PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Apartment to rent in SD

trEPP33
10-18-2009, 01:29 AM
I'm looking for accommodations in Santo Domingo. I prefer to stay in an apartment as I will be there for two weeks. After searching through most of the threads in the Hotels section the only apartment/condo I saw was the Camilo House Apartments which is now on my list. I sent them an email and am awaiting a response from them. If I cannot find a suitable apartment I think I will stay at Hotel Palacio as there are many great reports here with good things to say about that hotel.

Does anyone know of any nice apartments in Santo Domingo or have any comments regarding the Camilo House Apartments?

trEPP33
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I received a response from Camilo House today and they do have apartments available but they only have full size beds. I need king size or queen at the very least.

Also received a response from the Palacio too. They too have apartments available. I will get more information on those tomorrow. I was told by the hotel desk that the apartments are just a nice as the hotel so I'm anxious to get the info.

Dr.Kush
10-18-2009, 07:36 PM
The Camilo House sux , I moved after one night there, and the beds are tiny. I would not reccomend this place to anyone.

trEPP33
10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
The Camilo House sux , I moved after one night there, and the beds are tiny. I would not reccomend this place to anyone.
Like I mentioned, it came off my list as soon as they said "full size bed". Do you know of any other places that you would recommend?

Passport Playa
10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I received a response from Camilo House today and they do have apartments available but they only have full size beds. I need king size or queen at the very least.

Also received a response from the Palacio too. They too have apartments available. I will get more information on those tomorrow. I was told by the hotel desk that the apartments are just a nice as the hotel so I'm anxious to get the info.

Anxiously awaiting the apartment information from The Palacio.

The Mac Man

yayow
10-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I would think your best bet, is in the direction you are going, an aparta- hotel, there are a ton of them depending on what area you are looking at. A regular apartment with a normal landlord wouldn't be interested more than likely in something as short term as you are suggesting.

Drjetman
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
The Palacio has apartments in another location heading down toward the Malecon. They are not as nice as the Palacio rooms which are great. There is a watchman of some sort but there is no problem bringing the chicas in. Having said that, the Palacio recently finished a renovation that may include apartments in hotel itself. I'm not sure. Best to find out where the apartments are located when they get back to you.

yayow
10-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Try this link from DR1 it's for small hotels http://dr1travel.com/ under South Central area which covers Santo Domingo, hope it helps.

trEPP33
10-21-2009, 05:44 PM
Got a response from Palacio today. They used to own the apartments but sold them a few years ago. They did provide me the name, Paseo Colonial, and stated its location is not far from the hotel. They also suggested I look at them while I am there of course staying at their hotel for this trip :O) which I think is what I am going to do at this point. Paseo Colonial does have a website located here (http://paseocolonial.com/index.php?lang=english).

Looks like they too only have full size beds. What's up with the small beds in all these apartments?

Yayow, i did look at the offerings on the link you provided but nothing piqued my interests. Thanks for posting though.