PDA

View Full Version : Aparta Hotel Roma

FnB
09-14-2009, 02:39 PM
Update on Aparta Hotel Roma - I plan to travel down Mid November and emailed on reservations: http://apartahotelroma.com/ (http://apartahotelroma.com/) :

http://www.apartahotelroma.com/

Hi,
You choose the best hotel to make your reservation. The price of a standard room(one king bed for Two people) is $45us include taxes and fees per night in cash no credit card,
So if you have questions write us.
Thank You.

Tamar.

SeaWeed
09-14-2009, 05:33 PM
think that is very inexpensive for the colonial section of the city and the place looks nice......those prices are more like Boca Chica rates in a plain room.....

psriches
09-14-2009, 08:50 PM
think that is very expensive for the colonial section of the city and the place looks nice......those prices are more like Boca Chica rates in a plain room.....I disagree......

I stay in Ciudad Colonial all the time and i think the price is very low for what you get. In fact i'll say that most Capital mongers on this site, including myself, rate this hotel as the best value in town!!!

This is an outstanding hotel for the right price. Do a search here on the site.

officemgr
09-14-2009, 08:53 PM
I like it but those stairs are a bitch if you are on the third floor. Other than that its perfect. Supermercado across the street. Walking distance to some of the casas and if you stand on the corner long enough Yayow will pop up.

givengo440
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Fellas not to bust anyone's cherry but the MacMan, MadMike, and myself posted this information a while ago. Still I have said and will remain to say this is the best price in town the location is great (corner of duarte on the conde) right across from La Dispenca, and the employees are very helpful and proffessional. I have stayed there atleast (3) times in the last year and next month unless we stay on the Malecon for Octoberfest will stay there again. The only problem I have is Esperanza not being there anymore. Still Melo (bell hop) is the man!

yayow
09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I like it but those stairs are a bitch if you are on the third floor. Other than that its perfect. Supermercado across the street. Walking distance to some of the casas and if you stand on the corner long enough Yayow will pop up.

Yeah when I pop up you better have a cold Presidente with you:rofl::eek::iconTU:

givengo440
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM

It is funny Yayow did pop up during our last trip but we didn't and still don't know what he looks like but the next trip if we have to kidnap Yayow he'll pop up, down, and all around lol :toast:

psriches
09-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Fellas not to bust anyone's cherry but the MacMan, MadMike, and myself posted this information a while ago. Still I have said and will remain to say this is the best price in town the location is great (corner of duarte on the conde) right across from La Dispenca, and the employees are very helpful and proffessional. I have stayed there atleast (3) times in the last year and next month unless we stay on the Malecon for Octoberfest will stay there again. The only problem I have is Esperanza not being there anymore. Still Melo (bell hop) is the man!And Yayow, myself and others as well. That's why we said for him to do a search!!

RickRock
10-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Just made my reservation. Will be staying there for a few days then moving on to Boca Chica for a couple of nights.

SeaWeed
10-14-2009, 09:55 PM
where you staying in Boca Chica?

been a couple years since I've reached there........fun little town and some pretty hot chicas too.......good thing about Boca Chica is some real beautiful Chicas semi pros from Santo Domingo show up for some compensated dating......so they can go back to Santo Domingo and go nuts shopping.........just don't go with them.......lol

mikeyvanz
10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
When are you going? Monday they said that a trip for me for 10/24-10/30 was ok, but plans changed and i only need 10/24-10/27 which they said is not good. any other ideas on where to go?

WickedWillie
10-16-2009, 11:14 AM
This place is my SD home from home, wouldn't stay anywhere else in SD.

By the way the night-time reception guy has a very good in-call contact list of non/semi-pro Haitianas.:lol::lol::lol:

SeaWeed
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
gotta luv dem employees that go the extra mile for us mongers........it happens

one of the best sessions I ever got in Jamaica was setup by a security guard where I was staying in Jamaica.......she was a non pro and the security guards cousin......she was just looking to get some money for Christmas presents.....dat tru....she was stunning beside having an awesome body so I guess she be a 9.......mi never give tens.......lol.........oh da memories.......

Passport Playa
10-16-2009, 01:58 PM
This place is my SD home from home, wouldn't stay anywhere else in SD.

By the way the night-time reception guy has a very good in-call contact list of non/semi-pro Haitianas.:lol::lol::lol:

Dang!

Considering the fact that I was one of the first members of the Brotherhood to stay here (and I do have pleasant memories), I was going to try something different and off the Conde (www.jaguarapartstudios.com (http://www.jaguarapartstudios.com/)) since many non-pros/semi-pros don't particulary care for entering hotels that are Conde-based. Now I seem to have a different dilemna, do I return to an old favorite or do I try something new (where I can obtain more intel about Santo Domingo?)

Yayow, I need your help brother!

The Mac Man

yayow
10-16-2009, 02:51 PM
I have never checked it out, but I have heard good things about it, why don't you stay there and give us a report, always good to have another place on the radar.

See you guys when you reach.

RickRock
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
My reservation is already made. They are even providing an airport pickup for $30 us

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 12:33 AM
My reservation is already made. They are even providing an airport pickup for $30 us

What a bargain, how kind of them. Rentals are less than
$20 a day. :rolleyes:

ROVER
10-20-2009, 12:41 AM

Rentals ?????? Renting what ??

yayow
10-20-2009, 08:43 AM

Less than $20/day:confused:, where are you renting maybe you could share the info.

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Rentals ?????? Renting what ??

That would be a car. Econo Box $20 a day no problem in SDQ

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Less than $20/day:confused:, where are you renting maybe you could share the info.

Be happy to. Go to Avis and put in your dates at SDQ and use AWD #K444404 and see for yourself. I got 4 day rental (3 days 23 hours) for early March when I will be in the Capitol for $71 for compact car one size above Economy. That is less than $20 a day. It may require a over weekend rental to get the rate. I also have some similar codes for Alamo/National if you prefer to pick out your own car which they allow from a row of each class. Alamo use ID # 7014303 and if your rent for 4 days use $20 off coupon code AD5177JDJ

ROVER
10-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Be happy to. Go to Avis and put in your dates at SDQ and use AWD #K444404 and see for yourself. I got 4 day rental (3 days 23 hours) for early March when I will be in the Capitol for $71 for compact car one size above Economy. That is less than $20 a day. It may require a over weekend rental to get the rate. I also have some similar codes for Alamo/National if you prefer to pick out your own car which they allow from a row of each class. Alamo use ID # 7014303 and if your rent for 4 days use $20 off coupon code AD5177JDJ

I believe someone else responded to this question but since you seem to be the man with the experience using these codes, I understand that you book on line with the code and then have a contract but they never ask you when you pay for proof of belonging to the organization/club etc. ???

mikelodge
10-20-2009, 11:45 PM
I believe someone else responded to this question but since you seem to be the man with the experience using these codes, I understand that you book on line with the code and then have a contract but they never ask you when you pay for proof of belonging to the organization/club etc. ???

Rover to answer your question the Avis code was courtesy of my fellow Chicagoan Gmalet and yes I have experienced using it 6 times and have 6 print out confirmations. I know some of you will say what is to ensure that Avis or any Major Rental company will honor it in a foreign country? I think I can answer that as well. First many of them are privately owned (franchises) there and in many other places like Mex and all over Central Am. but they are bound by rules. Worst case senario I save the confirmation on my computer and bring a copy with me and if they object or fight it after I speak to a supervisor I politely say just a moment and pull out my Avis Wizard Card or National Emerald Club card or whichever one and say no problem I will call them and straighten this out. 90% of the time you are upgraded and out the door. One time in Mexico they tried to give me a VW bug with from the 70's with the roof cut off (no top) for the convertible I rented and told me all they had other than that was a jeep for 4 times the money. Hertz not only paid for the upgrade but comp'd the whole thing for my 2 hour ordeal when I got home and yes I had pictures they would not want anyone to see of the bug. I probably could have sold them to Avis for a fortune but I don't roll that way. I will be using the Avis deal in less than a week and will be happy to share the info with anyone that PM's me but I may not post much down there since I don't want to lose my new notebook. I seemed to digress as usual so let me finish answering your question by saying I have never had them ask for verification of a club or organization unless the offer specifically says to present upon renting for discount-- Example Entertainment Book Coupons for free upgrade or x amount off with coupon to be taken off at time of rental. That is a whole other course on coupons. Hope that helps. :smile:

psriches
10-21-2009, 12:16 AM
I used the Avis code last week in Santo Domingo and it worked fine!!!

FnB
10-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Hola!
The $ 30.00 airport pickup is news to me. I would rather give my hard earned dólares to a friendly hotel worker than the normal taxi ripoff driver. how is the best way to coordinate?

RickRock
10-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Hola!
The $ 30.00 airport pickup is news to me. I would rather give my hard earned dólares to a friendly hotel worker than the normal taxi ripoff driver. how is the best way to coordinate?

I arranged everything online with them. They asked if i needed a ride and i said yes. the confirmation email i got later on said that airport pickup was no problem and that it would be $30 US. Not wanting to drive while i'm on vacation,i welcomed the help.

ROVER
10-21-2009, 10:37 PM
From what I understand a taxi is 30 to 40 $U.S. so IMHO they should do a little better than that for a guest.

mikelodge
10-22-2009, 09:08 AM
From what I understand a taxi is 30 to 40 $U.S. so IMHO they should do a little better than that for a guest.

It's all relative to what you pay and where you stay just like some places that charge $10 for parking your car per day in Hawaii or less in SDQ. I would think that the Hilton or some of the name brand hotels would have a shuttle. With the bargains out there in SDQ like the Plaza Real Resort for $40 a night or Hotetur Dominican Bay $66 All INclusive for 2 people so with a well behaved friend what a bargain to eat, drink, sleep and play. Even the Renaissance, Melia and Embassey Suites by Hilton are all around 75-80 which I why I like to compare on Expedia. I don't know how the rooms at Aparta stack up to the first 2 here but perhaps someone can compare for those of us trying to pick our lodging.

yayow
10-22-2009, 09:26 AM
It's all relative to what you pay and where you stay just like some places that charge $10 for parking your car per day in Hawaii or less in SDQ. I would think that the Hilton or some of the name brand hotels would have a shuttle. With the bargains out there in SDQ like the Plaza Real Resort for $40 a night or Hotetur Dominican Bay $66 All INclusive for 2 people so with a well behaved friend what a bargain to eat, drink, sleep and play. Even the Renaissance, Melia and Embassey Suites by Hilton are all around 75-80 which I why I like to compare on Expedia. I don't know how the rooms at Aparta stack up to the first 2 here but perhaps someone can compare for those of us trying to pick our lodging.

There really is no comparison, ML when comparing something like Renaissance Jargua or Melia etc. to the Roma, although actually the rooms in the Roma I think compare very favorably, but really it is the other ammenties on site that places the Renaissances, Melia, Hiltons of the worlds apart, also for our hobby, the big name hotels, aren't what we are looking for, because we aren't what they are looking for. When I was married and came to the island to visit and stayed in Santo Domingo I always stayed at the Renaissance Jargua, but for mongering I would take the Roma any day.

mikelodge
10-22-2009, 09:56 AM
There really is no comparison, ML when comparing something like Renaissance Jargua or Melia etc. to the Roma, although actually the rooms in the Roma I think compare very favorably, but really it is the other ammenties on site that places the Renaissances, Melia, Hiltons of the worlds apart, also for our hobby, the big name hotels, aren't what we are looking for, because we aren't what they are looking for. When I was married and came to the island to visit and stayed in Santo Domingo I always stayed at the Renaissance Jargua, but for mongering I would take the Roma any day.

That make total sense to me unless you were wifed up with one you had spent some time with before and trusted or were willing to take a chance on which would not be my virgin capitol visiting self. Shall we say then that perhaps comparing the highly regarded Aparta to say the also recommended Riazor would be a more interesting comparison? Say in proximity to bars to pick up chicas and cost ect.

RickRock
10-22-2009, 01:17 PM
That make total sense to me unless you were wifed up with one you had spent some time with before and trusted or were willing to take a chance on which would not be my virgin capitol visiting self. Shall we say then that perhaps comparing the highly regarded Aparta to say the also recommended Riazor would be a more interesting comparison? Say in proximity to bars to pick up chicas and cost ect.
I'd love to know about this as well. Also would love some intel on the best casas near the roma

DCIronman
10-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd love to know about this as well. Also would love some intel on the best casas near the roma

Babydolls is very close to Roma. I'd have tried it out myself, but I was in a taxi and drivers get a percentage if they take you to a casa.

FnB
10-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Another good reference for food & other amenities is the mongering map detailed in another thread. It shows reative distances to baby Dolls as well as other places.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ie=UTF8&msid=106767774275556555984.00046d685b11334063b43&ll=18.467703,-69.898582&spn=0.009891,0.019248&z=16&mid=1246396605

mikelodge
10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Babydolls is very close to Roma. I'd have tried it out myself, but I was in a taxi and drivers get a percentage if they take you to a casa.
DC would you prefer the Aparta or Riazor? What about the rest of you down in the capitol?

psriches
10-22-2009, 05:48 PM
DC would you prefer the Aparta or Riazor? What about the rest of you down in the capitol?Refer to Yayow's post (#29). He summed it up best. It's comparing apples and oranges. It all depends on your needs. I feel that Roma is the best overall value.

DCIronman
10-22-2009, 06:56 PM
DC would you prefer the Aparta or Riazor? What about the rest of you down in the capitol?

I've never stayed in the Riazor. In fact, I've only stayed in two hotels in SD, Aparta Hotel Roma and the Mercure. Of the two, I thought that Roma was a much better deal.

You'd be better off listening to the others on this board who are more experienced in SD than I am. My primary experience is with Santiago and the North Coast, a fact that I'm trying to remedy.;)

RickRock
11-11-2009, 06:42 AM
cdstart=Santo%20Domingo&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/Brazil5.jpg&yr=2009&mo=11&da=17&hr=0&mi=0&sc=0&cdend=Party%20Time&txtcolor=0xffff00&untilcolor=0xff

givengo440
11-11-2009, 08:32 AM
You can get the ride to the airport for 700 pesos ($20 US) I got it from Roma multiple times in the past and I even got it my last trip from the Metro to Los Americas. Anyone paying more then $25 is paying to much.

fastfood98
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi there to all! I've never posted before, but since I'm making my first trip to the DR, i'm breaking the ice. Is anyone here gonna stay in the Roma this weekend? I'll be traveling alone and plan to have a great time.

RickRock
11-16-2009, 03:51 AM
Hi there to all! I've never posted before, but since I'm making my first trip to the DR, i'm breaking the ice. Is anyone here gonna stay in the Roma this weekend? I'll be traveling alone and plan to have a great time.

I'll be there this week from Tuesday until Sunday.

fastfood98
11-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Great! I'll hope to get there around noon on thursday. First stop??:eldrunko:

DRCowboy
11-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Hola! I will be at the Roma Friday to Sunday (November 20 to 29th). Look for a Gringo w/ red hair & beard. I'll buy you an El Presidente.

Jim

fastfood98
11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll get there tomorrow! My primary language is Spanish, however, never been there before, and even though I've read everything in the board twice, I'm taking the plunge here! I can't wait.

Jimmydr
08-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Lets bump!

psriches
08-07-2011, 10:46 AM
My favorite hotel when staying in the Capital; in the El Conde area. And now they have a sister hotel; Roma 2 located one block away, also on El Conde. Rooms are huuuge and range from $45-$55-$65. Chica friendly with no fee. Fridge and flat screens in the room. Air con and 3 fans in the room as well. Large size bathroom. Ask for a room that overlooks el conde and watch the chica parade. I'll see if i can obtain some pics for you guys.

psriches
08-07-2011, 10:46 AM
My favorite hotel when staying in the Capital; in the El Conde area is Hotel ROMA 2 located one block away from Roma 1. Rooms are huge and range from $45-$55-$65. Chica friendly with no fees. Fridge and flat screen in the room. Air con and 3 fans in the room as well. Large size bathroom. Dining table. Wall safe in the closet.

Ask for a room that overlooks el conde and watch the chica parade. Local rice and beans restaurant across the street.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23135&d=1312848303
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23134&d=1312848299
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23131&d=1312848289
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23125&d=1312848265
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23126&d=1312848272
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23127&d=1312848276
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23133&d=1312848292
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23128&d=1312848278
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23130&d=1312848285
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23129&d=1312848282
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23139&d=1312848320
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23136&d=1312848306

ROVER
08-07-2011, 11:57 AM
My favorite hotel when staying in the Capital; in the El Conde area. And now they have a sister hotel; Roma 2 located one block away, also on El Conde. Rooms are huuuge and range from $45-$55-$65. Chica friendly with no fee. Fridge and flat screens in the room. Air con and 3 fans in the room as well. Large size bathroom. Ask for a room that overlooks el conde and watch the chica parade. I'll see if i can obtain some pics for you guys.

ps..have you stayed in the sister hotel yet ?? If so how does it compare to the original one ?

Last time I was there they wanted to book me there but I asked to stay in the original hotel as I knew and liked it.

yayow
08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Rooms much nicer in two, a better version. Plus I have heard and don't quote me on this because this is only hearsay, but from a few guys, I have heard on occasion and this is only when they come there in groups happens once every 3 months or so, but that a lot of the gays that come down, like to stay in #1. Again the gay guys aren't in town that often, but when they come, they come together, and it seems that is their new favorite place, but when they are not in town it shouldn't be a problem.

DMV
08-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Rooms much nicer in two, a better version. Plus I have heard and don't quote me on this because this is only hearsay, but from a few guys, I have heard on occasion and this is only when they come there in groups happens once every 3 months or so, but that a lot of the gays that come down, like to stay in #1. Again the gay guys aren't in town that often, but when they come, they come together, and it seems that is their new favorite place, but when they are not in town it shouldn't be a problem.

I think you are right. Last time in Roma 1 there were a few gays in the hotel. Haven't seen them in II and I hope it stays that way.

TNT72
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Who was it? I think TonyTNT. He was saying how guys were walking Tranny's out of the place he was staying on one trip. I have no idea which one. But, he was commenting on the amount of obvious Tranny's he seen leaving.

TONYTNT40
08-07-2011, 02:03 PM

I stayed at Roma 1, in January and the place was infested with gays.They were bold too, I saw more guys taking guys to the room. I havent had that problem with RomaII yet.

psriches
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
ps..have you stayed in the sister hotel yet ?? If so how does it compare to the original one ?

Last time I was there they wanted to book me there but I asked to stay in the original hotel as I knew and liked it.My review is for the sister hotel Roma 2. I have a review from Roma 1 somewhere but it's 5 years outdated.

And i didn't see any gays or trannies in Roma 2. In fact, i saw more gays at Mercure. But i don't have any hang ups like that anyway. They don't bother me at all. More chicas for me!!

Roma 2 is my current hotel of choice for the El Conde area.

ROVER
08-07-2011, 06:10 PM

My review is for the sister hotel Roma 2. I have a review from Roma 1 somewhere but it's 5 years outdated.

And i didn't see any gays or trannies in Roma 2. In fact, i saw more gays at Mercure. But i don't have any hang ups like that anyway. They don't bother me at all. More chicas for me!!

Roma 2 is my current hotel of choice for the El Conde area.

Thanks guys I will stay at 2 next time. I also noticed the gay presence my last stay but thought it was a fluke :rolleyes2: .... now I know better. :think:

SeaWeed
08-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I stayed at Roma 1, in January and the place was infested with gays.They were bold too, I saw more guys taking guys to the room. I havent had that problem with RomaII yet.this is excellent Intel and much appreciated.....

questner
08-07-2011, 10:52 PM
If a hotel is G/L/B friendly it's just a stamp how usually guest friendly it is. Likely they will allow multiple guests.

yayow
08-08-2011, 01:16 AM
By the way I have nothing against gays, they do what they do, and it's none of my business, I could care less, but I guess guys should know what possible clientele they may run into when they go into a hotel.

Dave Diaz
08-08-2011, 01:19 AM
By the way I have nothing against gays, they do what they do, and it's none of my business, I could care less, but I guess guys should know what possible clientele they may run into when they go into a hotel.

I feel the same way but I will be requesting ROMA II for this trip following that information posted below.

Not that I have a problem but I live close enough to that kind of thing to want to avoid it on my vacation.

I greatly appreciate the information being posted too. Its good to know details like this about the Clientele, its not a big deal but good to know even if just for preference.

yayow
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Not bashing Roma I at all, it's a nice hotel, I think they made improvements when they opened up the new place, and have always been a fan or Roma I for location and price etc. As far as the gays, they seem to travel together, something like when ISOC does an invasion somewhere, I understand that, they feel more comfortable when they are with people who have the same viewpoints as them. But because of that they also like to stay in the same place when they can, and because Roma I is a nice hotel centrally located at a good price, they have made that their place of choice when they invade Santo Domingo. If you are there when they are not invading, it is not even a consideration, but if you happen to be there during one of their invasion, it is something you should know. I have spoken to a few guys who were there when they invaded, so just for information purposes, trying to pass along what I heard.

Again although I have checked out a few hotels in Santo Domingo, normally when visiting a friend etc., (for information purposes), I don't have personal experiences because I don't stay in hotels in SDQ, because I live there and have my own place.

Crytonb99
08-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I never stayed in the Roma I but I just got back from spending 7 days in the Roma II. That was my first time there and I could tell you its my choice hotel now whenever I'm in the Capital. Price, you can't beat it for the size of the room. It's ideally located near to shopping, restaurants etc... Very clean hotel. Friendly staff. I definitely will be going back. Guest friendly. I can go on and on and brag. :biggrin:

Crytonb99
08-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I never stayed in the Roma I but I just got back from spending 7 days in the Roma II. That was my first time there and I could tell you its my choice hotel now whenever I'm in the Capital. Price, you can't beat it for the size of the room. It's ideally located near to shopping, restaurants etc... Very clean hotel. Friendly staff. I definitely will be going back. Guest friendly. I can go on and on and brag. :biggrin:

psriches
08-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Hotel ROMA 2
19 de Marzo and El Conde
Ciudad Colonial
(809)685-2022

SeaWeed
08-08-2011, 08:41 PM
hopefully we will remember that it is number #2 we want...........
number #1 would be a major mistake especially if you hit it on the wrong weekend:rofl::rofl:

psriches
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Local Rice & Beans Restaurant across the street.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23138&d=1312848316
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23137&d=1312848311

psriches
08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Watching the Chica parade from the room.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23148&d=1312848488
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23145&d=1312848469
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23147&d=1312848481
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1312848475
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23144&d=1312848461
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23142&d=1312848446
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23141&d=1312848439

TONYTNT40
08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Roma 2 is my favorite hotel. The price is right, and the location is great. I can sit on the Conde all day and chica watch.

eastcoastallstar
08-08-2011, 10:56 PM
My favorite hotel when staying in the Capital; in the El Conde area is Hotel ROMA 2 located one block away from Roma 1. Rooms are huge and range from $45-$55-$65. Chica friendly with no fees. Fridge and flat screen in the room. Air con and 3 fans in the room as well. Large size bathroom. Dining table. Wall safe in the closet.

Ask for a room that overlooks el conde and watch the chica parade. Local rice and beans restaurant across the street.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23135&d=1312848303)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23134&d=1312848299)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23131&d=1312848289)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23125&d=1312848265)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23126&d=1312848272)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23127&d=1312848276)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23133&d=1312848292)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23128&d=1312848278)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23130&d=1312848285)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23129&d=1312848282)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23139&d=1312848320)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23136&d=1312848306)

I've stayed here too, perfect location!

explorador negro
08-08-2011, 11:45 PM
This is definitely where I will be staying.

Was there free wifi? Is a reservation a must or do you think I can get a room as a walk in?

EN

Mr. Smooth
08-09-2011, 04:42 AM
If there was ever going to be an ISOC invasion to Santo Domingo, this looks like it would be the ideal place to stay. I walked right past it while I was doing my own chica watch on the Conde and there are a bunch of bars and restaurants and nightlife within a few minutes walk out the door.

Jimmydr
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
If there was ever going to be an ISOC invasion to Santo Domingo, this looks like it would be the ideal place to stay. I walked right past it while I was doing my own chica watch on the Conde and there are a bunch of bars and restaurants and nightlife within a few minutes walk out the door.

Actually 3 of us are staying at the Raizor.

Mr. Smooth
08-09-2011, 03:56 PM

You mean you are going to make some triumphant return to the DR? Kind of like MacCarther returning to the Philippines! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jimmydr
08-09-2011, 06:03 PM
You mean you are going to make some triumphant return to the DR? Kind of like MacCarther returning to the Philippines! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The price was right so I am going for a fast 5 day trip.

psriches
08-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Was there free wifi? Is a reservation a must or do you think I can get a room as a walk in?

ENThere is free WiFi in the lobby but all the rooms are fitted with a free broadband connection.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23143&d=1312848453

TNT72
08-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Watching the Chica parade from the room.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23148&d=1312848488)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23145&d=1312848469)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23147&d=1312848481)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1312848475)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23144&d=1312848461)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23142&d=1312848446)
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23141&d=1312848439)

I didn't see anything like these walking on el conde when I was there. Then again, I was there during the week, not the weekend.

psriches
08-09-2011, 09:35 PM

ENI'd say no reservation needed but that's just me. Do what you think is best. Some people like the peace of mind of a reservation.

Personally, i haven't made any revervations in DR since 2006. I just walk right in.

questner
08-09-2011, 09:45 PM
There is free WiFi in the lobby but all the rooms are fitted with a free broadband connection.

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23143&d=1312848453)

Amazing 'three sisters' image here! :clap::clap::clap:

explorador negro
08-09-2011, 11:26 PM

If you all are in town during my 12 days from 8/19 - 8/31 let me know. Drinks are on me.

EN

hugrad95a
08-10-2011, 12:39 AM
http://apartahotelroma.com/

yayow
08-10-2011, 02:53 AM
I didn't see anything like these walking on el conde when I was there. Then again, I was there during the week, not the weekend.

If you've been there the previous 3 months (during all the rain), many chicas don't come out much during the rain, or if they think they may get caught in the rain, they don't like fucking up their hair. The last few days have been beautiful and they have been out in force. As they say timing is everything.

MegasAv
05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Want to thank everyone for postings on this Hotel, just returned from my first trip to the capital and I stayed and enjoyed myself very much at this hotel. Paid 60 dollars a night for a huge room plasma tv, AC, kitchen, my only complaint was that I needed to mention a few times at the front desk for housekeeping but other than that a great stay, made even better with great company

Passport Playa
05-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Did anyone else notice or was it just me that both Romas now appear to be fag central? I can recall calling one member of the crew by his first name (which just so happened to be the name of the biggest fruit cake of them all) and the fruit cake smiling at me saying YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! WTF!

PP #1

yayow
05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Did anyone else notice or was it just me that both Romas now appear to be fag central? I can recall calling one member of the crew by his first name (which just so happened to be the name of the biggest fruit cake of them all) and the fruit cake smiling at me say YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! WTF!

PP #1

I haven't been around there much lately, but normally the gay dudes all coordinate their travelling schedules together, so if you happen to be there when their ship comes in, it will definitely appear like as you say fag central, other times it is pretty normal. But the gay guys do spend money, no doubt about that and they tend to travel in groups.

DMV
05-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Did anyone else notice or was it just me that both Romas now appear to be fag central? I can recall calling one member of the crew by his first name (which just so happened to be the name of the biggest fruit cake of them all) and the fruit cake smiling at me say YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! WTF!

PP #1

Yeah it used to be just Roma I. I didn't see any in Roma II, but I believe you. The Colonial zone is becoming they're spot. They even hang at Pacos now. I plan on staying at Roma II next time but I might change not because of the gays, but because last time the water was off for almost a day.

Hemp
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
Damn, those rooms are huge! :iconTU::iconTU:

BorisDaBulletDodger
05-16-2012, 04:13 PM
.is there parking there ? Thinking of renting a car and driving back n forth from boca chica.

yayow
05-16-2012, 04:57 PM
.is there parking there ? Thinking of renting a car and driving back n forth from boca chica.

Just street parking, but you should be able to find parking right in front of the hotel any night, never heard of a problem, with a car there.

MegasAv
05-16-2012, 04:58 PM
While I was there last week I noticed a few Homos, but I wouldn't consider it fag central, but definitely not like Sosua in terms of dress and aggressiveness of chicas, although the street vendors can be quite pushy

longhairdontcare
05-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Hey PS, I meant to ask you, when Suerte and I ran into you at Roma, did you have hot water? Those cold showers were killing me!

psriches
05-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Hey PS, I meant to ask you, when Suerte and I ran into you at Roma, did you have hot water? Those cold showers were killing me!Noooo!!!!!!!:mad:

dr1lvr
05-16-2012, 09:21 PM
there is a parking garage around the corner that charges 20 pesos /hr.

Drjetman
05-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Does anyone know if they have smoking rooms available at the Roma Hotels. It used to be ok at Roma 1 but so many hotels have changed to non-smoking.

Passport Playa
05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Hey PS, I meant to ask you, when Suerte and I ran into you at Roma, did you have hot water? Those cold showers were killing me!

This seems like it is becoming a common occurrence. I had to switch rooms about 4 times during our trip 8-9 weeks ago because of hot water issues.

PP #1

tjaddict
08-24-2012, 11:14 PM
How far is the ROMA 2 from the Jaragua Hotel?

I plan on making use of the walking map of the area around the Jaragua Hotel, but I'll be staying in the ROMA 2 so I'm curious to know how far apart the two hotels are.

Thanks in advance.

psriches
08-25-2012, 08:37 AM
How far is the ROMA 2 from the Jaragua Hotel?

I plan on making use of the walking map of the area around the Jaragua Hotel, but I'll be staying in the ROMA 2 so I'm curious to know how far apart the two hotels are.

Thanks in advance.It's about 5 mins by car, so you figure 15 - 20 min walk??

tjaddict
08-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Can anybody tell me about how much I should expect to pay for a taxi from the airport to here?

Thanks

psriches
08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Can anybody tell me about how much I should expect to pay for a taxi from the airport to here?

Thanks$25 to $30

Jooks93
01-07-2013, 05:38 PM
So which one should i choose the roma, roma 2 or raizor, Im tryna figure out....I am going with 2 other friends and new to the game but we are trying to be cost effective

eastcoastallstar
01-07-2013, 06:02 PM
So which one should i choose the roma, roma 2 or raizor, Im tryna figure out....I am going with 2 other friends and new to the game but we are trying to be cost effective

Don't know about the other two, But RomaII is right smack dap on the Conde. Middle of all the street action.

officemgr
01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
I know cats just show up but I like confirmed reservations that I can print out and I can never get a confirmation from Roma ii. Riazor is nice enough although there was far less hookers out front the last time I was there. I missed sitting in manolos watching them walk by.

Jimmydr
01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I know cats just show up but I like confirmed reservations that I can print out and I can never get a confirmation from Roma ii. Riazor is nice enough although there was far less hookers out front the last time I was there. I missed sitting in manolos watching them walk by.

There were NO hookers around my last trip.

officemgr
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know where they went????

Drjetman
01-07-2013, 10:06 PM
They go way up the Malecon 2 or 3 miles up from Maximo Gomez toward San Cristobol. There's a Cabana called Queens. They are around there and beyond. I was in SD in April, July and August and SD is not as good for street girls as before. Regular guys who live there may have better info but that was my take on it. I can tell you the Conde is no where like it was.

BorisDaBulletDodger
01-07-2013, 10:32 PM
They go way up the Malecon 2 or 3 miles up from Maximo Gomez toward San Cristobol. There's a Cabana called Queens. They are around there and beyond. I was in SD in April, July and August and SD is not as good for street girls as before. Regular guys who live there may have better info but that was my take on it. I can tell you the Conde is no where like it was.

Damn that blows, on my next Boca trip I was gonna do a day there by Gua Gua to see what all the fuss is all about, but I require whores

Citynights
01-29-2013, 11:43 PM
There were NO hookers around my last trip.

there was a few street girls dec./jan. when I was there...

el_papi_chew_low
02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
did you have hot water? Those cold showers were killing me! Anyone stay here lately? I know this was awhile ago so hopefully they got the hot water situation fixed.

TONYTNT40
02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Anyone stay here lately? I know this was awhile ago so hopefully they got the hot water situation fixed.

I was there last week and no problems with the hot water.

Crytonb99
02-05-2013, 02:41 PM

Hope you dont mind me asking but what was their daily rate?

Passport Playa
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Was the "fag" convention still ongoing?

PP

TONYTNT40
02-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Hope you dont mind me asking but what was their daily rate?

They went up $5, the $45 room is $50, $50 is $55 and $55 is $60.

TONYTNT40
02-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Was the "fag" convention still ongoing?

PP

This was my First time in years not seeing the, "gay parade." I did make fun of them, when one of my chica's asked for her ID, I said, " this should be easy, it's only one with a girl the rest are all dudes.":rofl::rofl::rofl: