PDA

View Full Version : Sosua Life (January 9, 2005 and ongoing)

passasabe
01-19-2005, 02:22 PM
I have noticed a couple of posts lately that briefly mention Sosua News. This place was under construction or remodeling when I was there in November. The set up looked cool and the place looked like it was going to open immediately following my departure. It also appeared that another spot was under construction near the fancy seafood restaurant (they were bulding the roof with the palm leaves). Any word on this? Any posting, report, update, or recommendation about Sosua News would be appreciated.

Jimmydr
01-19-2005, 02:23 PM
I have noticed a couple of posts lately that briefly mention Sosua News. This place was under construction or remodeling when I was there in November. The set up looked cool and the place looked like it was going to open immediately following my departure. It also appeared that another spot was under construction near the fancy seafood restaurant (they were bulding the roof with the palm leaves). Any word on this? Any posting, report, update, or recommendation about Sosua News would be appreciated.

I think I was there, its a nice place.

Reel Deal
01-19-2005, 11:21 PM
It's a really nice, glitzy rockin' place if it's what I think you mean. Gotta be serious competition for Latino and Classico.

passasabe
01-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Is it a bar, club, or both? Thanks for your input.

Don Tomas
01-20-2005, 04:36 PM

I think they are talking about Sosua Life, never noticed a Sosua News. Could be wrong though.

Anyways it's a large outdoor bar. Everytime I walked by they were playing American music and everytime they tried to drag me in I said no because you play too much American Music. Sorry when I'm in the DR I want Merengue & Bachata. I will listen to Reggaeton but it's normally not played in clubs.

passasabe
01-20-2005, 05:28 PM
There's both Don. I clearly remember Sosua News being under construction because almost everytime I walked by there I joked with the 3 guys how great of a job they were doing painting the front wall that was about 20 feet long. Talk about working in slow motion.

I completely agree with you about the music. The last feeling I want to get in a foreign country is that I am in America. I was so happy no to see any fast food chains in Sosua. I don't know how everyone else here feels but that Spanish music made me even hornier.

Don Tomas
01-20-2005, 05:46 PM
There's both Don. I clearly remember Sosua News being under construction because almost everytime I walked by there I joked with the 3 guys how great of a job they were doing painting the front wall that was about 20 feet long. Talk about working in slow motion.

I completely agree with you about the music. The last feeling I want to get in a foreign country is that I am in America. I was so happy no to see any fast food chains in Sosua. I don't know how everyone else here feels but that Spanish music made me even hornier.

Where about is Sosua News?

tampabukkake
01-20-2005, 06:15 PM
If you are talking about Sosua Life... it is the old Miami Bar/Pool Hall that had the street rats. Now talk about change ! It is the place. They have about 15 chica bartendrs... all avail for salida of 500 pesos.

Also it is the early place.... statrs going good about 9 pm. Gets really packed until about 11 30 where it seems the whole crowd walks up the block to the old Merengue Bar downstairs from Classico. THAT stys packed until 12 30 when everyone starts going up to the Classico.

The D Latino is dead.

Now as you walk by the Sosua Life each afternoon there are guys giving fliers for a strip show at 10 pm. In the 11 days there they never had a strip show!

One other thing I would be aware of (maybe it was just me but it happened three times and happened to others) When you order a drink they give you a bill, you pay the bartender and she walks over to the cashier then she brings back the change. Well thishappened with a couple of chicas so I think it is the guy at the register, but if you give them a 500 peso bill, the guys seems to lose count as I was shorted change by 100 pesos. When I brought it to there atention, they immediately reach under the register (rather than the drawer) and return the 100 peso no question.

Like I said it might of been only me but a slight warning.

The chicas there are the same ones you will se in the disco... but are cheaper at that time? Go figure!

BrooklynBeas
01-20-2005, 09:46 PM
they are cheaper cause they can always go back to the disco when they are done with you and make more money... its early... i have always paid less either really early or really late...

WHich is the place with the flourescent lights in front.. i think they may be blue... is that news or life?

psriches
01-20-2005, 09:52 PM
they are cheaper cause they can always go back to the disco when they are done with you and make more money... its early... i have always paid less either really early or really late...

WHich is the place with the flourescent lights in front.. i think they may be blue... is that news or life?that's life!!

BrooklynBeas
01-20-2005, 09:54 PM

WHich is the place with the flourescent lights in front.. i think they may be blue... is that news or life?that's life!!

OK so then where is the News place again... im startin to get confused :shock:

Reel Deal
01-20-2005, 11:10 PM

I think they are talking about Sosua Life, never noticed a Sosua News. Could be wrong though.

Anyways it's a large outdoor bar. Everytime I walked by they were playing American music and everytime they tried to drag me in I said no because you play too much American Music. Sorry when I'm in the DR I want Merengue & Bachata. I will listen to Reggaeton but it's normally not played in clubs.They were playing M and B the several times I strolled by last trip...

MisterPink
01-21-2005, 09:15 AM
CENSORED

BrooklynBeas
01-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Some very nice talent @ "Sosua Life".
Drinks are also a little cheaper than D' Classico.
They also play decent Hip Hop!
It is a nice alternative to the disco.
I pulled an exotic 5' 9 cafe con leche last night.

photos? por favor dice si...

knotty
01-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Some very nice talent @ "Sosua Life".
Drinks are also a little cheaper than D' Classico.
They also play decent Hip Hop!
It is a nice alternative to the disco.
I pulled an exotic 5' 9 cafe con leche last night.

photos? por favor dice si...

That's actually where I pulled my 1st free joint there. IMO there are alot of nice catches in there. Nice and spacious and got a cool lounge area.

vagabond
01-21-2005, 07:34 PM
Sosuanews.com is a good web site. Sosua LifeBar is the new bar at the old Miami Sports bar. Maybe start a new topic for discussions abot Sosua Life Bar ?

BROOKLYN_357
01-22-2005, 09:33 AM
THE SOSUA LIFE is straight, it's about 30 meters from Classico's....it has this bluish/green illuminating light, spacious with lounge couches and a area in the back to play pool....huge bar and lots of nice looking bartenders

gdogg
01-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Sosua News does not exist! At least that's what I'm getting from this thread. :D

Sosua Life is a great place to hang out. Even with that nutty manager trying to set you up with every bartender and female patron in the place.

BrooklynBeas
01-22-2005, 03:28 PM
OK so i was there the first night they opened (life) with my dominican friend... stayed a lil while then went to classicos... what the fuck... why are we getting no news on sosua news?!?!?!?!

knotty
01-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Sosua News does not exist! At least that's what I'm getting from this thread. :D

Sosua Life is a great place to hang out. Even with that nutty manager trying to set you up with every bartender and female patron in the place.

Damn, and I thought I was the only one they did that too. :lol:

BROOKLYN_357
01-23-2005, 11:54 AM
we already have Domino's sewn up, we might have to do the same for Sosua Life, but we are definitely going to have to give them our cd's, cause that last night i was there, they were playing Boy George "do you really want to hurt me, do you really want to make me cry", hahahaha

jd_mine
01-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm not gonna hang out there if it's only american music. I'm on holiday and want to feel like i'm on holiday. Exact same reason I do not like Voodoo Lounge. Although the fact that there's no girls there helps as well.
Only reason to go there is if you're with a girl and you do not want your other girls to see you.

psriches
01-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Why don't we change the name of the thread to SOSUA LIFE??

passasabe
01-23-2005, 05:19 PM
I could have sworn I saw a Sosua News under construction. It had a blacklight neon sign, what walls inside, and a green front wall. I remeber the bar downstairs from D'Classico. It was always crowded (I hate crowds thats why I never bothered going to D'Classico too) so never bothered to go there. Maybe I had my Foggy Goggles on or I'm just confused. LOL!!! I'm sorry if I have the name confused.

BrooklynBeas
01-23-2005, 06:06 PM
I could have sworn I saw a Sosua News under construction. It had a blacklight neon sign, what walls inside, and a green front wall. I remeber the bar downstairs from D'Classico. It was always crowded (I hate crowds thats why I never bothered going to D'Classico too) so never bothered to go there. Maybe I had my Foggy Goggles on or I'm just confused. LOL!!! I'm sorry if I have the name confused.

its ok ... we understand, your from Boston!

:P :shock: :D :twisted: :roll:

knotty
01-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Yeah, man, you're a little confused cuz you just described SosuaLife.

jd mine,

They don't only play american music. They play a mixture of all types of music, but you will hear more than the normal 50 Cent CD.

passasabe
01-24-2005, 08:32 AM
I knew you New Yorkers had a heart. Go Patriots!!! Go Red Sox!!! Yankees Suck!!!

tampabukkake
01-24-2005, 08:46 AM

Now to add to the confusion ......

There is a Sosua News Cafe... actually News Cafe Sosua ... so passasbe you are correct ! It is across from the Europa actually form the Residential and Hali Gali. They also have rooms for rent and it is run by a German!
Here is the site... I couldn t let a monger brother be wrong so did some research ....
http://www.newscafesosuadr.com/en_2140.html

passasbe I ll take a chica and a presidente !

psriches
01-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Why don't we change the name of the thread to SOSUA LIFE??Why don't we now change it to Sosua Life/News...... LMAO :lol:

psriches
01-24-2005, 06:08 PM
I knew you New Yorkers had a heart. Go Patriots!!! Go Red Sox!!! Yankees Suck!!!Hey, hey, hey!!! Be Nice!!! :wink:

passasabe
01-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah its all good its just fun and games. We are all lovers and not fighters. Beas already knows he's one of my mentors.

Tampabukkake: You got it!!!

BrooklynBeas
01-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah its all good its just fun and games. We are all lovers and not fighters. Beas already knows he's one of my mentors.

thanks... I actually like the Red Sox better then the Yanks.. actually i hate the Yankees but sometimes still wear their hat cause the navy blue color matches with some of my clothes and i do shit like that... Im a sorry ass Mets fan to be honest... they may be good this year... we have the best dominican pitcher! and i believe the GM is dominican too... i know he has great connections in the DR and with Latin players all over!

D_W_
01-25-2005, 11:16 PM

thanks... I actually like the Red Sox better then the Yanks.. actually i hate the Yankees but sometimes still wear their hat cause the navy blue color matches with some of my clothes and i do shit like that... Im a sorry ass Mets fan to be honest... they may be good this year... we have the best dominican pitcher! and i believe the GM is dominican too... i know he has great connections in the DR and with Latin players all over!

Yankees rule!

My job is full of sorry ass Met fans. They're the Jets of baseball. :P

passasabe
01-26-2005, 09:31 AM
The Mets will get one maybe two good years out of Pedro. I don't blame him or the Red Sox for his departure. The Mets are the ones stupid enough to sign him for four years. He was only good for seven innings this past season although they were the best seven innings in baseball. Sorry for getting off the subject.

vagabond
01-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Was there last night, pretty quiet. Went over to Merengue later, It was packed, with a lot more girls, some of them real lookers.

psriches
01-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Was there last night, pretty quiet. Went over to Merengue later, It was packed, with a lot more girls, some of them real lookers.packed wed. night but not alot of chicas....

vagabond
01-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes was there also yesterday, seems like the chica % is higher at Merengue, especially in the hours before Classico get's going. However last night the police had a big operation taking a lot of girls inn. Most girls was realy scared.

Kevy
01-28-2005, 10:45 AM
I am not sure which bar is the merengue, but they did seem a little less packed yesterday. Sosua life actually was probably as busy as I have seen it all week. Many chicas.

psriches
01-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I am not sure which bar is the merengue, but they did seem a little less packed yesterday. Sosua life actually was probably as busy as I have seen it all week. Many chicas.I was sitting next to you buddy and i would have to agree. Mucho chicas!!

BadGoodMan
03-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Hi Passabe I responded to you in Puta Profiles. I think people say Big Busted Adelfa works at Sosua Life. How much does she charge there> How Big Are those Tits also? Also Does She do ANAL?

BROOKLYN_357
03-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi Passabe I responded to you in Puta Profiles. I think people say Big Busted Adelfa works at Sosua Life. How much does she charge there> How Big Are those Tits also? Also Does She do ANAL?

how big do you think the tits are??, lol....with pesos these chicas will do anything

psriches
03-19-2005, 12:25 PM
packed every night...........

Kevy
03-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Is it still the packed and then most leave for Classico after?

gdogg
03-19-2005, 12:54 PM
People go back and forth. They both are packed at the same time!

vagabond
09-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Latest news, is that Willy, the owner, now is running for mayor of Sosua.
The bar is still often busy, but emptys fast when the crow is heading for Classico.

gdogg
09-29-2005, 03:14 AM
I'd vote for him!!

JDR
09-29-2005, 08:20 AM
This was a must stop in September. Its in the middle of all the action.

psriches
09-29-2005, 04:13 PM
WOW!! Who would ever believe that a Mayor owns a whore bar!! (if he wins of course)

jd_mine
09-29-2005, 04:40 PM
I hate that fuckin guy standing in front of the place trying to talk you in with false promises!
He always promises a free beer and then when you sit down, they give you a mamajuana.
KevyBoy and I fell for it back in May. Then this last trip I fell for it again. But this time I just walked out when they gave me the mamajuana, went up to the guy and told him he was a lyer.
Then the next day this mayor guy tried to talk me into the place. I told him i would never step foot in there again because his employee kept lying all the time. He conceded that was problem with that guy and told me he understood and no hard feelings.
The place is almost only frequented by the chilean military now. Bcak in may these guys were all the rage with the girls (young, goodlooking and speaking spanish). This time a lot of girls told me they wouldn't associate with the chileans anymore because they learned these guys didn't have $$$ to spend on them.......

Kevy
09-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah I remeber that, I was pissed about it. Knotty and I forced him to give us beers in July. Then he can by with a cup asking for some for himself. I got another beer out of him in August, but only a glass, he gave the rest to a chica?
The chileans are around, but I guess their game isn't new anymore. The no visa thing and all. Only Retlie taken to chile.

JDR
09-29-2005, 06:49 PM
I hate that fuckin guy standing in front of the place trying to talk you in with false promises!
He always promises a free beer and then when you sit down, they give you a mamajuana.

He is a class A Jackoff.

Apos
09-29-2005, 07:40 PM

He is a class A Jackoff.
never had time for him myself. if that's how he runs his business do we really want him as mayor?

TG37
09-29-2005, 07:54 PM
same shit happened to me !! was looking for a beer they they hand me this other .. I left it on the bar and walked out!!

TG37
09-29-2005, 07:56 PM
KevyBoy and I fell for it back in May. Then this last trip I fell for it again. But this time I just walked out when they gave me the mamajuana, went up to the guy and told him he was a lyer.
Then the next day this mayor guy tried to talk me into the place. I told him i would never step foot in there again because his employee kept lying all the time. He conceded that was problem with that guy and told me he understood and no hard feelings.
The place is almost only frequented by the chilean military now. Bcak in may these guys were all the rage with the girls (young, goodlooking and speaking spanish). This time a lot of girls told me they wouldn't associate with the chileans anymore because they learned these guys didn't have $$$ to spend on them....... hey Jd i think that was the same night we were going to Club X

jd_mine
09-30-2005, 03:17 PM
I think so, yeah! Funny thing is, after I called the guy a lyer, he never tried to get me into the club again in the 2 weeks afterwards.

sosuaman
09-30-2005, 10:55 PM
same thing happened to me ,,, yet i drank the drink i ordered,, then told them to keep the mamajuana and the bill for 250 pesos,,,, and simply walked out ignoring the idiot that trys to lure me into the bar every time i walk by ,, but like someone else said,, after that he has just ignored me since ,,

ErikS
09-30-2005, 10:59 PM
You mean that there isn't a strip show contest going to start soon?

Actually, I kinda like the free mamajuannna shot!

vagabond
10-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Incredibly slow night last night. Almost deserted here and at Dominos, a few more people at Merengue, but none exiting girls out yesterday.

WSJ3
10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Incredibly slow night last night. Almost deserted here and at Dominos, a few more people at Merengue, but none exiting girls out yesterday.

Thats too bad...

Maybe its time to give the cops a kickback to lay off the chicas...