PDA

View Full Version : Credit Cards and Charging!

Jimmydr
04-14-2004, 10:48 AM
Where in sosua is it safe to use credit card?
please respond as iam short of cash
gracias

Mister NYC
04-15-2004, 11:28 AM
I never had a problem using the ATM at Banco Santa Cruz or Progresso (by Super Super in Sosua).

There are problems with the ATM at Banco Popular lately. Money being stolen, etc.

Make sure the ATM looks safe and not tapped into via some hole on the side, etc.

lexx_luthar
04-19-2004, 12:36 AM
I never had a problem using the ATM at Banco Santa Cruz or Progresso (by Super Super in Sosua).

There are problems with the ATM at Banco Popular lately. Money being stolen, etc.

Make sure the ATM looks safe and not tapped into via some hole on the side, etc.

Aside from ATM withdrawals, is it unusual to make purchases with a credit card?

nomad
04-19-2004, 09:17 AM
xxxx

Jimmydr
04-19-2004, 11:26 AM
It is asking for trouble!
Only use credit cards at legitimate established stores/hotels.
Visa and Amex both charge a 3% Vig on the exchange rate, FYI!

I use credit cards at restaurants and supermarkets usually.

nomad
04-19-2004, 11:59 AM
xxxx

Jimmydr
04-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Do the math on the exchange rate when you get the bill!
It is not pretty if you charge a 2 or 3 week stay.

If you are referring to me, its no big deal. Id rater not carry $2000 with me. :(

nomad
08-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Jimmy,

Since when have youhad $2000 in Sosua. You cheapskate.

Last exchange rate I heard was my wife. She changed WU for dollars. Yes I know we have had this talk JDR. Was 38 to the dollar in Cabarete.

Nomad

Jimmydr
08-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Jimmy,

Since when have youhad $2000 in Sosua. You cheapskate.

Last exchange rate I heard was my wife. She changed WU for dollars. Yes I know we have had this talk JDR. Was 38 to the dollar in Cabarete.

Nomad

Street rate is 38.50 this afternoon in Sosua.

RickRock
08-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Just talked to my girl, she got 39.5 today in the street.

BrooklynBeas
08-20-2004, 09:17 AM

I just talked to RickRocks girl and she got 39.5 from www.eviosboya.com
from the money he sent her... hahaha jugando contigo ricky

for the record envios is giving 38-1 today... fucking Leonel...
whats the deal with him borrowing 15million bucks from spain to pay the electric bill so DR can have electric ... anyone here of this

MisterPink
08-20-2004, 10:35 AM
CENSORED

Don Tomas
08-20-2004, 10:48 AM

I just talked to RickRocks girl and she got 39.5 from www.eviosboya.com
from the money he sent her... hahaha jugando contigo ricky

for the record envios is giving 38-1 today... fucking Leonel...
whats the deal with him borrowing 15million bucks from spain to pay the electric bill so DR can have electric ... anyone here of this

Actually it's more then $15M, It's a $65M line of credit from Spain, $15M for propane & $50M for electricity.

gdogg
08-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Screw electricity!! I'm doing alright with the inconsistent service. I want my pesos!!!

Don Tomas
08-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Screw electricity!! I'm doing alright with the inconsistent service. I want my pesos!!!

Adjust accordingly and pay the chica less. As I mentioned in another thread we will benefit from a lower exchange rate because if it is lower it means the economy is better. Leche and other stuff won't be so damn expensive so the chicas won't have to charge so much, of course there will be the stuck up bitches who will expect old prices.

The DR is in that rough time right now and until the market adjusts to the lower exchange rate our dollar just won't go as far as it did.

Trust me the majority of dollars coming into that country to the people is not from tourism or mongers but rather Dominicans who have gotten out to PR or the US. The market will stabilize. I'm of course excluding country to country loans, that is definitely where most of the hard currency goes.

gdogg
08-21-2004, 12:05 PM
You're right! And it was me you were addressing in the other thread when a similar subject came up. It'll sink in eventually!