PDA

View Full Version : What name brand Spring water do they have in supermarkets

maylay sparks
01-15-2005, 03:12 AM
I know this is a tough question because most of you no good drunkin bums pickle your tongues with alcohol all day anyway but do the stores have name brand 1 gallon containers of water from Poland Spring? Or Evian 1 liters. I dont water from the local name brand from DR, I want a name brand i can trust. I dont buy water here because I have water filter so I would like to know this in advance so i can bring a mini filter with me if I have to.

By the way I am joking about the alchohol part so dont black out on me about that.

Jimmydr
01-15-2005, 07:41 AM
I know this is a tough question because most of you no good drunkin bums pickle your tongues with alcohol all day anyway but do the stores have name brand 1 gallon containers of water from Poland Spring? Or Evian 1 liters. I dont water from the local name brand from DR, I want a name brand i can trust. I dont buy water here because I have water filter so I would like to know this in advance so i can bring a mini filter with me if I have to.

By the way I am joking about the alchohol part so dont black out on me about that.

The local brand is about $1 a gallon while there are other brands at $3 or more. I use the 5 gallon bottles which are $1 as well, but not sold in the supermarkets.

BrooklynBeas
01-15-2005, 09:26 AM
Malay... cause Jimmy didnt answer your question... you can get Dasani Water in the DR which is bottled byCoca Cola... i think the water is still from the DR though... but it is purified so you have nothing to worry about... they may pay their workers about 2 pesos more a day cause they are Coke... but i drink any bottled water... i think i saw Poland spring as well but it may have been in some place like Jose Osheas im not really sure... the Dasani im sure about... i wouldnt trust a small purifier that your thinkin about bringin with u though... i dont think it would be able to handle the shit in their water faucets!

maylay sparks
01-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I had a portable water filter when I went to brazil it was top of the line and the best quality but it was small and it was a pain in the ass to keep squeezing the water out but it worked and the water was clean. It ran me about 40 dollars and you can use about 48 times, I might have a few uses left but i lost track.

smileysmile
01-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey Brooklyn Beas! Can I buy water from the stores in Sosua, then which ones? OK, Water is not my main concern when I am coming, but we Newbies want some advice anyway....looking for time at the end of February.

jd_mine
01-15-2005, 07:25 PM
You can buy bottled water at all the bars and supermarkets. I just buy the gallon bottles at the supermarket to use in the hotel room. All the bottled waters are safe to use. They have a whole bunch of different brands. I think I saw Evian too, but in my opinion there is no need to spend that much more if you just need water to brush your teeth and drink in your room.

smileysmile
01-15-2005, 08:05 PM
I just heard that some shops put tap water into bottles.
But that might be a rumour maybe....

Everytime I find the inspiration to go change things around
Noone wants to help me to look for places where new things might
be found

Jimmydr
01-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Hey Brooklyn Beas! Can I buy water from the stores in Sosua, then which ones? OK, Water is not my main concern when I am coming, but we Newbies want some advice anyway....looking for time at the end of February.

There are 2 big supermarkets and 10-15 smaller ones all within 10 minutes frim the center of town. You can get anything you need there.

Jimmydr
01-15-2005, 08:40 PM
I just heard that some shops put tap water into bottles.
But that might be a rumour maybe....

Everytime I find the inspiration to go change things around
Noone wants to help me to look for places where new things might
be found

Its a rumor, the bottles have seals.

the_Jayman
01-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I've never had any digestive problems related to the bottled water.

just my 2 cents

drink water . . lots of water ! !

gdogg
01-16-2005, 01:26 AM
I drank nothing but bottled water and left the DR feeling great (unlike last time)!

Don Tomas
01-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I drank nothing but bottled water and left the DR feeling great (unlike last time)!

How can you use the words "left the DR" & "feeling great" in the same sentence?

maylay sparks
01-16-2005, 04:08 AM
That is also my concern that some companies just put tap water in the bottles. Someone visted another third country to see where the source of the water came from and he found out this companies was using tap water! I also dont want a company that uses a cheap filtration system. A lot of these companies even in the usa still have water that contains floride. As far as bottles water goes I will only go with trusted name brands such as Poland, Evian and a few others.

Dick Dawson
01-16-2005, 05:41 AM
You could always bring a few of the half liter bottles on your next trip. They don't take up alot of space in the suitcase. I've done that on both of my trips.

gdogg
01-16-2005, 08:03 AM

How can you use the words "left the DR" & "feeling great" in the same sentence?

I guess it's easier when you're scheduled to return in about 50 days from when you're leaving.

freakaccident
03-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Do they have Crystal? Its the top brand water in Mexico. I loved it mainly because the bottle was designed to be crushed like a can. You crush it then stick the cap back on to keep it crushed. It amused me quite a bit. :?

D_W_
03-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Not to get off topic but Bottled water in America is the biggest fucking scam going. It's water...period. Dasani, Aquafina is processed municipal water.

freakaccident
03-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Not to get off topic but Bottled water in America is the biggest fucking scam going. It's water...period. Dasani, Aquafina is processed municipal water.

I like Fiji water. I dont care if it is tap water. It says its from Fiji on the label and Im a stupid american so I don't care.