PDA

View Full Version : Weather Concerns October 2009

tonymd
08-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I am planning to go down 10/1/09 for a week. Should I be concerned about hurricanes or the weather that time of year? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

bklyndrguy
08-02-2009, 09:03 PM
iam also going hopefully oct 1 or 2 i have bben allredy 6 times in sep oct i never had a major problam with the rain even when it rains its just for a hour or 2

Ram
08-02-2009, 11:59 PM
I have been 5 times in Sept/Oct. Never had an issue, it seems I have had more rain on my trips in March than in the fall. Would not worry at all about hurricanes.....earthquakes are more likely. :) The only thing is the ocean is so warm it does not cool you off much...its like a bath.

givengo440
08-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I am planning to go down 10/1/09 for a week. Should I be concerned about hurricanes or the weather that time of year? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I was en La Capital during the end September and it rained daily at times very light and at times very heavy. I loved it I would jog w/o a shirt during those times. I would not worry about it so much I was there for (3) days and Mac Man was there for (9) and he said everyday during the time he was there before I got there it rained as well, but for a hour or two as previous stated.

Beads
08-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I cant speak about the rest of the island during hurricane season but the north coast (Sosua, Puerta Plata etc) never seems to get hit very hard. They can get a lot of rain and some wind but nothing life threatening if your use common sense. The buildings are built well enough to protect you from the weather so the worst case is your stuck indoors to order pizza from La Bologna and your previous nights chica spends an extra day indoors with you.

lobonegro
08-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I'll def be back down this year...again...during those dates...yea now that someone mentions it...lemme know about those storms

sosuaman
08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
don't worry about it
just go and have fun
never had a problem at that time of year

manning88
08-25-2009, 09:48 PM
need info for sept and oct trip are girls still there been in may and june stayed at new garden hows the weather and ratio

bigtittylicker
08-26-2009, 01:12 AM
There are more than enough girls any time of the year. June to Sept Is the hottest time of year, usually 85-95 with some showers. March, April, lots of rain. May to OCt is hurricane season but no hurricanes ever do anything but dump a lot of rain and some wind because the hurriances originate south and east of the Island and the huge Mountain range in Puero plata where the Cable Car Teleferico is, blocks them from coming head on into the area. If you are on the north Coast not much of a problem. LAst year a hurricane hit in late September by surprise but some streets were flooded, not great beach weather, but then again you would not have to worrry about where to survive. One year I was there during Easter week about 2 years ago I think, hard to remember, the waves were so bad they had to close the beach (Sosua) from the condo I stayed in I could hear them crashing among the shops which were all closed. It sucked that the beach was closed, a storm was out in the Sea, we had some rainy nights, but the pool was fine and no shortage of chicas. IF the beach is open, in the mornings and afternoons, many of the chicas live in Charamicos, on the other side of the beach and instead of paying motoconchos or taxis they walk across the beach where the shops are, a great place to get numbers and see them without lots of makeup in the bright sunlight. Then they walk up and down pedro clisante in teh afternoons, but sometimes not much to look at until the weekend afternoons, there is la passion too which always has something. If you go to Cristals and pay there rates for the hardcores not my cup of tea, but an experience to be the only 2 guys in there and get swamped by 100 girls.

At night from 9 on, they start arriving at the discos on Pedro Clisante. No shortage. Its just in the early am or afternoon, you may have to do some reconassaince to find what you are looking for. I usually try to get to the beach early unless I run into something good on a walk around town and the first day I work on putting numbers in my phone, but I will not tell em where I am staying so that someone else can not snatch em. LOL. Like I really care? No, it is so they do not come knock on my door while I am busy, as I am not into drama. And I always keep the numbers of my favorites to give a call when I get back in town.

Blackbeards is far out 30 min trip by taxi 25 if you drive like a Maniac. But the best ones or most variety really only there after 6pm weekdays after 9m thurs- sat. There are a couple of good lookin ones there, but mostly need beer goggles. But it is point and click. If you are someone that likes very pretty model types, good luck.

But you will never find a shortage of chicas, not even during Christmas or Easter. There are many who choose or "have to work" to support, Mom, and Grandma and the rest of family in the countryside and tell the family they work in a hotel in Playa Dorada or a Hair or Nail salon and send the money home. The family many times can not afford to take a trip to check on em otherwise they would be in school or have a "regular" job.