PDA

View Full Version : Sosus Mayor in D.C.

yayow
07-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Sosua Mayor testifies in D.C., the probe is widening in regards to the gift of the fire truck from D.C. to Sosua:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/03/AR2009040303592.html

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dc/2009/07/council_gets_testimony_from_do.html

This figured to get ugly and it certainly has. Hope Sosua doesn't get blown up all over the States. But someone or a few someones will probably be going down for this.

SJG
07-30-2009, 11:03 PM
This is by far my favorite quote in this mess:

According to Nickles's report, Peaceoholics and some other District groups have been involved in programs to take at-risk youth to the Dominican Republican for cross-cultural and athletic activities.

Same reasons I go.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

yayow
07-31-2009, 12:19 AM
This is by far my favorite quote in this mess:

Same reasons I go.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hear you SJG, exacty same reasons I am there too:rofl::rofl:, and you don't even have to be a youth to participate in those cross cultural athletic events:rofl::rofl:

I am an at risk oldie.

Beads
07-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Any people involved in the making of that deal should not be going back to Sosua anytime soon. If they do they better bring the money to pay the mayor back with them or good luck getting out of town let alone the country.

psriches
07-31-2009, 07:31 PM
My favorite quote:

"In addition to the remaining value of the equipment, some have questioned why Ronald Gill Jr., a deputy chief with the D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services, traveled to the Dominican Republic to facilitate the transfer.

Gill billed taxpayers $800 for his trip. Nickles's report says Gill went to Sosua out of "due diligence" to "confirm their need."

psriches
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
My favorite quote:

"In addition to the remaining value of the equipment, some have questioned why Ronald Gill Jr., a deputy chief with the D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services, traveled to the Dominican Republic to facilitate the transfer.

Gill billed taxpayers $800 for his trip. Nickles's report says Gill went to Sosua out of "due diligence" to "confirm their need."In Classico??????

chicmatic
07-31-2009, 09:09 PM
lmao...that highlighted portion had me cracking up :rofl: and I'm sure it was only right for him to have to go back and follow up