PDA

View Full Version : 09/2009 - Black Box on Sosua beach

Choirboy
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Just got back from a 10 day trip. Usually I hang out at Siempre Sol, but I met a friend at the Black Box. It's past Herman's (casita 172). It's run by a Dutch guy and his Dominican wife. It's been open a few months. He formerly had a night club in Boca Chica, but they closed him down because he was open too late and they imposed a curfew.

I highly recommend his establishment. Free beach chairs with umbrellas for customers with fast food and drink service, many free mamajuanas, all you can eat BBQ on Tuesdays with chuletas, sausages, chicken shish kebabs, salad, bread, chicken pasta salad. 250 pesos and it's definitely all you can eat. His wife made cuandoles con coco especially for us whenever we wanted it and it was delicious and only 150 pesos. Enough for 2 people with salad, avocado and 4 pieces of chicken.

A totally different feel than Siempre Sol. There's a reason why many people used to go to Herman's and now they don't. Add me to the list.

Plus, when I told the owner that I was leaving the next day and would be back in 9 weeks, he gave me his card and said he would pick me up at the airport.

yayow
09-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Thanks Choirboy for the intel always nice to find another spot to sit and enjoy life, I will try and check it out the next time I am up north...... let's see that should be in about two weeks I would guess:p

gdogg
09-18-2009, 12:48 PM
You gotta be kidding me! This place sounds unreal. People, please do me a favor. Keep this place open until I get there! I love Siempre Sol and Herman's my boy and all, but this place sounds like a keeper! Thanks Choirboy...

JD426
09-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Gonna check it that out today.
Hanging at the New garden
thanks
jd

Choirboy
09-18-2009, 01:39 PM
You gotta be kidding me! This place sounds unreal. People, please do me a favor. Keep this place open until I get there! I love Siempre Sol and Herman's my boy and all, but this place sounds like a keeper! Thanks Choirboy...

I've been going to Herman's for years, but slowly he seems to alienate people with his attitude. The guy at the Black Box bends over backward to make sure you're happy. Plus, he isn't constantly bitching at or about his waitresses like Herman. Totally different personality. If you like Herman's opinionated attitude and like sitting with a bunch of street rats, you can stick with Herman. The Black Box is a breath of fresh air.

I don't intend to disparage either Herman or his customers, but try the Black Box.

Oh by the way, he has a wide screen TV with music videos playing off his computer. He will find and play anything you want.

Choirboy
09-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Gonna check it that out today.
Hanging at the New garden
thanks
jd

Be sure and report back on how you like it. Everyone in our group preferred it over Herman's and we have all gone there for years.

Hemp
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
CHOIRBOY!!! the master of the stealth missions!!!

glad u had a good time....

gdogg
09-18-2009, 02:20 PM
...like I said, KEEP IT OPEN!! Seriously, if he's doing everything Choirboy says he is, Black Box will rule the beach by years end.

SeaWeed
09-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I'll be checking it out as I arrive tomorrow......yipeeeeeeeeeee

Choirboy
09-18-2009, 03:48 PM
CHOIRBOY!!! the master of the stealth missions!!!

glad u had a good time....

Always have a good time, but this time it was 10 days of perfect weather. Luckily tropical storm Erika feel apart. The discovery of the Black Box was a big plus.

By the way, Big D's was still going strong and the ribs and chicken were terrific. Another beach spot owner with a great personality and attitude.

Choirboy
09-18-2009, 03:49 PM

Don't forget to give us your review. I don't want people to think I'm just shilling.

gdogg
09-18-2009, 04:24 PM
You have no reason to shill...I know I believe you!

Jimmydr
09-18-2009, 06:30 PM

Get some pictures to post on this topic, especially the all you can eat food!:iconTU:

Gutter Meat
09-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I think I know this guy from Boca Chica, had an after hours place on top of the hill , looked like a house that was converted into a bar. Always gave out free mamajuana shots. Hes a good guy.

Choirboy
09-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I think I know this guy from Boca Chica, had an after hours place on top of the hill , looked like a house that was converted into a bar. always gave out free mamajuana shots. Hes a good guy.

I'm pretty sure that's probably him because he said he had an after hours in Boca Chica and it got shut down a few months ago. He then came to Sosua and opened the Black Box.

Jimbo44
09-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Choirboy, I will be there in 12 more days, and ill undoubtedly check it out. I know u took some pics, lets see them buddy. Looks like we will see each other again in December....

Choirboy
09-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Choirboy, I will be there in 12 more days, and ill undoubtedly check it out. I know u took some pics, lets see them buddy. Looks like we will see each other again in December....

Yep, I'll be there from Nov.21 until Dec 5. My dentist buddy has got a one-way ticket arriving Nov.28 and he plans on renting an apartment and see if he wants to retire there.

KoKi9290
09-19-2009, 12:10 AM
As a charter member along with Choirboy of the Black Box fan club, I have to second everything he said. The owner's name is Ad, not sure of the spelling but it is pronounced like Odd. And his wife is Rosalinda. Both are incredibly hospitable. The food was consistently good and plentiful. Highly recommend the Pargo Rojo and the Pollo Frito. And as a side, they usually have Platanos Maduros as a change from the usual Papas Fritas. As previously stated, the weekly BBQ for 250P is an incredible deal. They had big German Sausages, BBQ ribs, shish kabobs, chicken and chuletas (pork chops) with two BBQ sauces and a Dutch (Indonesian) peanut sauce. Good side dishes as well. See the pix. Beach chairs and umbrellas are free and the playa there is great. I'll be back there within the week.

psriches
09-19-2009, 07:06 AM
I guess it's time for Herman to up his game!!!

gmalet
09-19-2009, 07:36 AM
I had the pleasure of haning out with Koki and Choirboy at the Black Box. The owner was very friendly and was interested in making the customer happy (rare in the DR). Had the fish and it was excellent.
I will definately go back there.

Jimmydr
09-19-2009, 09:10 AM
As a charter member along with Choirboy of the Black Box fan club, I have to second everything he said. The owner's name is Ad, not sure of the spelling but it is pronounced like Odd. And his wife is Rosalinda. Both are incredibly hospitable. The food was consistently good and plentiful. Highly recommend the Pargo Rojo and the Pollo Frito. And as a side, they usually have Platanos Maduros as a change from the usual Papas Fritas. As previously stated, the weekly BBQ for 250P is an incredible deal. They had big German Sausages, BBQ ribs, shish kabobs, chicken and chuletas (pork chops) with two BBQ sauces and a Dutch (Indonesian) peanut sauce. Good side dishes as well. See the pix. Beach chairs and umbrellas are free and the playa there is great. I'll be back there within the week.

Can we post these full size?

thanks!:iconTU::iconTU:

Jimmydr
09-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Is it me but do you ever find yourself just sitting somewhere tranquil andbefore you know it, 7 or 8 hours flew right by? Is this that type of place, it sounds like it.

Choirboy
09-19-2009, 01:58 PM

I was hoping you had taken some pictures of the food and the establishment. Good work !!!

Choirboy
09-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Is it me but do you ever find yourself just sitting somewhere tranquil andbefore you know it, 7 or 8 hours flew right by? Is this that type of place, it sounds like it.

It's that kind of place exactly and you are immediately made to feel at home.

psriches
09-19-2009, 02:05 PM
I will definitely check this place out.

And i hope it lives up to all the hype!! :wink:

Jimbo44
09-19-2009, 04:00 PM
I am getting hungry now, but not sure if it is for chicas or comida?

yayow
09-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Looks like there are quite a few great choices for lunch at the beach, love it; competiton is good and keeps all the establishments on their toes, and forces them to continue to produce if they want your hard earned dollar.

Jimmydr
09-20-2009, 01:39 PM
It's that kind of place exactly and you are immediately made to feel at home.

I hate these type of places because 6 or 7 days fly by and then you realize your trip is over.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::iconTU::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jimmydr
09-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Looks like there are quite a few great choices for lunch at the beach, love it; competiton is good and keeps all the establishments on their toes, and forces them to continue to produce if they want your hard earned dollar.

Seems to be a few that you can pick from now.:iconTU:

snoozer
09-20-2009, 02:49 PM

IMHO it has been time for a while. Used to spend every day there on my 5 week trips. This last June and July I was there 3 times.

Looking forward to checking out this place in December.

BTW, Choirboy: sorry to miss you and the dentist this trip. I was doing the all inclusive thing in Punta Cana with the novia. First and last time in PC.

Choirboy
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM

I don't think Herman thinks he needs to up his game. If you were to ask him, he would probably say the owner of the Black Box was foolish for offering the extras that he does. Who knows he might be right, but I hope if enough people support him, he makes it.

I hope I don't come across as bashing Herman in every one of my posts. I have nothing against him and I know he is living hand to mouth off of his business. He has to watch every peso and he does. His revenue, along with everyone elses on the beach, has been diminished greatly by the unusual amount of rainy days this year.

yayow
09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
.......BTW, Choirboy: sorry to miss you and the dentist this trip. I was doing the all inclusive thing in Punta Cana with the novia. First and last time in PC.

Mr. Snoozer, can you fill us in a little more,why the first and last time in P.C. inquiring minds want to know. Your intel may help someone else that may be considering that as an option.

KoKi9290
09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Can we post these full size?

thanks!:iconTU::iconTU:

I hope this works.

ChicaSeeka
09-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I hope this works.

Just tell them to go down there every other week like we do and then they won't need pictures LOL :D:D:D
Ain't no place like the DR

yayow
09-20-2009, 09:32 PM
.......I hope I don't come across as bashing Herman in every one of my posts. I have nothing against him and I know he is living hand to mouth off of his business. He has to watch every peso and he does. His revenue, along with everyone elses on the beach, has been diminished greatly by the unusual amount of rainy days this year.

You don't come across as bashing anyone, he has to realize as everyone else does (in this economy); including the putas, that times are not the same, and if you want to get the consumer's dollars, you have to make it worth their while at a fair price. I for one love Herman's spot, Siempre Sol, but it isn't the only one I go too, I know that some guys when they get down to Sosua, they are there every freaking day, Herman knows me, and many times he sees, me as I pass his establishment as I am heading somewhere else, he knows what that is about, I have many friends, and I need to support all of them as long as I can, and as long as they are doing the right thing by me.

Herman everytime he sees me, he asks me if I am ready for a Duval, don't get me wrong I like a good beer, and don't need to drink Presidente's exclusively, but guess what I am the consumer, and it is my money, and I can spend it anywhere I please; so make me happy!!!!!!!:iconTU:

KoKi9290
09-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Couple of views from the tables at the Black Box toward the water. Their Pina Colada as GMAlet courageously taste tested. And the side dishes at the all you can eat BBQ.

officemgr
09-20-2009, 09:45 PM
What happened to this place????? It was closed everyday I went there a few weeks ago.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/mw0809vac/IMG_4558.jpg
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/mw0809vac/IMG_4559.jpg

yayow
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I certainly can't tell you what happened while you were there, but I can tell you I was in Sosua, the first weekend of the month ( a little more than two weeks ago), and I had lunch there two of the three days I was in town, and it was great!

Other than that I have no info, when was you there?

officemgr
09-20-2009, 10:32 PM
I certainly can't tell you what happened while you were there, but I can tell you I was in Sosua, the first weekend of the month ( a little more than two weeks ago), and I had lunch there two of the three days I was in town, and it was great!

Other than that I have no info, when was you there?

I just missed you. I was there that week just before the holiday weekend.

KoKi9290
09-20-2009, 10:41 PM
What happened to this place????? It was closed everyday I went there a few weeks ago.

Click to see pic (http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/mw0809vac/IMG_4558.jpg)
Click to see pic (http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/mw0809vac/IMG_4559.jpg)

He's only open Thursday thru Sunday. What days were you there?

officemgr
09-20-2009, 10:45 PM
I left Thursday. I'll see him next time.

Tiger
09-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the great intell! I love hanging out on the beach and I will definatley check out this place.

Gutter Meat
09-21-2009, 06:36 PM
I walked by the Black Box yesterday and there was nothing going on there , the owner from Boca Chica was there and I said hi and he didn't seem to friendly so I kept going. The place is tiny with a table out front. Its pretty far down the beach toward the other side. The Simpre Sol place seem to have chicas hanging out there.

Pedros McMurphys closed again.

JD426
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
I just got back last night, Suday the beach was MAD buzy with the locals, but I spent pretty much all of Tues afternoon there with Eldorob and my chica & it was a very lelaxing atmosphere.
As stated before Art has his own chairs on the beach,no charge, and free mamajuana shots all day long, and the Schitzel with the paprika sause was awesome. The atmosphere there changes within minutes as the German/Dutch guys pile in. They all speak some English, Met some really cool likeminded people . Other than Art yelling at his wife about something or other :lol: Its a really nice and relaxed place. Only regret is I should have stopped in immed on the Thurs I arrived(had I known) , which is BBQ today, & should be in full swing right now. Definitely worth the walk all the way down. Will post more later.

Jimbo44
09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
I will be there live and in living color next Thursday 10/1 for some comida......

Jimmydr
09-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I will be there live and in living color next Thursday 10/1 for some comida......

Thats going to be an excellant trip report!

Jimbo44
09-24-2009, 04:41 PM
I try my best, the camera goes where I go!!

Jimmydr
09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
I try my best, the camera goes where I go!!

Mine to. We are a team. (Yea, its strange, I know)

SeaWeed
09-25-2009, 06:06 PM
I owe you Choirboy and gmalet a beer as the Black Box is one of the best places to hang on Sosua Beach! Had fun talking to the owner about Boca Chica and his new setup here in Sosua. The food is awesome and everything is priced right! Plus his section of beach is about the best, it's down about 4/5th's of the way and worth the walk! The got a new Karouke setup to sing to and it was pretty funny watching people today taking their turn at the mic!

Gutter Meat
09-26-2009, 03:31 AM
I don't understand why this place is getting so much attention. Am I missing somthing ?

Jimmydr
09-26-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't understand why this place is getting so much attention. Am I missing somthing ?

Its all about people talking about their trips and at the moment, this is where some are hanging out.

gmalet
09-26-2009, 10:57 AM
What I like about the place is the owner is accomodating. He will get you what you want. For instance. I had Red Snapper. It was a little on the smaller side. When I told him it was small he reduced the price and told me to let him know when I will eat there again and he would get a large fish for me.

I also requested a drink that I like and he went out of his way to get all the stuff then next time I came.

As for Chicas well grab one and bring her there or grab one walking by. Remember 99% of the girls on the beach are working so don't be shy.

Whay the hell... Grab three chicas and have a real party. You make your vacation they way you want it.

All places on the beach are fun. It depends on how you $spend$ it..

rushdog34
09-26-2009, 11:04 AM
when i was on the beach i didnt see too many.. maybe i was just early.. aside from a sunday when it is packed of course what time do most of u guys hit the beach for lunch and girls and all that?

What I like about the place is the owner is accomodating. He will get you what you want. For instance. I had Red Snapper. It was a little on the smaller side. When I told him it was small he reduced the price and told me to let him know when I will eat there again and he would get a large fish for me.

I also requested a drink that I like and he went out of his way to get all the stuff then next time I came.

As for Chicas well grab one and bring her there or grab one walking by. Remember 99% of the girls on the beach are working so don't be shy.

Whay the hell... Grab three chicas and have a real party. You make your vacation they way you want it.

All places on the beach are fun. It depends on how you $spend$ it..

Mr. Smooth
09-26-2009, 02:31 PM
when i was on the beach i didnt see too many.. maybe i was just early.. aside from a sunday when it is packed of course what time do most of u guys hit the beach for lunch and girls and all that?
Because I don't get out of the fart sack till late, usually due to the previous night's mission :p I won't hit the beach until around 2-2:30. Most days I don't eat breakfast so when I do make it to the beach, I'm looking to grub.

With all the chatter this place has generated on the board, I'm pissed at myself for not walking down there to see the place when I was down in August. Guess I'll have to wait until March. I remember seeing his ad in the Sosua news website for the Hotel Mozart in Boca Chica. Glad he is getting some nice comments in this thread.

SeaWeed
09-26-2009, 05:24 PM
great place and the owners really make you feel at home and they aim to please.......just a nice place........and cheap

Jimmydr
09-27-2009, 09:21 AM
great place and the owners really make you feel at home and they aim to please.......just a nice place........and cheap

Prove it, one of you guys go with a few friends and ask them to supply the first round for a photo shoot so you can post the pictures here.:iconTU::iconTU::iconTU:

Jimbo44
09-27-2009, 12:48 PM
This is exactly what I will do in 2 more days!!!!!!

snoozer
12-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I went there with my buddy two Thursdays in a row for there 'All you can eat" buffet.

This has to be one of the best deals in town. 300 pesos, no tax added. They serve fries, salads and have a steady supply of pincho de pollo, pork chops, german sausages, chicken, huge ribs and more chicken. Had one of the best pork chops of my life there the last time.

The host is a very friendly guy, forget his name. Get there by 4 to get a table as it is very popular.

Tiger
12-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know how late in the day he serves? I am arriving in DR about 2:30 PM and probably won't be ready to head out from NG untill around 4:00. Sounds like a great way to start out the trip!

snoozer
12-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Does anyone know how late in the day he serves? I am arriving in DR about 2:30 PM and probably won't be ready to head out from NG untill around 4:00. Sounds like a great way to start out the trip!

I have only been there for the Thursday buffet and it starts at 5:00. Not sure about other days.

Jimbo44
12-26-2009, 12:09 PM
I can tell you that he has an all u can eat BBQ that begins at 5 pm every Thursday, and it is well worth it!!

SeaWeed
12-26-2009, 02:12 PM
I can tell you that he has an all u can eat BBQ that begins at 5 pm every Thursday, and it is well worth it!!been der but never knew dat Jimbo!

Magikmusic
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I must add to this thread my experience at the Black Box, getting a cue from Pacoloco, I took a trip down there to see it, aside from every friggin vendor trying to convince me to sit down at their place, I trooped it till I reach the far end. It was worth it. Chairs are free, you can hang by the beach, or on the beach, the haitan boy who took care of me was on point with his service, the food was good, beers were cold, what more do you need? I would go back without a doubt.

chicmatic
03-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I went to Black Box for the 1st time looking for fish but, they were all out. The restaurant right before tried to convince me they were the same place but I asked the guy @ the Box and he denied the affiliation. He did recommend a place on the other side of his business and I ended up eating there. It was good but, I'll try to go to the Black Box again.

Jimbo44
03-16-2010, 09:02 PM
A great fish place is called Andres just down from Black Box, many pics in my trip # 12 rpt.

chicmatic
03-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Here's the before picture

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_157304ba02b774fe96.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75056)

I even had a pic for Black Sultan

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_157304ba02ba8323f5.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75064)

Jimbo44
03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I got one for BS too...
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524ab702f291329.jpg

bklyndrguy
03-16-2010, 09:30 PM
jimbo isnt it the place where we wait forever and we left ?

Jimbo44
03-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Yes, but i have been back several times, even other days besides the all u can eat on thursdays, and he treats me and everyone else great. Chairs and umbrellas are free,cervezas cold and cheap, food good. the sand is clean and no rocks!!!!
Besides Big D's this is the place i enjoy!!!

trini44
03-16-2010, 10:29 PM
His name is Ad!! He owned Hotel Mozart in Boca Chica when i was there. cool enuff dude. Imma try Black Box when i go in April

bklyndrguy
03-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Yes, but i have been back several times, even other days besides the all u can eat on thursdays, and he treats me and everyone else great. Chairs and umbrellas are free,cervezas cold and cheap, food good. the sand is clean and no rocks!!!!
Besides Big D's this is the place i enjoy!!!
thanx for the info ill sure stop to try his food {and free chair}

Festy
06-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Spent a couple afternoons at the Black Box last week. The THURSDAY NIGHT 5pm ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET was AWESOME. Huge pork chops, shishkabobs, salads, etc.....Beer was ICE, ICE COLD which is very important with temps near 100. Worth the stop.

SeaWeed
06-13-2010, 05:54 PM
great food and owners that aim to please

El Chivo
06-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Ach is a very friendy fella... you often can see him at Central Bar on the strip, very lit up many nights. His wife is a sweetheart. The food at his place the Black Box is excellent and cheap. Had a pescado frito entero there that really hit the spot. His mamajuana recipe is a little heavy on the wine IMO but nevertheless its very good and he is very generous with it as it flows freely. The scene is pretty chill with the older ex-pat dutch guys dominating the scene. It's definitely Bring your own chica for the most part. and he has the computer/ internet video set up and gets rockin pretty good when he wants to...

FritoBandito
06-13-2010, 10:48 PM
cdstart=undefined&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/domrepflag.jpg&yr=2010&mo=7&da=21&hr=14&mi=30&sc=0&cdend=undefined&txtcolor=undefined&untilcolor=undefined

Thanks for your advice Herr Dudemeisters...I'll check it out in July....:biggrin:

JD426
06-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Also Rosalie his GF will always watch your valuables when you go in the water which is nice. The German Dutch guys are pretty funny when they get Lit.
Yes, Definitely bring your own chica, its not really a pick up spot per se.

naptime
06-14-2010, 03:49 AM
love the place and the guy.

was introduced to Ad, and the blackbox by jimbo and koki on my april trip.

chairs and umbrellas free, drinks fairly priced. mamajuana shots on the beach and his recipe is great. goes down easily.

wait staff very friendly and courtious.

i saw the barmaid making my santo libre with brugal dorado, and asked her if she had any anejo, she looked and said she didnt... then i spotted the bottle of ron barcelo anejo on the wall behind her and pointed it out. asked her if she would use that from then on. she said no problem.

i knew it was a better rum, and was prepared to pay the higher price..

nope. when we left, all my santo libres were the same price. and iirc they were 75 pesos or so. might have been 80. i pay 100 down by big d's

just sorry that over the last two trips i have not made it in time for the thursday buffet. maybe next trip !

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Another thumbs up for Art and the Black Box. Pretty popular w/ the European crowd.

Also enjoy a beer at Herman's Siempre Sol once in awhile. But as has been pointed out before, it's all street rats hanging out. And I am tired of listening to H telling me about his failed waitresses conquests. Too much negativity!

rushdog34
06-14-2010, 07:11 PM
so then aside from the thursday buffet what is your favorite thing to order as far as food.. what must someone try?

JD426
06-14-2010, 07:30 PM
The Schnitzel with Parpika Sauce. (Peppers) is very good, esp considering youre ON the beach.
I think he makes a Jaegerschnitzel too (with mushroom sauce)
Burgers are Pretty good.

papi_sosua
06-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Having said that, as far as Germaine (!?) cuisine goes: (i) also visit Michael's place, right between Bar Central and Sosua Life; (ii) restaurante Aleman on top of Hotel Orchidee; (iii) and Germania, close to La Passion.

It's all very good and authentic.

The Schnitzel with Parpika Sauce. (Peppers) is very good, esp considering youre ON the beach.
I think he makes a Jaegerschnitzel too (with mushroom sauce)
Burgers are Pretty good.

Dr.Jackoff
07-14-2010, 07:56 PM
newbie here. Need your help guys. Want to go to DR soooooooon for the first time with a copilot but he wants to go to Punta Cana. Anybody know if it's worth it ?/

daddyooo
07-14-2010, 10:03 PM
newbie here. Need your help guys. Want to go to DR soooooooon for the first time with a copilot but he wants to go to Punta Cana. Anybody know if it's worth it ?/

Punta Cana is a waste of time compared to Sosua for P4P.

Rear Admiral
07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
do you have any photos of the place

KoKi9290
07-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Try the fried whole Red Snapper, the Fried Chicken (Chicarron) or the soup (fresh daily).

Tiger
07-15-2010, 08:36 AM

Punta Cana is a great place to go with wife or GF but it is not for mongering. Mostly all inclusive resorts. If it is just you and your bud going.....make him change his mind. You need to go to Sosua.

FritoBandito
07-15-2010, 10:11 PM
Spent a couple afternoons at the Black Box last week. The THURSDAY NIGHT 5pm ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET was AWESOME. Huge pork chops, shishkabobs, salads, etc.....Beer was ICE, ICE COLD which is very important with temps near 100. Worth the stop.

Black Box --All-you-can-eat buffet______Thursday

La Roca -- All-you-can-eat Bar-B-Que_______Friday

Martinis (Cabarete) All-you-can-eat taco and burrito buffet ___Tues
(EXCELLENT)

Can anyone think of any more all-you-can-eat specials in Sosua or Cabarete???

joeysterr
07-16-2010, 01:51 AM

(EXCELLENT)

That was great brotha!!

snoozer
07-16-2010, 09:23 AM

(EXCELLENT)

I think I read on DR1 that La Roca was "closed for renovations"

naptime
07-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I think I read on DR1 that La Roca was "closed for renovations"

That's correct. It's currently closed.

mikelodge
07-16-2010, 10:33 AM

(EXCELLENT)

I though black box was Weds but Thurs works just fine.
Great find on Martinis I will be there for sure on Tuesdays next trip.

Boon
04-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Visited black box this past weekend. Very good experience and food.

SeaWeed
04-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Visited black box this past weekend. Very good experience and food.
the owner and wife are great people........cute waitress.....one of the best places in Sosua to hangout for the day........
drinks and food prices were very reasonable....just a great overall experience there.......highly recommend

Jimbo44
04-07-2011, 11:05 PM

Go ahead, and go on to Punt Cana, and u will live up to your name!!!!! :sperm:

Seville
04-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Go ahead, and go on to Punt Cana, and u will live up to your name!!!!! :sperm:

You responded to a post almost a year old Jimbo. But it was a great response:wink:

CaseOne
04-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I would just like to say that the BlackBox is the greatest spot on the beach. I spent everyday last week there. The wings are ridiculously good..as are the chicken nuggets. One day they also made me some stew chicken, with rice and beans that wasn't even on the menu.

Awesome..love you blackbox. Can't wait to be back.

MyTio
04-11-2011, 05:39 PM
The owner is a nice guy a bar in sosua with good customer service:iconTU:

adios
04-11-2011, 06:52 PM
I would just like to say that the BlackBox is the greatest spot on the beach. I spent everyday last week there. The wings are ridiculously good..as are the chicken nuggets. One day they also made me some stew chicken, with rice and beans that wasn't even on the menu.

Awesome..love you blackbox. Can't wait to be back.
yes, customer service is their top priority. wesley!

jose1234
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
yes, customer service is their top priority. wesley!

Yes, that is what really impressed me about the Black Box... Also, they gave our table a free round of shots the last time I was there... I'm easily bought...

LJDMV
04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Me and my new crew from NY went there like the last 4 days of our stay in Sosua. Food was great and the fellas loved the girls there... I also got a nice video of Robert13212 getting a lapdance from the chica that works there. Her face is not in the video, just her body and Robert. i will leave it up to Robert if he will allow me to post the video. He looked like he was in heaven!!!

TNT72
04-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Me and my new crew from NY went there like the last 4 days of our stay in Sosua. Food was great and the fellas loved the girls there... I also got a nice video of Robert13212 getting a lapdance from the chica that works there. Her face is not in the video, just her body and Robert. i will leave it up to Robert if he will allow me to post the video. He looked like he was in heaven!!!

FUCK HIM!!!!!!!!

LJDMV
04-11-2011, 07:38 PM
FUCK HIM!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! that is >>>>>

TNT72
04-11-2011, 07:40 PM
WOW!!! that is >>>>>

Him and his "I live here" bullshit!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seville
04-11-2011, 09:00 PM
FUCK HIM!!!!!!!!

Go right ahead. It should provide entertainment value.

Seville
04-11-2011, 09:03 PM

I have no problem with it LJ:lol:

LJDMV
04-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Black Box Dance.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5lykSsBws

naptime
04-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Black Box Dance.....
YouTube - ROBERT beach lapdance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5lykSsBws)

i recognize that ass :)

thanks

CaseOne
04-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Black Box Dance.....
YouTube - ROBERT beach lapdance (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5lykSsBws)

Shes wearing a Swatch...made in Switzerland! :rofl:

Festy
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Black Box (http://gorochelle.com/websites/BlackBox/index.html) moved from stall #172 to the spot next door at #171. Better setup, they now have a bathroom. Food is always AWESOME and still doing the all you can eat buffet on Thursday nights. Even with the rain we have been having his place was packed yesterday. One of the few places that the owner will buy drinks for the patrons.

A+ spot on the beach.

Tiger
01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Black Box (http://gorochelle.com/websites/BlackBox/index.html) moved from stall #172 to the spot next door at #171. Better setup, they now have a bathroom. Food is always AWESOME and still doing the all you can eat buffet on Thursday nights. Even with the rain we have been having his place was packed yesterday. One of the few places that the owner will buy drinks for the patrons.

A+ spot on the beach.

Can someone tell me what time the BBQ starts and ends on thursdays. I arrive this thursday and wondered if there was enough time to get down there after i get setled.

Thanks!

TNT72
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Can someone tell me what time the BBQ starts and ends on thursdays. I arrive this thursday and wondered if there was enough time to get down there after i get setled.

Thanks!

Starts at 5. Goes until ??????

XXX
01-09-2012, 11:51 AM

Thanks!

By "settled " do you mean after you get rid of your nucence nut ?????:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tiger
01-09-2012, 11:53 AM

Thanks!

Hey Dave,

I think this is where we should meet.

Tiger
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
By "settled " do you mean after you get rid of your nucence nut ?????:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Unless this happens............lol

Festy
01-09-2012, 11:57 AM

Goes until he runs out of food....stays open until he runs out of customers. I have been there until 11pm once (2000 peso bill for 20 large Presidentes, a handful of mamajuanas and a wicked D.R. beer buzz) and past 8pm several times. Ad (sp?) is an awesome host.

XXX
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey Dave,

I
think this is where we should meet.

Yeah ,,,that sounds good ! I should be in town by 2:30,, so that gives me plenty of time to go do the phone thing,, and run to the market for some stuff for the room, hit western union,,,and whatever else .

As you well know,,I will probably be hungry,,,,and I can sorta eat !!:rofl:

Actually that reminds me,,,I need to call Rick with my flight information ,,,,,,,,

Tiger
01-09-2012, 12:27 PM
[/YELLOW]

Yeah ,,,that sounds good ! I should be in town by 2:30,, so that gives me plenty of time to go do the phone thing,, and run to the market for some stuff for the room, hit western union,,,and whatever else .

Actually that reminds me,,,I need to call Rick with my flight information ,,,,,,,,

Sounds like a plan.........see you there!

Seville
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Sounds like a plan.........see you there!

They start cooking around 5 PM and start eating around 5:30 PM. Just remember that whatever table I am sitting at always gets a heads-up when the food is ready so I can eat first. Fuck you tourists.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SeaWeed
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Black Box Dance.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms5lykSsBws
nice mon........and she's dancing to our Jamaican Dancehall by Shaggy.......lol
the Black Box has always had good taste in Music.....

BrooklynBeas
01-09-2012, 05:28 PM
[/YELLOW]

You don't have to go to western union, you will be there to give your novia money... Saves some money on the western union charge. lol just kiddin...

TC
01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
[/YELLOW]

Yeah ,,,that sounds good ! I should be in town by 2:30,, so that gives me plenty of time to go do the phone thing,, and run to the market for some stuff for the room, hit western union,,,and whatever else

Especially the whatever else.

Festy
02-22-2013, 11:54 AM
I was surprised to see/hear that Black Box closed on the beach. I know Ad had been toying with the idea of moving back to Boca Chica but nobody at the beach seemed to have an update. Did Ad open another place in Sosua? if yes, where? :confused:

Citynights
02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
I was surprised to see/hear that Black Box closed on the beach. I know Ad had been toying with the idea of moving back to Boca Chica but nobody at the beach seemed to have an update. Did Ad open another place in Sosua? if yes, where? :confused:

At Xmas he was on the stripe drinking at a couple Of places

TNT72
02-22-2013, 02:35 PM

If you're suprised, then you should really read more. It had it's own thread, plus many mentions about where he went from there.

voltage69
02-22-2013, 02:59 PM
I saw ad for 2 seconds last week sitting in the german restaurant next to bar central. we gave each other the hello nod as i walked by.

jose1234
02-22-2013, 06:19 PM

Ad has done many things over the past year and a half after leaving the Black box...including Boca Chica...

Festy
02-23-2013, 08:22 AM
If you're suprised, then you should really read more. It had it's own thread, plus many mentions about where he went from there.

Didn't search other threads since the title of this thread seemed like the place for a Black Box question. Not interested in the drama just a little bit of an update. Roberto caught me up in a PM. I'm good. No other questions. Thanks.

Festy
01-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Black Box has been closed for a while now and the previous owner is no longer in Sosua. This thread can probably be "unstickied" to make room for other restaurants.

whynotme
01-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Black Box has been closed for a while now and the previous owner is no longer in Sosua. This thread can probably be "unstickied" to make room for other restaurants.

and the thread closed as well