PDA

View Full Version : Working in the D.R...looking for summer 2010 gig

yourmama
08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I have my summers off and I DJ (all genres...including Latin). I would love to get a summer gig in the D.R. I need to start planning now since I am starting to get wedding inquiries/bookings for next summer. Anybody have insight as to how I might go about contacting the right people about a gig/gigs?

Hemp
08-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I wonder if your the DJ i met coming out of the market next to NEW GARDEN HOTEL some time ago...you spoke perfect english and you helped me translate something difficult i was trying to get across to the clerk??? we had a quick convo about your gig's around D.R. at the time...i think you were headed back to NY the next day

Juggles
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure DJ'ing the DR is the best use of your time.

As told by Cheeno, Classico's DJ, you make $100-300 pesos a night working from 9pm till 5am. If this sounds attractive, then inquire.

sosuaman
08-18-2009, 02:59 PM
go down with the idea of having fun while living in paradise at the same time
make enough to pay rent and buy food -
if you are going only to make (good) money - you may want to pick a different country

osanhopps
08-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Look if you want to DJ in the DR make sure that you have some money stashed away. Because the money you will make will not be enough to survive on. Now if you just want the experience and have access to the ladies it is a good gig. But you must go there with the idea of having a good time. That is first and foremost, enjoy it.

MrHappy
08-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Try getting in touch with some of the DJ's listed on 809K.com

http://www.809k.com/index.php

Trib
08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I have my summers off and I DJ (all genres...including Latin). I would love to get a summer gig in the D.R. I need to start planning now since I am starting to get wedding inquiries/bookings for next summer. Anybody have insight as to how I might go about contacting the right people about a gig/gigs?

Sounds like a blast if you are looking for the fun part of it like the guys above said. If you can run don't walk to book the time because you only live once.