PDA

View Full Version : Caution - take care if you wife up

WickedWillie
08-13-2009, 09:30 AM
I was told this story the other night.

A long term, very experienced Sosua resident, had recently wifed up a chica for a couple of days, treated her very well with all the usual stuff then cut her loose.

A few days later he was served with a court summons alleging among other things physical and mental abuse, violence and fraudulent misrepresentation and she was demanding 50,000 pesos damages with a court hearing set a few days later.

Now whilst this was all obviously bull-shit and another typical gringo money grab, he had no option but to retain a lawyer and was advised to settle as this was the 3rd similar case that his lawyer had seen in a week from chicas using the same lawyer. One can only imagine that there has been other cases too.

It seems that a slimeball lawyer/cunt based in Cabarete is currently working in cahoots with some chicas to extort $$$ from gringos.

Long story short he settled for 15,000 pesos plus his lawyers fee of about 8,000 pesos as he knew that any court case could potentially go against him.

Still a good payday for the bitch and the lawyer/cunt.

The local opinion is that you need to make your P4P transactions crystal clear and leave no room for any doubt.

Guys please tread very carefully.

DominicanBilly
08-13-2009, 09:48 AM
There is no such thing as a "common law marriage" in the Dominican Republic. Living together is never equivalent to a normal marriage. Living together gives them no rights unless you have children together or they have receipts for furniture they bought with their (your) money.

However, certain provisions in the Labor Code, the Minors Code and the Criminal Code acknowledge that living together has legal consequences. For example, a worker has the right to a few days off work if his or her companion gives birth to his child; domestic violence to a companion treated the same as domestic violence to a wife. (They will be quick to accuse of this if they get the chance and this is the only real danger.)
On October 17, 2001, a Supreme Court decision gave a surviving concubine the right to sue for the wrongful death of her companion in an automobile accident under very restrictive conditions: a) the couple must have lived as if they were husband and wife, in a public relationship, not hidden or secret; b) the relationship must be stable and long-lasting; c) the relationship must be monogamous and non-adulterous since its origins ; and d) the couple should be of different sexes. The ruling goes on to say expressly that "marriage and extra matrimonial companionship are not equivalent realities”.

Other courts have expanded these rights to other areas but are in the process of appeals. A bill has also been introduced in Congress to create common law marriages. I doubt it will pass since the Catholic Church is dead set against it.

eastcoastallstar
08-13-2009, 01:51 PM
I rather pay a motochoncho driver the 15,000 pesos to crash into her.

BlueDevil
08-13-2009, 05:05 PM

A long term, very experienced Sosua resident, had recently wifed up a chica for a couple of days, treated her very well with all the usual stuff then cut her loose.

A few days later he was served with a court summons alleging among other things physical and mental abuse, violence and fraudulent misrepresentation and she was demanding 50,000 pesos damages with a court hearing set a few days later.

Now whilst this was all obviously bull-shit and another typical gringo money grab, he had no option but to retain a lawyer and was advised to settle as this was the 3rd similar case that his lawyer had seen in a week from chicas using the same lawyer. One can only imagine that there has been other cases too.

It seems that a slimeball lawyer/cunt based in Cabarete is currently working in cahoots with some chicas to extort $$$ from gringos.

Long story short he settled for 15,000 pesos plus his lawyers fee of about 8,000 pesos as he knew that any court case could potentially go against him.

The local opinion is that you need to make your P4P transactions crystal clear and leave no room for any doubt.

RD $ 15,000 on top of her fee is a great pay day for a few days of work. Caveat emptor, amigos!

weyland
08-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks Willie, good story and warning!

But there is some ambiguity in your post.

Now whilst this was all obviously bull-shit and another typical gringo money grab ... it seems that a slimeball lawyer/cunt based in Cabarete is currently working in cahoots with some chicas to extort $$$ from gringos.
This quote suggests that anyone could be set-up and this was a preconceived scam. The chica would have lied through her teeth regardless of how the punter behaved.

The local opinion is that [b]you need to make your P4P transactions crystal clear and leave no room for any doubt[b].

But this quote suggests that the punter left some opening, or gave her some provocation, or could have been interpreted wrongly, in whatever trivial and innocent way.

In the first scenario, it won't really help us to "tread carefully" as we could be targeted whatever we do and however we act.

In the second scenario we must beware of "giving hostages". I have been very guilty of this in the past by encouraging chicas to believe they had a more longstanding "gig" than turned out to be the case. I now know that such chicas could well become bitter or revengeful and I will be a lot more careful in future. I have been lucky that my naïve enthusiasm has not got me into trouble. As time passes it is more likely that I will have "got away with it" but chicas have long memories.

I should add that in my case I was not deliberately deceiving the chicas, just getting carried away by my own optimism and enthusiasm for the "relationship". Deliberately "leading them on" to obtain free or cheaper sex is practiced, sometimes boasted about, by some members here but it is not a game I have the nerve (or stomach) for. Such mongers might be even more in danger of legal action.

The other point is that resident gringos, or frequent repeat visitors, make better targets. The "hit and run" weekend warriors would be harder to catch.

Corrado
08-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Why did he believe the case would go against him? her lawyer connected to the judge? His lawyer not have enough juice at the court house? Or perhaps......he is not being completely honest?

Making the transaction clear and without doubt? How? A person can sue you for any reason? If it is a scam to begin with.....agreement and clarity on her part means nothing (her intent is to be dishonest with you from jump). The only way to avoid this (in civil court) is to have a neutral 3rd party present the entire time watching her ....and you, video the entire encounter ( with her giving her name, age and date of birth on camera, holding a current photo ID up to the lens, stating she has not consumed drugs or alcohol in the last 18 hours, and consenting to have no strings attached sex and after completion leaving never to return) , or have her sign a statement in front of a notary after you have sex with her.

mikelodge
08-13-2009, 07:05 PM
RD $ 15,000 on top of her fee is a great pay day for a few days of work. Caveat emptor, amigos!

That lawyer/cunt should get some good old dog eat dog Laissez faire payback because the buyers in these type of cases are being bitten by a pack of dogs and wild packs of dogs are legally able to be disposed of if they are seen chasing or bringing down game in most states. So yes beware buyers but if you catch one where the hunting regulations are differernt improvise as EastCoast said I hope she gets hit by a motochonco or better yet a truck hauling scrap metal.

MrHappy
08-14-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm betting the document for the court hearing was fake too, just to scare the guy.

But, as a long time resident, he should have been more cognizant of what kind of scams run here.

If a chick came to me with something like this, I'd be laughing for a week.

DRJones
08-14-2009, 08:59 AM
What is the name of the female Cabarete lawyer who brought this action? Inquiring minds want to know.

WickedWillie
08-14-2009, 09:06 AM
What is the name of the female Cabarete lawyer who brought this action? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know if the lawyer is male or female. I too would like to know their name.

WickedWillie
08-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm betting the document for the court hearing was fake too, just to scare the guy.

But, as a long time resident, he should have been more cognizant of what kind of scams run here.

If a chick came to me with something like this, I'd be laughing for a week.

MrH I respect that you are a long term resident with much experience and yes we are all aware of the bullshit that goes on here but I guess you've never been served papers here. Trust me when it happens you want to take it seriously.

By the way the papers were not served by the chica but by the prosecuting lawyer along with a representative with ID (bailiff/marshal) from the court, as is normal here in the DR.

WickedWillie
08-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Why did he believe the case would go against him?

I stated that he apparently felt the case could POTENTIALLY go against him.

A distinct possibility in any countries legal system in a "he said - she said" type of case, and especially true here.

I'm sure you understand the situation of being a gringo in the DR legal system. Even if you are in the right and have 100% bullet proof evidence to support that, there is no guarantee that you would prevail.

WickedWillie
08-14-2009, 09:51 AM
The chica would have lied through her teeth regardless of how the punter behaved. Don't they all!!!!!!!

But this quote suggests that the punter left some opening, or gave her some provocation, or could have been interpreted wrongly, in whatever trivial and innocent way.

In the first scenario, it won't really help us to "tread carefully" as we could be targeted whatever we do and however we act.

In the second scenario we must beware of "giving hostages". I have been very guilty of this in the past by encouraging chicas to believe they had a more longstanding "gig" than turned out to be the case. I now know that such chicas could well become bitter or revengeful and I will be a lot more careful in future. I have been lucky that my naïve enthusiasm has not got me into trouble. As time passes it is more likely that I will have "got away with it" but chicas have long memories.

I should add that in my case I was not deliberately deceiving the chicas, just getting carried away by my own optimism and enthusiasm for the "relationship". Deliberately "leading them on" to obtain free or cheaper sex is practiced, sometimes boasted about, by some members here but it is not a game I have the nerve (or stomach) for. Such mongers might be even more in danger of legal action.

The other point is that resident gringos, or frequent repeat visitors, make better targets. The "hit and run" weekend warriors would be harder to catch.

I don't have any solution short of getting written notarised contracts, I merely put this out of there so we are pre-warned that this is going on and going on NOW.

I have, of course, on many, many occassions acted just as you described, we can bullshit and lie as much as they do.

Whilst scams against gringos are as old as the hills (or you:lol:!!) it does seems that this lawyer has currently hit apon a revenue stream that we need to be aware of.

By the way I think the weekend "hit and run" warriors are at least an equal target.

WickedWillie
08-14-2009, 09:53 AM

That my friend may well happen.

Remember "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Personally I prefer battery acid.:lol::lol::lol:

Trib
08-14-2009, 11:00 AM

OMG too funny. I spit my coffee out reading this one!!!!!!!!!!

Beads
08-15-2009, 12:04 PM
This case rings a little strange and I think we are missing some key facts someplace.

Hemp
08-15-2009, 12:21 PM
There are always pieces of the puzzle missing!!! which is why i take stories like this like a grain of salt when they pop up. Its easy to say "o he was scamed and she was lieing" but if history has taught us anything i.e. the now infamous tittytwister scandal....

There is always more to the story!

This case rings a little strange and I think we are missing some key facts someplace.

bentwire
08-15-2009, 01:57 PM
I dont belive it for a second, show me the artical where it was posted,,,, its BS

FriendlyDJ
08-15-2009, 04:21 PM
True or not, I appreciate the post. Just another reminder to stay on your toes when dealing with the chicas in DR.

SrSuerte
08-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Would the name of the lawyer be on the papers that were served with a contact information? What if the lawyer of the accused wanted to contact his lawyer? I am sure that the guy that was served with the papers could find the name of her lawyer. That would be good to know. If not too bad. If they fuck with the wrong person, they are going to see some backlash like they have never seen before. Is it possible to retrieve the name of the Lawyer from any of the paperwork?

Cuba Libre
08-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Would the name of the lawyer be on the papers that were served with a contact information? What if the lawyer of the accused wanted to contact his lawyer? I am sure that the guy that was served with the papers could find the name of her lawyer. That would be good to know. If not too bad. If they fuck with the wrong person, they are going to see some backlash like they have never seen before. Is it possible to retrieve the name of the Lawyer from any of the paperwork?

The chica, chulo, fiscal, both attorney's, police and the judge all work together, when you grasp this concept you will understand the Dominican legal system!

They all have a common goal, extract as much cash from the gringo.

SrSuerte
08-15-2009, 04:48 PM
I am gong to call Chris Hansen, Bill O'reilly, Soledad Obrein, or even Geraldo at Large on there asses!

init4ass
08-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, here are my 2 cents.

Look at this from the scamming chicas side. How many married men sneak down to Sosua and fuck these girls over somehow or promise them the world? How many men climb up in them raw with a disease (HIV) or get them prego, to leave them with a baby they can't take care of? How many men screw them out of the money they are promised for services?

Don't get me wrong, I am not agreeing with thier behavior, but "what goes round..."

The game plays both ways fellas.

Dick Dawson
08-15-2009, 11:46 PM
If this is true, a pic of the alleged scammer to be placed in the Hall of Shame would be nice.

Elvis
08-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Well, here are my 2 cents.

Look at this from the scamming chicas side. How many married men sneak down to Sosua and fuck these girls over somehow or promise them the world? How many men climb up in them raw with a disease (HIV) or get them prego, to leave them with a baby they can't take care of? How many men screw them out of the money they are promised for services?

Don't get me wrong, I am not agreeing with thier behavior, but "what goes round..."

The game plays both ways fellas.

How is this different when dominican men do this to them ? Besides, if some guy is promising the world to some hooker in Sosua, he must get his head examined and deserves to get played for being a dumb fuck :D

You know why the girls do this..

Rarely do you see Dominican guys falling in love with putas - they're just for recreation. Despite being a monger, DR prostitutes are the considered low class and hang out with concho guys and deadbeats. They're might exceptions (they won't steal from you), but in the end they're probably try to scam you using other methods. So some guys are treating these prostitutes as girlfriends, and since Dominican women tend to believe that being nice is a sign of weakness, they abuse it ! And worst if it's a prostitute or cuero!

It's like if you seek out to hang around ghetto ass or streetwalkers in the USA. C'mon who would you wife up a street girl ?

yayow
08-16-2009, 09:44 AM
How is this different when dominican men do this to them ? Besides, if some guy is promising the world to some hooker in Sosua, he must get his head examined and deserves to get played for being a dumb fuck :D

Rarely do you see Dominican guys falling in love with putas - they're just for recreation. Despite being a monger, DR prostitutes are the considered low class and hang out with concho guys and deadbeats. They're might exceptions (they won't steal from you), but in the end they're probably try to scam you using other methods. So some guys are treating these prostitutes as girlfriends, and since Dominican women tend to believe that being nice is a sign of weakness, they abuse it ! And worst if it's a prostitute or cuero!

It's like if you seek out to hang around ghetto ass or streetwalkers in the USA. C'mon who would you wife up a street girl ?

Everything you said there is true, the same guys who in the states would never try to have a wifey situation or girlfriend situation, or any feelings whatsoever with a hooker that they met up in the states.

But they come down here and they fall head over heels with the Dominican equivalent:confused: That's why they can play the tourist and can't play the Dominican because the Dominican knows what she is about and the tourist falls for the allure, charm, the tropical surroundings, and the fantasy that she provides.

Having said that of course they aren't all hookers, but if you met her in Sosua, especially in one of the hooker clubs, guess what!

eldorob
08-16-2009, 10:14 AM
I won't say this couldn't happen to just anybody - But - Most "marks" set themselves up.

A con man won't go forward on someone that is not an easy mark, or someone that doesn't have the money, or someone that will put up a fight.

A lot of these chicas are small time con-artists and they start sizing you up the minute you look their way. If they see a possible score, they go to the next step.

She judged this guy as a "mark" and took it to fruition. And scored.

Corrado
08-16-2009, 10:56 AM

Everything you said there is true, the same guys who in the states would never try to have a wifey situation or girlfriend situation, or any feelings whatsoever with a hooker that they met up in the states.

But they come down here and they fall head over heels with the Dominican equivalent:confused: That's why they can play the tourist and can't play the Dominican because the Dominican knows what she is about and the tourist falls for the allure, charm, the tropical surroundings, and the fantasy that she provides.

Having said that of course they aren't all hookers, but if you met her in Sosua, especially in one of the hooker clubs, guess what!

People need to read, reread and then read this again.......the above posts will set your game up to another level......everything in its place and a place for everything.

I won't say this couldn't happen to just anybody - But - Most "marks" set themselves up.

A con man won't go forward on someone that is not an easy mark, or someone that doesn't have the money, or someone that will put up a fight.

A lot of these chicas are small time con-artists and they start sizing you up the minute you look their way. If they see a possible score, they go to the next step.

She judged this guy as a "mark" and took it to fruition. And scored.

Cats need to reread this also. This will also set your game up another level...recognize a hustle, recognize a hustler, recognize new scripts in the game (the game is the same, scripts just change for the mark).

carolinajack
08-16-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm in Cabarete now - flight out tomorrow - cool trip - will post report later...

...BUT I've heard from two ex pats living here that - this is the newest scam. Claim mental/emotional abuse - maybe even physical (if she has some lumps and bumps from her DR boyfriend) - but throw it all at some gringo who will more than likely lawyer up and settle.

Hit it (the pussy) and quit it!

eastcoastallstar
08-16-2009, 11:42 AM
So, what if this happens, what stops the gringo from saying fuck you, you worthless puta, and jumping on the next plane back home. I doubt they have the technology to put you on a no fly list. I'm thinking if you can just make it to the next town, your home free.

any thoughts?

But either way, the bitch and her lawyer better be careful crossing the street.

The judge will be like, So where is the plantiff and her counsel?

carolinajack
08-16-2009, 11:45 AM
So, what if this happens, what stops the gringo from saying fuck you, you worthless puta, and jumping on the next plane back home. I doubt they have the technology to put you on a no fly list. I'm thinking if you can just make it to the next town, your home free.

any thoughts?

From the stories I've heard they're hitting guys who live here;
by the same token they probably know who to fuck with and who not too.

yayow
08-16-2009, 12:11 PM
From the stories I've heard they're hitting guys who live here;
by the same token they probably know who to fuck with and who not too.

That is why it is always better to try and not be the ugly American; if it can be avoided. Remember somewhat it is true they don't want to scare the golden goose away with too many false claims, because it could dent tourism. But you must remember you are in their backyard, and therefore should try and act accordingly.

In my most recent situation, I happen to feel that the friendships and the reputation I developed and forged in my time in Sosua, and remember I hadn't been there in over 10 months but they remembered me, and I feel it helped me avoid further problems with the local authorities. As bad as things were, solely my own doing by the way, they could have been far worse.

By the way C.J. looking forward to your report, always fun to see things from your perspective.

eastcoastallstar
08-16-2009, 12:13 PM
That is why it is always better to try and not be the ugly American; if it can be avoided. Remember somewhat it is true they don't want to scare the golden goose away with too many false claims, because it could dent tourism. But you must remember you are in their backyard, and therefore should try and act accordingly.

In my most recent situation, I happen to feel that the friendships and the reputation I developed and forged in my time in Sosua, and remember I hadn't been there in over 10 months but they remembered me, and I feel it helped me avoid further problems with the local authorities. As bad as things were, solely my own doing by the way, they could have been far worse.

What did yoUUU do?

yayow
08-16-2009, 12:21 PM
[/yellow]What did yoUUU do?

Perhaps (no promises) I will touch upon the details at another time; and I have briefly touched upon the situation before, but to do so now would be a thread jack and would take this thread to another place, where it doesn't need to go, especially since such good info is being shared in the current thread.

WickedWillie
08-16-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm in Cabarete now - flight out tomorrow - cool trip - will post report later...

...BUT I've heard from two ex pats living here that - this is the newest scam. Claim mental/emotional abuse - maybe even physical (if she has some lumps and bumps from her DR boyfriend) - but throw it all at some gringo who will more than likely lawyer up and settle.

Hit it (the pussy) and quit it!

Hence my original post, thanks for confirming the story from other sources, albeit hearsay.

The point is when you are served a court summons here in the DR, with a court appearance scheduled only 3 or 4 days away, you really have no choice but to lawyer up....and then as Cuba Libre pointed out earlier in the thread you are in the system and will pay one way or another.

It's also worth bearing in mind that from my info it is 1 particular lawyer based in Cabarete that is putting this in motion only with chicas from Cabarete, and as such must surely represent only a very small percentage of chicas out there.

WickedWillie
08-16-2009, 05:27 PM
So, what if this happens, what stops the gringo from saying fuck you, you worthless puta, and jumping on the next plane back home.
I doubt they have the technology to put you on a no fly list. I'm thinking if you can just make it to the next town, your home free.

any thoughts?

EC I understand your scepticism but next time you are here, go and ask a lawyer or a fiscal and look into how quickly an "impediemente de salida" can be put on your ass.

The technology is there and working thanks to Uncle Sam.

Been there and done that and it ain't pretty.

Oh and if you're a no-show at court, fully expect judgement to be made against you in your absence. You can then cross the DR off your list of countries you can visit.

DRJones
08-16-2009, 07:46 PM

What is the name of this lawyer from Cabarete. Those of us from Cabarete would really like to know and perhaps may be of some assistance in this regard. Otherwise this is just a bunch of hearsay, although it has the ring of truth, I must say!

JuanElGriego
08-16-2009, 09:01 PM

While i agree with almost all of this, the only thing i might take issue with is comparing a Dominican 'puta' to a "ghetto ass or street girl" as you say, in the US. Any able-bodied woman can have a decent job and make a decent living in the US. Quick example ...

Temp salaries generally start at $11.54 per hour for this type of position.

Provide security checks of buildings, parking garages and parking lots on University Grounds. Some positions function as toll booth collectors where typical duties may include collecting parking fees or validating tickets.

Required Minimum Level of Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent

She aint gonna be rich, but $500 a week to validate tickets aint a bad gig. If you're a street girl in the US, its something wrong with you.

I don't think it's that simple in the DR simply because of the complete lack of opportunities for women over there, so a Dominican puta may very well be a completely normal girl with no other options.

Now please don't mistake this as supporting wifey-ing up a chick that blew you in Sosua .... i just wanted to compare the US-Dom whore thing you touched on.

daking
09-28-2009, 09:17 PM

:iconTU:

SeaWeed
09-29-2009, 08:00 PM
seriously doubt this story and even if it was true it is all BS as it would never hold up in Court as chicas in day or a week relationship with a guy would never constitute a legal union..........of course if they have been living together for an extended period it be a whole different ballgame