PDA

View Full Version : Great discount code for Avis

gmalet
10-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Folks this is an awesome discount code for AVIS.

AWD# K444404

It is used by NetJets. I used it in POP reserved the car online and got 50% off on a rental.

Fricken spectacular.

Check for yourself on Avis website.

psriches
10-02-2009, 06:34 AM
Were there any extra fees at Avis airport counter that were not mentioned on the website?

In other words, was the total price listed on the website the same as what you paid? Sometimes Budget and Avis add fees. Just curious.

Thanks for the info!!!!

mikelodge
10-02-2009, 01:45 PM

AWD# K444404

It is used by NetJets. I used it in POP reserved the car online and got 50% off on a rental.

Fricken spectacular.

I have checked it very carefully and found it did lower the price off their regular rate. I normally use the Entertainment Club discount combined with one of their discount coupon codes and had 6 reservations in the DR reserved with another company at a pretty good rate and was able to save something Everytime with my fellow Midwesterners Valuable Tip. In my case flying into POP and out of STI I have to pay a drop charge which is $40 with Avis compared to $26 with other companies and they have a disclaimer that they are not adding for the tax on the $40 and some locations charge it which would probably be close to 20%. Even with these higher fees I was able to save at least $20 off each booking. The percentage is much lower for me with the drop charge but still 10% even then. I have one trip to the Capital SD without the drop charge and with it only being a 4 day rental I only saved $20 since Avis doesn't allow coupons there like National, Alamo ect. However on some of my reservations for a week or more I was able to save between $50-75 on each rental. I don't think there would be any hidden fees as PS asked with a reputable company like Avis but you would know more about the DR than I would. I would like to point out that I tried it on several domestic reservations I have mostly to Florida and one to TX and one to San Diego and it was not a savings there compared to other companies because Avis is much higher than say Alamo or Enterprise and with the Entertainment discount and coupon applied my prices were better than Avis.
I have to say this is the best tip I have had as far saving money in the DR and Mr. Gmalet deserves a giant Muchos Gracias. I owe you a belly full of Presidentes for that one. I will let everyone know in a few weeks when I return from my vacation if there were any hidden fees. :iconTU::smile:

gmalet
10-02-2009, 05:27 PM
No hidden fees. I did however purchase insurance and they do add tax for that. But its almost 50% off on the rental.

psriches
10-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I have checked it very carefully and found it did lower the price off their regular rate. I normally use the Entertainment Club discount combined with one of their discount coupon codes and had 6 reservations in the DR reserved with another company at a pretty good rate and was able to save something Everytime with my fellow Midwesterners Valuable Tip. In my case flying into POP and out of STI I have to pay a drop charge which is $40 with Avis compared to $26 with other companies and they have a disclaimer that they are not adding for the tax on the $40 and some locations charge it which would probably be close to 20%. Even with these higher fees I was able to save at least $20 off each booking. The percentage is much lower for me with the drop charge but still 10% even then. I have one trip to the Capital SD without the drop charge and with it only being a 4 day rental I only saved $20 since Avis doesn't allow coupons there like National, Alamo ect. However on some of my reservations for a week or more I was able to save between $50-75 on each rental. I don't think there would be any hidden fees as PS asked with a reputable company like Avis but you would know more about the DR than I would. I would like to point out that I tried it on several domestic reservations I have mostly to Florida and one to TX and one to San Diego and it was not a savings there compared to other companies because Avis is much higher than say Alamo or Enterprise and with the Entertainment discount and coupon applied my prices were better than Avis.
I have to say this is the best tip I have had as far saving money in the DR and Mr. Gmalet deserves a giant Muchos Gracias. I owe you a belly full of Presidentes for that one. I will let everyone know in a few weeks when I return from my vacation if there were any hidden fees. :iconTU::smile:These companies are individually owned and can charge what they want. In other words, a worker at Avis puerto plata could not transfer to Avis puerto rico or chicago. I've used Budget in the past and received hidden fees that were not noted up front. That's why i stick with Alamo. The price you receive on the website is the price you get. And that includes all taxes and fees. I just like knowing what i'm paying up front.

psriches
10-02-2009, 05:41 PM
No hidden fees. I did however purchase insurance and they do add tax for that. But its almost 50% off on the rental.Thanks for the info..... I will give them a try and let you know.

frikkione1
10-05-2009, 12:48 PM
EXCUSE ME I'M NEW TO THIS....
WITH THIS CODE YOU CAN RENT A CAR ON THE AVIS WEB SITE?
WHEN YOU RETIRE THE CAR YOU HAVE TO DEMONSTRATE SOMETHING OR THEY DON'T ASK WHERE YOU GET THIS DISCOUNT CODE ?

THANX

gmalet
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
You reserve the car on the website with this code. When you rent the car this will be on your contract so when you return you already know what you are paying.

trEPP33
10-17-2009, 05:06 PM
WOW! For those of you that don't search these threads you are losing money. I am planning a trip in two weeks and wanted some information on car rental in the capital. After reading through numerous trip reports and other threads i came across this one. Went to the Avis site and with this code I will save almost 50% on my rental. Price went from $1697 to $858. Thank you gmalet. Wow!

psriches
10-17-2009, 06:02 PM
I second that Gmalet!!!!

I've already tried the code in DR and everything worked out perfectly.

OUTSTANDING!!

swiggy
10-17-2009, 09:46 PM
i used the code too, was half price for the car... thanks gmalet

gmalet
10-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Hey I told you. 50% off!!

It's awesome!!

swiggy
10-24-2009, 09:25 PM
the code didnt work today when i tried to put it in. maybe a glitch or maybe they changed it.

swiggy
10-25-2009, 12:51 AM
the code didnt work today when i tried to put it in. maybe a glitch or maybe they changed it.

Tried it again after a few hours and it works, I need to find something to do on Saturday nights...

Gutter Meat
10-25-2009, 01:25 AM
Was in Orlando Florida last week and normally rent with Alamo. This time got a good rate on Hotewire and they booked me with Avis. Got to the Avis counter in MCO airport and the line was huge!!! Waited over an hour till I got to the counter at which time I was checked in and then told to stand on the side as my car is not ready. Not happy, Just waited an hour and I have a reservation and no car. I had to wait on the side for another 30 minutes. Went back to counter made a scene and got the keys to the car.

Brought the car back with a full tank ( the gauge was well above the "F") of gas. The guy checking the cars back in then asked me for a reciept for the gas I put in. I'm like "are you fuckin kidding me look at the gauge you shmuck"!! The guy charged me $14 fuel charge since I didnt have a reciept. Straight to the Avis counter to see the manager. Apparently hiddin in the contract somewhere it states if you don't drive more than 70 miles you need to show a reciept for gas. The manager remembered me from when I first rented the car so he took the $14 charge off.

If you rent from Avis make sure you checked this out in the contract!!! They will not verbally inform you about this hidden scam. Save you reciept for the gas.

Won't rent from Avis again , they can suck a dick.

Gutter Meat
10-25-2009, 01:37 AM
Avis Complaint

Avis Ripoff for low mileage rental - Under 75 miles subject to $13.99 fuel charge 1
Helpful Votes

Posted By: wockster on 9/15/2009 Print Email Link/Share

Now I've heard everything. After prepaying for a car that I used for like 6 hours, 20 miles, we are told that as a convenience, Avis will charge me $13.99 for a fuel fill-up if the mileage is less than 75 miles. Otherwise I need to fill up and show a receipt. What a scam, who asked for this "convenience" at a rate of about $1 per mile? For the $2 gas I had to waste time and go inside for the damn receipt when I was hurrying to catch a plane. Then the guy at the Avis garage didn't even know how to get a receipt that credited back thew $13.99 that I never approved. Don't these weasels in these cubicles get tired of figuring out how to nickel and dime the public at every opportunity? When does it stop? Go to hell Avis

Gutter Meat
10-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Avis Complaint

Beware the Fuel Charge - Car Rental with automatic fuel charge

As a frequent traveler, I have become used to the "routine". Booking the flight, booking the rental car, getting to the airport, parking lot, getting through security, on the flight, getting the car... getting back to airport...etc.

To keep my sanity, I do everything I can to keep the routine to as normal as possible.

I fly with the same airline, book with the same rental car company, stay in the same hotels....Makes my life easier right...Until now...

Avis has decided to automatically charge their customers $13.99 for a fuel charge whenever we drive less then 75 miles. They don't ask, don't publicize it, just add the charge...how many customers are they rippiing off every single day for $14. They can't even fix it when you return the car. You are forced to go to the counter and wait for someone who is authorized to fix the charge.

I'm not going to take it....I was renting 1-4 days a week with Avis but no more. I will sign up for a Hertz Card and a Enterprise card and give them my business. I chose where I spend my money and I refuse to give it to a company that won't take care of their customers.

papi_sosua
11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
SWEET.
Dropped my 8-day rental charge at POP for an Economy from $173 to $100.

(Combined with a free award ticket plus $160 for an apartment rental of eight days, I am looking at $260 in fixed costs for ground/air transportation and accommodation. Not bad at all!)

AWD# K444404

Fricken spectacular.

mikelodge
11-18-2009, 01:33 AM
SWEET.
Dropped my 8-day rental charge at POP for an Economy from $173 to $100.

(Combined with a free award ticket plus $160 for an apartment rental of eight days, I am looking at $260 in fixed costs for ground/air transportation and accommodation. Not bad at all!)

Be careful signing for deposits with AVIS at POP. In declining the collision/waiver they hit my card for a $1000 deposit and a second for $300 explained like for repair if I broke down. The 2 made little sense but what choice do you have. When I returned my car they were not open yet so I watched my bank and got charged the correct rental rate of $191 plus a second charge of $300 when there were no incidents or damage.

I took photos of everyside of the car and the full gas tank for insurance.
I saved receipts, I called Avis and they have no knowledge saying it is a franchise and they have no control. Avis offered to start a file and look into it to MAYBE get me a refund. I said don't bother and called my bank and contested/disputed the charge. Then it is on the merchant to prove it.

Imagine if they do it to 50 people a month how many don't catch it. I rarely look that close at my credit card statements to have caught it but since I didn't get a return receipt I was watching. Beware. And I had a Wizard # on file and rent with Avis many times a year. :confused:

trEPP33
11-27-2009, 01:54 AM
I used this code and rented my vehicle at SDQ airport. They did make me a receipt for $1000 and they said it was in case i got into an accident. My credit card was never charged the $1000 and after all was said and done i was only charged my quoted rate of $336 for two weeks. I just reserved another car using the same code for another 2 weeks and again received a quote of $336 which is 50% off. Thanks again for the code.

joba62
11-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Awesome. Just reduced a $150 rental to $75!

pofocile
12-18-2009, 12:55 PM
you guys are champions.... !

LJDMV
01-12-2010, 08:57 PM
will someone please let me know how is it driving in POP location for Americans . are you able to see signs that are in english or able to get around following the signs easily?

Roy
01-12-2010, 11:40 PM

AWD# K444404

Fricken spectacular.

Just did a search for a car in Phoenix where I'm working for 2 weeks. $371 a week w/o code, $198 with the code.... DAMN! Thanks...:D:D:D:D:D

bigtittylicker
01-13-2010, 04:13 AM
will someone please let me know how is it driving in POP location for Americans . are you able to see signs that are in english or able to get around following the signs easily?

print out a map on the internet before you go and maybe buy on in la sirena the bigass grocery store or at a gas station. the street names are in spanish, but calle means street. there are 2 main roads in pop. the main one with the orange dividers which goes from sosua to cofresi, i forgot the name, and calle luis ginebra which branches off to the side and you arrive at la sirena, the rest of the streets are smaller and many do not connect to outside ones. A rough map from the internet where you can read the names should help. I would not suggest driving around pop at night time after 12pm if you do not know where you are. Avoid the area near the jail up the hill before the cable car. Bad area, especially for gringos. and avoid the area across from burger king, behind the plaza with the air conditioning store, another bad area, barrio.
other than that you will be fine, but hope you speak some spanish. do not run red lights or make illegal u turns during peak hours or amet, the equivalent of the traffic cop will give you a ticket.

mikelodge
01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
print out a map on the internet before you go and maybe buy on in la sirena the bigass grocery store or at a gas station. the street names are in spanish, but calle means street. there are 2 main roads in pop. the main one with the orange dividers which goes from sosua to cofresi, i forgot the name, and calle luis ginebra which branches off to the side and you arrive at la sirena, the rest of the streets are smaller and many do not connect to outside ones. A rough map from the internet where you can read the names should help. I would not suggest driving around pop at night time after 12pm if you do not know where you are. Avoid the area near the jail up the hill before the cable car. Bad area, especially for gringos. and avoid the area across from burger king, behind the plaza with the air conditioning store, another bad area, barrio.
other than that you will be fine, but hope you speak some spanish. do not run red lights or make illegal u turns during peak hours or amet, the equivalent of the traffic cop will give you a ticket.

Roads suck and drivers and stupid ass motos suck more

Avis fucked me twice so far this trip.

First I got clown car shit box with 51m when I reserved Intermediate, spent an hour at counter arguing and nothing but sorry you can come back tomorrow and exchange. They are franchise and US Avis will NOT help you.

Second day got Suzuki Areo Intermediate? with 68,000 miles and stupid blacked out window cant see out of mirrors. First car had bad ball joint and grinding this car has bad struts and motor mount causing loud screech when turning or hitting bump which is every block. People starring.

F'ed up

LJDMV
01-13-2010, 05:54 PM
thanks for that info. it will help out a lot.

Fordtech
01-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Is it really worth renting a car in Sosua? With everything so close I would think safer to walk or get a ride.

TONYTNT40
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Is it really worth renting a car in Sosua? With everything so close I would think safer to walk or get a ride.

for me, its not worth renting a car if you are staying in Sosua. Everywhere is walking distance, and if you are bar hopping, its much safer walking buzzed than driving buzzed.

mikelodge
01-18-2010, 03:45 PM

I will not do without my rental car. If I feel like going to Cabarete to hang out with kite surfers and have lunch I do. Maybe a drive to POP every couple of days for some nice variety at Cristals by the Malecon there.

Or head over to BB to hang out for weekend party or Maimon for a great seafood early dinner ect. ect.

Even in Sosua it was nice when the rain was heavy and Medic and I ate lunch at Baileys we could just hop in the car and cruise while everyone hid in storefronts.

I am lazy so if I can drive to where I want like down to Passions or El Toro which are both many blocks down like about a mile from the hotel NG area.

Just my 2 cents from a lazy American

Fordtech
01-18-2010, 04:16 PM
How is driving in dr? Is there heavy traffic and I know no spanish at all so might get lost quick. From airport is it easy to find sosua? Is parking ever a problem in and around the bars, hotels and restaurants? Can you buy a map in English?

GokuSS
01-18-2010, 04:43 PM
I know very little Spanish and have driven a rental car between Costambar and Sosua.
If you're only staying in Sosua you don't need a car. If you want you're own transportation get a scooter or motorcycle while in Sosua.
If you're going to BlackBeards and don't want to be trapped or pay high cab fares everywhere get a car.
The only tough traffic I had to mess with is traveling through POP during rush hours. That can be a little challenging.
I only drove back and forth from BBs to Sosua so I don't know how hard it is to drive around the island.
This year we are staying at BBs and Sosua so we are renting a car and I'm planning on expanding the teritory. Which reminds me buy all the insurance offered by the rental company!

SeaWeed
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
driven around La Capital, Boca Chica and out as far as San Pedro and found it pretty easy driving but just watch out for the other guys.......some monger a few years ago had left Boca Chica drunk after hitting the Disco when I was there in a rented Toyata SUV and headed to Juan Julio in the wrong lane/direction and died from a head on collision.......mi knew the Chica that had a date with him that night and all the Putas that knew this well known monger were pretty upset about it......you could see the damaged SUV the next day beside the edge of the road with scrapes all over it......not a pretty site nor something any of us want to repeat.......and if you don't drink and drive stateside why would you do it in another country

in Jamaica the cost of rentals are over $300/week for an economy car..........not worth it with the taxi system and public transportation so cheap der.....

mikelodge
01-18-2010, 07:20 PM
How is driving in dr? Is there heavy traffic and I know no spanish at all so might get lost quick. From airport is it easy to find sosua? Is parking ever a problem in and around the bars, hotels and restaurants? Can you buy a map in English?

From the airport you have to make one turn at the end of the airport drive coming out. You turn left and drive about 5 or 6 miles and you are there.

Congestion is worst on PC in just a few block area from the Highway a block to PC on DR Rosen and 2-3 blocks either way. Then the traffic is easy.

Parking is easy enough to find other than that 2 block strip right by the nightclubs.

You will do fine.

passasabe
01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Can any one advise whether or not this discount is good down at Avis Counter located in ( Las Americas Airport)? I'll be down in few weeks to visit Santo Domingo. This sounds like a good deal!

Thanks!
"D"

mikelodge
01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Can any one advise whether or not this discount is good down at Avis Counter located in ( Las Americas Airport)? I'll be down in few weeks to visit Santo Domingo. This sounds like a good deal!

Thanks!
"D"

Book online and it works. Never go to a rental car counter that is like going up to a whore with a hard on and money falling out of your pockets. :lol:

You will get a much better deal online.

passasabe
01-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Sounds good Mike.

Thanks!
"D"

lonesoul
01-19-2010, 06:38 PM
I just used it this week works like a charm I paid $140 for 5 days, which was probably half price. Be sure to bring a print out of your reservation. They tried to charge me twice for the liability insurance. I used my AMEX so I waived the Additional Drivers Insurance. I actually called AMEX to make sure they would over me in DR and they would. So its a go. They also upgraded me to a full size call.

Thanks for the post... save me some money... mas chicas para mi :)

mikelodge
01-19-2010, 06:53 PM
I just used it this week works like a charm I paid $140 for 5 days, which was probably half price. Be sure to bring a print out of your reservation. They tried to charge me twice for the liability insurance. I used my AMEX so I waived the Additional Drivers Insurance. I actually called AMEX to make sure they would over me in DR and they would. So its a go. They also upgraded me to a full size call.

Thanks for the post... save me some money... mas chicas para mi :)

Hey good meeting you briefly at Passions.

Let me clarify one thing though-- Amex which I also use covers you for the accident damage waiver that is like $21.95 a day but does not cover you for the personal liability insurance which is $5.65 a day at Avis and I buy this everytime.

If you get in an accident Amex covers the car but if a guy on a moto hits you and he breaks his leg or worse you ARE NOT covered. :eek: I checked this twice but if someone knows something different that can be proven I would love to hear it.

Glad you didn't have the issue man.

psriches
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey good meeting you briefly at Passions.

Let me clarify one thing though-- Amex which I also use covers you for the accident damage waiver that is like $21.95 a day but does not cover you for the personal liability insurance which is $5.65 a day at Avis and I buy this everytime.

If you get in an accident Amex covers the car but if a guy on a moto hits you and he breaks his leg or worse you ARE NOT covered. :eek: I checked this twice but if someone knows something different that can be proven I would love to hear it.

Glad you didn't have the issue man.You are absolutely correct. The US credit cards do not cover 3rd party liability. It's been said many times on ISOC. Always buy the 3rd party. It's only $5 a day.

Don't learn the hard way because some customer rep out in Iowa doesn't read you the small print!!!!

SeaWeed
01-21-2010, 06:28 PM
to answer Fordtech question it is not worth renting a car in Sosua....or any tourist trap place........I'd only say rent one if you are doing the DR tour thingy and driving from say the La Capital up to Sosua....then it would be worth it.......and never, ever rent a car in Jamaica cause dat is a death wish........

luv2party2
01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
great deal with this code ---- LDW/CDW of $25 a day at AVis IS A JOKE - AMERICAN EXPRESS - Now offers its cardholders "PREMIUAM CAR RENTAL PROTECTION"full car rental insurance for a ONE TIME CHARGE PER RENTAL of $24.95. covers theft and damage. that's $24.95

ponderosa
01-25-2010, 04:21 PM
I just made reservations using this code for a trip next month for a 5 day rental out of STI.

Smallest car available, with additional liability coverage (my credit card handles the rest) and all taxes was less than $100. Significant savings over my previous reservation for this same trip that I canceled at $155 total (also with Avis).

Thanks.

mikelodge
01-27-2010, 09:55 PM
I just made reservations using this code for a trip next month for a 5 day rental out of STI.

Smallest car available, with additional liability coverage (my credit card handles the rest) and all taxes was less than $100. Significant savings over my previous reservation for this same trip that I canceled at $155 total (also with Avis).

Thanks.

I agree with getting the car everytime. I would never want to be without the freedom of movement without risking life and more importantly Limbs on the back of some crazy moto driver. It pays for itself on the first rain day.

husl2001
02-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Apparently too many people have been using the code. The day I got a car, there were no fewer than 5 other people with the same code. Avis now requires you have the code imprinted on your frequent driver card - and you can only get that if you're an actual member of NetJets.

Even if you get the car without showing the card, you will likely get a call within a day or so informing you that without the card, you'll be charged the full rate.

This appears to be the case in SD and POP. No word on other airports.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

I agree with getting the car everytime. I would never want to be without the freedom of movement without risking life and more importantly Limbs on the back of some crazy moto driver. It pays for itself on the first rain day.

psriches
02-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Apparently too many people have been using the code. The day I got a car, there were no fewer than 5 other people with the same code. Avis now requires you have the code imprinted on your frequent driver card - and you can only get that if you're an actual member of NetJets.

Even if you get the car without showing the card, you will likely get a call within a day or so informing you that without the card, you'll be charged the full rate.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.Thanks for the info!!!

I used the discount 4 times in DR and once on a trip to North Carolina.

I hate Avis and i have a good relationship with Alamo so i'll just return home.

Now for some bad news.

During my last trip in January, i rented from Avis in Santiago.

Unfortunately i was riding behind a gravel truck and a small rock cracked the windshield (size of a quarter). Needless to say, i had to pay for the windshield.

I did have insurance on my credit card that would cover the new windshield. However, car rentals charge your credit card first and then it's up to you to get reimbursed by your insurance company or credit card company.

So guess what? Avis charges me $700 for a new windshield and bills my credit card. Now i'm back home fighting with Avis to give up the neccesary paperwork in order for me to get reimbursed. The necessary paperwork includes the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. I have a few things but not all.

Now obviously Avis in DR (which is a franchise) is reluctant to send me the bill/paperwork because it's fraudulant. Meaning the windshield probably cost them $100 to replace and they padded the bill an extra $600. So that's where i'm at now. My claims person here in the States and a buddy of mine in DR are fighting with Avis in DR for my paperwork. I have until April to settle this or my credit card company will not reimburse me.

The frustrating thing is my claims person here at home doesn't understand how corrupt DR is and goes about requesting my paperwork in a corporate manner. Naturally, Avis in DR is just blowing him off.

This is where the ignorant, currupt, uneducated, 3rd world, piece of shit part comes in. If Avis in DR had of padded the bill an extra $100 for a total of $200, most people wouldn't sweat it. But charging me $700 for a windshield. Of course i'm gonna fight it to my death!! Why do they want that kind of hassle???

Did you get all that??

mikelodge
02-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

Now for some bad news.

Unfortunately i was riding behind a gravel truck and a small rock cracked the windshield (size of a quarter). Needless to say, i had to pay for the windshield.

I did have insurance on my credit card that would cover the new windshield. However, car rentals charge your credit card first and then it's up to you to get reimbursed by your insurance company or credit card company.

So guess what? Avis charges me $700 for a new windshield and bills my credit card. Now i'm back home fighting with Avis to give up the neccesary paperwork in order for me to get reimbursed. The necessary paperwork includes the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. I have a few things but not all.

Now obviously Avis in DR (which is a franchise) is reluctant to send me the bill/paperwork because it's fraudulant. Meaning the windshield probably cost them $100 to replace and they padded the bill an extra $600. So that's where i'm at now. My claims person here in the States and a buddy of mine in DR are fighting with Avis in DR for my paperwork. I have until April to settle this or my credit card company will not reimburse me.

The frustrating thing is my claims person here at home doesn't understand how corrupt DR is and goes about requesting my paperwork in a corporate manner. Naturally, Avis in DR is just blowing him off.

This is where the ignorant, currupt, uneducated, 3rd world, piece of shit part comes in. If Avis in DR had of padded the bill an extra $100 for a total of $200, most people wouldn't sweat it. But charging me $700 for a windshield. Of course i'm gonna fight it to my death!! Why do they want that kind of hassle???

Did you get all that??

I posted the Bull Shit hour waste of time Avis put me through and the piece of junk I had to return on day 2 for a different car. Medic is a witness and was with me. One of the Canadian MOD's will confirm what I am about to say. I apolgize I forgot which one of you has the car business like I used to. LM or Kevy I think,

The point those rentals are import crap not a chev or ford and the windshield would not cost 100 here and definitely not there. 200 yes so yes you got fucked but get in line they have been doing it for years. Anyone in the business knows retail can be times 8 or times 2 depending on who you deal with. They are legally entitled to that price. You are not entitled to wholesale so again you feel fucked.

People pay 2K for a complete brake job that costs 500 tops it is called business.

Thanks for the update I will check my RSVP's for my THREE remaining DR trips

mikelodge
02-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I posted the Bull Shit hour waste of time Avis put me through and the piece of junk I had to return on day 2 for a different car. Medic is a witness and was with me. One of the Canadian MOD's will confirm what I am about to say. I apolgize I forgot which one of you has the car business like I used to. LM or Kevy I think,

The point those rentals are import crap not a chev or ford and the windshield would not cost 100 here and definitely not there. 200 yes so yes you got fucked but get in line they have been doing it for years. Anyone in the business knows retail can be times 8 or times 2 depending on who you deal with. They are legally entitled to that price. You are not entitled to wholesale so again you feel fucked.

People pay 2K for a complete brake job that costs 500 tops it is called business.

Thanks for the update I will check my RSVP's for my THREE remaining DR trips

I don't know about NET JETS but I do know more about this than some people.
I fly on Private Business Marquis Jets sometimes when I need to be somewhere on short notice and commercial isn't a good option.

I just called them and I am still good and mine will work but if you have been using this code without Avis Preferred Chairmens Club Membership the Free Ride is over I was just told 5 minutes ago by Marquis Avis Rep.

Bastardos

psriches
02-05-2010, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the update I will check my RSVP's for my THREE remaining DR tripsBut Alamo charged me $125 last year for the same exact windshield on the same exact make of car!!

So are you saying that this year wholesale is $700 as opposed to $125 last year?

Or are you saying that the Alamo repair shop charges a different price then the Avis repair shop? :rolleyes:

mikelodge
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
But Alamo charged me $125 last year for the same exact windshield on the same exact make of car!!

So are you saying that this year wholesale is $700 as opposed to $125 last year?

Or are you saying that the Alamo repair shop charges a different price then the Avis repair shop? :rolleyes:

It shouldn't vary more than 20% by a year unless a car company went out of biz. It sounds like alamo charged you wholesale since there really are no windshields for 125 RETAIL. This year you got charged HIGH RETAIL.

And yes every repair shop charges different. Try taking a car needing serious work to 5 places and see the shocking differences. I don't like it either which is why I was never in Retail Service. I owned a lease company and wholesaled cars but not for over a decade.

I prefer bars and drunks, I speak their language. :rofl:

If anyone ever needs a question asked on this crap I can answer it. But so can the other MOD I mentioned again I feel stupid (drunk) for not remembering his name but he goes to Asia and has a car lot in Canada. Ask him he will confirm what I am saying.

psriches
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM
This has nothing to do with retail and wholesale. It's not like this is my first time doing business in DR.

This has to do with padding the bill, corruption, poor education, culture and being a piece of shit in a piece of shit country!!

His own parent company AVIS (DR Avis is a franchise) doesn't even agree with the $700 charged for the windshield.

papi_sosua
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I'd like to hear *first*-hand experiences of anyone having run into trouble w/ Avis, K44404 at POP. Used it before w/ great success at POP and in Germany.

There is some discussion, re: K44404 on flyertalk.com.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

psriches
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
I'd like to hear *first*-hand experiences of anyone having run into trouble w/ Avis, K44404 at POP. Used it before w/ great success at POP and in Germany.

There is some discussion, re: K44404 on flyertalk.com.ISOC has been using the code every day successfully for the past 4 months. I think it's just now causing problems within the last week or two due to overuse. I last used it with no problem January 20th in Santiago. But it's not worth using if there's ANY hassle whatsoever.

husl2001
02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
ISOC has been using the code every day successfully for the past 4 months. I think it's just now causing problems within the last week or two due to overuse. I last used it with no problem January 20th in Santiago. But it's not worth using if there's ANY hassle whatsoever.

I had no problems with the code two weeks ago in POP, but am back again this weekend, and got challenged. It's a definite no go.

papi_sosua
02-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Please define "challenged."

Reason I am asking is that I have a reservation on K44404 about six weeks out. Should I be worried?

I had no problems with the code two weeks ago in POP, but am back again this weekend, and got challenged. It's a definite no go.

mikelodge
02-06-2010, 11:55 PM
ISOC has been using the code every day successfully for the past 4 months. I think it's just now causing problems within the last week or two due to overuse. I last used it with no problem January 20th in Santiago. But it's not worth using if there's ANY hassle whatsoever.

PSR, I have a new code from a charter I use sometimes that is supposed to be coming out in the next month or so and will gladly provide it to the up club.

I was using that code too that G my fellow Chitown man provided. I don't know or care if he got it from Net Jet but I am pretty sure he will be able to take care of himself with a new one like me.

Net, Marquis and many others are part of the Chairmans Club network of Avis.
To all members of Isoc if you are a officer of a Corp. and use Avis enough regardless of company status like LLC or S corp or C corp you can talk to Avis about an contract that you are required a certain amount of rentals a year to qualify for this Chairmans Club discount.

If questions I know Jimmy know exactly what I am talking about being in the business. Those of you that know I can give good info but If somebody xxx well I get pissed. I will answer any questions from friends.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

gmalet
02-07-2010, 08:27 AM
I used it in Costa Rica with no problems. I think Avis at POP lost alot of money with all the mongers using this code and they started to research.

psriches
02-07-2010, 11:10 AM
I used it in Costa Rica with no problems. I think Avis at POP lost alot of money with all the mongers using this code and they started to research.But did you use it in the last week? Because that's when the problems started. We all used it recently (first half of January) with no problems in POP, STI and SDQ.

We just need to be sure because we don't want to give members the impression the problem is only in POP if that's not the case.

gmalet
02-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Used it two weeks ago.

psriches
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Used it two weeks ago.Thanks for the quick response. The problems started around or after this time.

Personally, i've used it 5 times (DR and the States) successfully.

But i'm gonna follow what "husl2001" says and not use it again.

I had a good run!!

husl2001
02-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Please define "challenged."

Reason I am asking is that I have a reservation on K44404 about six weeks out. Should I be worried?

I would be concerned, if my plans hinged on the discount rate.

They expect you to be able to produce a card from the Chairman's Club bearing your name and discount code. Failure to do so means you will get charged the going rate.

They have strict orders on this, so even if you talk your way into a reduced-price rental vehicle, you'll get a call a few days later letting you know that unless you can produce the card, you'll be charged the non-discounted rental rate. Best to find a hertz coupon or other discount.

mikelodge
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I would be concerned, if my plans hinged on the discount rate.

They expect you to be able to produce a card from the Chairman's Club bearing your name and discount code. Failure to do so means you will get charged the going rate.

They have strict orders on this, so even if you talk your way into a reduced-price rental vehicle, you'll get a call a few days later letting you know that unless you can produce the card, you'll be charged the non-discounted rental rate. Best to find a hertz coupon or other discount.

husl is right it WILL NOT work anymore. I had a print out from my friends in Florida adding me to their Marquis Jet account. Black and white yet they just keep repeating themselves no card no way. They called the manager and I talked to him and explained that I had a copy of the printout showing me added.

like husl said he offered to let me take the car but said if I couldn't produce the card before I return the card I would be charged FULL price.
If the card is mailed to MN how am I supposed to get it. Shit it out. He won't take anything printed but the card.

I said fuck it and rented from Alamo with Quicksilver card which we can all get free. It was over a hundred bucks more but instead of a 68,000 mile Suzuki with problems. I should mention last time Medic went with me twice to return broken cars to Avis with ball joints howling and motor mounts jumping and I am an ex car guy.

Got 2009 Nissan Tilda with 20 rounds and shit it is worth the hundred bucks more just for the attitude difference.

psriches
02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

Now for some bad news.

Did you get all that??Just a quick update:

Avis in DR is now refusing to give me my paperwork. They billed my credit card $700 for the cracked windshield but without the paperwork, my insurance here won't reimburse me. My claims person and I have called repeatedly but keep getting the runaround. They refuse to send the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. This is no doubt because it is fraudulant as i stated! We will continue to fight. I have until April and then i will have to eat the $700.

LJDMV
02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Just a quick update:

Avis in DR is now refusing to give me my paperwork. They billed my credit card $700 for the cracked windshield but without the paperwork, my insurance here won't reimburse me. My claims person and I have called repeatedly but keep getting the runaround. They refuse to send the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. This is no doubt because it is fraudulant as i stated! We will continue to fight. I have until April and then i will have to eat the $700.

This is exactly why i decided not to rent cars when i go to DR. Too much of a hassle if anything happens with the car. I just get in those taxis..

psriches
02-10-2010, 07:38 PM
This is exactly why i decided not to rent cars when i go to DR. Too much of a hassle if anything happens with the car. I just get in those taxis..I know but we can't afford to take taxis. My wingman and I are all over the Island. This is our first rental car problem in 50 trips but still..........

Jimmydr
02-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I know but we can't afford to take taxis. My wingman and I are all over the Island. This is our first rental car problem in 50 trips but still..........

$700 divided by 50, not so bad.

psriches
02-10-2010, 07:52 PM
$700 divided by 50, not so bad.Yeah, I got greedy and went for this Avis discount without thinking about customer service. I've been with Alamo all these years and never strayed. Alamo has always taken care of me even with bumps and scrapes. Most times i didn't have to pay anything at all. I've only had 1 major incident and that was the same type of cracked windshield. But it only cost $125. Alamo has a book behind the counter with the charges listed for all incidents/scrapes. And they charge you whatever the book says. It's another lesson learned. Don't let the name "Avis" or whatever fool you. You're still dealing with people who live in shacks with 6 hrs of electricity and the mentality that goes along with that!!!

gmalet
02-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Jimmy looks like the fun is over with this discount code. Please close or delete thread so no one else tries to use the discount code.

papi_sosua
02-11-2010, 08:20 AM
There are plenty of other Avis codes available that do not require to produce any card. None of them however gives as deep a discount as K44404.
To illustrate: I priced a Kia Pinto at $100 for 8 days w/ K44404; next best code came to $135 for the same time period.

Codes are freely available at flyertalk.com.

Jimmy looks like the fun is over with this discount code. Please close or delete thread so no one else tries to use the discount code.

mikelodge
02-11-2010, 08:36 AM
Just a quick update:

I propose we all ban AVIS

mikelodge
02-11-2010, 08:38 AM
This is exactly why i decided not to rent cars when i go to DR. Too much of a hassle if anything happens with the car. I just get in those taxis..

No hassle with Alamo and what taxi's in Sosua. I am not falling of a moto

mikelodge
02-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I got greedy and went for this Avis discount without thinking about customer service. I've been with Alamo all these years and never strayed. Alamo has always taken care of me even with bumps and scrapes. Most times i didn't have to pay anything at all. I've only had 1 major incident and that was the same type of cracked windshield. But it only cost $125. Alamo has a book behind the counter with the charges listed for all incidents/scrapes. And they charge you whatever the book says. It's another lesson learned. Don't let the name "Avis" or whatever fool you. You're still dealing with people who live in shacks with 6 hrs of electricity and the mentality that goes along with that!!!

I just got off the phone to Miami about my new discount card but they said since it is in my name it would only work for me.

I would have posted it just to piss avis off.

I am not using them here ever again. They probably would try to fuck me anyway after I called them all fucking lieing assholes at the counter

mikelodge
02-11-2010, 08:44 AM
There are plenty of other Avis codes available that do not require to produce any card. None of them however gives as deep a discount as K44404.
To illustrate: I priced a Kia Pinto at $100 for 8 days w/ K44404; next best code came to $135 for the same time period.

Codes are freely available at flyertalk.com.

35% sounds about right, I was at 265 for Avis and now 380 with Alamo but like I mentioned the car is WAYYYY better.

Mr Hillbilly
02-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Adventurer rent a car is 220 per week.Nelly I got a brand new Aveo Xmas(from Nelly) but paid 200 more.I know one guy had issue with Adventurer after giving his credit card but I pay cash full coverage insurance .I still look at the car in any rental agency before I rent alot of crap in the DR.

http://www.adventurerentcar.com/

papi_sosua
02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Cancelled w/ Avis. That's a $100 bucks they are not getting.

Maybe they haven't realized yet that it is a soft economy and they should be thankful for any business they can get.

I propose we all ban AVIS

Passport Playa
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Here is an example of how much I believe in I.S.O.C. solidarity.:iconTU:
YOUR RESERVATION IS CANCELLED

CRAIG, your reservation has been cancelled. Please consider Avis for any of your future rental car needs.

The Mac Man

DCIronman
02-16-2010, 07:16 AM
The Avis at STI (Santiago) is also now requiring that you show them your discount card in order to get the reduced rate. I guess they too got suspicious when so many suddenly started using the code.

DCIronman
02-16-2010, 07:30 AM
to answer Fordtech question it is not worth renting a car in Sosua....or any tourist trap place........I'd only say rent one if you are doing the DR tour thingy and driving from say the La Capital up to Sosua....then it would be worth it.......and never, ever rent a car in Jamaica cause dat is a death wish........

Sosua is a lot bigger than just Pedro Clisante. And there are mongering opportunities all up and down the North Coast. I think that you are definitely limiting yourself if you don't have some sort of transpo. Personally, I can't see myself being in Sosua without a rental.

And I don't trust the motoconchos. Seen too many chicas with scars and shit from motoconcho accidents.

DRCowboy
02-16-2010, 08:39 AM
Solidarity.
Just Cancelled my Avis for next week. Used a code from Flyertalk.com for 15 % off at Europacar 7 days Volkswagen Fox 131.08 USD. Also used the American Express deal for insurance (twenty nine something for whole rental period).

papi_sosua
02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Note that the AE Premium Car Rental Insurance only provides for extended CDW benefits over and above what the card itself already provides. Not needed, IMHO.

In my mind having sufficient LIABILITY insurance is really the key. Otherwise, in case of an accident, you will not be leaving the island until all demands by the other party to the accident have been satisfied. And I don't see the AE Premium Car Rental Insurance providing for that...

YMMV.

Solidarity.
Just Cancelled my Avis for next week. Used a code from Flyertalk.com for 15 % off at Europacar 7 days Volkswagen Fox 131.08 USD. Also used the American Express deal for insurance (twenty nine something for whole rental period).

ROVER
02-16-2010, 06:56 PM
Just a quick update:

psriches can't you just dispute the charge with your credit card company and then the Dominican scam artists at Avis will have to prove to your credit card company that it is a valid charge by submitting the proper documentation to them and then the credit card company will turn the documentation over to you to respond to.

If they do not turn over documentation to the credit card company then the credit card company will not honor the charge and if they do turn over the documentation you can turn it over to your insurance company and continue to still fight it as being an overcharge with the credit card company.

I for one would love to see you get paid by your insurance company and have the credit card company invalidate the charges altogether and you will have some Monger money in your pocket for your troubles and those Dominican scam artists at Avis will get shit for trying to scam a customer.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.

psriches
02-16-2010, 08:21 PM
psriches can't you just dispute the charge with your credit card company and then the Dominican scam artists at Avis will have to prove to your credit card company that it is a valid charge by submitting the proper documentation to them and then the credit card company will turn the documentation over to you to respond to.

If they do not turn over documentation to the credit card company then the credit card company will not honor the charge and if they do turn over the documentation you can turn it over to your insurance company and continue to still fight it as being an overcharge with the credit card company.

I for one would love to see you get paid by your insurance company and have the credit card company invalidate the charges altogether and you will have some Monger money in your pocket for your troubles and those Dominican scam artists at Avis will get shit for trying to scam a customer.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.Thanks.

This was going to be my plan B after i've exausted all other options. The credit card company has already been notified of my intentions.

One of the issues is that the insurance claim process has an expiration. And i know disputing a charge takes time. I don't want to get in a situation where my insurance claim expires and i also lose the dispute. Then i end up with nothing.

mikelodge
02-17-2010, 12:10 AM

I argee and hope he can forward the compaints all around. I hate the way they treated me and I will never do any business with them in the DR which is franchised throughout the islands so the same applies.

I am sure all of us will gladly find and post deal that work to consider.

I think we should all not forget that G our considerate member that posted the code (gmalet) should still be thanked for all the savings we were able to share in.

I agree f Avis as far as I am concerned and they will get a nice letter from me since my drunken lawyer has nothing to do until fishing season.

Again don't you agree guys that Gmalet deserves a atta boy for one of the most valuable posts ever on here. Just my opinion but hey that is my opinion. :iconTU:

psriches
02-17-2010, 01:01 AM
No one is implying it's Gmalet's fault and we all gave him praise! I already told you guys how many times i used the code and how much money i saved. In fact, we've been thanking G the entire thread.

But with that said, hey G you owe me $700......... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

mikelodge
02-17-2010, 04:10 PM
No one is implying it's Gmalet's fault and we all gave him praise! I already told you guys how many times i used the code and how much money i saved. In fact, we've been thanking G the entire thread.

But with that said, hey G you owe me $700......... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I agree I only saved a couple hundred on DR rentals but it was a bonus.

mikelodge
02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
I agree I only saved a couple hundred on DR rentals but it was a bonus.

I should only be about 2 days away from having a smooth booking format down with comparable prices to the previous Avis discount stay tuned for a new post on rental rates coming up in between snowmobiling and ice fishing mongoring.:rofl:

NYC2DR
03-23-2010, 06:04 PM
I tried using this code last week. Worked online but when i get to the counter they want some type of proof or letter indicating that i am affiliated with the company code. I told them that i had left it at home and that the website did not say that i had to present proof at the counter. To make a long story short after arguing back and forth they called the manager who refused to honor the discount. I went to budget right next to them and they rented me the same car for the price that i had w/ the discount. When Avis seen that i was talking to Budget they tried to get me back but was too late. Will never use Avis again.

ROVER
03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Psriches Give us an update I have been thinking about this lately any progress ??

psriches
03-23-2010, 09:19 PM
THE GOOD NEWS:

I used the AVIS discount 4 times in DR and once on a trip to North Carolina.

But I hate Avis and i have a good relationship with Alamo so I'll just return home to Alamo.

Now for THE BAD NEWS:

During my trip in January, i rented from Avis in Santiago.

So guess what? Avis charges me $700 for a new windshield and bills my credit card. Now I'm back home fighting with Avis to give up the necessary paperwork in order for me to get reimbursed. The necessary paperwork includes the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. I have a few things but not all.

Now obviously Avis in DR (which is a franchise) is reluctant to send me the bill/paperwork because it's fraudulent. Meaning the windshield probably cost them $100 to replace and they padded the bill an extra $600. So that's where I'm at now. My claims person here in the States and a buddy of mine in DR are fighting with Avis in DR for my paperwork. I have until April to settle this or my credit card company will not reimburse me.

This is where the ignorant, corrupt, uneducated, 3rd world, piece of shit part comes in. If Avis in DR had of padded the bill an extra $100 for a total of $200, most people wouldn't sweat it. But charging me $700 for a windshield. Of course I'm gonna fight it to my death!! Why do they want that kind of hassle???

Did you get all that??Funny you brought this up! I was just about to post an update tonight.

Since the January incident, I've been on the phone at least 3 times a week begging and threatening DR AVIS to send my paperwork ao i can be reimbursed my $700.

My claims adjuster here in the States had no clue what he was dealing with in DR. He kept saying things like, "I'll give them a call", then "fax them" and "follow it up with a letter".:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Good luck with that!! Hope they have Luz at the time of your fax. And i hope the guy at the desk doesn't lose the Avis cell phone. And I've never seen any type of mail delivery!

Anyway, after 3 months of going back and forth with DR Avis, my wingman WSJ actually had to go down there to Santiago in person, and get things rolling.

Long story short, they initially charged me $700 for a windshield crack the size of a quarter and my insurance here in the States (master card) reimbursed me for $550 which was good enough for me!!!

The check arrived yesterday!

ROVER
03-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm glad :wink: you got something and your happy with it ............
but it irks me to no end that those scamming bastards get away with what they do. :mad:

mikelodge
03-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Funny you brought this up! I was just about to post an update tonight.

Since the January incident, I've been on the phone at least 3 times a week begging and threatening DR AVIS to send my paperwork ao i can be reimbursed my $700.

My claims adjuster here in the States had no clue what he was dealing with in DR. He kept saying things like, "I'll give them a call", then "fax them" and "follow it up with a letter".:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Good luck with that!! Hope they have Luz at the time of your fax. And i hope the guy at the desk doesn't lose the Avis cell phone. And I've never seen any type of mail delivery!

Anyway, after 3 months of going back and forth with DR Avis, my wingman WSJ actually had to go down there to Santiago in person, and get things rolling.

Long story short, they initially charged me $700 for a windshield crack the size of a quarter and my insurance here in the States (master card) reimbursed me for $550 which was good enough for me!!!

The check arrived yesterday!

Fuck AVIS I got added to a friends Marquis Jet account and they will honor mine but there cars in the DR suck so bad and have such high miles on mechanical problems that I will be loyal to Alamo that at least put me in some Nissan Tilda whatever the fuck that is and it only had 10K and no issues.

trEPP33
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Does anyone have any updated/valid codes for any car rental companies in the DR? I'm leaving later this week for SDQ and am looking to rent a vehicle.

mikelodge
04-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Does anyone have any updated/valid codes for any car rental companies in the DR? I'm leaving later this week for SDQ and am looking to rent a vehicle.

You may find by going to Europcar's website and selecting the prepay option that you will save quite a bit however with this short of notice it may not give you that option.

Typically it is better to reserve something weeks or monthes in advance then check back a couple of weeks before leaving to see if the rate has gone down.

Or try Ent100 for a code might work

trEPP33
04-05-2010, 07:35 PM
You may find by going to Europcar's website and selecting the prepay option that you will save quite a bit however with this short of notice it may not give you that option.

Typically it is better to reserve something weeks or monthes in advance then check back a couple of weeks before leaving to see if the rate has gone down.

Or try Ent100 for a code might workThanks, I'll give it a shot.

mikelodge
04-20-2010, 01:11 AM

OK guys I promised a new code for AVIS and I may have temporarily forgot about it but someone emailed me and asked for it.

If you book Avis and assuming you are not already getting the lowest fare which you sometimes do far out in advance or last minute or when a sale is on this could will lower your rate up to 25% and they won't ask for a ID card if I tell you a couple tips.

First you put this where it says AWD #

Second if you have a coupon that is good internationally or perhaps in the US and it includes Latin America and the Caribean you can try to add a coupon code. Unless you got a free upgrade one or something from Avis on a past rental I am not aware of too many coupons good outside the US for Avis.

Third when using this AWD to book remember and make a note of this on your confirmation that you print out that you are with MGM Resort Groups which is a development arm of the hotel chain. Just remember MGM Resorts

Fourth there are no ID cards for this companys Group ID since this code is for their Exec's. You can still use your own Wizard # if you have one to fill in your personal info faster and if you already are associated with an AWD just switch them.

Fifth I have used it several times and it is not as good as the old Net Jet one in some cases but at least it doesn't require ID guaranteed and would fuck you up at the counter with a long delay. I used it in POP the beginning of the month.

Any questions let me know.

PS: The President of that division is a friend of mine and knows I share the code and doesn't care as long as I continue to take him to the best fishing spots. :lol:

It is AWD #W2375035

mikelodge
05-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Did you try the new Avis code I posted? I just used it and it works great here in the US. I rented a vehicle for 2 days when I had over a 1000 miles to drive in the 2 days and saved a bunch of money off my expensive tires ect.

Anyone that needs it feel free to use it

trEPP33
06-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I tried using the new code provided for AVIS but found the price provided by Alamo to be better. I've used Alamo and the cars are the same as those provided by AVIS. Furthermore i went to the COSTCO website and used their coupon/code and got an even better deal. By the way, not only is the price better but I got a 1 class upgrade too :)

Roy
07-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I tried using the new code provided for AVIS but found the price provided by Alamo to be better. I've used Alamo and the cars are the same as those provided by AVIS. Furthermore i went to the COSTCO website and used their coupon/code and got an even better deal. By the way, not only is the price better but I got a 1 class upgrade too :)

What is the Costco coupon/code?

mikelodge
07-21-2010, 05:24 PM
What is the Costco coupon/code?

I think you need to be a Costco Member to sign into their site to use it but I am not sure.

The good thing with the Avis Code I posted that is for MGM Resorts is that my friends and I use it and always get at least a double upgrade or better at the rental counter. They recognize the company name that comes up on the computer and we jokingly always kid them and say if you ever leave Avis look us up. :lol:

Bingo ugrade city

AWD #W237535

Sometimes you will find a cheaper rate by a few dollars with another company but usually Hertz and Avis have the newest cars so the lesser chance of a tire issue or whatever.

Avis also has coupon codes for like a free weekend night domestic only and 3rd day free and stuff with coupon codes. They are only in some areas try CPN # UUGA001 and TUGA137

Jimbo44
11-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I just tried using it for a 2 day rental in Ft Lauderdale b4 my cruise and the base rate was 126.00 and w taxes came out to over 40 more.

The Sage
11-15-2010, 12:29 PM
It's hard to believe, but rental car taxes in FL are higher than those in the DR

Jimbo44
11-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Unless I am dooing something wrong, I put in for Nov 25th 8 pm to Nov 28th 1 pm Fort Laud pic up and Miami drop off, and they want 126 base rate for those 2 or so days.

mikelodge
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
I just tried using it for a 2 day rental in Ft Lauderdale b4 my cruise and the base rate was 126.00 and w taxes came out to over 40 more.

Jimbo try Car Rentals .com they compare sites.

mikelodge
11-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Unless I am dooing something wrong, I put in for Nov 25th 8 pm to Nov 28th 1 pm Fort Laud pic up and Miami drop off, and they want 126 base rate for those 2 or so days.

That is 3 days. 2 days plus 1 hour is 3 days. So $42 a day for short notice is not bad for a holiday weekend. You know it is always higher on the big holidays when relatives come to town and need cars.

sonrisa
12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Still works. Just tried this code for Avis and it still is good. Basically, I was able to rent an intermediate (two grades above an economy) for the same price as the economy before. Good enough for me.

mikelodge
12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Still works. Just tried this code for Avis and it still is good. Basically, I was able to rent an intermediate (two grades above an economy) for the same price as the economy before. Good enough for me.

Did you use the one I posted with a W or the Old one Gmalet posted with a K because if you did use the OLD ONE it doesn't matter that it worked online you will be paying full price.

All three of the Avis airports POP, STI and SDQ all are the same and they haven't honored that old Net Jet one unless you really have a Net Jet account. They got wise to people ripping them off over a year ago (There words not mine) and the GM told me that after over an hour at the counter and several phone calls

psriches
12-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the info!!!

Now for some bad news.

Did you get all that??Be very careful with Avis!

Kevy
12-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Be very careful with Avis!

That is a sad story, i rented from Avis once in the DR. At POP airport, we went over all the scratches and everything on the car, and I don't think there was one area without a scratch:rolleyes:. They probably never fixed the windshield.

Snowman
12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Car rentals are cheap normally in Florida compared to up North. Sometimes half or more.

mikelodge
12-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Car rentals are cheap normally in Florida compared to up North. Sometimes half or more.

Ok then

BorisDaBulletDodger
02-28-2011, 11:55 PM
just got back tonight from SDQ, I would have came home yesterday if it wasn't for Avis.

I have used this code several times and it is great. However this is the first time I have ever had a serious problem with the car.

After reading many posts, I came prepared. I took time stamped pictures of all the dings dents and damages before I recieved the car. I also charged this on my American Express card which seemed to be the best coverage around. After the inspection noticed the traditional Dominican test of opening the trunk and smacking the spare tire like smacking a Puta's ass to ensure that it is a good spare.

Anyway I took the new Highway from SDQ to Sosua which was an awesome drive. The last day we pack and head to the SDQ and left Sosua around 12:45pm. On my return drive east of by looking at the map, north of Cabrera, I hit a pothole going about 100kph. It took out both tires especially the rear which was completely flat. The front tire was leaking and losing air fast.

We decide to attempt to change the tire that is completely flat, as fast as possible, and haul ass to the next town, and keep filling it up with air, until we find a place to find a tire repair store. We get the jack, and all the tools. Well the important lesson here is when the guy smacks the tire, make sure the jack fits the lug nuts on the car. We could not get the nuts off to change the tire. Better yet, we had no cell phone service on any of our phones, All of us had Claro chips and even Verizon did not work.

What made all of this worse was this was the last day of the Carnival which apparently is a big deal everywhere in the DR. After careful thinking, we decided to either stop a passing car, or better yet, send our friend on the next available motoconcho to the next town. The first motorcycle we got to stop was not a concho, but just a nice man. He took our friend who speaks the most spanish and he was off. He basically went to the next town which was close by, and got a tire iron, and a large hand bicycle pump. I thought he was nutz but he asked me to pump up the leaking tire, and he changed the flat to the donut. We then got the car to moveable condition. I am not sure what town we were in, but it was one of those small towns you drive through, and several dozen people are just sitting outside. We return the pump to one casa, and the jack to the other and we were off.

We stop by a gas station, and there were many chicas eye fucking us, which sucked, since we were running out of time. But we pump up with more air and we are off. We finally get to Cabrera and find a tire repair store, which we may have never found without this guys help. A little kid jumps out of the pick up truck and asked us to call the number on the door. We called several times, but apparently he was away for the Carnival. We got nervous since we establish an "Ow Shit time" of 3:30pm of getting these tires replaced and making it to the Airport in time. We must have been in that town for about 35 minutes where coincedently the tire repair man showed up. We thought we were going to get raped, and might have but it wasn't as bad as we thought. It was $150 Pesos to repair the tire, and $700 pesos for a very good looking, but used tire.

We are off and confident of making our flight. We get on the new highway, pay the first toll and haul ass. A wierd sound is coming from the car, and we realize the fixed tire is flat again. We have no jack again, and now we know for sure we are in the middle of no where. If you know the highway, it is about 40km from SDQ and it is the part where all the dead palm trees are and it looks like the land of the dead.

At this point we tried hitchhiking which was a huge failure. Our game plan was to just make it to a point where we can either have some drive us to the airport, or close enough to the airport and take a cab and abandon the car, and have AVis figure it out.

The good thing was that SDQ was close, and we had cell phone service this time and were able to talk to Avis the whole time. I am not sure who he was but somebody stopped, with army gear on. He called the flat bed from the toll booth, and apparenty this is a free service on this highway. We talked to him and he mentioned regular Domincans cannot afford this highway, and it is either rich people, or tourist, and that hitchhiking out here is useless. Anyway the flat bed got us to the next stop which of course was available to change the tire to the spare again. We break off many peso's to the people who helped as propina, and we were off again, at this point, we might be late, but still had a fighting chance by some miracle, or at least change cars at Avis to another car. I start the car and the battery is dead. Probably from leaving the hazaard lights on. We opened the hood, and the guy mentioned that it was a motorcycle battery.

Well we finally found jumper cables, but at this point, it was so far dead, that it took about 20 minutes to get started. We know for sure the flight is gone by now. Anyway we got back, and they exchanged us for the nicest car they had, and told us to complain to the manager on duty the next day, since the guy couldn't help us at night. We left the car with about a half tank of gas but did not want to shut off the car, and felt we had enough to yell at them, and they won't have the balls to charge us the gas.

I carefully yelled and complained to the manager, showed him pictures and video of the car and the jack not fitting any of the nuts and license plate. She tried to give me a 35% discount. I complained that the new airplane ticket was $300 each, and the hotel was $50 blah blah blah. She gave us the car for free. I tried to get some kind of voucher, but felt I was getting too greedy. I will try through the american side of Avis.com. I made it clear that either they can make it free, or not get paid by American Express.

So the lesson is

Always check the policy of your CC coverage.
Take pictures of all damages with time stamp of previous damages.
Check the spare tire, and make sure the jack fits the nuts
Check the car battery to make sure it is not motorcycle battery.
of course more might be added later.

I will report if they try to add any charges, or if Avis gives me any more to make it right.

mrblackluv
03-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Wow...what a story..
I have never thought to check the lug wrench, or the battery.

Sidney
03-08-2011, 04:12 PM

AWD# K444404

Fricken spectacular.

Thank you, thank you. You just saved me $600 !

CentralNJDude
03-08-2011, 08:46 PM
Maybe time to add a wrench and a multi-tool to the packing list. I rented a car from Avis the last trip and do look over the flat to make sure its the right configuration as the tires but would have never checked the lug-nut size or the damn battery!! Welcome to a country where everything is improvised.

voltage69
03-09-2011, 08:03 PM
i used nelly rent a car last time i was there. and avis before that. i actually got a nicer car with nelly and its like 21 bucks a day for a regular economy car (plus insurance). the site was nellyrac.com/en

BigLongBeach
03-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Also check tire pressure.

I rented car once and i had a issue when i was driving along the way to La Romana. The highway between boca chica and juan dolio is in pretty good condition. All of a sudden i here a explosion under my car. I didnt hit a pothole i was just switching lanes. I managed to not swerve out of control and make it to the shoulder. I had a tire blow out from the inner part of the rim on the inside of the tire. I make it to the tire shop he checks all my tires and sees that they all have too much tire pressure which he said caused the tire blow out.

From then on out i always have them check the tire pressure for most cars it should be 32 to 35 psi (i think)

Sidney
03-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Solidarity.
Avoid Europcar. They tried to scam me big time!:mad:

Sidney
03-10-2011, 03:22 PM

Visa refused to help me on a Europcar padded scam. Visa said they must accept the words of the rental company! In other words, they fuked their customer= me!

Sidney
04-06-2011, 12:03 PM
AVIS--POP is demanding the actual Net Jet coupon when I returned my car. AVIS refused to honor the original contract, then they charged me several hundred dollars more.

borninusa
04-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I used the discount code at Avis flying into PUJ for 8 days. Used insurance through my credit card company; Avis makes you sign more forms if you deny there insurance. I made sure I got a copy of everything. $200 for 8 days, no problems.

joba62
04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
I just used it again. With half off, I was able to afford an SUV. Best deal on the internet!

joba62
04-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Here's another code - A074800. Pretty good if you're having trouble with the other code.

BorisDaBulletDodger
01-18-2012, 09:22 AM
These codes don't seem to be as good as I remember from previous trips anyone have a new one?

BorisDaBulletDodger
11-05-2012, 10:38 AM
BTW if you ever take the midnight flight out of FLL to STI on Spirit, be advised that Avis will not be there at the airport according to the competition and several people who experienced the same thing and yes I had a reservation, will see what I will get when I complain in all capital letters which means I am yelling at them. The only company that was open when I arrived was National/Alamo, on my return flight, I returned to the rental car area, to yell at somebody, and Avis again was not there.

ROVER
11-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I have found Alamo/National the most reliable and in my limited experience has been up to Western standards in customer service.

Which is an anomaly on the island of Hispaniola.

BorisDaBulletDodger
12-04-2012, 09:37 PM
A code that seemed to work saved a few dollars

G417900

trymounting
12-07-2012, 08:55 AM
are there any codes for national?

ROVER
12-07-2012, 05:56 PM
are there any codes for national?

I always use National/Alamo and never seen a code for them but for me one isn't necessary as their rates always beat Hertz and Avis's and so has their service.

I really can't say enough good things about the office's in Santo Domingo both in the airport and in the city.

It was due to others recommendations that I tried them and it is one of the best tips I ever got.

As always though YMMV.

trEPP33
07-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Does anyone have any new codes for any rental company?