PDA

View Full Version : Long lost granny

NewsWhore
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
If Robert Stack were alive now, it'd make for a great piece on Unsolved Mysteries. The story of Dona Beatriz Batista can only be described as a scene out of the show made popular by Stack. "I am rich, but my family thinks I am dead," were the words that Dona Beatriz kept repeating. The 84-year old woman, who has been at the Leopoldo Martinez hospital in Hato Mayor for the last 4 years, actually went missing 30 years ago. The story had an interesting twist, after a carpenter who was working at the hospital, who was originally from Puerto Plata, where Dona Beatriz is from, recognized her and notified her family. The story continues a few days after when a man, driving a late model SUV, appeared at the hospital looking for Dona Beatriz. Family members realized that she was in fact their missing relative and tears began to flow. The family has yet to reveal how and why the woman left, saying she disappeared without a trace. Listin Diario reports that Dona Beatriz had married a Haitian man at some point after her disappearance. The man has since died, leaving no one else with any real information about her life. Rumors were rife in Hato Mayor that the Haitian man had actually kidnapped and seduced the elderly woman, but this story has yet to be proven.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#10)