PDA

View Full Version : Going to Riu Bachata AI- Need Help

Heinrich
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I am going to Puerto Plata to an all inclusive resort with a family member..The resort name is Riu Bachata and this is located on Maimon Bay. Have anyone stayed in this place? Please help me with following..

How far is sosua from this place and how much it costs by taxi or guagua? ( round trip). Obviously I am planning to sneek out and visit La Passions..:D

Are chicas available nearby Riu Bachata? and casas or hotels where I can take her?

How is weather in August 3rd week? I hope it does not rain me out of vacation :wink:

Please respond if you have any information..Thanks!

The Sage
08-05-2009, 02:49 PM
The AI is about 6 miles outside of POP headed up the 5 highway to Santiago. I'm sure you can take a cab to Sosua. My guess is the one way cost would be in excess of $40. Total travel time about 40 minutes. As for casas Crystals would be your best bet. The info I have on Bohen which is marginally closer is that nothing much is going on there these days. Probably the most cost effective approach would be to rent a taxi driver for the day. Start off about 1:00 pm. Hit Caberete, Sosua, and finish in POP at night. From a sightseeing perspective you could not have picked a worst AI.

Damager
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Sosua is about 45 minutes from Maimon. You might be better off going into Puerto plata. (El Bohen or Cristals). There are cabanas on the road to Puerto Plata right near Ocean world that I have used in the past. Clean and cheap with security.

weyland
08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I reckon US$40 (each way!) would be about right for a cab to Sosúa. You are staying in the middle of nowhere as far as gringo mongering is concerned but there is hope.

It depends if you are stuck with the family member and can only get away for 2/3 hours at a time or whether you can get away for the whole afternoon and evening.

If the latter you can catch two publicos (shared taxis) to Sosúa for less than US$3 (change at La Javilla in Puerto Plata). Not much slower than a private taxi.

If your time is limited I would go in the other direction to the next town, Imbert (about 5km). Take a chica out of a bar there for 1000 pesos (ST) and take her to a cabaña. Strangely, that area around Maimon is well-served by cabañas - lots of choice whereas there are none in Sosúa.

If she is nice, buy her a fish supper in Maimon. Two or three good seafood restaurants there.

JD426
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
RIU Bachata is great if you have a big appetite ,and like to drink, you will break even then, But as far as mongering, as stated above its kinda far away from the action, and don't even think about sneaking in a chica.You will meet some nice people from all over,but not many mongers. Its a family atmospere with kids . I also dont like the beach there, too much floating debris, esp after is rains( bad visibility) whereas Sosua beach water clarity is excellent.

cash money
08-05-2009, 07:24 PM
riu bachata is a little ways out, but there are many places close by if you only have a sort time to sneek away, first do you speak spanish??? if u do even easier if no still ok.
just take a taxi to Blackbeards adult resort grab a girl of your choice, pay a salida hit the cabana, probably your safest, smartest choice.
next choice, again get a taxi tell him , i will write how it sounds..>
no ablo es-pan-yol, pero key-air-o una chica y una cabana pero solo tengo mil pesos. At this point your taxi driver will drive you around and find you a chica all you have to do is nod your head yes or no. Pretty much just take a taxi for a joy ride , when u see any girl you like just make it obvious to the taxi driver and he will pull over and negotiate a deal for you. good luck girls are easy and a dime a dozen over there, just respect them and always becareful of your wallets/jewlery.

Heinrich
08-08-2009, 11:34 AM
What are the salida prices in BB? ARe there any cabana'? or can I rent a room in BB itself for short time? Any help is appreciated

Heinrich
08-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Where are Elbohen and cristals in Puerto plata? How do I find it? Is it a salida deal or just pick one up?

thunderstar
08-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Im going to fill in a few blanks?
Family Member is not looking for pay for play fun?

With this in mind your looking for a 3 or 4 hour escape? I would suggest that 3 hours is the min time you will need to have any sort of fun away from that family member.

Im also guessing that you are new to the DR and the scene for catching the girls and not too sure how it works?

Get a taxi from the hotel. Tell them you want to go to Costambar and once in Costambar that you want Baba Negra Hotel. Tell the taxi to wait for you.
Pick your girl, pay the fee and go off to a cabana.
Once you come out of Costambar and hit the main highway you will turn back towards the Riu hotels and find a few cabanas along the road. I personally prefer Hollywood or Sensations – but there isn’t too much in it. As your on holiday and playing away go for an exec room and have some fun! ( 2 types of rooms, standard and exec – there is a sign above the garage door to tell you the difference )

Do your do then get the taxi back to the Riu’s – give the girl a couple of hundred extra for a tip and a concho back to Blackbeards.

That should all be doable if you are in a “hurry” and not cost the earth!

If money is no problem then get a room for the day at BB and milk it for all its worth – I don’t think they hire by the hour.

If of course my assumptions are wrong – let us know. If you have a full day away, or 24 hours clear, or just the night time there are people here who can advise you best!

thunderstar
08-08-2009, 12:07 PM
ElBohem and Crystals are both Saladia - both are considered pricey on this board, but hey - if your in a hurry and its your first time why not?
From memory ( its been a while since ive been to either ) it will run you around $160 for the exit fee and young lady for some quality time with her.

daddy999
08-09-2009, 02:45 AM
What are the salida prices in BB? ARe there any cabana'? or can I rent a room in BB itself for short time? Any help is appreciated

I believe the salida fee is 1,000 pesos. I am pretty sure you can't rent a room, but check with the more experienced folks here.
One possible thought is to pay for a nights stay at BB's and that would give you some flexibility in terms of what time you can make it there. This would also help you avoid paying the salida fee, cabana, and a ride for the chica you took out. Just a thought.