PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay first time to D.R?

lickemlow69
09-07-2009, 05:12 AM
My first time to D.R where should I stay. I have reservations in Santo Domingo at the Hilton. Is Sousa better? Which one has more women and a better price?

MrHappy
09-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Read the archives, my friend, use the force.....

SeaWeed
09-07-2009, 08:04 AM
if you are in Santo Domingo you can head over to the beach at Boca Chica which is only about 10-15 minutes away which will have a lot of Chicas.......arriving in Sosua for the first time so I can't say if it is better or not.....but mi have been told by many that Sosua is better.......

JD426
09-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Are you fluent in spanish ?

lickemlow69
09-07-2009, 11:44 AM
No I'm not fluent in spanish.

davemaryland
09-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey lickemlow69

With not being fluent in Spanish. Cancell the Hilton

Go to the North Coast, Sosua. Everything you need is there. With in a 10 minute walk.
Read this board on Sosua and it will answer alot of questions.
Then feel free to ask some more.

bklyndrguy
09-07-2009, 05:31 PM
if u are looking for chicas and fun sosua is #1
cdstart=new%20garden&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/domrepflag.jpg&yr=2009&mo=9&da=29&hr=0&mi=0&sc=0&cdend=undefined&txtcolor=undefined&untilcolor=undefined

Jay_t
09-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Sosua my friend , and check out the New Garden for a place to lay your head at night.

weyland
09-07-2009, 06:58 PM
If you don't have a lot of Spanish, then Sosúa, staying at the New Garden or Seebreeze. You are sure to meet other ISOC guys who will show you around.

If for any reason you don't fancy Sosúa and want to stay somewhere cheap (US$29 per night) and quiet, then consider Field of Dreams.

If you are like me on my first trip (I am sure you are not!), timid, unconfident and knowing nothing, then Barba Negra (Blackbeards) is the safest nest.

Santo Domingo has its attractions but it is harder to find your way around as things are more spread out and generally more expensive. In Sosúa everything is within walking distance and there are hundreds of whores to choose from.

lickemlow69
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Thank you. Cancelling the Hilton as we speak.

mikelodge
09-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Thank you. Cancelling the Hilton as we speak.

Oh no, I guess Paris will be sleeping alone.

My picture turned into a red dot so here is another

http://images.justschoolgirls.net/st/thumbs/014/0699898987.jpg (http://www.cheerleadergals.com/st/st.php?id=227&script=1&url=http://www.nsgalleries.com/hosted1/jb/gals/ashly-lace/index.php?id=100153;p=2&p=)

SeaWeed
09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
smart move lick........I've been in Santo Domingo and yes it is alot more expensive there than most anywhere else in the DR.......about the only good thing about Santo Domingo is the flights are usually cheaper to there versus other cities in the DR........but these days the prices are great all over the DR especially POP which you would want to fly into for Sosua........

polbian
09-12-2009, 02:26 AM
how much would a cab cost from SDQ airport to sousa?

Downtown
09-12-2009, 07:48 AM

You might want to consider changing your flight to POP too!

MrHappy
09-12-2009, 08:10 AM

More than you want to pay. Take a cab to SD, get on Caribe Tours or Metro.

SeaWeed
09-12-2009, 10:05 AM

think it is like $250US one way by taxi.......ouch......

should be able to do it with one of those transfer companies mi think?

personally I would change the flight to POP and pay up.....that is haul getting from SDQ to Sosua and really not worth the effort unless you are there for a month or two........and even then I am not sure if I would do it

JD426
09-12-2009, 11:26 AM
think it is like $250US one way by taxi.......ouch......

should be able to do it with one of those transfer companies mi think?

personally I would change the flight to POP and pay up.....that is haul getting from SDQ to Sosua and really not worth the effort unless you are there for a month or two........and even then I am not sure if I would do it

Exactly,
And Cost aside, the time involved and possibilities of something going wrong, esp on the way back home. WAY too much stress after a nice vacation, why ruin it.
Its a fun scenic ride if you do it with a bunch of guys in a car or van, in the BEGIN of your vacation, like flying INTO SDQ , spend couple days there in SD and perhaps Boca chica day trips , then drive to the north coast, hang there, and then return via POP . Thats a fun trip, and you enjoy the sights.
But not back and forth, just to get to the same airport, thats just pure Stress.

hioctane
09-19-2009, 02:07 AM

Most people take the bus from Santo Domingo. I think it's less than $10. Be prepared for a long 6-8 hour ride!:eek:

gdogg
09-19-2009, 04:53 AM
How long are you staying? If you're staying for a lot of days, the Caribe Tours bus trip from the capitol to Sosua may not be too bad (I hear). Mostly chicas who you'll be seeing in the clubs later that night. You may have the pick of the litter!

swiggy
09-22-2009, 07:56 PM
How long are you staying? If you're staying for a lot of days, the Caribe Tours bus trip from the capitol to Sosua may not be too bad (I hear). Mostly chicas who you'll be seeing in the clubs later that night. You may have the pick of the litter!

4 hour ride from santo domingo, bus has airconditoning and a bathroom too if im not mistaken , seats are comfortable. was around 10 dollars. i met 3 or 4 people between waiting for the bus and the ride. leaves every hour in the morning till 7pm leaves sosua to santo domingo until 5pm.