PDA

View Full Version : Where to rent

jd_mine
01-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Anyone know where I can rent a cool car (like a jeepeta/SUV) that will get the chicas wet and that will not crap out on me???
And how much would it be for 4 weeks????
I need an adress that will not rip me off and delivers a reliable car.........and I do not want to leave my driver's license or passport with them.....

Willie
01-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Iwould suggest making a reservaation online with a reputable Company. Might save yourself lots of problems in the long run.

I am going to Santo Domingo and I have a reservation with Thrifty for $23/day for a compact. Of course the compulsory Insurance adds to the bill.

I reserved a compact and experience has taught me that the average chica dying to get from point A to point B would be grateful for a ride in any kind of car.

The ones who are looking for guys with SUV's are too rich for my blood. :D

But then at my age have to take it slow
:wink:

Willie

jd_mine
01-30-2005, 02:03 PM
The chicas aren't the main reason. You can get chicas anywhere in DR just by being a gringo. I feel with the way they drive over there a SUV or jeepeta would give you more confidence and respect in traffic.

Bug Boy
01-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Anyone know where I can rent a cool car (like a jeepeta/SUV) that will get the chicas wet and that will not crap out on me???
And how much would it be for 4 weeks????
I need an adress that will not rip me off and delivers a reliable car.........and I do not want to leave my driver's license or passport with them..... Rent through the major companies (Alamo, Hertz, Avis). 4-weeks w/ an SUV should cost about $2,000 (w/ mandatory insurance).

Do a search on DR1 (www.DR1.com), there's plenty of info regarding rentals in the Dominican Republic and price rentals on the company sites.

BTW: Make sure the car has a CD Player (not all do), half the fun is blasting Reggaeton from the car while cruising through the barrio with a couple of chicas.

-Helpmann

psriches
06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
This pass weekend, i rented an economy car from Alamo for $23 a day. I booked at home on Expedia. Make sure you pay in cash upon returning car (US or Pesos) because you will get ripped by the credit card conversion.

DEPUTY DAWG
06-03-2005, 08:52 PM
This pass weekend, i rented an economy car from Alamo for $23 a day. I booked at home on Expedia. Make sure you pay in cash upon returning car (US or Pesos) because you will get ripped by the credit card conversion.

What was the total cost per day including insurance and where did you get it. BTW it was cool hanging out a bit, looking forward to taking it to the next level. Hangin with the locals was cool as hell 8) 8) 8)

psriches
06-03-2005, 09:09 PM

What was the total cost per day including insurance and where did you get it. BTW it was cool hanging out a bit, looking forward to taking it to the next level. Hangin with the locals was cool as hell 8) 8) 8)That's how we do it! Off the beaten path style! About the car; the total was $23 a day. Major credit card companies will insure the car for free. This is for an economy car. I'm sure you remember. The car rental companies are located in the airport. And by the way, it was great meeting you as well. Looking forward to our next episode.

Black Ghost
06-04-2005, 10:40 AM
an SUV should cost about $2,000 (w/ mandatory insurance).
-Helpmann

Couldnt you buy a car for that price? 8O

Bug Boy
06-04-2005, 10:50 AM
an SUV should cost about $2,000 (w/ mandatory insurance).
-Helpmann

Couldnt you buy a car for that price? 8ONo, you couldn't. Car rentals are expensive, particularly SUVs.

-Helpmann

Jimmydr
06-11-2005, 09:57 AM
Most cars in town are $35 - $40 per day.

jd_mine
06-11-2005, 10:01 AM
But they break down within 5 minutes :-)
Plus it won't be the car you asked for :-)

Jimmydr
06-11-2005, 10:03 AM
But they break down within 5 minutes :-)
Plus it won't be the car you asked for :-)

It never is but thats Sosua for you. :(

knotty
06-11-2005, 11:22 AM
psriches, did you get that in STI or POP airport?

Jimmydr
06-11-2005, 01:25 PM
psriches, did you get that in STI or POP airport?

He got it thru expedia and picked it up in Santiago.