women in DR.

Have not visited P4P places yet but I hear great things about all of them.

We need to have more info on this thread. Let's all make an effort mongers.

weyland
07-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Santiago is the city where a big part of the Sosua hotness comes from.
Sure, a lot of whores come from Santiago because it has a large population. But also in my experience a lot who say they come from Santiago don't.
1) Some say Santiago because they think a gringo will not have heard of their own small town or village and Santiago is the nearest big place.
2) Some say Santiago because a lot of gringos think (rightly or wrongly) that is where the best chicas come from so it boosts their image.
3) Some say Santiago because they could be easily traced in their own small village or town and don't want their family and friends to know they are hooking.

I wouldn't believe a puta as to which is her home town any more than about her age, how many children she has, whether she is married, has a novio, or all the other stuff they lie about.

eldorob
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Sure, a lot of whores come from Santiago because it has a large population. But also in my experience a lot who say they come from Santiago don't.I wouldn't believe a puta as to which is her home town any more than about her age, how many children she has, whether she is married, has a novio, or all the other stuff they lie about.

:eek: What about the Santiago Sisters?? :eek: Could it all be a lie?

What did ErikS know, and when did he know it??

SrSuerte
07-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I love raw and straight to the point advice!

ChicaSeeka
07-29-2009, 10:52 PM
"TLN" At Passions or Illusions be "Prepared" lots of pesos my friend most of the girls "ST" ask from 3k-6k and thats 2 hours of time and most want to go no further that the Cabanas next door so they can get right back and find their next client....

As previously stated by many guys before me in this thread, your best bet is to spend a few days there , and definatly hit the local hot spots
ie: Monte Bar, lots of local tipicos, car washes, Las Colinas mall, the spots on estrella Sudhada pista in front of the (2) universities , etc. and the day time P4P action will be almost impossible for a new guy in a new town during the daytime to find without guidance.

Keep in mind that the P4P places don't get really going till well after midnight there as are the same for most venues with the exeptions of the little local joints.

and I am at most of all of these places I mentioned above every month , for the past few years
so yes i do know a bit about Santiago LOL

joeysterr
07-29-2009, 11:06 PM
"TLN" At Passions or Illusions be "Prepared" lots of pesos my friend most of the girls "ST" ask from 3k-6k and thats 2 hours of time and most want to go no further that the Cabanas next door so they can get right back and find their next client....

As previously stated by many guys before me in this thread, your best bet is to spend a few days there , and definatly hit the local hot spots
ie: Monte Bar, lots of local tipicos, car washes, Las Colinas mall, the spots on estrella Sudhada pista in front of the (2) universities , etc. and the day time P4P action will be almost impossible for a new guy in a new town during the daytime to find without guidance.

Keep in mind that the P4P places don't get really going till well after midnight there as are the same for most venues with the exeptions of the little local joints.

and I am at most of all of these places I mentioned above every month , for the past few years
so yes i do know a bit about Santiago LOL

Wassup chicaseeka! I saw/met you with DRSAMI in NG during my first trip.

Thanks for chiming in!

At least this thread is now an official 2009 isoc update on Santiago. Look at all the info in it! http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gif Keep it coming guys!!

yayow
07-30-2009, 02:12 AM
Speaking of car washes, what the story from you Santiago vets of the car wash on Ave. Hispano America (iirc that's the name of the road), happened to stop by once when I was passing through during the day, but my spanish wasn't too good at the time, so didn't do anything further but have a couple of beers and continued on my way, A car wash with a nice looking bar attached, also served food, looked like a little motel type thing attached to it (is that for in house or where the girls live?), plenty of chicas in the joint serving you drinks, and others just sitting around, and more yet sitting outside across from the car wash and bar section, below where the rooms were situated.

Can't recall the name of the joint but I am sure the vets will know it, what is the story there, and what are the prices? Looked like a place you can get daytime action, because I stopped by during early afternoon and observed the things I am describing. This was about two years ago, but I am sure it is still there.

Any info out there?

bige810
08-22-2009, 08:11 PM

I do have a possible soultion for you. My first time in Santiago my friend had his brother come by my room (Hotel Platino) and took me to Kelvim's Car Wash. I was good to go after that. Both the hotel and car wash are right off the main street. (Calle Duarte). You might even find a closer cabana that works for you. :biggrin: Have some fun wherever you stay.

JoeDR
08-23-2009, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't believe a puta as to which is her home town any more than about her age, how many children she has, whether she is married, has a novio, or all the other stuff they lie about.

Good demographic analysis plus you remind us we are not buying compassion from a whore, we are buying a fantasy consiting of whatever lies it consists of, to add to our own.