PDA

View Full Version : How much $$...?

jdb1393
10-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Hello,

First off, I'd like to say thank you to everyone for this wealth of knowledge shared on this great forum. It sure is appreciated.

My wing man and I are booked for December. This will be our first trip.

2 questions; On average, how much do you find yourself spending in a week? I understand this is a "to each his own" question but if you were visiting for the first time and wanted to thoroughly enjoy yourself, what would the damage cost? We're drinkers, like to eat well, maybe an excursion in the works and like women.
Second question, how to go about finding a non-pro punta in POP? I realize they're pros in Sosua to some extent but were not looking for hardcore puntas. Is talking to them over the internet prior to visit the best way? Maybe visit the local University in hope to find a chica to hangout with?

Thanks Fellas!!

SrSuerte
10-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Hello,

First off, I'd like to say thank you to everyone for this wealth of knowledge shared on this great forum. It sure is appreciated.

My wing man and I are booked for December. This will be our first trip.

2 questions; On average, how much do you find yourself spending in a week? I understand this is a "to each his own" question but if you were visiting for the first time and wanted to thoroughly enjoy yourself, what would the damage cost? We're drinkers, like to eat well, maybe an excursion in the works and like women.
Second question, how to go about finding a non-pro punta in POP? I realize they're pros in Sosua to some extent but were not looking for hardcore puntas. Is talking to them over the internet prior to visit the best way? Maybe visit the local University in hope to find a chica to hangout with?

Thanks Fellas!!

Welcome to ISOC. Reading the information on here is very exciting and overwhelming. I used the search function almost everyday before I took my first trip, but I still asked some questions. Some people put themselves on a very low budget. I had to calcuate how much I could get for the american dollar, and then I looked for the average cost of a chica outside of established areas. I then looked for the threads that talked about food, because I like to eat good too. The third element was to search on here to hear what kind of hotels the vets liked. If you want to get entertainment from establisments like La Passions there is a menu on this site. You can find it by using the search menu. I spent $100 to 150 on entertainment a day $50 dollars a day for food, $x.xx on beer, and $70 a day on hotel.( you can find cheaper) I would throw that budget away in a minute if it got in the way of having fun. I spent less in some areas and more in some areas on my second trip. It is going to take some homework for you to figure this out. Read More and get your calculator out. That is how I did it. Enjoy. If you can get to a trip report read up on threads by Weyland about non/semi puta action. I'll throw you one bone(Any nice size Supermarket!)

weyland
10-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Hello,

On average, how much do you find yourself spending in a week?
Reckon on US$200 per day including your hotel costs or US$150 per day if your hotel is prepaid. But there are those who have a good time on half this amount and those that reckon they have to spend double this to enjoy themselves.

There is a mass of information (or should I say mostly opinion) here on this issue, but I admit it is scattered around various threads. I am no expert but if I start the ball rolling other guys will jump in to contradict me so you will get some response.

Not sure what you mean by "punta". "Puta" means "whore" so there is on the face of it no such thing as a "non-pro puta". However all whores are not the same. For example, my regular chica worked in a bar. Occasionally she would leave the bar ("salida") with guys for sex for money. This is how I met her. I have no problem with someone calling her a "puta" but at the same time she is a mile away from most of the girls you see plying their trade in Sosúa, otherwise I wouldn't be with her. She is a sweet and hard-working girl who is is not reckless with my money.

Girls like her are relatively easy to meet and befriend here in Puerto Plata and other towns, but somewhat harder to do so in Sosúa because of that town's hardcore reputation.

Now to get into a genuine non-puta's knickers is difficult unless you are here for a sustained stay and can court her gradually. Nice girls don't go with gringos unless and until you can win their confidence and, more important, the confidence of their families.

Any of the following will improve your chances:
You are young
You are good-looking
You speak Spanish
You can afford to spend a lot of money
You can dance bachata, merengue, salsa or reggaeton well
You drive a car

Even if you are successful in securing a non-puta as a girlfriend be aware that:
1) It will work out more expensive than paying hookers
2) She may well turn out to be a puta anyway, just playing the "long game".

As this is your first trip (and assuming you are coming for two weeks or less), I strongly suggest you just enjoy yourselves by paying for sex and get a feel for the country. You will surely want to come back and on some later trip you can worry about finding a non-puta girlfriend. Otherwise you might spend the best part of your two weeks (or whatever) chasing moonbeams and going home without enjoying what this country does best - cheap toto.

JD426
10-22-2009, 01:40 PM
$200/ day and you should be able to thoroughly enjoy yourself and not even worry about any budget . Just make sure you always try to get the best exchange rate(shop around) and NEVER overpay for the girls.
If you know you're gonna drink , pick up some beers or whatever at the store rather than paying 100DP for every beer at the bars, cause that adds up, and dont pay 500 pesos for a meal when you know you can get the same meal or even better for 200-250 pesos down the street where there is a special. I like to WALK AROUND, before I sit down to eat.This way you can plan out your meals, even a day in advance.
No matter how you cut it, Sosua is a lot cheaper than LaCapital where you can easily spend $300+ per day.

mikelodge
10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
$200/ day and you should be able to thoroughly enjoy yourself and not even worry about any budget . Just make sure you always try to get the best exchange rate(shop around) and NEVER overpay for the girls.
If you know you're gonna drink , pick up some beers or whatever at the store rather than paying 100DP for every beer at the bars, cause that adds up, and dont pay 500 pesos for a meal when you know you can get the same meal or even better for 200-250 pesos down the street where there is a special. I like to WALK AROUND, before I sit down to eat.This way you can plan out your meals, even a day in advance.
No matter how you cut it, Sosua is a lot cheaper than LaCapital where you can easily spend $300+ per day.

I agree with JD always walk around and shop prices even though you may not be looking for the cheapest price. I like to see which places are busy and have reasonable prices and avoid the empty ones. Even if you stop for a quick beer take a look at the plates as you walk by and see how it looks to YOU. Aside from hotel, rental car if you like to me mobile, and of course the flight I think you have figured it our pretty good yourself. You mentioned you are drinkers so you know that means to get some enjoyment on your vacation with out pinching pennies that will mean $50 each per day. Which If you like to hit it early and stay out late as was mentioned at 100 RD a beer or about 3 bucks a fifty won't last long so hitting a C-Store for one while walking and having some in the room to knock a couple back before you go out or while changing from day clothes to night will help cut it down. $50 a day each for food should also cover some small miscellaneous things like a cigar or gum ect. I would think you would want a minimum of $100 for sex per day figuring say one day a BBBJ and a TLN and some days two ST's or whatever. Have fun

SeaWeed
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
of course you can got the elcheapo route to for us older guys.........I can't bang three or more Chicas in one day.....maybe two.........but averaged one........lol

I paid $700 for my airfare, room, food, beer and drinks at Casa Marina for twelve days........
then I averaged about $10 a day for beer outside of the resort mostly at EFlow and Latino's(always made sure I had beers for the road from Casa Marina before I headed out)....... and 300 pesos at the Calypso a day and averaged around $30 a day for one sesion with a chica............so for $50US pocket change a day I had a blast not including the Casa Marina expense package......and when I wasn't at Calypso, I was getting a massage.......never heard of paying $15 for an hour massage, but I did massages quite a few times.........I thought for sure I be hitting the ATM but never had too..........came home with a hundred bucks that I should have spent on some more Chicas!

Jimbo44
10-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Besides the 62.00 hotel rate i spend at the new section of NG, it is 50 in the old, I avg no more than 60.00 on chicas a day, and even if i have 2 chicas , about the same, cause I get one for 500 pesos and some chap gifts I bring , then another at night for 1500 pesos. I guess spend about 15.00 in drinks at the bars, and mostly beers, cause I always have my trusty flask filled with the best scotch that i bring from home every night. Food is probably another 20 at most a day for me, if that. I make sure I get up for breakfast, then usually only need 1 more meal around 5-7pm.
I keep my fridge stocked with juice yogurt, energy drinks and plenty of water. I keep some snacks around in case i get the munchies after I bring a chica home. So a hundred a day is about all i need not counting the hotel room.

mikelodge
10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Besides the 62.00 hotel rate i spend at the new section of NG, it is 50 in the old, I avg no more than 60.00 on chicas a day, and even if i have 2 chicas , about the same, cause I get one for 500 pesos and some chap gifts I bring , then another at night for 1500 pesos. I guess spend about 15.00 in drinks at the bars, and mostly beers, cause I always have my trusty flask filled with the best scotch that i bring from home every night. Food is probably another 20 at most a day for me, if that. I make sure I get up for breakfast, then usually only need 1 more meal around 5-7pm.
I keep my fridge stocked with juice yogurt, energy drinks and plenty of water. I keep some snacks around in case i get the munchies after I bring a chica home. So a hundred a day is about all i need not counting the hotel room.

Jimbo Deja Vu --- I had forgotten about the flasks. I recall the posts about that back in the spring when some of us talked about it. I think the consensus was that it was all good as long as nobody was stupid and tried to bring one in a bar winding up tossed in a dumpster. I have a nice silver Harley flask as well I like to take on bike rides with some high test Tequila or Vodka. I just packed and forgot all about it. My only problem is liking to travel fast without checking luggage I would have to bring it empty. Did you buy some real good scotch there or bring it down.

SeaWeed
10-22-2009, 07:36 PM
I like the idea about the flask Jimbo!

hundred a day is all this guy would ever need too.......spending anymore and the Chicas would probably kill me......but what a way to go........lol

eastcoastallstar
10-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Damn good info Viejo.

Reckon on US$200 per day including your hotel costs or US$150 per day if your hotel is prepaid. But there are those who have a good time on half this amount and those that reckon they have to spend double this to enjoy themselves.

There is a mass of information (or should I say mostly opinion) here on this issue, but I admit it is scattered around various threads. I am no expert but if I start the ball rolling other guys will jump in to contradict me so you will get some response.

Not sure what you mean by "punta". "Puta" means "whore" so there is on the face of it no such thing as a "non-pro puta". However all whores are not the same. For example, my regular chica worked in a bar. Occasionally she would leave the bar ("salida") with guys for sex for money. This is how I met her. I have no problem with someone calling her a "puta" but at the same time she is a mile away from most of the girls you see plying their trade in Sosúa, otherwise I wouldn't be with her. She is a sweet and hard-working girl who is is not reckless with my money.

Girls like her are relatively easy to meet and befriend here in Puerto Plata and other towns, but somewhat harder to do so in Sosúa because of that town's hardcore reputation.

Now to get into a genuine non-puta's knickers is difficult unless you are here for a sustained stay and can court her gradually. Nice girls don't go with gringos unless and until you can win their confidence and, more important, the confidence of their families.

Any of the following will improve your chances:
You are young
You are good-looking
You speak Spanish
You can afford to spend a lot of money
You can dance bachata, merengue, salsa or reggaeton well
You drive a car

Even if you are successful in securing a non-puta as a girlfriend be aware that:
1) It will work out more expensive than paying hookers
2) She may well turn out to be a puta anyway, just playing the "long game".

As this is your first trip (and assuming you are coming for two weeks or less), I strongly suggest you just enjoy yourselves by paying for sex and get a feel for the country. You will surely want to come back and on some later trip you can worry about finding a non-puta girlfriend. Otherwise you might spend the best part of your two weeks (or whatever) chasing moonbeams and going home without enjoying what this country does best - cheap toto.

ElPlomero
10-23-2009, 11:35 PM
The fact is that it depends on a shitload of things.

The most important ones are:

Do you drink a lot? If so, do you drink just beer, or do you do shots?

Do you intend on keeping the girls all night or doing short time excursions?

What's your sex drive like? Some guys do one a day, while others do 3 a day.

If you are doing TLN's (all nighters) with the girls, are you going to feed them?

Will you be negotiating heavily with the girls or will you just pay what's typical?
(or worse, what they ask for)

Personally, I spend about $3,000 in 10 days and I don't drink.

I do TLN's and usually take the girls out to eat for company.

I would usually do an afternooner and a TLN each 24 hour period.

I can speak enough Spanish to have conversations with non-English speakers.

I don't try to negotiate the last peso out of a deal, but won't pay over the average either. I can send a girl on her way, if she tries to overcharge me.

Roy
12-30-2009, 10:37 AM
The fact is that it depends on a shitload of things.

The most important ones are:

Do you drink a lot? If so, do you drink just beer, or do you do shots?

Do you intend on keeping the girls all night or doing short time excursions?

What's your sex drive like? Some guys do one a day, while others do 3 a day.

If you are doing TLN's (all nighters) with the girls, are you going to feed them?

Will you be negotiating heavily with the girls or will you just pay what's typical?
(or worse, what they ask for)

Personally, I spend about $3,000 in 10 days and I don't drink.

I do TLN's and usually take the girls out to eat for company.

I would usually do an afternooner and a TLN each 24 hour period.

I can speak enough Spanish to have conversations with non-English speakers.

I don't try to negotiate the last peso out of a deal, but won't pay over the average either. I can send a girl on her way, if she tries to overcharge me.

I am a "bottom feeder" and negotiate 500 - 1000 peso daily sessions, and never pay more than 1500 for an evening. If they decide to stay, it's on their time and their dime, and I make that clear.

I eat at Bailey's and a couple of other places (alone or with wingmen) for 100 - 125 pesos, a couple of times a day, buy a bunch of beer at the Playero and keep in the fridge, slow sip beers on the strip.

With room ($35 a night) I spend $125 a day. It, IMO is impossible to get it lower than that. The last few "un-wifed up trips", I crept up on $150 a day, but I was being too nice to the ladies.

gdogg
12-30-2009, 01:19 PM
I am a "bottom feeder" and negotiate 500 - 1000 peso daily sessions, and never pay more than 1500 for an evening. If they decide to stay, it's on their time and their dime, and I make that clear.

I eat at Bailey's and a couple of other places (alone or with wingmen) for 100 - 125 pesos, a couple of times a day, buy a bunch of beer at the Playero and keep in the fridge, slow sip beers on the strip.

With room ($35 a night) I spend $125 a day. It, IMO is impossible to get it lower than that. The last few "un-wifed up trips", I crept up on $150 a day, but I was being too nice to the ladies.

Don't say "bottom feeder", say charming or suave! Tu no es tacano...
:wink:

swiggy
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM

this is true 5 or 6 years ago $150 a day and i was living like a king, drinking all day and 2 or 3 sessions with the chicas. now i spend $200 on average and i drink less most of the time . chicas havent gone up that much but food and beer has more than doubled. beer used to be a dollar almost anywhere now its at least 70-80 pesos except for el flow. breakfast was 3 dollars and for 5 dollars you were stuffed. things have changed a lot.

Pepp-1
12-31-2009, 01:32 AM
Great info!!! will come in handy for my first trip.

ralphie1
12-31-2009, 07:30 AM
always bring more than you budgeted. it is not a sin to take money home with you. i dont think it is a sin, well...maybe

SrSuerte
12-31-2009, 08:46 AM
The place next door to Passions has pretty cheap drinks. I believe it is two Cuba Libres for 100 pesos and the beers are as cheap as El Flow. The skinny girl with the glasses is educated too. Non Puta. She is from Sosua but lives in Puerto Plata because of the image of the town. She said it is not her style.

this is true 5 or 6 years ago $150 a day and i was living like a king, drinking all day and 2 or 3 sessions with the chicas. now i spend $200 on average and i drink less most of the time . chicas havent gone up that much but food and beer has more than doubled. beer used to be a dollar almost anywhere now its at least 70-80 pesos except for el flow. breakfast was 3 dollars and for 5 dollars you were stuffed. things have changed a lot.

swiggy
12-31-2009, 10:32 AM
The place next door to Passions has pretty cheap drinks. I believe it is two Cuba Libres for 100 pesos and the beers are as cheap as El Flow. The skinny girl with the glasses is educated too. Non Puta. She is from Sosua but lives in Puerto Plata because of the image of the town. She said it is not her style.

im sure there are a few places that the prices are equal to el flow but its not my style to seek out a place to hang because the beer is 10 pesos cheaper. That said ive been there 3 times in the last 3 months and did check out a lot of places i never went before. Once in a while you end up meeting an interesting chica. One thing i love about sosua, when you walk into a place you never know whats gonna happen. just keep a smile on your face and a dont let anything bother you and you will have a great time.

Sounds to me that the skinny chica with the glasses likes you, she made a point to let you know she doesnt live there and why.

Jimmydr
01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
How about a trip report?

Jimbo44
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes, how about it, and one with pics??? And to comment on Mikelodge ? about the flask.... no I have never had them hit my flask on the quick pat down, they really do not pat the Gringos down as much as th e local guys. And if so, I would just head on back to NG and dump it off. The chicas are not used to good scotch anyway, and if u let them take a few swigs, watch out!!

jdb1393
01-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I know I said we were booked up for December, things didn't go down like planned.. Sosua plans have been pushed back to April-May. I may even make the trip solo. Wingman has 3 weeks vacation and questioning spending 2 of them in a country were communication (spanish) will be a problem. I told him he's a pussy and an asshole for making me go at this alone. Whatever, it won't keep me from having a great time!

I need to create a paypal account so I can have access to the good info and those lovely pics. Doing all this research is entertaining. It's because of you guys, I won't be a complete sucker on my first trip to paradise. If I get burned, I'll chalk it up as a learning experience...but I'll be damned if it happens again.

Anyone have a friend with a car, who does day trips to show us around and take us off the beaten path to see the real DR. A reasonable fare would be appreciated.

I will defidently take the time to write a trip report. That's the least I can do after obtaining all this knowledge from you guys. Thanks for the flask idea Jimbo. With the money saved, I'll have the $$ for a couple TLN.

RickRock
01-13-2010, 03:28 PM
call my friend Jose he speaks english and spanish perfect he will pickup you up at the airport and take you any where you want. he knows a lot of hot girls and he only looks to get paid for his service ..jose 829-540-4280

jdb1393
01-13-2010, 03:33 PM
7 mins after I asked and I've already got an answer. What a website. Thanks Joe!

sicpup71
01-13-2010, 03:36 PM
if you can make it down march 3-10 I'll help u out plus you will me a bunch of isoc guys.

I know I said we were booked up for December, things didn't go down like planned.. Sosua plans have been pushed back to April-May. I may even make the trip solo. Wingman has 3 weeks vacation and questioning spending 2 of them in a country were communication (spanish) will be a problem. I told him he's a pussy and an asshole for making me go at this alone. Whatever, it won't keep me from having a great time!

I need to create a paypal account so I can have access to the good info and those lovely pics. Doing all this research is entertaining. It's because of you guys, I won't be a complete sucker on my first trip to paradise. If I get burned, I'll chalk it up as a learning experience...but I'll be damned if it happens again.

Anyone have a friend with a car, who does day trips to show us around and take us off the beaten path to see the real DR. A reasonable fare would be appreciated.

I will defidently take the time to write a trip report. That's the least I can do after obtaining all this knowledge from you guys. Thanks for the flask idea Jimbo. With the money saved, I'll have the $$ for a couple TLN.