PDA

View Full Version : www.milemaven.com

chicmatic
09-28-2009, 08:07 PM
I just found this today so I haven't tried it yet but it does seem like a cool way to find bonus mile promotions.

http://www.milemaven.com/

chicmatic
09-30-2009, 09:10 PM
I just signed up for 2 American Airline promotions and will try another one even though I may not qualify for it...I'll keep y'all posted

mikelodge
09-30-2009, 10:55 PM
I just found this today so I haven't tried it yet but it does seem like a cool way to find bonus mile promotions.

Just my 2 cents but I find these sites can drive you to where their advertisers want you to be. Nothing wrong with trying it but I have found the old fashioned way of hard work still works well. Join the airlines programs you need to use and skip the rest. For example IMHO United sucks to book award travel (outside U.S.) they charge more miles and block some partners destinations like Central America and the Caribbean. AA is the easiest to book and best value with Delta/NWA being good value but harder to book meaning finding availability. I have over 200k miles on both and have used them for over 20 years so I can't speak for what you East Coast Guys have with Jet Blue and others but here in MN Delta/NWA and AA have the most user friendly programs. Contintental also has been great however they are now not part of the Delta quadrant. It only takes 5 minutes to check Delta and AA under Skymiles or AAdvantage to see the current promos.
I got MSP to POP thru MIA for 25k miles for Oct. to me a pretty good deal.

chicmatic
09-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Just my 2 cents but I find these sites can drive you to where their advertisers want you to be. Nothing wrong with trying it but I have found the old fashioned way of hard work still works well. Join the airlines programs you need to use and skip the rest. For example IMHO United sucks to book award travel (outside U.S.) they charge more miles and block some partners destinations like Central America and the Caribbean. AA is the easiest to book and best value with Delta/NWA being good value but harder to book meaning finding availability. I have over 200k miles on both and have used them for over 20 years so I can't speak for what you East Coast Guys have with Jet Blue and others but here in MN Delta/NWA and AA have the most user friendly programs. Contintental also has been great however they are now not part of the Delta quadrant. It only takes 5 minutes to check Delta and AA under Skymiles or AAdvantage to see the current promos.
I got MSP to POP thru MIA for 25k miles for Oct. to me a pretty good deal.

AA makes the most sense to me in my market...some of these promotions don't require any work, just knowing about the promotion. I am a cynical/skeptical guy but if I could possibly get double miles without paying anything extra, I'm down. I signed up for american airlines double miles and double elite. If it works cool, if it doesn't, I didn't have to sign up for a credit card to get it.

mikelodge
09-30-2009, 11:48 PM
AA makes the most sense to me in my market...some of these promotions don't require any work, just knowing about the promotion. I am a cynical/skeptical guy but if I could possibly get double miles without paying anything extra, I'm down. I signed up for american airlines double miles and double elite. If it works cool, if it doesn't, I didn't have to sign up for a credit card to get it.

You normally never have to sign up for a card to get the promotions on air travel but there are some serious advantages to doing so but I don't feel like writing a book about that. I will just say right now Delta has a Amex for 25 or 30 or 35k free miles and 2 Skyclub booze club passes for free to new customers depending what your background is. If you need the link PM me.

osanhopps
10-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Hey everyone, chicmatic gave me and idea!

I would like to start a thread that has promotional codes for airlines and hotels in and going to the Dominican Republic or anywhere else. Some of us are getting these codes just for using a certain airlines or going to a travel site.

Since, most of the websites do not check if the code are used more than once. We can share them with other members going to the same location or country. This can give us all a discount on travel and lodging.

I will post some when I get my next flyers from the airlines and travel sites. Because sometimes I am just not traveling at that time. And I do not want them to go to waste. And I rather have a brother use them.:rolleyes::wav: