PDA

View Full Version : Where to learn the ropes?

XW9000
08-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Is there any place a newbie can go to learn the ropes for meeting girls in D.R.? Any locals you can recommend who can provide a bit of a crash course for how to navigate the scene down there?

Thanks.

Kennilingus
08-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Is there any place a newbie can go to learn the ropes for meeting girls in D.R.? Any locals you can recommend who can provide a bit of a crash course for how to navigate the scene down there?

Thanks.

It's all here ... start reading!

blacksultan
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM

Thanks.

Make sure you have pen, pencils, erasers, a notebook, and some glue. Let's go to school, muthafucka.

jensenspecial
08-05-2009, 11:22 PM

Thanks.

yes, please come to Passion's and bring the big fat porcellan pig Aunt Dolly gave you for your 3rd birthday. I have a big fat hammer for slamming it in pieces and then we see what we can do for you.
best regards,
your best friend Eli

XW9000
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
yes, please come to Passion's and bring the big fat porcellan pig Aunt Dolly gave you for your 3rd birthday. I have a big fat hammer for slamming it in pieces and then we see what we can do for you.
best regards,
your best friend Eli

LOL. Will do.

jensenspecial
08-06-2009, 04:23 PM
LOL. Will do.

hi there ...sorry about the sarcasm, but seriously this board is all you need to get to know the ropes. pls take your time reading and then you will touch down at the airport as a player. best regards

mikelodge
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
hi there ...sorry about the sarcasm, but seriously this board is all you need to get to know the ropes. pls take your time reading and then you will touch down at the airport as a player. best regards
Player is a broad term I still think your suggestion about the piggy bank is the ticket. There is no better way to learn than to make a few mistakes and learn from them. What better way than to blow all your money on some beautiful women at a place like Passions having the time of your life for a few days and having a couple of bad prostititue experiences at your hotel to get you on the fast track.

JoeDR
08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
best regards,
your best friend Eli

lol...lesson number one, and the fun has just begun.

sosuaman
08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
you can learn much from this board - but the real way to learn is to just throw yourself into the fire - go to Sosua with a big smile, be friendly to everyone and have a great time - down there it's live and learn - been there over two dozen times and still learn little things here and there. The members on this board have seen it all - so any specific questions just ask away....

JD426
08-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Make sure you have pen, pencils, erasers, a notebook, and some glue. Let's go to school, muthafucka.

I respectfully disagree with BS, and his list of necessary school supplies.
All you need to do is READ the board, and follow it every day, esp just before your trip, as things change rapidly sometimes.
The info will then be absorbed naturally by "osmosis" , which is a word I added to my vocabulary right here on ISOC as I recall . :rofl:

JoeDR
08-13-2009, 01:33 PM

Thanks.

This post ( in a comical way) reminds me of an old truism, people only value advice when they pay for it. Of course it normally applies to consultants, accountants, lawyers etc. but the situation here is similar.

There are 101 lessons you will learn in the first experience, and the fun is in the learning.

Reading TOO MUCH info here might prejudice or sway your first experience, have you thought about that?

My 2 cents: presuming you know how to act around women, chicas in the trade are women, always remember they have friends, families, relationships, loves and pains the same way you do. Life for them in 3rd world economy is an economic disadvantage for them, compared to you, BUT, you would be wise to avoid the notion that you are in someway superior to them (because of it). People everywhere are mostly the same on an emotional level. They laugh and cry, experience joy and despair the same. My advise to you is go to the DR looking to experience life on all levels and don't focus overly TOO TOO MUCH on the act of getting laid. That will be your easiest accomplishment.

Focus more on just connecting with good people, whatever their station in life, (could be the doorman, the taxi driver, the barkeeper). You are going to another culture, a Spanish culture AND a Caribbean culture. This should be the biggest part of the excitement, because everything will be new, and on a thousand different levels. This is what I recommend to focus on. The sex is just one dimension of that and the easiest part to experience. Always be yourself, be comfortable in your own skin. This way you will attract others who are the same.

You have this community to help you once you are there. At any time, when you in the DR, you can come on this forum and ask for help if you need it, and get an answer within minutes or hrs. My prediction is, you won't need it.

Good luck

mikelodge
08-13-2009, 02:58 PM
I respectfully disagree with BS, and his list of necessary school supplies.
All you need to do is READ the board, and follow it every day, esp just before your trip, as things change rapidly sometimes.
The info will then be absorbed naturally by "osmosis" , which is a word I added to my vocabulary right here on ISOC as I recall . :rofl:

Some people have a reverse "osmosis" water system.
I get "Reverse Osmosis" every night when I drink.:rofl::biggrin:

Passport Playa
08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Reading TOO MUCH info here might prejudice or sway your first experience, have you thought about that?

I respectfully disagree with this part of Patron Jim's reply simply because my very first trip to The D.R. was to La Capital as opposed to Sosua. This is supposedly in direct contrast to what some of the so-called experts would advise: "La Capital is the one city where a "newbie" shouldn't begin his mongering activities" (esp. when you consider the fact that I only speak functional spanish.) Factor into the equation that I am usually a Marriott (hotel) type of guy (if for no other reason than just because I have become accustomed to the various amenities that it tends to afford me.) However, after two days of staying there (and it was nice and also chica-friendly) I decided to take a chance and attempt to enhance my trip, by venturing off to a hotel on El Conde. For the record, had I not done my research (by reading all the good shit on this board), I am certain that I wouldn't have felt comfortable enough to leave The Marriott and thereby setup shop on El Conde. The information that I obtained from reading this board was invaluable as it actually empowered me enough to let my guards down (in a foreign country) and leave my comfort zone.

Consequently, my trip experience went from good to "off-the-chain!" That said, my advice would be to do as much research as your downtime will permit. Based upon doing so, you will develop the necessary confidence to step-outside-of-the-box should the need arise. You will also learn the tricks of the trade that will enable you to become more savvy as opposed to being a novice.

In any event, enjoy yourself (when you do decide to make the trip), but beware because you will never be the same!:D

The Mac Man

Ram
08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
The internet did not exist when I started mongering in Jamaica. I did not know I was called a monger then...I was just going, paying girls to sex me up. It was a vacation and I had fun...simple as that. I still play it the same way.
New guys have an advantage...this board...read, read and read. Remember, not everything that appears on the board will happen to you but it will enlighten you to what could happen....good and bad.
#1 Make note of the places to stay and the places to party...this my freind is the basis to a good time. Everything else will just happen...:corky:

JoeDR
08-13-2009, 05:25 PM
I respectfully disagree with this part of Patron Jim's reply. My reason being is because my first trip to The D.R. was to La Capital as opposed to Sosua. This is supposedly in direct contrast to what some of the so-called experts would advise: "La Capital is the one city where a "newbie" shouldn't begin his mongering activities" (esp. when you consider the fact that I only speak functional spanish.) Factor into the equation that I am usually a Marriott (hotel) type of guy (if for no other reason than just because I have become accustomed to the various amenities that it tends to afford me.) However, after two days of staying there (and it was nice and also chica-friendly) I decided to take a chance and attempt to enhance my trip, by venturing off to a hotel on El Conde. For the record, had I not done my research (by reading all the good shit on this board), I am certain that I wouldn't have felt comfortable enough to leave The Marriott and thereby setup shop on El Conde. The information that I obtain from reading this board was invaluable as it actually empowered me enough to let my guards down (in a foreign country) and leave my comfort zone.

Consequently, my trip experience went from good to "off-the-chain!" That said, my advice would be to do as much research as your downtime will permit. Based upon doing so, you will have the necessary confidence to step-outside-of-the-box should the need arise. You will also learn the tricks of the trade that will enable you to become more savvy as opposed to more novice.

In any event, enjoy yourself when you do decide to make that trip. But beware because you will never be the same!:D

The Mac Man

Yes, I agree with this view too. I think my point was, read, but don't take to heart 'too' much because you will gain your own view. It was meant to be a caution flag.

BTW, thanks for the advice on La Capital. I am coming to DR my first time, and I am having similar thoughts as you just described.

givengo440
08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
The best way to learn the ropes in my opinion is to read the board and do not be afraid to ask questions or start threads with a question (as you are currently doing) to get the members opinions. The next best way is to become friends with a monger or two or even three and conversate about your upcoming trip.

As for me the best piece of advice is to treat your whole trip as if you were in the hood (ghetto) when dealing with people especially chicas. My first trip was to SDQ and I just returned from Sosua and I tell you you will never be the same and you will never look at another American chic the same again. Welcome to the fantasy Island. :mrgreen:

weyland
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
As for me the best piece of advice is to treat your whole trip as if you were in the hood (ghetto) when dealing with people especially chicas.
What about those unfortunate people such as myself who have led narrow, deprived lives and never set foot in a "hood". Are we doomed to fail in the DR because we have been deprived of that enriching experience?

mikelodge
08-13-2009, 06:52 PM
What about those unfortunate people such as myself who have led narrow, deprived lives and never set foot in a "hood". Are we doomed to fail in the DR because we have been deprived of that enriching experience?

You actually have an advantage because of your sense of style as an Englishman that confuses them. Think about it with your nice pink shirt and gift items in your bag had you spent time in a real true inner city ghetto you would have been robbed or worse so I bet the girls think how nice it is to have something different on the menu.

JoeDR
08-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Incidentally Weyland, I wish to thank you for your comments on the cuddles thread regarding spanishpod.com, but that thread was closed. So THANK YOU! I have been prowling that site for two days, and I love the site. It’s also an ingenious business model that is making someone a lot of money (good for them!).

Cheers!

daddy999
08-15-2009, 02:27 AM
The best way to learn the ropes in my opinion is to read the board and do not be afraid to ask questions or start threads with a question (as you are currently doing) to get the members opinions. The next best way is to become friends with a monger or two or even three and conversate about your upcoming trip.

As for me the best piece of advice is to treat your whole trip as if you were in the hood (ghetto) when dealing with people especially chicas. My first trip was to SDQ and I just returned from Sosua and I tell you you will never be the same and you will never look at another American chic the same again. Welcome to the fantasy Island. :mrgreen:

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but that was and is the absolute truth since I have been back! It's like unless I see a dominicana or an absolutely smoking chick, I don't think about looking twice or want to hear the typical BS from american women.
I do have to tell a funny story regarding these feelings. When I got back from my trip to the DR. There is this young very hot trainer at the gym that chats me up at least 30 minutes every time I see her. Well, my one buddy, is like ask her out she really likes you. I didn't think much of it, but the signals start to come out, so I ask her to dinner which she said yes to about as fast as I get the words out. Well, I ended up having to cancel due to working late one evening and never set up another time to go out with her. I actually never put any mind to it(still fantasizing about the dominican women):biggrin:. She walks up to me yesterday and the very first thing she says to me is so when are we going out to dinner? I was like oh yeah, I guess I better do this so set up another date to go out. All my friends are fired up that I am doing this and think I have landed the gold mine of the gym, but I am like ok whatever. I just keep mentioning how the women are in the DR(sorry can't speak for Brazilian women since I have never been, but the ones I do know are hot and very flirty, so looking forward to planning a trip there) to my buddies and how different it is from american women. Again, nothing offensive towards the american women, just really like the appeal of the DR women. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

SrSuerte
08-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Daddy999

Don't pass up on the local "P"!

yayow
08-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Daddy999

Don't pass up on the local "P"!

Yeah, often times that is what keeps you going till the next trip. Keeps your dick in shape, for the workout it will get when you return to the D.R.

daddy999
08-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I hear you guys! It is tough, but gotta keep the old poking stick in shape until its next DR adventure. Have to be in "Game Shape":lol: