PDA

View Full Version : 08/2009 - Big D'S on the Beach

Hoseman
08-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Big D's on the Beach has excellent Ribs with Beer but Chicken cooked on a Drum Grill.There have been others on this site who have visited and testied to the great tase of his food and what an excellent Host he is. He is located at Shed #110 you can't miss it a He is a big guy and there is a big Drum Pit out front with Wooden Pic-nic Tables.

Mr. Smooth
08-27-2009, 01:43 PM
Sounds like I'll stop by today for some lunch.

Juggles
08-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Passed by a couple of times. Didn't know if he was just cooking (on the weekend) for some friends or if he was in business. He needs more publicity/ marketing.

Gonna check it out!!!

rushdog34
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM
while there i was trying to spread the word out for the people to try him... i literrally sat there for 3-4 hours and helped myself to 2 servings lol i wasnt hungry again untill 11 that night

carolinajack
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
while there i was trying to spread the word out for the people to try him... i literrally sat there for 3-4 hours and helped myself to 2 servings lol i wasnt hungry again untill 11 that night

LOL...don't feel guilty - did the same myself. Polished of a plate of chicken first - then ribs.

rushdog34
08-27-2009, 05:28 PM
i had chicken and ribs... then went back for more chicken..

he has these wraps he puts butter on and puts on the grill that he gave to me for my second plate. kind of a chicken wrap... wwoonnddeerrffuull lol..

LOL...don't feel guilty - did the same myself. Polished of a plate of chicken first - then ribs.

JuanElGriego
08-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Gonna stop by my next trip.

Like others, i saw him my last trip but wasn't sure what the deal was.

Mr. Pink was down there at the same time i was and everytime he'd pass by he asked him "are you Hempstead"?? :rofl::rofl:

bpl0116
08-28-2009, 01:13 AM
what casa is it

psriches
08-28-2009, 06:53 AM
what casa is itNot sure what you mean but the first post says "shed #110"!!

thunderstar
08-28-2009, 08:53 AM
Shed number 110 - or shack or hut. Hermans is 151 - this place that the OP talks of is Shack No. 110.

bklyndrguy
08-28-2009, 01:41 PM
is this a new place ? i used to hang out at hermans loved that place good food i used to order steak it was yummy and he is aslo a great guy and alot of help will be down in a month and will check out this big D place

KoKi9290
08-29-2009, 12:12 AM
You can't miss him.

mikelodge
08-29-2009, 01:13 AM
You can't miss him.

Great BBQ is wonderful and I will try him but has anyone noticed about $8 for half a chicken with very little shown for sides in the picture of the quarter on the foam plate. Maybe I am just a over eater but it looks like I would need $20 there to get full with those prices at a beach stand. Fuddruckers has 1/3 pound burgers and fries with drink for $4.99 and has 1 dollar bottles of beer all day and that is with USA overhead and taxes. Does he offer an all-U-can eat option??

dunedain
08-29-2009, 01:22 AM
I must get to this place.

This is some good looking food!!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324a98baab503ad.gif (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=61219)

thanks to everyone for the info!!

mikelodge
08-29-2009, 01:27 AM
I must get to this place.

This is some good looking food!!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=61219)

thanks to everyone for the info!!

I love you animated stuff, I wish I knew how to do that. Thanks

carolinajack
08-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Great BBQ is wonderful and I will try him but has anyone noticed about $8 for half a chicken with very little shown for sides in the picture of the quarter on the foam plate. Maybe I am just a over eater but it looks like I would need $20 there to get full with those prices at a beach stand. Fuddruckers has 1/3 pound burgers and fries with drink for $4.99 and has 1 dollar bottles of beer all day and that is with USA overhead and taxes. Does he offer an all-U-can eat option??

What options does Fuddruckers offer in terms of chicas and sunning away on the beach?

All I'm saying is keep it in perspective.

A buddy just got back from Las Vegas, picked him up from the airport. In the ride to his house he told me about paying $150 for a soapie that was strictly a handjob for the "happy ending"...and $700 for a chick in his room that would NOT fuck him...he got to cum in her mouth WITH a condom. She basically gave him a glorified lapdance... fullservice would have been $1000 - GFE $2000.

He's eats...all comped because this was his thrid trip there within the last 5 months.

Perspective.

mikelodge
08-29-2009, 01:54 AM
What options does Fuddruckers offer in terms of chicas and sunning away on the beach?

All I'm saying is keep it in perspective.

A buddy just got back from Las Vegas, picked him up from the airport. In the ride to his house he told me about paying $150 for a soapie that was strictly a handjob for the "happy ending"...and $700 for a chick in his room that would NOT fuck him...he got to cum in her mouth WITH a condom. She basically gave him a glorified lapdance... fullservice would have been $1000 - GFE $2000.

He's eats...all comped because this was his thrid trip there within the last 5 months.

Perspective.

Great point and thank you for putting it so politely real. I agree as I stated I will try it and if it rocks you will hear about it in November right here. As I have mentioned on other posts if there is a meal for $30 worth every penny I will be there but if a small taco stand has 3 for a dollar basic tacos like Mexico and dollar beers with wonderful sauces, salsas, fixins to go with it I will be there every night for my after drinking second supper. My biggest adjustment is going from Central America where a street or beach stand is Pollo entiro for $3 to the DR.

sosuaman
08-29-2009, 11:03 AM
will definitely check it out .. thanks for the info

bklyndrguy
08-29-2009, 12:42 PM
sosuaman ill join u for lunch will be sept 29-oct 11

trEPP33
08-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Was there yesterday and ordered the ribs. Funny thing is I was going to start a thread today regarding this place. I would say it's about halfway down the beach and right before you get to the Jamaican dudes selling the hand made bracelets. Food is great and there is more than enough for one person unless maybe you're the size of Big D. I am a big guy that eats. I gave away a nice sized rib to the maid and ate until i was full. I still had enough left over for a plate late last night. My chica had the ribs and chicken and the chicken was good too. Definitely a must and I'll be back there at least once before I return home.

Hemp
08-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Place sounds good... does this Big D actually own the place?

biggun1221
08-29-2009, 03:57 PM

I have to agree about the portions being served. By the way the chickens in the D R are about the size of a cornish hen her in the States.

daddy999
08-30-2009, 02:46 AM
I love you animated stuff, I wish I knew how to do that. Thanks

Yeah, dundain has some great animations. We may have to have him do a thread on how to do that stuff? I definitely have no clue how to do that.

gmalet
08-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Yes thats Derrick. My understanding is he used to be a Chef and decided to get the fuck out of the states and live in the Caribbean.

DCIronman
08-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Great point and thank you for putting it so politely real. I agree as I stated I will try it and if it rocks you will hear about it in November right here. As I have mentioned on other posts if there is a meal for $30 worth every penny I will be there but if a small taco stand has 3 for a dollar basic tacos like Mexico and dollar beers with wonderful sauces, salsas, fixins to go with it I will be there every night for my after drinking second supper. My biggest adjustment is going from Central America where a street or beach stand is Pollo entiro for $3 to the DR.

Well I gotta warn ya. I haven't been to an establishment in the DR that gives you the size servings that you get here in the states. The US is notorious for serving excessive portions.

It's actually a good thing. I always find that I lose a few pounds when I'm in the DR. I guess it's the smaller portions, fewer preservatives in the food, and sport fucking numerous chicas. I once returned from a month long stay to find that I'd lost little over ten pounds.

mikelodge
08-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Well I gotta warn ya. I haven't been to an establishment in the DR that gives you the size servings that you get here in the states. The US is notorious for serving excessive portions.

It's actually a good thing. I always find that I lose a few pounds when I'm in the DR. I guess it's the smaller portions, fewer preservatives in the food, and sport fucking numerous chicas. I once returned from a month long stay to find that I'd lost little over ten pounds.

I suspect the Sport Fucking was the main reason. My doctor has told me I should get more active and in this case I think I should follow doctors orders. Walking back and forth around Sosua looking for the right spinner for the night will help with the cardio and calorie burning as well.

carolinajack
08-30-2009, 02:27 PM

Right on point about preservatives and portions. Part of the reason DR chickens are so much smaller than their U S cousins is they arent as doped up on steroids.

There's alot out there on how our diets and eating habits have made us the fattest and unhealthiest nation in the world in comparison to even what we would call "third world".

mikelodge
08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Right on point about preservatives and portions. Part of the reason DR chickens are so much smaller than their U S cousins is they arent as doped up on steroids.

There's alot out there on how our diets and eating habits have made us the fattest and unhealthiest nation in the world in comparison to even what we would call "third world".

KFC's Buffet might have just taken a need hit there.

JuanElGriego
08-30-2009, 09:57 PM

Craziest portions i've seen is in Colombian restaurants here in the states.

They give you enough food to feed a fuckin' army.

Personally, it doesn't make any difference what the portions are because just because someone throws a mound of food on my plate doesn't mean i have to eat like a pig in a trough. I'll eat as much as i want.

Even eating "doped up" American food or even fast food, you can still be in shape if you just eat reasonable amounts and find 3 hours a week to exercise. Just look at Chad Johnson from the Bengals ... eats McDonald's like it's going out of style but he's built like a rock cuz he eats normal amounts and EXERCISES!!!!

It's really just that simple yet companies have made billions off people looking for an even easier way to be in shape, like all that crap they sell to lose weight but include at the tail end of the commercial or in fine print ... "as part of a healthy diet and exercise". Well if you had a healthy diet and exercised you'd get in shape even without taking that crap being sold to you!!!! :rolleyes:

carolinajack
08-31-2009, 04:20 AM

Personally, it doesn't make any difference what the portions are because just because someone throws a mound of food on my plate doesn't mean i have to eat like a pig in a trough. I'll eat as much as i want.

Even eating "doped up" American food or even fast food, you can still be in shape if you just eat reasonable amounts and find 3 hours a week to exercise. Just look at Chad Johnson from the Bengals ... eats McDonald's like it's going out of style but he's built like a rock cuz he eats normal amounts and EXERCISES!!!!

It's really just that simple yet companies have made billions off people looking for an even easier way to be in shape, like all that crap they sell to lose weight but include at the tail end of the commercial or in fine print ... "as part of a healthy diet and exercise". Well if you had a healthy diet and exercised you'd get in shape even without taking that crap being sold to you!!!! :rolleyes:

Don't know if I'd use Chad Johnson or any other pro athlete as an example...that mofo doesn't exercise...he WORKS OUT! You don't get cut like that scarfing down McDonalds and hitting the gym for 3 hours a week...and I know that's not what you're implying but still...

...I'm sure like most high paid pros he has a personal chef and trainer who plan his meals, and MickeyD's is his one great indulgence on occassion.

We're just so used to getting these trough like portions here in the States that when served a true plate of food we freak; and unlike you most don't know how to walk away...what kills me is when I see some sow of woman inhaling a meal that could feed 2 or 3 and then ordering a "diet Pepsi" like that's gonna balance shit out.

mikelodge
08-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Don't know if I'd use Chad Johnson or any other pro athlete as an example...that mofo doesn't exercise...he WORKS OUT! You don't get cut like that scarfing down McDonalds and hitting the gym for 3 hours a week...and I know that's not what you're implying but still...

...I'm sure like most high paid pros he has a personal chef and trainer who plan his meals, and MickeyD's is his one great indulgence on occassion.

We're just so used to getting these trough like portions here in the States that when served a true plate of food we freak; and unlike you most don't know how to walk away...what kills me is when I see some sow of woman inhaling a meal that could feed 2 or 3 and then ordering a "diet Pepsi" like that's gonna balance shit out.

Oh how true about the sow of a woman. The other night after bars we stopped at Denny's for Breakfast. A short very fat young woman about 24 at the next table order the FarmHand breakfast. The waitress said do you want bacon or sausage with that. She said both the breakfast with the eggs and pancakes and hashbrowns and sausage with bacon on the side and a Diet Coke. The waitress said ok one FarmHand with a side of bacon and a diet.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414a9c000852557.jpg (javascript:void(0))

SeaWeed
08-31-2009, 01:53 PM
gotta try Big D's.........thanks for the heads up........
the portions overall in the DR aren't huge for sure........the only Caribbean Island I've been to where the portions are big as back home is Jamaica....
one Jerk Chicken and Rice Peas meal is usually enuff for two people in Jamaica.....

Hemp
08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
Great post!!! i met Chad Johnson on the 4th of july on south beach....very cool humble guy in person! on camera i think its mostly to sell tickets. anyway...Americans have it waaaay wrong with all these different diets and excercises to loose weight! 3 yrs ago i looked in the mirror and didnt like the excess baggage i had gained (mainly from college) i said im going to start working out (boxing fitness)....started 4 days a week for an hour a day and lost 40 pounds in about 3 months. I still ate what i wanted just ate it in moderation.

loosing weight is sooooo simple and easy. all it takes is a lil dicipline.

nnjdave
08-31-2009, 11:18 PM
I hear you, but gotta say, I love Crunchberrys with Diet Coke.:corky:

...what kills me is when I see some sow of woman inhaling a meal that could feed 2 or 3 and then ordering a "diet Pepsi" like that's gonna balance shit out.

dunedain
08-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh how true about the sow of a woman. The other night after bars we stopped at Denny's for Breakfast. A short very fat young woman about 24 at the next table order the FarmHand breakfast. The waitress said do you want bacon or sausage with that. She said both the breakfast with the eggs and pancakes and hashbrowns and sausage with bacon on the side and a Diet Coke. The waitress said ok one FarmHand with a side of bacon and a diet.

Click to see pic (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

:eek2: damn lodge!!

so true dave!!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324a9c9466b1525.gif

mikelodge
08-31-2009, 11:43 PM
:eek2: damn lodge!!

so true dave!!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/106324a9c9466b1525.gif)

She's puurrrtteee

snoozer
09-01-2009, 12:36 AM

Click to see pic (javascript:void(0))

There has to be some rule on ISOC about posting pics such as this, if not there should be. Cease and desist Snr. Lodge.

Hemp
09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Yea i was told...him and his pal El Tibby have been tryin to hunt me down for some time now, LOL.....:p

Gonna stop by my next trip.

Like others, i saw him my last trip but wasn't sure what the deal was.

Mr. Pink was down there at the same time i was and everytime he'd pass by he asked him "are you Hempstead"?? :rofl::rofl:

RickRock
09-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I ate there 3 times in the past 5 days and his food is outstanding. This is a must stop for anyone who loves good old BBQ cooking at a very good price....

prtyr2
09-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Do we know where big D is from? I am a BBQ fan but lean towards texas BBQ. There is a guy in Boca that does BBQ and he was from Atlanta, it was surprisingly good. I will definitely stop by next time I hit the north coast. Of course I plan on buying a grill to keep on the roof of my apt so I can do some grilling. . . ...yummy. . .I am bringing down 2 7 lb briskets I just bought in texas!

mikelodge
09-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Do we know where big D is from? I am a BBQ fan but lean towards texas BBQ. There is a guy in Boca that does BBQ and he was from Atlanta, it was surprisingly good. I will definitely stop by next time I hit the north coast. Of course I plan on buying a grill to keep on the roof of my apt so I can do some grilling. . . ...yummy. . .I am bringing down 2 7 lb briskets I just bought in texas!

He is from his mother!:rofl: Only kidding Man. Great point about BBQ though from different areas. This was done once on the travel channel with Kansas City Style compared to Memphis, Carolina and Texas. The results were poor in my opinion because they had some guys that work on a ranch in California judge. Personally I don't like the Mustard Carolina style and prefer Texas and the KC and St.Louis and Memphis are fine as well. Those Texans do know how to do Beef well.

RickRock
09-02-2009, 02:13 PM
he is from New Jersey he told me it is ok to post his number 829-903-3125. It is a must place to eat stop by and try is BBQ pork chop's WOW
the best i ever had.

carolinajack
09-02-2009, 07:01 PM
He is from his mother!:rofl: Only kidding Man. Great point about BBQ though from different areas. This was done once on the travel channel with Kansas City Style compared to Memphis, Carolina and Texas. The results were poor in my opinion because they had some guys that work on a ranch in California judge. Personally I don't like the Mustard Carolina style and prefer Texas and the KC and St.Louis and Memphis are fine as well. Those Texans do know how to do Beef well.

Another Travel Channel fan...lol:rofl:! Try though we may can't live on pussy alone.

I hear ya on the NC BBQ - that vinegar base kills it...:(:eek:.

KC and Memphis my favs...I hit this spot in Kansas City...off the chain food...ribs, fried chicken and catfish all excellent.

http://www.peachtreerestaurants.com/

Biggest disappointment in KC - Arthur Bryants...not worth the drive over.

Famous Dave's franchise in midwest - is great! They have a restaurant now here in NYC in Times Square - but somehow the food lacks something. Best in NYC: Dinosaur BBQ - uptown off 127th street near the Hudson.

mikelodge
09-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Another Travel Channel fan...lol:rofl:! Try though we may can't live on pussy alone.

KC and Memphis my favs...I hit this spot in Kansas City...off the chain food...ribs, fried chicken and catfish all excellent.

Famous Dave's franchise in midwest - is great! They have a restaurant now here in NYC in Times Square - but somehow the food lacks something. Best in NYC: Dinosaur BBQ - uptown off 127th street near the Hudson.

I know Mr. Dave Anderson and frequent his joint on and in Cross Lake MN. It is all the good food and a boat booze cruise evening all in one. He actually started up by Hayward Wisconsin. Awesome
Rudy's all over Texas is a must stop if you like awesome brisket and ribs. You know its good when rival bike clubs can eat there and agree it is sacred ground.

DCIronman
09-02-2009, 10:00 PM
The absolute best BBQ ever to grace a grill is made in Texas, right in my parent's backyard.:mrgreen:

We have a family recipe for pork ribs, which my mother has yet to bestow upon me (she feels i've yet to prove myself worthy), that has been declared by everyone who's tasted them to be the best ever.

I've traveled all over the U.S., and I've yet to taste it's equal. Of course, I'm a little biased. But my mother has been challenged by other accomplished grill-masters and one after another, they've all had to bow down to her culinary prowess. As I've stated, I don't know the recipe. But I do know that part of the secret is a select, and fiercely guarded combination of woods, and the better part of a day devoted to spending time at or around the grill.

The resulting ribs melt in your mouth. Sauce is optional. I usually go without because it isn't needed.

Seriously, I usually refuse to buy BBQ, especially ribs. It's almost sacrilegious for me to do so, having grown up on the family recipe. I will probably visit Big D's place on the beach. Mostly because I want to support his business. But I'll probably just have the chicken.;)

carolinajack
09-02-2009, 10:10 PM
The absolute best BBQ ever to grace a grill is made in Texas, right in my parent's backyard.:mrgreen:

We have a family recipe for pork ribs, which my mother has yet to bestow upon me (she feels i've yet to prove myself worthy), that has been declared by everyone who's tasted them to be the best ever.

I've traveled all over the U.S., and I've yet to taste it's equal. Of course, I'm a little biased. But my mother has been challenged by other accomplished grill-masters and one after another, they've all had to bow down to her culinary prowess. As I've stated, I don't know the recipe. But I do know that part of the secret is a select, and fiercely guarded combination of woods, and the better part of a day devoted to spending time at or around the grill.

The resulting ribs melt in your mouth. Sauce is optional. I usually go without because it isn't needed.

Seriously, I usually refuse to buy BBQ, especially ribs. It's almost sacrilegious for me to do so, having grown up on the family recipe. I will probably visit Big D's place on the beach. Mostly because I want to support his business. But I'll probably just have the chicken.;)

Sometimes the best cookin' is home cookin'.

I read this and it made my mouth water.

daddy999
09-02-2009, 10:16 PM

Click to see pic (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

You know I concede that dunedain has some pics, but "where in the world "did you come up with this pic!

mikelodge
09-02-2009, 10:22 PM

KC and St. Louis and Memphis all have great one but Texas is uniquely different in most places with more or different use of the woods. I think there are some good BBQ joints in most major cities including MN where here Famous Daves is considered generic. Rudolph's is an institution and some like Market BBQ's. Personally I knew a guy named Ken Davis who has passed (RIP) that I sold a car to who started cooking in his house with his wife Barbara in Minneapolis. She now runs the sauce business (It may only be marketed in the midwest but 3some will know about it) It is some of the best and this was a classic guy living in the inner ciy driving a big old Mercury Full Sized wagon around with cases of the sauce. I still remember him because he joked with me about a white boy knowing good BBQ. A truely great guy, if you get a chance try the sauce.

mikelodge
09-02-2009, 10:25 PM
You know I concede that dunedain has some pics, but "where in the world "did you come up with this pic!

Not from personal experience I assure you because I like spinners and thick chicks do nothing for me let alone these bohemoths. They were in a email sent to me by a twisted sister I know.

mikelodge
09-02-2009, 10:27 PM

PS it looks like you are going to make Halloween. IF you see a guy with BBQ stains on his shoulder or sleeze it may be me.

mikelodge
09-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Sometimes the best cookin' is home cookin'.

I read this and it made my mouth water.

Speaking of BBQ does anyone know of a place within an hour of Sosua that serves Cabrito (baby goat) grilled over the wood or coals? IF you have never had this it is truely a must try resembling pork but I think much better. It is readily available in Mexico served with some fresh Ceviche and and and yum

yayow
09-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Went to Big D's spot for the first time today and treated my man Fred to BBQ, and thorougly enjoyed the meal, get's my recommendation, and plus a good guy to talk to. I will be back.

DCIronman
10-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Alright. I went to Big D's a couple of weeks ago.

Now I now that I posted earlier in this thread that my mom's ribs were the best ever. And I still feel that way. But I gotta admit, that dude nows his way around the grill (not surprising as he was actually born in TX). His culinary genius cannot be disputed. Definitely the best bbq in the area. In two days, my wingmen and I absolutely demolished four racks of ribs and at least two whole chickens.

We also learned that he doesn't mind catering.:iconTU:

He also went out of his way to let us know that he appreciates all of the free internet marketing that he's getting on sites like this one. It's actually resulted in a jump in business for him.

So I'm gonna do my part. His place is a mandatory stop when in Sosua. I've eaten at a lot of places in that little town and I gotta tell ya, D has no competition in Sosua as far as BBQ is concerned.:D

Sorry mom.:o

LM
10-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, on my next trip to he DR, I will have to definitely try Big D's...probably in Jan.;).......

Hemp
10-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Could it be??? Hemp & LM will finally meet :eek:

Well, on my next trip to he DR, I will have to definitely try Big D's...probably in Jan.;).......

SeaWeed
10-17-2009, 02:39 PM
well I was a Big D's a couple weeks ago and wow is his barbecue food superior........and what a nice guy and what a nice setting........thanks for the recommodation on him......between him and the Black Box you really don't need anywhere else to go on the beach......

pics for the frat.......including menu

JD426
10-17-2009, 02:56 PM
He's a really nice guy too. BIG dude, with a heart to match. It was a pleasure meeting & chatting with him. Will definitely be hanging there next trip as well. You dont feel like youre being "hustled" at his place like at some of the other stands where they get in your face as you're walking by , I hate that .

Big D definitely deserves to be successful there, he's got the goods.

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 08:00 PM
He's a really nice guy too. BIG dude, with a heart to match. It was a pleasure meeting & chatting with him. Will definitely be hanging there next trip as well. You dont feel like youre being "hustled" at his place like at some of the other stands where they get in your face as you're walking by , I hate that .

Big D definitely deserves to be successful there, he's got the goods.

That chicken on the grill looks nice sized. A earlier post showed a plate that to me looked like a small portion for a kid and someone posted that the chickens in the DR are very small but that one on the grill looks like I would only need half of it. I wonder what that would cost with out the beans and rice stuff. :smile: :iconTU:

husl2001
10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Alright. I went to Big D's a couple of weeks ago.

Now I now that I posted earlier in this thread that my mom's ribs were the best ever. And I still feel that way. But I gotta admit, that dude nows his way around the grill (not surprising as he was actually born in TX). His culinary genius cannot be disputed. Definitely the best bbq in the area. In two days, my wingmen and I absolutely demolished four racks of ribs and at least two whole chickens.

We also learned that he doesn't mind catering.:iconTU:

He also went out of his way to let us know that he appreciates all of the free internet marketing that he's getting on sites like this one. It's actually resulted in a jump in business for him.

So I'm gonna do my part. His place is a mandatory stop when in Sosua. I've eaten at a lot of places in that little town and I gotta tell ya, D has no competition in Sosua as far as BBQ is concerned.:D

Sorry mom.:o

I couldn't agree more. Absolutely the best BBQ I've had while traveling abroad, much less Sosua. He's a great guy, as well.

If you're with a group, ask him about a platter. He serves plenty of food, and makes it look really nice as well. He's open Thurs - Sun, and if you're feeding a big group, it wouldn't hurt to let him know a day in advance, as it takes him two days to properly prepare the food.

And for those comparing burgers in the suburbs to BBQ on a beach in paradise, yeah, his food is definitely worth the price - and then some.

Bhutto,BhuttoGolly
10-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I met Derrick in Sept. On my 1st DR trip. I searched for him like a hound! LOL Honestly, I walked right past his place my 1st pass, but I kinda noticed a sign that read, "Pollo Sentado"- I had no idea @ the time but that is what the locals call his Beer Can Chicken.
On my way out of the beach, I saw him! Was kindof in a rush, but paid for some chicken and ribs and told him I would be back. He had the foresight to ask for my # in case I didn't get back b4 he closed.
Turns out, I ended up getting a haircut by "Benton", just down the block from Banco Popular- so when Big D called me, I explained where I was and he offered to drop off the food to me! Turns out, he gets his hair cuy by Benton too!
Awesome guy!

gmalet
10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
I met Big D in August. As big as that guy is he sure can swim. He went into the Bay and was swimming for a good 30 minutes. Shit I start suffering after 5 minutes.

JD426
10-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I met Big D in August. As big as that guy is he sure can swim. He went into the Bay and was swimming for a good 30 minutes. Shit I start suffering after 5 minutes.
man, You need to get you some swimming lessons then.
My friend Mike and I went out over 1/4 mile for well over an hour. You can float in that water u know, I literally fell asleep a couple times on my back. Like Zero gravity suspension, its great for your back.
I find it hysterical that most of the locals down there cant even swim & Cant even float. What the hell is that all about ?

DominicanBilly
10-24-2009, 11:48 PM
Stopped by this afternoon and had an order of his ribs. They were great!!! Came with potatoes, salad and fruit. The 6 rib meal with 2 drinks came to under 500 pesos.

And the good news is the first Tuesday in November he will be opening a new place almost directly across from Clasicos. He will be open at this new location from 8pm till 2am Tuesdays to Saturday night.

rushdog34
10-25-2009, 02:30 AM
does this mean the beach location is no more or just expanding??

Stopped by this afternoon and had an order of his ribs. They were great!!! Came with potatoes, salad and fruit. The 6 rib meal with 2 drinks came to under 500 pesos.

And the good news is the first Tuesday in November he will be opening a new place almost directly across from Clasicos. He will be open at this new location from 8pm till 2am Tuesdays to Saturday night.

DominicanBilly
10-25-2009, 05:54 AM
does this mean the beach location is no more or just expanding??

Expanding, will keep the beach open during the day from Wednesday to Sundays as before.

Beads
10-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I had the pleasure of stopping by BigDs on the beach one day. Great guy very friendly. I could smell the bbq from probably 20 stalls away.

As soon as I arrived he quickly offered me a taste of both the chicken and ribs and both were fantastic.

Only downfall for me is I do not like eating any types of salad while in Sosua. I will eat Oranges, Bananas, rice, and friend Platanos but no other types of fruit or salad really. I asked for chicken and said nothing else as I do not eat any of the fruit served with it.

He said he wanted me to try the sides and I again reiterated chicken only.

Anyhow my plate arrived and I quickly realized why he wanted to put the sides on the plate. There was a very small portion of chicken on my plate.I ordered 1/2 a chicken as this is what I normally get at all the chicken stands and it is an adequate meal for me. The plate looked full but only because of all the side dishes.

I ate my portion of chicken and the girl asked if I was finished. I said yes and went to pay. I could see them looking at my full plate wondering what was wrong but I just politely paid and moved on.

Food was definitely very tasty but if you don't eat all the fruit and vegetable side dishes there isn't much to the meal.

Jimbo44
10-25-2009, 09:23 PM
I am curious as to what place you are talking about directly across from Classicos. This is the place where we partied every night b4 heading up to Classicos. Unless you mean just east of Brittania??

Jimbo44
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
This was the first time I met Big D b4 he opened up at the beach!!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/685249b9d03e85091.jpg

Juggles
10-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I am curious as to what place you are talking about directly across from Classicos. This is the place where we partied every night b4 heading up to Classicos. Unless you mean just east of Brittania??

The location, as told to me, will be at Cafe Cubano, the coffee-shop/ restaurant/ cigar spot directly across the street from Classico's.

yayow
10-26-2009, 01:36 PM
He's a real good guy, that provides a great service I certainly wish him well. I actually think a spot like that is better for him than what he was considering with the Kaka bar. As reported here, I do hope he can also keep the beach location, cause he got a good spot there, and it is not that expensive rent wise, and there is something to be said for enjoying your BBQ on the beach, looking out on the sunset as it shines upon the ocean, or as you watch the chicas prancing around with an ice cold Presidente in your hand.

Ain't nothing better than that!!!

gdogg
10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Could it be??? Hemp & LM will finally meet :eek:

You guys are gonna hit it off. Cool dudes both!
:iconTU:

Jimbo44
10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
"or as you watch the chicas prancing around with an ice cold Presidente in your hand"
Just think, if he opens up across from Classicos, we can still have a muy fria cerveza and watch mucho mas chicas!!!

rushdog34
10-26-2009, 05:17 PM
oooo my fav lunch spot just got better... hopefully he isnt just stuck in the back cause the convo was cool too

The location, as told to me, will be at Cafe Cubano, the coffee-shop/ restaurant/ cigar spot directly across the street from Classico's.

Blackarcher
10-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a good place to try, always ready for some BBQ

shredder
10-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Does that mean WITH Cafe Cubano or is Cafe Cubano gone?

daddyooo
11-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Found this on Youtube.....

YouTube - BigD's Place BBQ on Sosua Beach Dominican Republic

givengo440
11-02-2009, 05:19 PM

YouTube - BigD's Place BBQ on Sosua Beach Dominican Republic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_b9jfw6sBw&feature=related)

My man Big D. a cool dude I can't take it I have to leave the board till I can handle it I am going through withdrawal sypmptoms...

Citynights
11-02-2009, 06:21 PM

YouTube - BigD's Place BBQ on Sosua Beach Dominican Republic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_b9jfw6sBw&feature=related)

Hummmmmm.....;) ribs...:corky::corky::corky::corky:

mikelodge
11-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Hummmmmm.....;) ribs...:corky::corky::corky::corky:

I went down to the beach twice and both afternoons he was closed as were half the other places, it was like a ghost beach with very few people midweek. Even town was dead until Friday.

JD426
11-03-2009, 10:00 PM
I think he says in the VID he is open Thurs - Sun.

mikelodge
11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
I think he says in the VID he is open Thurs - Sun.

I hit it Wed, and Thursday so that might be it just to early Thursday trying to walk off a hangover and get an appetite. He stuffs all his chairs and stuff up inside. I would have like to have met him and will in a couple of months. I like and respect meeting people that are real and give a shit about something. He sounds like a class act guy and I wish him the best. :iconTU:

MadMaxxie
11-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Does that mean WITH Cafe Cubano or is Cafe Cubano gone?

From what I got, he's friend with the people from Cafe Cubano, and will be setting up in front of there for late night food. I can't wait! When I leave the club, I def need some energy before going home for the night with my chica. I think Cubano closes at midnite? Not sure what time he'll be starting. I hope they still have coffee at that time, I love their coffee. Grilled chicken, caffiene..ok, maybe a Hennesey, I'll be good to go. Ok, maybe add a cigar from there, and another chica to join mine, and then I'll be good to go...

Blackarcher
11-10-2009, 02:36 PM
I met Big D on Thursday of my trip last week. He is a real cool dude and the food was great. There is a lot to be said for just sitting there eating some good food, admiring the ladies and drinking a cold one. D acted like we were old friends and I wish him a whole lot of success.
Don't miss his spot!

givengo440
11-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I met Big D on Thursday of my trip last week. He is a real cool dude and the food was great. There is a lot to be said for just sitting there eating some good food, admiring the ladies and drinking a cold one. D acted like we were old friends and I wish him a whole lot of success.
Don't miss his spot!
Big D is the best! The Beer chicken, sorry gents I don't eat pork so no ribs for me. Still the Presidentes were ice cold and if your chica is into icees Big D has a in with the icee man too!!!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_121124af9c72f39d41.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65519)http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_121124af9c7a95117c.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65520)http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_121124af9c7c33c12f.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65521)

A few pics of Big D and I and his amiga and some random chica I snatched for the picture. I will not fault Big D for his fraternal choices but hay Greek love is love.

mikelodge
11-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Big D is the best! The Beer chicken, sorry gents I don't eat pork so no ribs for me. Still the Presidentes were ice cold and if your chica is into icees Big D has a in with the icee man too!!!

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65519)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65520)Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65521)

A few pics of Big D and I and his amiga and some random chica I snatched for the picture. I will not fault Big D for his fraternal choices but hay Greek love is love.

I am disappointed I missed him being open both times I went past. I will make him a must stop coming up next time. Thanks G

Passport Playa
11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Members of the Brotherhood:

I give Big D's two thumbs up! Big D was very hospitable and seemed genuinely interested in satisfying his customers. Also, his food was good and his customer service left nothing to be desired!

The Mac Man

Trib
11-11-2009, 12:35 PM
So I hit Big D up nov 5 and 6th. His food is good bbq but portions could be bigger. He does something to the corn he cooks that makes it so good I could eat just that!!!

As has been said he is a Prince of the grill and welcomes you like a long lost friend. I kept bugging him to create an account here so I hope he will.

Me an a few peeps sat there one day so long just chillin I ate twice!!!! Don't forget the jewlery maker next to him as well. That guy will make you some nice gifts for the folks back home but try negoitae price a little as he tried to get me to pay $20 us for a very nice bracelet but I got him to $10 since I was buying a few pieces.

Anyway I hope D lasts a long time. BTW he opens 11:30 ish and runs out of food by 2pm most days and often by 1 it's just chicken left. On my first visit I ordered for the next day LOL!!!.

Blackarcher
11-12-2009, 05:58 PM
So I hit Big D up nov 5 and 6th. His food is good bbq but portions could be bigger. He does something to the corn he cooks that makes it so good I could eat just that!!!

Yeah I remember you putting that food away Trib, that's why Big D hardly had anything left when I rolled up.

Trib
11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
BTW Big D discussed a customer appreciation party with me. I told him to join the board to sort the details so guys you must keep the pressure on him to get him on here.

I told him to offer coupons thru the board for a free soda or something since we all aren't there at the same time.

Jimbo44
11-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Good idea!!

Hoseman
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
BTW Big D discussed a customer appreciation party with me. I told him to join the board to sort the details so guys you must keep the pressure on him to get him on here.

I told him to offer coupons thru the board for a free soda or something since we all aren't there at the same time.I talked to D yesterday he told me any member who mentions ISOC will get 50 pesos off for the rest of there year and also he is having a party this Sat. there and anyone in town is invited it starts at 5 P.M. Free food and drinks why they last.

2caggie4u
11-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Will be there in January must try this place

jasosua
11-21-2009, 06:20 PM
i will be there in Jan 12-19, save me a plate

naptime
01-06-2010, 01:45 AM
i know this thread is a few minutes old, but i gotta chime in.

we met derrick on our last trip down in august.

we wanted to eat at different places every day for lunch and dinner. we just happened to setup our beach base camp right out in front of his place every day.

his was the only place we had lunch twice !! lol

as others have said, we had chicken one day, and ribs another. i think we had a combo plate once too.

very good food. the man has talent!

also, when looking for a place to setup on the beach, ie: chairs, table, umbrella, etc... Jesus, runs the area right in front of derrick. he took very good care of us. paid attention. when he saw our hands go up, he knew what to bring for each of us. good guy.

naptime
01-06-2010, 01:49 AM

As has been said he is a Prince of the grill and welcomes you like a long lost friend. I kept bugging him to create an account here so I hope he will.

Me an a few peeps sat there one day so long just chillin I ate twice!!!! Don't forget the jewlery maker next to him as well. That guy will make you some nice gifts for the folks back home but try negoitae price a little as he tried to get me to pay $20 us for a very nice bracelet but I got him to $10 since I was buying a few pieces.

Anyway I hope D lasts a long time. BTW he opens 11:30 ish and runs out of food by 2pm most days and often by 1 it's just chicken left. On my first visit I ordered for the next day LOL!!!.

ahhhh for the life of me i cant remember his name. i know it starts with a "p" though.

he tried hitting me up on the first day. i told him i WAS interested but not for a few days. he never pestered me again, but everyday when we walked past, he and i made a point to say hi, shake hands. i know on one hand, just like the chicas, im just another dollar to him. but he made a point to remember me, remember my name, good salesman basically.

last day i finally went over and got my stuff from him.. 2 or 3 bracelets, and i beleive my bro got a few as well. iirc he started me off at 25, and dropped to 10 as well, because we were getting so much.

ill be seeing him again in 48 days for some more of his leather talent.

mikelodge
01-07-2010, 10:41 AM

He must have different hours on somedays because I went there twice around noon or shortly after and he wasn't open in October. I look forward to enjoying some lunch down there under the trees.

As far as the small portions that has been posted before I have found that for lunch with the heat and a hangover I usually don't need a big portion and prefer quality to quantity at lunch so I hope D is open. :)

After some drinking half way through the evening I need and want to eat and then 2 small pieces of chicken ain't going to do it.
That is when a nice slab of ribs from Rocky's comes in handy when the beach isn't safe at dark or after dark.

Hemp
01-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Havent been to his place yet, but i always prefered small portions while on vakay...i like to stay "light on my feet" while hunting on the strip...lol

Passport Playa
01-07-2010, 04:12 PM
He must have different hours on somedays because I went there twice around noon or shortly after and he wasn't open in October. I look forward to enjoying some lunch down there under the trees.

As far as the small portions that has been posted before I have found that for lunch with the heat and a hangover I usually don't need a big portion and prefer quality to quantity at lunch so I hope D is open. :)

After some drinking half way through the evening I need and want to eat and then 2 small pieces of chicken ain't going to do it.
That is when a nice slab of ribs from Rocky's comes in handy when the beach isn't safe at dark or after dark.

If I'm not mistaken, Big D's is only open from Thursday - Sunday.

The Mac Man

mikelodge
01-07-2010, 04:20 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Big D's is only open from Thursday - Sunday.

The Mac Man

Thanks Mac Man, we have been posting up a storm about that on the thread titled Sosua Beach Club. Tiger and I and others are trying to find out if Thursday night is the All u can eat BBQ. Do you know??

rushdog34
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
he is actually open tuesday thru sunday now. sometime he may not be there but he is open and the woman that works with him runs it while he is away but yeah only closed on mondays now

rushdog34
01-07-2010, 04:27 PM
i believe the blackbox is the all u can eat bbq on thursday i believe jimbo spoke on it...

D also mentioned to me that he may also have an all you can eat situation in the works as well as something at cafe cubano

Thanks Mac Man, we have been posting up a storm about that on the thread titled Sosua Beach Club. Tiger and I and others are trying to find out if Thursday night is the All u can eat BBQ. Do you know??

mikelodge
01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
he is actually open tuesday thru sunday now. sometime he may not be there but he is open and the woman that works with him runs it while he is away but yeah only closed on mondays now

Any news on the all u can eat night?

husl2001
01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Any news on the all u can eat night?

That would be great news!

mikelodge
01-07-2010, 06:31 PM
That would be great news!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:D Ribs and shiken yumm but a pussy buffet would be even better.

The Legend
01-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I must say i also ate at Big D's ,his food is very good ,he's a hell of a host who enjoys and takes pride in catering to all his guest .I will allways show his business patronage for these reasons .

ralphie1
01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:D Ribs and shiken yumm but a pussy buffet would be even better.
pussy is for dessert

mikelodge
01-07-2010, 09:51 PM
pussy is for dessert

It is a lot like good quality Sushi. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner especially some nice Ahi Tuna with a bit of soy and wasabi and perhaps some scallop followed by a nice PINK SNAPPER.

Looking forward to Big D's on the beach with the guys and gals it shall be a blast. :biggrin:

the_Jayman
01-07-2010, 09:52 PM
lotsa chicas there ? ? ?

mikelodge
01-07-2010, 10:25 PM
lotsa chicas there ? ? ?

There will be, they follow the chuckwagon just like that stupid little dog in the commercial from our youth when the dumb ass chuckwagon went into the kitchen cabinet and the stoned Scotty Dog stood there pissed.

You know like the dog in Petticoat Junction with the 3 Bitches on the water tower. Most have been nice to be a player in the 60's-- No Sexual Harassment--Men could get their freak on without any shit in the paper or internet.

As Far as the 21st Century

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414ac56909b3977.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0)) http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414ac5696f1b0b5.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414ac56ab0e2d4f.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0)) Bring back the 60's http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414abc31d1d64ca.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0))

Jaymans Game- Quotes What Movie

I missed the 60's-- I truely believe if I had been there-- Remember the road runner always being chased by Wiley Coyote-BEEP BEEP-- I missed the 60's God Dam it --

That was work I need another and they aren't answering the F'in phone and can't hear me paging so I have to go out there to get my own drink. :mad::mad::mad:

the_Jayman
01-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Went to Sosua Beach more than once last week.

Drinkin @ Herman's but chow'n ugly on AWESOME BBQ ! ! !

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b85cc8e.jpg

1st time there I ordered the 1/2 chicken . . .

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b4e862a.jpg

I IMMEDIATELY GRABBED THE DRUM STICK . . and ended up with an empty bone in my hand . . I threw it at someone and then got BBQ messy ! ! !

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b5c00e0.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b781f16.jpg

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b69ae58.jpg

potatoes w/Onions underneath . . .

Salad and the little Tobasco bottles . . . (LM/RAM/APOS/ hep me with pics here)

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b85cc8e.jpg

yummy Cuba Libres and Ice Cold Cervezas . . .

AND A GREAT GUY . . . BIG D ! ! ! !

had the ribs the day after that . . OMG ! ! ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b936e4f.jpg

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE HOSPITALITY SIR ! ! !

TNT72
01-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Couldn't agree more. The closer it gets to going back down, the more I think about that chicken and ribs!

Those pics have got my mouth watering!

bentwire
01-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Couldn't agree more. The closer it gets to going back down, the more I think about that chicken and ribs!

Those pics have got my mouth watering!

Got to agree, that looks like some good chow,,,,,, what is that clear bottle with the RX on it???

JD426
01-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Great, now Im REALLY starving......

Looks Delish.:iconTU:

Apos
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Hand sanitizer for before and after cleanup...great idea!
Got to agree, that looks like some good chow,,,,,, what is that clear bottle with the RX on it???

bentwire
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM

that is a great idea indeed, wonder if we can get the chicas to start that tradition

the_Jayman
01-30-2010, 02:53 PM

It's a REALLY good idea. His BBQ MUST be eaten with your fingers and it's a nice way to clean up quick before and after ! ! !

LM
01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Sorry Jayman...didn't have my camera with me that day......but Big D's was great...highly recommended.....will eat there again :iconTU:

That BBQ at Erik's was also great....great, great ribs and chicken and also the company;)

Apos
01-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I can't find my friggin' pics...but I'll take more this weekend! :D
Went to Sosua Beach more than once last week.

Drinkin @ Herman's but chow'n ugly on AWESOME BBQ ! ! !

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b85cc8e.jpg)

1st time there I ordered the 1/2 chicken . . .

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b4e862a.jpg)

I IMMEDIATELY GRABBED THE DRUM STICK . . and ended up with an empty bone in my hand . . I threw it at someone and then got BBQ messy ! ! !

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b5c00e0.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b781f16.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b69ae58.jpg)

potatoes w/Onions underneath . . .

Salad and the little Tobasco bottles . . . (LM/RAM/APOS/ hep me with pics here)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b85cc8e.jpg)

yummy Cuba Libres and Ice Cold Cervezas . . .

AND A GREAT GUY . . . BIG D ! ! ! !

had the ribs the day after that . . OMG ! ! ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/33444b63a2b936e4f.jpg)

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE HOSPITALITY SIR ! ! !

mikelodge
01-30-2010, 06:26 PM
that is a great idea indeed, wonder if we can get the chicas to start that tradition

Some of them would need it a few places other than their hands :rofl:

Ok since some of your minds are wondering toward the perverted let me just say it would be nice to have a clean nipple to suck :rofl:

Can that stuff be used internally? :eek:

mikelodge
01-30-2010, 06:31 PM
It's a REALLY good idea. His BBQ MUST be eaten with your fingers and it's a nice way to clean up quick before and after ! ! !

I like to bring a chicken or some ribs back to the apartment then clean up before I eat it and afterwards clean the sauce off the titties if I am drunk (Yes a nice Tip is in order after that).

Not to Jack here Big D's will be one of the first stops I make on the beach in a week.

gdogg
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Big D really appreciates the support. From D himself:

"Thanks to ISOC. It has been tremendous for my business. I want to show my appreciation somehow."

Something special may be forthcoming.

daddyooo
01-30-2010, 10:56 PM
That pink camera takes great pictures.:)

givengo440
01-31-2010, 07:12 AM
Jayman besides the chicas during the last trip we STAYED in the Su instead of going to Santo Domingo for a extra day of Big D's! He is a good dude and the FOOD MAN O MAN!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_121124af9c72f39d41.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65519)http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_121124af9c7a95117c.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65520)http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_121124af9c7c33c12f.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=65521)

Beads
02-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Food was good but the meat portions are far too small. Im not big on fruits and vegetables in the DR and I wont eat any off the beach besides the oranges and bananas I can peel myself. So its platanos, rice, and meat or fish only.

Food looks, smells, and tastes great. You can smell it from stalls away but for me to even eat lunch there will cost me about $30 because the portions are too small. (and im not a big guy).

Just my opinion.

ralphie1
02-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Food was good but the meat portions are far too small. Im not big on fruits and vegetables in the DR and I wont eat any off the beach besides the oranges and bananas I can peel myself. So its platanos, rice, and meat or fish only.

Food looks, smells, and tastes great. You can smell it from stalls away but for me to even eat lunch there will cost me about $30 because the portions are too small. (and im not a big guy).

Just my opinion.

we checked D's out walking by as well. really would have liked to have sat down and ate, smelled and looked good, but noticed the plates people had and how little meat was on them. i dont necissarily care what food costs, so long as 1.) it is good
2.) i dont leave still hungry

Ram
02-09-2010, 01:57 PM

Just my opinion.

Funny, I found the portions large. I am the kind of guy who eats 2 Big Mac for a snack. I came out nice and full.

Beads
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Funny, I found the portions large. I am the kind of guy who eats 2 Big Mac for a snack. I came out nice and full.

You must also eat all the fruits and vegetable sides. I specifically went looking for the place after hearing about it. As I said I could smell the food from possibly 20 or so stalls away so I knew I was close. I arrived and introduced myself and was given a small taste of both the chicken and the ribs which were VERY tasty. When I ordered my plate I specifically told him I dont eat any of the fruits and vegetables he was serving so only put the 1/2 chicken on the plate. He started cooking and STILL put the fruits and vegetables on my plate saying I should try them. I told him while he was doing this I would not eat that stuff as I just dont do it.

My plate came loaded with the stuff still (no biggie unless they use salad dressing or any salads with mayo in which case I tell them I will not eat anything on the plate. Mayo and those type salads seem to spoil quickly in the DR and get people sick easily so I stay away from them and SPECIFICALLY ask they are not put on my plate).

Anyhow quite easy to look at the plate and see why. If you took all the sides off you had about 4 bites of meat.(honestly 4 bites!)

I ate the 4 bites in about a minute and brought the rest of the plate back. The waitress looked puzzled and I explained to her I do not eat that stuff. Owner looked over at plate but didnt say anything so neither did I.

I paid my bill and went and had lunch someplace else.

Maybe he is now serving bigger portions but what I was served was ridiculously small if your not going to eat the side dishes.

3 ribs looked even smaller.

Just for a comparison a typical lunch for me is 1/2 a chicken from the chicken stand with no yucca or anything else with a small bottled water and that fills me up. The 1/2 chicken I got here was not even close.

So in my opinion for myself the food is definitely great tasting but the portions are far too small and to compensate by ordering more meals doesnt make sense to me. Why spend about $30 for a chicken lunch when I can get a nice grilled fish that will cover my plate with rice and platanos for 1/2 the price?

Mr. Smooth
02-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Beads, I agree with the small portions. Thats the only negative I can find. Service, location, tastiness etc is all good. Obviously, he is doing good business and all the traffic on this board about his business is overwhelmingly positive. I ate there last August on my last trip. Big D is a cool dude and he seems to be doing well. When I get down there next month, I will eat there at least once but I think I will try the chicken this time. For ribs, I will stick with Rockys.

the_Jayman
02-09-2010, 05:04 PM
4 bites?

Maybe he changed it cause I got a 1/2 a good sized chicken for 250 pesos one day and 6 BIG/THICK/MEATY ribs for 275 another . . .

Nice pile of potatoes underneath and I did finish my salad both time.

I was stuffed good ! ! !

Beads
02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
4 bites?

Maybe he changed it cause I got a 1/2 a good sized chicken for 250 pesos one day and 6 BIG/THICK/MEATY ribs for 275 another . . .

Nice pile of potatoes underneath and I did finish my salad both time.

I was stuffed good ! ! !

Quite possible you got a larger portion but it doesnt look like it in the photos. Keep in mind in the photo there is a large portion of potatoes underneath the chicken. I also dont eat the potatoes and fruit.

DCIronman
02-16-2010, 07:45 PM
I couldn't tell you about individual portions because I always buy about three slabs and two chickens. My wingman and I like to buy from Big D's in bulk because we know we're going to want a little something to snack on later.

Takes us about a day and a half to get through that. Then someone gets drafted to trek down to the beach and pick up a couple more slabs, and a few more chickens.

We really like Big D's bbq.:)

SeaWeed
02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
overall I don't think you can find better barbecue on da beach than Big D's.......quality wise the food is right up der......and mi rather have quality versus quantity these days.......and his service is hard to beat......great place to hang.....great spot on da beach too......
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b7b4779c1ca3.jpg
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b7b477b083a4.jpg
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b7b477ac0501.jpg
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084b7b477a48722.jpg

and it's only around $4bucks for a quarter barbecue chicken with veggies and some fruit.....dats pretty cheap.....a quarter Jerk Chicken in Jamaica is $5 bucks alone and dat is without any veggies and fruit.....

naptime
02-16-2010, 09:42 PM
ahhhhhhh i cant wait !!!!! oh how i miss d's chicken!!!

someone just posted some great pics the other day with some chicas wearing "i love big d's shirts"

mike lodge i think?

naptime
02-16-2010, 09:44 PM
my mistake... it was shredder

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/144244b79e0a940af9.jpg

husl2001
02-16-2010, 10:33 PM
my mistake... it was shredder

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/144244b79e0a940af9.jpg)

First chica on the left used to work at the bar next to Passion. Very cool, but pretty young.

Third chica from the left is Sasha. That's a very bad pic of a very beautiful woman. She does promotions with D from time to time. Speaks English, very very cool people.

DCIronman
02-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Funny thing happened to me at Big D's about a week ago. I'd just driven into town from Santiago, and had arrived there a few hours ahead of my boys, who were flying into POP. Well, since I was the first in town, I took it upon myself to go to the beach and see what Big D had on the grill. That's right. I actually thought about those ribs and that chicken before I thought about toto. A testament to Big D's culinary mastery.

At the spot, D gave me his usual affable greeting and assured me that what he had on the grill wouldn't last much longer. So I ordered 3 slabs and 2 chickens to go. D invited me to sit and enjoy a free beer while he put my order together, and introduced me to a friend of his that was already enjoying her bbq. I forget the woman's name, but she's african american, heavy-set, and wears braids.

So we're sitting and chatting when she asked me what I do for a living. I told her, and she told me that she was in Sosua doing research for her thesis. Now, at this point, I'm getting a little suspicious. So I asked her what the topic of her thesis is. You guessed it. Sex tourism and trafficking. I starting laughing, but all the while I'm thinking "Damn. I've already given her my name and told her where I'm from." So I asked her if I was going to be prominently featured in the next big expose. Fortunately, she said it wasn't going to be that type of paper.

We actually had a very interesting conversation after that. She said that she's already amassed an amazing amount of material during the 4 months she's been there. I hope that she is one of the few who will approach the subject from a purely academic viewpoint, instead of writing it for entertainment purposes.
I guess we'll see.

Passport Playa
02-17-2010, 11:31 AM
So I ordered 3 slabs and 2 chickens to go.

DC,

Do you recall how much you paid for the 3 slabs and 2 chickens to go?

The Mac Man

DCIronman
02-17-2010, 11:45 AM
DC,

Do you recall how much you paid for the 3 slabs and 2 chickens to go?

The Mac Man

Yup. The slabs, chicken, potatoes, salad, and fruit came to about 3000RD. But we're talking about a ton of food here. It took four grown men, none of us small, a couple of days to go through all of it. Not to mention the chicas we fed.

Big D even offered to deliver the food to the villa if we wanted.

Jimbo44
02-17-2010, 12:25 PM
And how much did u pay for her???? I mean..... how is she supposed to be complete on her thesis if she does not jump right on in, no??

DCIronman
02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
And how much did u pay for her???? I mean..... how is she supposed to be complete on her thesis if she does not jump right on in, no??

LOL! Not even if she paid me Jimbo. I mean, I'll take 'em thick. But I have my limitations.

Which brings me to another point. I think that I was solicited by every fat chica in Sosua last week. I don't understand it. It was like I was wearing a sign that said "Fat Hos Apply Here". And one of them even bought me a beer in Classicos!

Maybe it's my open, friendly face. I gotta work on my ice grill.

Jimbo44
02-17-2010, 12:50 PM
I have been with gorditas b4, and will again. Trust me, they like to fuck too!! and do a pretty good job at it!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524b2f9ffc9f7c1.jpg

Mr. Smooth
02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Funny thing happened to me at Big D's about a week ago. I'd just driven into town from Santiago, and had arrived there a few hours ahead of my boys, who were flying into POP. Well, since I was the first in town, I took it upon myself to go to the beach and see what Big D had on the grill. That's right. I actually thought about those ribs and that chicken before I thought about toto. A testament to Big D's culinary mastery.

At the spot, D gave me his usual affable greeting and assured me that what he had on the grill wouldn't last much longer. So I ordered 3 slabs and 2 chickens to go. D invited me to sit and enjoy a free beer while he put my order together, and introduced me to a friend of his that was already enjoying her bbq. I forget the woman's name, but she's african american, heavy-set, and wears braids.

So we're sitting and chatting when she asked me what I do for a living. I told her, and she told me that she was in Sosua doing research for her thesis. Now, at this point, I'm getting a little suspicious. So I asked her what the topic of her thesis is. You guessed it. Sex tourism and trafficking. I starting laughing, but all the while I'm thinking "Damn. I've already given her my name and told her where I'm from." So I asked her if I was going to be prominently featured in the next big expose. Fortunately, she said it wasn't going to be that type of paper.

We actually had a very interesting conversation after that. She said that she's already amassed an amazing amount of material during the 4 months she's been there. I hope that she is one of the few who will approach the subject from a purely academic viewpoint, instead of writing it for entertainment purposes.
I guess we'll see.
Was her name Debbie?

JD426
02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
LOL! Not even if she paid me Jimbo. I mean, I'll take 'em thick. But I have my limitations.

Which brings me to another point. I think that I was solicited by every fat chica in Sosua last week. I don't understand it. It was like I was wearing a sign that said "Fat Hos Apply Here". And one of them even bought me a beer in Classicos!

Maybe it's my open, friendly face. I gotta work on my ice grill.

Thats Funny,
I had the same problem with the OLD HOS, Every 40+ ho was after my ass, like I was wearing a sign that said. "GILF Putas wanted, no reasonable sexual offer wil be refused"

DCIronman
02-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Was her name Debbie?

That sounds about right. I'm great with faces, but absolutely horrible with names.

I don't suppose that there's very many heavy-set, african american women with braids running around Sosua these days. And after meeting her at Big D's, I seemed to see her everywhere on the strip. Even Classicos.

mikelodge
02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
You must also eat all the fruits and vegetable sides. I specifically went looking for the place after hearing about it. As I said I could smell the food from possibly 20 or so stalls away so I knew I was close. I arrived and introduced myself and was given a small taste of both the chicken and the ribs which were VERY tasty. When I ordered my plate I specifically told him I dont eat any of the fruits and vegetables he was serving so only put the 1/2 chicken on the plate. He started cooking and STILL put the fruits and vegetables on my plate saying I should try them. I told him while he was doing this I would not eat that stuff as I just dont do it.

My plate came loaded with the stuff still (no biggie unless they use salad dressing or any salads with mayo in which case I tell them I will not eat anything on the plate. Mayo and those type salads seem to spoil quickly in the DR and get people sick easily so I stay away from them and SPECIFICALLY ask they are not put on my plate).

Anyhow quite easy to look at the plate and see why. If you took all the sides off you had about 4 bites of meat.(honestly 4 bites!)

I ate the 4 bites in about a minute and brought the rest of the plate back. The waitress looked puzzled and I explained to her I do not eat that stuff. Owner looked over at plate but didnt say anything so neither did I.

I paid my bill and went and had lunch someplace else.

Maybe he is now serving bigger portions but what I was served was ridiculously small if your not going to eat the side dishes.

3 ribs looked even smaller.

Just for a comparison a typical lunch for me is 1/2 a chicken from the chicken stand with no yucca or anything else with a small bottled water and that fills me up. The 1/2 chicken I got here was not even close.

So in my opinion for myself the food is definitely great tasting but the portions are far too small and to compensate by ordering more meals doesnt make sense to me. Why spend about $30 for a chicken lunch when I can get a nice grilled fish that will cover my plate with rice and platanos for 1/2 the price?

I go to the chicken stands across from Europa and get a WHOLE chicken for 200 grilled to perfection with nothing else. Sometimes If the one guy I like to deal with isnīt there they stick to 225. It is 275 if you want it with all the goop like the plantains or yucca or whatever.

I walked by Dīs twice and glanced at the plates and there must be more than one size because one plate came out with 2 pieces a baby leg and thigh. Jaymans photo looked larger than what I saw. It sure did smell good but I had other plans.

gdogg
02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I go to the chicken stands across from Europa and get a WHOLE chicken for 200 grilled to perfection with nothing else. Sometimes If the one guy I like to deal with isnīt there they stick to 225. It is 275 if you want it with all the goop like the plantains or yucca or whatever.

When did they get so damn high?? That used to be the main appeal, super filling and CHEAP!!
:eek:

rushdog34
02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
i think what else is appealing is just the fact that im eating good bbq on the beach

carolinajack
02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I have been with gorditas b4, and will again. Trust me, they like to fuck too!! and do a pretty good job at it!
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524b2f9ffc9f7c1.jpg)

Lovin' the looks of this one Jimbo...as a member of the thick n luscious lovers club she definitely rates.

Glad to see Big D is doing so well with the support of so many from this board...his ribs and chicken and the chica Jimbo has pictured here would make for a great start to my next trip.:rolleyes:

Passport Playa
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
I go to the chicken stands across from Europa and get a WHOLE chicken for 200 grilled to perfection with nothing else.

Is it possible that his rates are less than Big D's because D's establishment is located on the beach and the stand across from the Europa is located on a fly-infested lot?

The Mac Man

Jimbo44
02-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Probably so, plus D has to pay rent there as well. My last trip i was riding my moto on hwy 5 east of the texaco station about a half mile and on the opposite side there was a chica and her family set up on the side of the road cooking BBQ chcken and pork with all the trimmings and included a grande Boheme cerveza for total 200 pesos. The trimmings included rice/beans or papa fritos, also a salad wich I declined on. I was quite satisfied.

DCIronman
02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I guess that I eat like I monger. And that's quality over quantity.

On the other hand. I have been known to stop by the truck that parks directly in front of Classicos late at night. Half a pound of fried pork or chicken, and some fried plantanos for $125RD. But that's when I'm too drunk to enjoy what I'm eating anyway.

I don't fuck around with my bbq though. Hell, It's a religion where I come from. And in my opinion, Big D is the only one in Sosua who does it right. I'll pay for that type of quality.

naptime
02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
i would agree with the assesment.

yes, more can be had elsewhere for less money. but its not the same bbq.

you cant compare apples to oranges. derrick has a shack on the beach, which inherantly comes with higher overhead.

the guy on the corner has great chicken too. and he has lower overhead. so he can keep his prices lower. his chicken also, imo, doesnt compare to d's.

here at home, yo ucan get a great specialty pizza for 13 to 15 bucks. or you can get a little ceasers pepperoni for 5 bucks. but you'll never be able to compare the products.

its no different than the chicas. you can get them at passions for 3k for tln. or you can nab them off the street for a tln for only 500 pesos. they both might be pussy, but its definately NOT the same product.

i saw yes, d's prices are higher, and for good reason.

mikelodge: yes there are different sizes. you can get quarter chicken, half chicken, or whole chicken. and the ribs have different sizes as well, as far as the number of ribs, if memory serves me correctly.

mikelodge
02-17-2010, 04:00 PM
When did they get so damn high?? That used to be the main appeal, super filling and CHEAP!!
:eek:

I would prefer a dollar but 200 for a whole one compared to 475 at Dīs is pretty cheap unless he knocks off a couple hundred to get it without all the side crap I donīt want either.

Another point I like is I can park free in front of the Europa block stands where down at the beach it is 50 pesos to park and I would still have to walk through all that sand way down there.

I am a lazy American

naptime
02-17-2010, 05:03 PM
lol i'm with ya there.

i don't think i would go out of my way, pay for parking, and walk through the sand, to eat d's. i would just get what's close.

i eat there, because i alredy spend my days down at the beach, conveniently right out in front of d's. so its only a 30 second walk to the bbq.

thats one of things that made his place so great.

we would get up to go walking and look for souveniers or check out the other beach stalls, and just holler over to derrick to throw on ribs or chicken ,whatever we were gonna get. and when we got back, our food was ready.

he's a great host.

the guy down by europa has great chicken, and cheap! and he's especially convenient when you're stumbling out of classico. or leaving your hotel to go out and find a 3rd or 4th chica for the night and suddenly you realize you need some type of nourishment other than rum and pussy !!

gdogg
02-17-2010, 05:23 PM
I would prefer a dollar but 200 for a whole one compared to 475 at Dīs is pretty cheap unless he knocks off a couple hundred to get it with all the side crap I donīt want either.

Another point I like is I can park free in front of the Europa block stands where down at the beach it is 50 pesos to park and I would still have to walk through all that sand way down there.

I am a lazy American

I wasn't comparing the whole chickens to Big D's. That's an apples and oranges type thing. I was talking about chicken stand prices in general.

mikelodge
02-17-2010, 06:03 PM
I wasn't comparing the whole chickens to Big D's. That's an apples and oranges type thing. I was talking about chicken stand prices in general.

I agree they are almost 6 bucks for a whole one. In most of Central America I can get 2 for that price.

chicken and chickies and a good buzz makes me a happy man. :biggrin:

husl2001
02-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Yup. The slabs, chicken, potatoes, salad, and fruit came to about 3000RD. But we're talking about a ton of food here. It took four grown men, none of us small, a couple of days to go through all of it. Not to mention the chicas we fed.

Big D even offered to deliver the food to the villa if we wanted.

It WAS some mighty tasty eatin's.

And as soon as we ran out, we went and got another order of the stuff. Very addictive, it is....

Well, a half chicken at the stand is 200 pesos, and D charges 475 for a whole chicken. Apples to apples, we're talking two bux. And if you're going to argue over 2 bux, then there's no way on God's Green Earth that I'll ever be traveling with you (been there, done that, haven't seen him since, that experience really sucked).

As far as the quantity vs. quality thing is concerned, consider:

The BBQ is, without a doubt, the best I've had in DR. That's saying a lot, especially in Sosua, a town that isn't exactly known for having the tastiest cuisine in the caribbean. The food is always hot, fresh, tasty and served in a timely manner. His sides - which some on this board have given short shrift - are excellent complements to the food, in particular the salad, which is perfect for an afternoon on the beach. I've eaten there at least a half dozen times (including once after losing my lunch twice on a deep sea fishing trip) and never once gotten sick.

Further, there's the intangibles:

You're not on Pedro Clisante at 2 a.m. surrounded by a bunch of flies, borrachos and hard core ho's, but on one of the better spots on the beach. One of the nicer things to do when vacationing in a beach town is to have good food and drink with great company on the beach. To me, that's worth 3-6 bux extra (as opposed to owning the bragging rights for having found the CHEAPEST food my body could tolerate).

I'm not saying the chicken stand is bad, to each his own. But I guess the question is, why would a person travel thousands of miles, deal with customs two times, spend hundreds of bucks to get to paradise, then limit his dining options to late-night food stands serving food of questionable quality?

husl2001
02-17-2010, 06:11 PM
That sounds about right. I'm great with faces, but absolutely horrible with names.

I don't suppose that there's very many heavy-set, african american women with braids running around Sosua these days. And after meeting her at Big D's, I seemed to see her everywhere on the strip. Even Classicos.

Yeah, but I kinda question her "research." I saw her in the stores, in the clubs, pretty much everywhere. After 4 months, she should have gotten all the info she needed and moved on to the next location and/or gone home to write the thing.

Personally, I think she's using the "paper" as an excuse for an extended vacation, and to maximize her sanky-time. You know, just like we all go on business conferences or whatever excuse will do (for those who need excuses).

Beads
02-17-2010, 06:19 PM
i would agree with the assesment.

yes, more can be had elsewhere for less money. but its not the same bbq.

you cant compare apples to oranges. derrick has a shack on the beach, which inherantly comes with higher overhead.

the guy on the corner has great chicken too. and he has lower overhead. so he can keep his prices lower. his chicken also, imo, doesnt compare to d's.

here at home, yo ucan get a great specialty pizza for 13 to 15 bucks. or you can get a little ceasers pepperoni for 5 bucks. but you'll never be able to compare the products.

its no different than the chicas. you can get them at passions for 3k for tln. or you can nab them off the street for a tln for only 500 pesos. they both might be pussy, but its definately NOT the same product.

i saw yes, d's prices are higher, and for good reason.

mikelodge: yes there are different sizes. you can get quarter chicken, half chicken, or whole chicken. and the ribs have different sizes as well, as far as the number of ribs, if memory serves me correctly.

I also agree with the assessment with 1 exception. I need a certain amount of food to make a meal and as explained I am not big on side dishes.The portion I had was not enough and I still had to order lunch someplace else. My comparison is for the price it would take to feed me lunch there I could have spent less and had a superior meal (say a nice grilled fish also on the beach) in a similar location for less money.

joeysterr
02-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Has anybody phoned Big D to tell him that b319 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12007), balcoach (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=7185), Blackarcher (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=17278), carolinajack (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12572), chicmatic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=15730), craigmac (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=10827), daddyooo (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=14836), Domwolf (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=3475), eman (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=4716), givengo440 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12112), Hoseman (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=14084), joeysterr (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=15573), Kiko Presidente (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=17513), lobonegro (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=13412), Mr. Smooth (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12442), MrHappy (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=6341), naptime (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=17999), Nomad02 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=14949), sicpup71 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=5948), steviewonder (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=13367), The Legend (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=16688), TropicBob (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=3881)
and def more will be in town and that HE BETTER STACK UP ON THOSE SLABS AND CHICKEN!!!!!!!

joeysterr
02-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Daaaaaaamn!! Just Realized on how big that list is......
Looks like competition is gonna be a bitch!! At what time a brother will need to get his ass up there in order to get a few....LOTS of food?? THAT gentlemen is the question of the day

the_Jayman
02-17-2010, 11:05 PM
I hear ya man . . .I walked by one day a little late . . .

needa couple Cuba's b4 the ribs . . .

D told me to hurry cause they weren't gonna last long . . . I'm runnin low . .

be right back . . .

went home hungry and cranky ! ! !

gdogg
02-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Has anybody phoned Big D to tell him that b319 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12007), balcoach (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=7185), Blackarcher (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=17278), carolinajack (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12572), chicmatic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=15730), craigmac (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=10827), daddyooo (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=14836), Domwolf (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=3475), eman (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=4716), givengo440 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12112), Hoseman (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=14084), joeysterr (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=15573), Kiko Presidente (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=17513), lobonegro (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=13412), Mr. Smooth (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=12442), MrHappy (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=6341), naptime (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=17999), Nomad02 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=14949), sicpup71 (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=5948), steviewonder (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=13367), The Legend (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=16688), TropicBob (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/member.php?u=3881)
and def more will be in town and that HE BETTER STACK UP ON THOSE SLABS AND CHICKEN!!!!!!!

Just sent him a message, so he'll know soon.

gdogg
02-18-2010, 02:39 AM
From Big D:

Cool sounds good. I want to put together a few slabs and chickens to giveaway and show my thanks for the support. Also I can bring in some music and make it one big Beach Bash on the Saturday everybody's down.

...followed with:

Yeah post the response and we'll do it on Saturday, March 6 with free rib and chicken samples between 1pm & 2pm. And anyone that mentions ISOC between March 4th & 9th will recieve a 20% Discount.
:)

Mr. Smooth
02-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Daaaaaaamn!! Just Realized on how big that list is......
Looks like competition is gonna be a bitch!! At what time a brother will need to get his ass up there in order to get a few....LOTS of food?? THAT gentlemen is the question of the day
Maybe Big D will have to take reservations with so many of us down there at the same time. Wouldn't that be a bitch??

I can hear it now, "giveingo, table for two at 1:15 ". "chicmatic, we have a table for four open at 2:30" "Mr. Smooth, sorry pal. We might only have a stool in the sun available by 4:00. And thats only if carolinajack is finished by then".

joeysterr
02-18-2010, 05:59 AM
From Big D:

Cool sounds good. I want to put together a few slabs and chickens to giveaway and show my thanks for the support. Also I can bring in some music and make it one big Beach Bash on the Saturday everybody's down.

...followed with:

Yeah post the response and we'll do it on Saturday, March 6 with free rib and chicken samples between 1pm & 2pm. And anyone that mentions ISOC between March 4th & 9th will recieve a 20% Discount.
:)

Hahaaaaaaaa!!! That's what I'm talking about gdogg!! Saturday afternoon isoc party AT BIG D's!!!!!! oh wow good move on the 20% isoc discount too which more means that he's ready for us!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! CAN'T WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.....fuck yes...GREAT FOOD is appealing to me too!;)

mikelodge
02-18-2010, 07:45 AM
It WAS some mighty tasty eatin's.

And as soon as we ran out, we went and got another order of the stuff. Very addictive, it is....

Well, a half chicken at the stand is 200 pesos, and D charges 475 for a whole chicken. Apples to apples, we're talking two bux. And if you're going to argue over 2 bux, then there's no way on God's Green Earth that I'll ever be traveling with you (been there, done that, haven't seen him since, that experience really sucked).

As far as the quantity vs. quality thing is concerned, consider:

The BBQ is, without a doubt, the best I've had in DR. That's saying a lot, especially in Sosua, a town that isn't exactly known for having the tastiest cuisine in the caribbean. The food is always hot, fresh, tasty and served in a timely manner. His sides - which some on this board have given short shrift - are excellent complements to the food, in particular the salad, which is perfect for an afternoon on the beach. I've eaten there at least a half dozen times (including once after losing my lunch twice on a deep sea fishing trip) and never once gotten sick.

Further, there's the intangibles:

You're not on Pedro Clisante at 2 a.m. surrounded by a bunch of flies, borrachos and hard core ho's, but on one of the better spots on the beach. One of the nicer things to do when vacationing in a beach town is to have good food and drink with great company on the beach. To me, that's worth 3-6 bux extra (as opposed to owning the bragging rights for having found the CHEAPEST food my body could tolerate).

I'm not saying the chicken stand is bad, to each his own. But I guess the question is, why would a person travel thousands of miles, deal with customs two times, spend hundreds of bucks to get to paradise, then limit his dining options to late-night food stands serving food of questionable quality?

I agree I don't want some old crap with flies on it like they might have down by Classicos at 2am.

That is why I like to get it fresh off the grill too like across from Europa where you can get it FRESH from mid to late afternoon up until maybe at least 10 pm sometimes midnight on a busy night and they keep cooking them fresh throughout the entire time.

Combine easy access with half the price of the beach it gives us two options if you are at the beach and like all the sides D's is great or you go pay half as much in town if you are not down at the beach or it is after dark when it is no longer safe to go there.

Nice of big D to offer a discount for a few days.

Passport Playa
02-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Can someone PM me Big D's #? I seem to have misplaced Derek's number and can not find it.

The Mac Man

Passport Playa
02-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Members of the Board:

Just to let you know, I spoke to Big D (a little while ago) and he asked me to post a status update regarding the I.S.O.C. festival that he plans to have on Saturday, March 6, 2010. Per D, "please inform the members that I will be giving away free food between the hours of 2pm - 3pm. I will have discounted prices prior to that time period. I will have music set up all day long and we can party as long as liked"

The Mac Man

joeysterr
02-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Aaaaaaaah...I really had a good idea, for people to let him know WE'RE COMING IN!!!!;)

b319
02-26-2010, 12:01 AM
joeysterr...great idea! gdogg, craigmac...great lookin' out! :iconTU:

gdogg
03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Update from Big D:

March 4 at 2:35pm Que Paso? Wish you could make it down. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm all stocked up. I made the plans on the beach to setup an ISOC VIP Section on the beach complete with Platters of Ribs, Chicken, & Brugal. It will be fun. Its raining now. But tomorrow Friday should be sunny.

Passport Playa
03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Update from Big D:

March 4 at 2:35pm Que Paso? I made the plans on the beach to setup an ISOC VIP Section on the beach complete with Platters of Ribs, Chicken, & Brugal. It will be fun.

Wow!!! Reading this message really makes me feel like Puffy or JayZ now. Usually it isn't until I am at the villa for a few days before I have a New Jack City moment and ask my dudes "how you living baby?" Of course they usually respond by saying: "I'm living large!!!"

The Mac Man

gdogg
03-04-2010, 03:37 PM
It's really nice to be ISOC sometimes.

hugrad95a
03-16-2010, 12:33 AM
How was the event? Details Details..

Jimbo44
03-16-2010, 12:49 AM
It was raining most of the morning, I and about 4 others were on our way about 12:30, when the skys opened up, so we did not make it, and ended up eating pizza at Jolly Rodger instead. It was not till later that night we found out guys showed up anyway. damn!!!!

Blackarcher
03-20-2010, 11:25 PM
How was the event? Details Details..

The food was great Big D out did himself here were platters of ribs and chicken and a bottle of Brugal to keep the rain chill away and a couple of hot chicas to look at while you ate.

gdogg
04-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Sabor...Big D's New Spot! GRAND OPENING!!

This Saturday, May 1st! Sounds like it should be a blast...especially if Starbury shows. if you're in town, check it out!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/34444bd619b17983c.jpg

Festy
05-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Video of Derrick at the grill on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_b9jfw6sBw

bryan_sr
05-07-2010, 06:27 AM
Seems like a nice guy, can't wait to chill on the beach with a plate of chicken, ribs and booze. Hope he can burn a rack for me....lol

I take it Big D, Hermans, and Black Box, are the place to be near the beach...

God, I gotta get out of here !

Slim

Mr. Smooth
05-08-2010, 03:10 AM
D's and the Black Box are cool places. I would recommend The Scandanavian Bar #152, just a bit further down from Herman's as a great place for food, cold beer and chica watching (and catching!!!)

bklyndrguy
05-08-2010, 12:39 PM
i like to go to big D for the food and hermans just to chill since he is in the canter and i can keep ewatching the ppl come and go

hugrad95a
06-11-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sosua-Dominican-Republic/Big-Ds-Place-BBQ-109B-Sosua-Beach/338779582483?v=wall

Festy
06-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Stopped by Big D's Place almost every day. Food was ALWAYS great, staff is FAST and usually a nice view of "chicas on parade" passing infront of his place.

http://www.bigdsplace.net (http://www.bigdsplace.net/)

http://gorochelle.com/websites/mytravelfest/BigD/Photos/BigD1e.jpg

hugrad95a
06-16-2010, 08:39 PM
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014402.jpg

hugrad95a
06-16-2010, 09:30 PM
I thought I would share my pictures from my sunday at Big D's. I will create a Sunday at Sosua thread with more pictures.

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014391.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014393.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014394.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014397.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014398.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014399.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014400.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014401.jpg

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014403.jpg

MrHappy
06-17-2010, 07:18 AM
I thought I would share my pictures from my sunday at Big D's. I will create a Sunday at Sosua thread with more pictures.

[/URL]

Click to see pic (http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014391.jpg)

[URL="http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/hugrad95/Dominican%20Republic/P1014397.jpg"]

Beer can chicken... yum yum

lonesoul
03-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Had lunch at Big D's Place today.. Food was great like always, put now he has cuba libre special 50 pesos... great place to sit and watch the waves and the chicas. Now you can stop the chicas and offer to buy them a few drinks.. ALWAYS GOOD TIMES..

Hoseman
03-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Had lunch at Big D's Place today.. Food was great like always, put now he has cuba libre special 50 pesos... great place to sit and watch the waves and the chicas. Now you can stop the chicas and offer to buy them a few drinks.. ALWAYS GOOD TIMES..I don't know if you guys know but he is no longer at Passions

JD426
03-04-2011, 05:39 PM
I don't know if you guys know but he is no longer at Passions

Is there a story behind that ? Don't tell me Peter tried to FINE him like he fines the girls when they are late or miss a day ?

LJDMV
03-04-2011, 05:41 PM
I don't know if you guys know but he is no longer at Passions

Where is BIg D located now? He was next door to Passion in January 2011...

mikelodge
03-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Where is BIg D located now? He was next door to Passion in January 2011...

He is back at his beach place and there is alot of drama about that. I will post details in my Trip Report so some of you will have to get active and get a membership to read it.

Areas to discuss, Where D got his equipment at Passions to cook on and how much did he pay Chris for it.

How is business for him at his Passion location sitting empty and the juicy details of behind the scenes there. ;)

Hoseman
03-04-2011, 05:53 PM
He is back at his beach place and there is alot of drama about that. I will post details in my Trip Report so some of you will have to get active and get a membership to read it.

Areas to discuss, Where D got his equipment at Passions to cook on and how much did he pay Chris for it.

How is business for him at his Passion location sitting empty and the juicy details of behind the scenes there. ;)I already know and what supposely happended with Chris next to Rumba.But i really think thats between the 2 of them I just heard word and don't know it to be true and it does not really concern me.

eldorob
03-04-2011, 06:08 PM

How is business for him at his Passion location sitting empty and the juicy details of behind the scenes there. ;)

I already know and what supposely happended with Chris next to Rumba.But i really think thats between the 2 of them I just heard word and don't know it to be true and it does not really concern me.

I am now officially on the EDGE OF MY F'N SEAT!
We want the restuarnte drama details! :rolleyes:

Just funn'in with you Mike :rofl:

mikelodge
03-04-2011, 07:02 PM
I already know and what supposely happended with Chris next to Rumba.But i really think thats between the 2 of them I just heard word and don't know it to be true and it does not really concern me.

I agree with you what Chris told me and another guy I know really doens't concern me either. Kind of like a voucher for a massage a guy won and it expired and then was not honored but it got a lot of interest like a lot of gossip on here. You probably heard both sides of that story same as me but I am not commenting on that one.

Hoseman
03-04-2011, 07:05 PM
I agree with you what Chris told me and another guy I know really doens't concern me either. Kind of like a voucher for a message a guy one and expired and then was not honored but it got a lot of interest like a lot of gossip on here. You probably heard both sides of that story same as me but I am not commenting on that one.They craziest things happen in Sosua.Everybody tells everything I here shit about myself all the time.

Sidney
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Big D's has damm good foods and it is fun to ''hang'' there!

naptime
03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I agree with you what Chris told me and another guy I know really doens't concern me either. Kind of like a voucher for a massage a guy won and it expired and then was not honored but it got a lot of interest like a lot of gossip on here. You probably heard both sides of that story same as me but I am not commenting on that one.

but you had no problem smearing dericks name in the mud in your trip report...

when chris told you that derick didnt pay him for the equipment at passions, did you go and get derricks ide of the story before dragging his name down the street?

mikelodge
03-05-2011, 04:01 PM
but you had no problem smearing dericks name in the mud in your trip report...

when chris told you that derick didnt pay him for the equipment at passions, did you go and get derricks ide of the story before dragging his name down the street?

No but 2 people one directly involved verified the story and there is much more on other debts but it really is not my intention to bash him so I will stay out of it and not mention more about that subject.

snoozer
03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
No but 2 people one directly involved verified the story and there is much more on other debts but it really is not my intention to bash him so I will stay out of it and not mention more about that subject.

Too late, you have done your part to spread the gossip..... mission accomplished. Happy to see you have moved on from your 2 year long bashing of Sea Breeze.

mikelodge
03-05-2011, 06:44 PM
[/yellow]

Too late, you have done your part to spread the gossip..... mission accomplished. Happy to see you have moved on from your 2 year long bashing of Sea Breeze.

Haven't even thought of them this year or much last year actually perhaps for 5 or 6 minutes. Much of what is on this site is gossip some based on facts some not. I have never reported a case of alleged theft but when it comes up many many many people comment on it for weeks same as someone owing someone something like the Blackarcher massage voucher that had its own thread that people not even involved analyzed to death so if a guy allegedly owes another guy money that has been posted for years to about people getting taken but I am talking in general and not about D that subject if off my plate if you want more details go ask Chris or Passions about why he is not there.

snoozer
03-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Haven't even thought of them this year or much last year actually perhaps for 5 or 6 minutes. Much of what is on this site is gossip some based on facts some not. I have never reported a case of alleged theft but when it comes up many many many people comment on it for weeks same as someone owing someone something like the Blackarcher massage voucher that had its own thread that people not even involved analyzed to death so if a guy allegedly owes another guy money that has been posted for years to about people getting taken but I am talking in general and not about D that subject if off my plate if you want more details go ask Chris or Passions about why he is not there.

Take a breath Mikey.....has to be one of the longest sentences ever.

:rofl::rofl:

mikelodge
03-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Take a breath Mikey.....has to be one of the longest sentences ever.

:rofl::rofl:

You got me there :lol: this damn small notebook I borrow from my friend Shitkicker. I should get him to join you would really get a good laugh.
He would probaby start talking about BBQing a Ra**** or tell dirty animal jokes. Really hilarious I wrote the word for the animal they make caps out of like Daniel Boone wore and get in your garden and eat sweet corn and c00n or cuun turned into stars

eldorob
03-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Sure, we analyze stuff ad nauseum, but that's a little different then throwing "facts" around because you heard something 2nd hand.

Tell me, do you really want to keep bad mouthing an ex-pat who's trying to earn a living in Sosua? And then stroll past his resturant?

I made a joke earlier about wanting to hear the resturante drama, but it was just a joke and now regret it. I really don't care who did what to whom in this business deal...because it doesn't involve me.

This is just a suggestion, but I don't think it would be a good idea to keep calling somebody a cheat. Especially when you're not directly involved and don't know the facts. But do what you want.

mikelodge
03-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Sure, we analyze stuff ad nauseum, but that's a little different then throwing "facts" around because you heard something 2nd hand.

Tell me, do you really want to keep bad mouthing an ex-pat who's trying to earn a living in Sosua? And then stroll past his resturant?

I made a joke earlier about wanting to hear the resturante drama, but it was just a joke and now regret it. I really don't care who did what to whom in this business deal...because it doesn't involve me.

This is just a suggestion, but I don't think it would be a good idea to keep calling somebody a cheat. Especially when you're not directly involved and don't know the facts. But do what you want.

I never said he was a cheat that is different than being in debt and I like the guy. I was simply posting what I was told both first hand by 2 people and second hand by others. Enough said I agree with you and wish him nothing but the best and will continue to stop and say hello and have a beer with him.

Festy
01-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Big D's food is still ROCKIN' the Beach. Had lunch there yesterday. The recent rain made the beach almost empty of tourists but the girls were still on the 'prowl'. Going back to D's in a few minutes with LordG for some lunch. Anyone around is welcome to join us....after lunch we will be down at Black Box.

helluvaxxx
01-08-2012, 10:58 AM
On both of my trips I have ate at his spot A+ food, +A staff, and he has alot of useful info if you strike up a convo with him. Nice place to enjoy a afternoon sipping some Prezz and bird aka chica watch.

hugrad95a
01-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Ribs and Chicken, Chicken and Ribs.... MMM good.. I cannot wait.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/378159_10150408817672484_338779582483_8782133_1347440913_n.jpg

Dr World
01-08-2012, 01:37 PM
First chica on the left used to work at the bar next to Passion. Very cool, but pretty young.

Third chica from the left is Sasha. That's a very bad pic of a very beautiful woman. She does promotions with D from time to time. Speaks English, very very cool people.

Sahsa is in the United States now (New York) and she just had a baby a few months ago.. I have her Fb info if any one wants it

hugrad95a
01-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Sahsa is in the United States now (New York) and she just had a baby a few months ago.. I have her Fb info if any one wants it

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/370459_566953487_1549775426_n.jpg

BrooklynBeas
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM

Best BBQ In NYC -rack and soul 258 west 109 street.... The food is amazing and great price for the big portions they give... I usually get pulled pork, baby back ribs combo with BBQ baked beans, and Mac n cheez, the combo is 20 bucks and way more then you can eat.. I take home at least half of my meal when I go there... They also make some amazing butter biscuits!

Can't wait to try Big D's in 12 days.. There are very few places I like to eat at in DR and usually lose weight between not eating much and alot of excersize (in the bedroom)...

BrooklynBeas
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Rack n Soul could be a nice spot for a monger dinner get together in NYC in the near future,,, small place but we can make reservations to get nice dinner get together... Looking forward to Big D's... Don't care about the novela goin on if any, just wanna have good food and hang with the fellas

BrooklynBeas
01-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Do we still get 20% off if we mention ISOC? Or any other deal?

Apos
01-28-2013, 01:17 PM
A buddy and I had Big D's on the beach a couple of times the last trip and it was even better than I'd remembered! :corky:

Derek is back and BBQin up a feast. We had both the chicken and the ribs and when we were done there was nothing but bones left! lol :bigthumbup:

tonymd
01-28-2013, 01:55 PM
I have a couple of meals there on all my trips. The food is good, and its an excellent spot to chill, and take in the sights and sounds of the beach.

continentalmike
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
A buddy and I had Big D's on the beach a couple of times the last trip and it was even better than I'd remembered! :corky:

Derek is back and BBQin up a feast. We had both the chicken and the ribs and when we were done there was nothing but bones left! lol :bigthumbup:

You left out that one could walk by, order food and had it delivered at the place were one would drink, usually the place with the Canadian snow goose and her hairy father in charge :)

Food is good but it ain't cheap DR$ 900 for a full rack of ribs:wink:

Rubicon
01-28-2013, 06:29 PM

Glad to hear that. I stopped in during my last few trips but was told he was back in the states, and last trip he was in town but hadn't opened yet. Will be in PP in a couple of weeks and will stop in.

Festy
02-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Big D's mentioned to me he also has a place in Cabarete on the beach. I plan to check out BOTH places when I get there in a couple weeks. Sosua Beach and Cabarete

jose1234
04-22-2014, 08:39 PM
FYI for Big D's fans. He is going to be open on Friday nights (6pm to 10pm) at the Mid-Town restaurant and bar at the Don Antonio's hotel. The hotel is on Dr. Rosen street across from the Metro bus station. I think he will have his regular BBQ items and some smaller plates for 149 pesos.

Al Nyc
04-23-2014, 01:05 PM
FYI for Big D's fans. He is going to be open on Friday nights (6pm to 10pm) at the Mid-Town restaurant and bar at the Don Antonio's hotel. The hotel is on Dr. Rosen street across from the Metro bus station. I think he will have his regular BBQ items and some smaller plates for 149 pesos.

That is good news since I'm currently in Sosua right now, definitely going to check it out. He has the best BBQ food in Sosua.:o

balcoach
04-23-2014, 02:30 PM
I am here reading the board, looked at this post and saw who the originator was... HOSEMAN!

RIP brother, D you are never forgotten!!!

Festy
11-27-2016, 11:31 AM
I have heard that Big D has moved around quite a bit since this thread was last updated. Over at Victorian House? Now back on the beach? Where is he located now? Thanks in advance.

Irie
11-27-2016, 11:42 AM
I have heard that Big D has moved around quite a bit since this thread was last updated. Over at Victorian House? Now back on the beach? Where is he located now? Thanks in advance.

He's still on the beach (if the rains haven't chased him away). It's within the first 100 yards or so when entering from the beach road. Big grill, can't miss it.

captain69
11-27-2016, 02:02 PM
I think Big D can be found at # 17. His ribs are as tasty as ever!!! The place he is now in, has a second floor. You can not miss it.

Apos
06-05-2017, 11:54 PM
It's Big D's Birthday today and you have about 5 minutes left to wish him well :rolleyes: (Or it's belated for you) :p