PDA

View Full Version : Maison Gautreaux

FnB
01-25-2005, 09:47 AM
does anyone have any thoughts about this place? I am looking for the closest to Jaragua and reasonable priced place to stay. I stayed at Hotel Mercure in the colonial section of SD over New years, It was excellent and about 75 us. I had to taxi to Jaragua every day though...too far.

sjaak
05-07-2005, 08:54 AM
I've just stayed there 2 nights. It's a pretty basic hotel, but a lot cheaper than most Santo Domingo hotels, I paid $32 dollar per night. It's clean, a good location close to the Malecon and in walking distance of all the Gazcue massage places. Most importantly, it's chica friendly as well, although 'only during the night'. They take the chica's cedulla at reception. The only negative point is that there is a central safe at the reception but not in each room. The guys at the reception speak english fluently, the owners are apparently from a well-respected Santo Domingo family, descendants of Frenchmen who stayed after Napoleon's conquest, hence the French name.

Gladiator
07-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Most importantly, it's chica friendly as well, although 'only during the night'.

Does that mean that if you take girls during the day they charge you extra or do they simply don't allow you to take hookers during the day?

sjaak
07-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Most importantly, it's chica friendly as well, although 'only during the night'.

Does that mean that if you take girls during the day they charge you extra or do they simply don't allow you to take hookers during the day?

i don't know, i never tested this. i was there only two days and only took girls during the night. but it wasn't a mongers only hotel, mostly regular tourists, so i don't think they would appreciate. if you could buy off their appreciation, i don't know.

BrooklynBeas
07-19-2005, 06:44 PM
If they just take the chicas cedula at night and dont charge then im sure they dont charge in the daytime for you to bring in a "guest"... A lot of hotels take the cedula at night for security reasons... Like in case they spend the night and rob you while your sleeping they cant just walk out without u and her pickin up the cedula... In the day time they dont expect you to pass out and let the chica rob ur silly drunk ass... Thats what i think the main idea of the cedula snag is all about... :grin: