PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Smooth is booked for March '10

Mr. Smooth
09-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Ever since I got back from Sosua last month, I've been checking on flights for next March. I think I've found a pretty good deal through Kayak so I jumped on it. San Francisco-POP on Delta for $556 all in from March 4-13. Just for the helluva it, I checked NYC-POP on the same dates and found that prices were $400 and up. I'm sure things will change during the next few months, especially for all you guys who live on the east coast. But for me out on the left coast, that was a price I couldn't pass up. Only a hundred and a half more from Frisco than if I was leaving from NYC? I couldn't believe it!!

Anyway, I'm glad to have taken care of it already. Even though it was a little earlier in the month than I was initially looking at, the savings was $300 over leaving 2 weeks later. I'll just put that money toward the hotel. Less than 6 months and I'm drinking a Presidente back on the beach!:D

daddyooo
09-20-2009, 12:23 AM
I checked the same dates out of Detroit, $776 using hotwire.com:mad:

DCIronman
09-20-2009, 12:29 AM
The problem is that March is still technically high season for travel to the Caribbean. Ticket prices aren't likely to drop until the low season starts, around April 15th.

Donny Boy
09-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Mr Smooth Where these direct flights out of JFK or EWR?

Mr. Smooth
09-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Mr Smooth Where these direct flights out of JFK or EWR?
The flights I saw were early morning departures ( 6 am or so) from JFK with a stop in Atlanta. The ATL connection for the flight to POP was departing around 10:45 am which is the same one I use coming from Frisco at 6:30 am. I like the layover times with ATL because with 3 plus hours, it allows for time in case of a late departure from Frisco (which ALWAYS happens). Last time we were an hour and 15 min. late from going wheels up.