PDA

View Full Version : Sex-tourism operation nets three, Justice Department says

SJG
08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
Sex-tourism operation nets three, Justice Department says (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/31/cambodia.sex.tourism/index.html)

The initiative, Operation Twisted Traveler, is an effort by the Justice Department and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement to crack down on sex tourism.

Now, why couldn't that headline have read, Pedophiles Arrested in Justice Departement Operation? I'd also be interested in finding out exactly what the scope of "Operation Twisted Traveller" is all about. On the surface, they say it is to track and arrest those that travel outside the US for illegal sex with minors. But I wonder just how far Twisted Traveller can be twisted outside of what everyone says it is in the media. Could it be twisted and applied to anyone that they say travels outside the US for the purpose of sex? It's a noble thing that I fully endorse to protect children. We just need to be viligent in case some "moral majority type" tries to widen the focus of a good program. Not only would it take the focus off what it should be doing, protecting kids and punishing sick fucks, but it would be something that those of us that choose to engage in consenting, adult, economic exchanges indulges in.

WSJ3
08-31-2009, 10:19 PM
MSNBC is always airing to catch a predator. I really doubt that the Justice Dept is going to say HEY SJG you cant travel anymore because we think you are engaging in sex tourism.

If you monger in DR and LE can prove it then you can be in a world of hurt but that's the thing.

How do you prove that the tenderonie that tossed your salad the previous evening did it for cash.

I don't think this is cause for alarm.

SJG
08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah, maybe, maybe not. But the stated purpose of the program is to stop sex tourism. Great if you rack up kid touchers, I'm all for it.

Not so great if they pull you aside coming back through customs and start going through your laptop and camera and finding your strudle burried in some (perfectly of age) hotties. Do you have proof they where all 18? Isn't prostitution illegal everywhere in the US except for certain counties in Nevada?

I think if you monger in countries where it is legal, and don't mess with kids, you should be fine. I think the scumbags in Cambodia where probably caught by the locals, and reported it to the US Justice department as part of this new program.

But if you are a US Citizen and get arrested mongering in a country where prositiution is not legal, I have no doubt you could be in jeopardy from this new program. Where you might have gotten a slap on the wrist or just kicked out of that country in the past.

Can't be too careful.

SJG
09-01-2009, 08:06 AM
According to the LA Times, this operation specifically focuses on US travelers to Cambodia who have sex with children. That is good new to hear. Let's hope they don't loose focus.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-cambodia1-2009sep01%2C0%2C2926101.story

PapiQueRico
09-01-2009, 09:19 AM
If this is really the target and scope of the program I think we can all heartily support it!