PDA

View Full Version : AA jet with more than 100 aboard makes forced landing, no injuries

gmalet
09-02-2009, 08:25 PM
SANTO DOMINGO.- An American Airlines jet with more than 100 passengers on board made a forced landing Wednesday morning, from a technical fault as it headed to Miami, Florida.

Airport authorities reported that the plane left the Las Americas International Airport terminal at 10:23 a.m. headed to Miami, but after thirty minutes into the flight the pilot noticed a failure in the lower part of the fuselage.

The report said the fault reading originated from an open compartment and which prompted a strong vibration.

It adds that the emergency situation activated the search and rescue system to assist the craft in its forced landing, which occurred without injuries.

mikelodge
09-03-2009, 12:00 AM
SANTO DOMINGO.- An American Airlines jet with more than 100 passengers on board made a forced landing Wednesday morning, from a technical fault as it headed to Miami, Florida.

Airport authorities reported that the plane left the Las Americas International Airport terminal at 10:23 a.m. headed to Miami, but after thirty minutes into the flight the pilot noticed a failure in the lower part of the fuselage.

The report said the fault reading originated from an open compartment and which prompted a strong vibration.

It adds that the emergency situation activated the search and rescue system to assist the craft in its forced landing, which occurred without injuries.

Apparently noone wants to reply to this. All I can say gee thanks for it being AA the Airline I fly the second most behind Delta/NWA (only because we are a hub and former HDQ). Very encouraging to think of a cargo door flying open and many uninsured bags flying out of the hold. Some people would gain with the settlement if they were ALIVE but the ones with the high test toys along (not me) would lose.