PDA

View Full Version : Open jaw tickets and Carib Tours

Dark Knight
01-22-2005, 04:54 AM
One way to save money is to buy an open jaw ticket. An open jaw ticket is when you go to one city but return from another. You arange your own transportation between the two cities.

It is less expensive to buy JFK-SDQ-POP-JFK OR JFK-STI-POP-JFK $260 then JFK-POP-JFK $400. If you go to Santo Domingo you can spend a few days in Boca Chica and check out the action. You then take a cab($20) to the carib tour bus station in Santo Domingo. Buses leave for Sosua every hour from 6am to 6pm. A comfortable a/c 4.5 hour ride for $7.

From Santiago you can take a cab from the airport to the carib tour bus station for a nice 1.5 hour ride. A cab direct to Sousa will be about $65

You can buy open jaw tickets on aa.com or other travel sites by clicking the multi-city button.

BROOKLYN_357
01-22-2005, 09:35 AM
One way to save money is to buy an open jaw ticket. An open jaw ticket is when you go to one city but return from another. You arange your own transportation between the two cities.

It is less expensive to buy JFK-SDQ-POP-JFK OR JFK-STI-POP-JFK $260 then JFK-POP-JFK $400. If you go to Santo Domingo you can spend a few days in Boca Chica and check out the action. You then take a cab($20) to the carib tour bus station in Santo Domingo. Buses leave for Sosua every hour from 6am to 6pm. A comfortable a/c 4.5 hour ride for $7.

From Santiago you can take a cab from the airport to the carib tour bus station for a nice 1.5 hour ride. A cab direct to Sousa will be about $65

You can buy open jaw tickets on aa.com or other travel sites by clicking the multi-city button.

WOW...thanks for the info...i may try that next time

gdogg
01-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Interesting. Definitely worth looking into.

BigTrick
01-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks carirju.....that's dam good info. I just searched some fare and it is actually cheaper. I can spend a few days in STI and end my trip and leave from POP. Perfect!

Gutter Meat
01-26-2005, 04:50 AM
I booked jfk-sti-pop-jfk for $260 r/t Feb 7th. jfk-pop-jfk was over $100 more.

Apos
01-26-2005, 08:18 AM

What airlines are you guys using?

Jimmydr
01-26-2005, 08:22 AM

American Airlines or Jet Blue.

BrooklynBeas
01-26-2005, 08:37 AM

American Airlines or Jet Blue.

The special Gutter is talkin about is AA cause Jet Blue doesnt fly to or out of STI... plus i checked the prices for similar flights and they are similar prices

Malibook
01-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Guttermeat, I think you meant to say that Jet Blue doesn't fly in or out of POP... not STI. They definitely service STI.

Regarding the open jaw trick. I've used it several times - usually into POP and out of STI (for scheduling reasons) - everytime on AA. I've grown to enjoy the Caribe trip into STI, and often spend my last night there.

BrooklynBeas
01-26-2005, 07:55 PM
macmasher it was me... thanks for catchin it... ur right... simple mistake... just when i thought i was perfect! :?

psriches
02-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Uh Oh!!! The entire month of March is $260 open-jaw on American Airlines. I guess i'll be returning sooner than i think. So, how much for that carib bus from Santiago to Sosua? What is the schedule? Where does the bus leave you off? How far from bus drop off to Sosua hotels? How much should i pay a taxi from Sosua bus drop off to hotels? Anyone please!! :wink:

Apos
02-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Uh Oh!!! The entire month of March is $260 open-jaw on American Airlines. I guess i'll be returning sooner than i think. So, how much for that carib bus from Santiago to Sosua? What is the schedule? Where does the bus leave you off? How far from bus drop off to Sosua hotels? How much should i pay a taxi from Sosua bus drop off to hotels? Anyone please!! :wink:

the taxi to Caribe tours terminal is about $450 pesos and the bus to Los Charamicos was $80-100 pesos in December I think. A taxi fro the bus to your hotel should onlt be about $150 pesos.

The caribe Tours bus leaves

Every hour at ten after from 8:10 a.m. until 9:10 at night

HB :D:D

and the schedule is here

http://www.caribetours.com.do/interior.htm

and you may want to use this to translate

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Good luck and have fun!

I was going to do this route in May but I've hooked a ride instead.

psriches
02-02-2005, 09:38 PM
i haven't found a translator that translates into anything that makes any sence yet!!!

WSJ3
02-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Sounds like a bargain is waiting in the wings for March psriches buddy.

psriches
02-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a bargain is waiting in the wings for March psriches buddy.It most certainly does!! :wink:

the_Jayman
02-03-2005, 10:46 PM
You guys should come down the last Saturday in March and come to Black Beards for the bikini party.

Bring your cameras . . . We’re gonna have a HELL OF A BAR set up in one of our rooms right next to the pool . . .

hell . . . we even got extra beds for ST :mrgreen:

no charge if ya just mention I.S.O.C.

what is it they say? . . . Membership has its Privileges ! !

BrooklynBeas
02-04-2005, 08:03 AM
You guys should come down the last Saturday in March and come to Black Beards for the bikini party.

Bring your cameras . . . We’re gonna have a HELL OF A BAR set up in one of our rooms right next to the pool . . .

hell . . . we even got extra beds for ST :mrgreen:

no charge if ya just mention I.S.O.C.

what is it they say? . . . Membership has its Privileges ! !

Free ST beds... wow thats tempting... Too bad ill be in Colombia 8)

el_papi_chew_low
02-04-2005, 10:13 AM
$260 open jaw from where in the USA?

I will be in the DR in March. I might have to check out the Bikini thingy.

BrooklynBeas
02-04-2005, 02:07 PM
$260 open jaw from where in the USA?

I will be in the DR in March. I might have to check out the Bikini thingy.

It doesnt matter from where cause you live in El Mundo... heh... Its from NY- JFK~~>>STI POP~~>>JFK

Tonto4
02-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Is this 260 fare inclusive of taxes and fees? The cheapest I'm finding on aa.com is like 335.

BrooklynBeas
02-04-2005, 08:08 PM
yes it is including taxes.... Go to the site... click the multicity button.... then put in Jfk to STI coming home put POP to JFK and it will be cheaper!!

Tonto4
02-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Sorry-
I only got 304 as the cheapest. If I can get 260 I'm booking!

BrooklynBeas
02-04-2005, 09:43 PM
keep looking... check a thursday or friday to a monday or tuesday... those are your best bets most likely... try not to fly on a weekend

Tonto4
02-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks Beas-
My first trip to Sosua in 4 weeks! 260. :D

BrooklynBeas
02-04-2005, 10:07 PM
your welcome and dont forget to post the report!... Welcome to our addiction my friend!

papirazzi
07-20-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm Sorry Fellas I had to Resurrect this thread....
I have a STUPID Question regarding Carib tours...
Is there a bus that leaves Santiago and goes to SD?

Apos
07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Is there a bus that leaves Santiago and goes to SD? yes...here's the link to the schedule
http://www.caribetours.com.do/ hit the "horarios" button then the left button "horarios desde santo domingo"
and scroll down to santiago

Apos
07-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Santiago

a.m. 6:00 6:30 6:45 7:00 7:15 7:45 8:00 8:30 9:00 9:30 10:00 11:00

p.m. 12:00 12:30 1:00 1:30 2:00 2:30 3:00 3:45 4:00 5:00 6:00 7:00

papirazzi
07-21-2006, 12:02 AM
yes...here's the link to the schedule
http://www.caribetours.com.do/ hit the "horarios" button then the left button "horarios desde santo domingo"
and scroll down to santiago
Thanks APOS

Apos
07-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Thanks APOSpor nada...i'll be using that same schedule in 21 more days myself :)

prtyr2
07-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Yes there is and apos was kind enough to post a link to their schedule. Here is another piece of advice. There are TWO caribe tours stops in STI. Los Jardines and Las Colinas. If you are heading to SDQ, head to Las Colinas, if you are heading to Sosua use the los jardines stop.

This may seem backwards as Los Jardines is closer to SD and Las Colinas is closer to Sosua. The problem is if you are heading to SD, there will already be people on board from Sosua, Puerto Plata and Las Colinas if you go to the Jardines stop. There is a chance that there may not be seats left by the time they get to Los Jardines. I have seen it happen many times.

This is even more important if you are traveling with a group and want any shot of sitting together.

Is there a bus that leaves Santiago and goes to SD?

papirazzi
07-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Yes there is and apos was kind enough to post a link to their schedule. Here is another piece of advice. There are TWO caribe tours stops in STI. Los Jardines and Las Colinas. If you are heading to SDQ, head to Las Colinas, if you are heading to Sosua use the los jardines stop.

This may seem backwards as Los Jardines is closer to SD and Las Colinas is closer to Sosua. The problem is if you are heading to SD, there will already be people on board from Sosua, Puerto Plata and Las Colinas if you go to the Jardines stop. There is a chance that there may not be seats left by the time they get to Los Jardines. I have seen it happen many times.

This is even more important if you are traveling with a group and want any shot of sitting together.

Good look Prtyr2!!! Thanks

MrHappy
07-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Yup, and more people get on at Las Colinas, so it's better to jump on there, and still find seats.