PDA

View Full Version : 1st timer solo trip December 9-14

ricwilli
10-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Flight reservations are in and room is booked at New Gardens! I am contemplating relocating to DR, and this is an exploratory trip, plus some mongering! I have been reading this site, and am not new to the hobby. I retired from the adult industry (owned Black Widow Productions) so don't get the free young stuff anymore!

If anyone is going to be there during that period, I would like to meet you! Never to old to learn!

Cheers,
Ric

Jimmydr
10-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Flight reservations are in and room is booked at New Gardens! I am contemplating relocating to DR, and this is an exploratory trip, plus some mongering! I have been reading this site, and am not new to the hobby. I retired from the adult industry (owned Black Widow Productions) so don't get the free young stuff anymore!

If anyone is going to be there during that period, I would like to meet you! Never to old to learn!

Cheers,
Ric

And why would you want to relocate to a place you have never been to yet?:confused::confused:

ricwilli
10-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Research...research...research! Again, I did say contemplating! I am retired, yet very active...a SCUBA Instructor and have a fixed net income of $5,000/month USD. While that sounds OK...It doesn't go that far in the good old USA! I did consider Cozumel, Mexico too, as well as Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. But...the DR seems to fit my needs, including the mongering part. And, I have been told that I can live very well on my income. So, we will see...not something that I am rushing into!

weyland
10-17-2009, 04:32 PM
a fixed net income of $5,000/month USD ...And, I have been told that I can live very well on my income.
For sure. I am having the time of my life on less than US$3000, though you would probably be advised to spend a sizable part of the difference on health insurance. Even if I had the money it's not economic to take out at my age (69).

The main question is whether you can adapt to Third World conditions. A lot of North Americans think they can, then either throw in the towel or live in an artificial bubble of security and a small(ish) circle of ex-pat cronies. That is a waste of living down here if you ask me.

But I was coming here for four and half years (with a total of eight months spent here) before I finally immigrated. I wouldn't make the move until you have spent a total of at least six months spread over two/three years.

Jimbo44
10-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I will be there for trip # 12 at NG from Dec 2-10 See you there for your first day!!!

balcoach
10-17-2009, 05:32 PM
For 5K per month, you can live LARGE and if you chose, you could find some work as a Scuba instructor, to keep yourself busy.

Holla at your boy...if you have any ?'s.

Jimmydr
10-18-2009, 08:14 AM
Research...research...research! Again, I did say contemplating! I am retired, yet very active...a SCUBA Instructor and have a fixed net income of $5,000/month USD. While that sounds OK...It doesn't go that far in the good old USA! I did consider Cozumel, Mexico too, as well as Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. But...the DR seems to fit my needs, including the mongering part. And, I have been told that I can live very well on my income. So, we will see...not something that I am rushing into!

Thats a good answer.

SrSuerte
10-18-2009, 08:22 AM
I arrive on the 5th of December after some MDE fun.

ricwilli
10-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Jimbo I look forward to meeting you!

As far as medical insurance, I am a 100% service connected disabled veteran, so get free medical through the VA which has a foreign medical program which pays all medical costs while living in a foreign country, so that part is covered!

SrSuete are you staying at the New Gardens?

chicmatic
10-18-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll hopefully be in the NG around that time. I was waiting until closer to the date to reserve a room.

SeaWeed
10-18-2009, 08:12 PM
certainly do your research and then living somewhere for quite a few months will get your feet wet and condition you a bit.......6 months really would give you a better idea.......going for a week or two isn't really enuff to make an educated decision.....not bad though for exploratory chit

I've researched this quite a bit too and so far the DR is a best bet for us North Americans.......

Jamaica is so dayum expensive when it comes to living expenses it would make you not sleep at night........I really like Cozumel, Mexico too since I've been there 6 times but the DR is a better bet.....The Bahamas aren't worth considering nor many of the other islands in the Caribbean cause of the laws etc and living expenses.........health care is horrible on most of these islands too so getting a quick flight out is essential which can cost an arm and leg in some Caribbean countries.......

ricwilli
10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey Rocko,

I had a deposit on a house in Cozumel in 2007...a 3 bedroom with maids quarters for $98,000 USD. Then my pregnant daughter freaked out as she didn't want her dad outside the US, so I moved to Vegas. Only see her twice a year, so now she doesn't care where I live! I checked out Cozumel again and the prices have escalated and I know from over 30 previous trips that the mongering is not great. Used to be until they shut down 3km.

I think that I will take the advice given here though and try a 6 month jaunt in the DR if I like it after my visit in December!