PDA

View Full Version : 'Crazy summer days' in Sosúa

gmalet
07-28-2009, 01:37 PM
The restaurant 'Parada Tipica El Choco' (located on the main road towards Cabarete, opposite Sosúa Ocean Village) is organising an exciting four-day event to celebrate the 'crazy days of summer'. This weekend (31 July - 3 August) you will be able to enjoy a range of activities to take your mind off the summer heat.
Friday, 31 July:
the Beer Tent opens at 5pm, with live music from Domingo Rosario and his bachata group.
Saturday 1 August:
El Choco opens at 10am, and the first 'piggy race' will be held at 11am. Races will be held every two hours thereafter, until 7pm, and you can bet on your favourite pig, or take part in other interesting games. DJ Walter provides the evening's entertainment.
Sunday 2 August:
Sunday morning get-together (from 9am), with a Swiss-style breakfast that includes many home-made dishes (even the bread and jam). El Choco will be open all day (until 5pm), so why not drop in to meet friends, enjoy the various types of beer, and discuss the outcome of the various games.
Monday 3 August:
The restaurant is open all day, as usual, but the fun really starts at 5pm today, with lots of games until they run out of sausages!

There will be a sweepstake of the winners ('piggy races') and a prize-giving ceremony. JP (the Dutchman) will provide the evening's entertainment.
There will be plenty of Summer Festival music and dancing, with 12 types of beer, grilled sausages and chicken. So, if you're suffering from the summer heat (and who isn't?) then go along to Parada Tipica El Choco this weekend for some lively entertainment.

yayow
07-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Always enjoyed eating there, when I used to stay at Casa Linda, the faire was always delicious.

givengo440
07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Dam I wish I was there I miss DR everyday

trEPP33
07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Sounds like fun. Gives me something else to do. Thanks!