PDA

View Full Version : Need hep to translate something

theman
10-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I need to have a shirt made b4 my January third trip to Sosua , I wanna write on a tshirt * You look good but I do too, so no way I'm paying more then 1000 pesos* I tried to translate on google, that what it says *
Te ves bien, pero yo también, así que de ninguna manera estoy pagando más de 1000 pesos* Is that good or there's a better way to say it?

mikelodge
10-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I need to have a shirt made b4 my January third trip to Sosua , I wanna write on a tshirt * You look good but I do too, so no way I'm paying more then 1000 pesos* I tried to translate on google, that what it says *
Te ves bien, pero yo también, así que de ninguna manera estoy pagando más de 1000 pesos* Is that good or there's a better way to say it?

I don't speak Spanish but you may want to rethink your wording to get the same point across maybe something like this--

tu caliente- me caliente ( add picture of fire or devil with pitchfork)
1000 Pesos No Mas ( you could add picture of 1000 peso Note)

You might get more laughs then them having to do all the reading and not noticing it as much. Laughter is a start in my world. :iconTU:

runmemphis
10-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Thats FUNNY:iconTU::iconTU:.... let me know if you do it, how it works out!

Trib
10-23-2009, 11:10 AM

That is priceless. looks ok but I translate literal and formal so maybe some one can post a "cooler" way to say it

DCIronman
10-23-2009, 11:51 AM
I'd keep it simple, and not so literal. Something like, "Tu estas buenissima, pero estoy tambien. Entonces, yo te pago un mil pesos. No mas."

That should do the trick, more or less.

theman
10-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Thx all for the ideas, I'll work on something :mrgreen:

JD426
10-23-2009, 12:11 PM
You need to bring a film crew to follow you around town.
The old putas will be clawing at you cause they will take it as a compliment. :rofl:

someone tell me where else on earth besides Sosua could you wear a shirt like that , and get away with it.
LOL
too funny.

mikelodge
10-23-2009, 12:16 PM
You need to bring a film crew to follow you around town.
The old putas will be clawing at you cause they will take it as a compliment. :rofl:

someone tell me where else on earth besides Sosua could you wear a shirt like that , and get away with it.
LOL
too funny.

That's hilarious, The old putas will claw at you.:rofl: Like those ones in the doorways in San Jose when you are trying to walk past. I forgot to pack my Cabelas Body Armor.

weyland
10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd keep it simple, and not so literal. Something like, "Tu estas buenissima, pero estoy tambien. Entonces, yo te pago un mil pesos. No mas."
Listen to the Ironman. Using an online translator for anything other than getting the rough gist of something rarely works and you will just get blank looks, while those with enough Spanish and English to understand what you are trying to say will think you are a prat.

For example "tu ves" means "to look" in the sense of "to see" or to perceive" and not what you want to say, "to appear", so it would be totally incomprehensible.

Anyway the best T-shirt slogans are always the shortest.

Dick Dawson
10-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Just put "1000 Pesos No Mas" Straight to the point.

gdogg
10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the point.

Gladiator
10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Just put "1000 Pesos No Mas" Straight to the point.

I'd go with this suggestion, it's simple and it makes the point.

If you want something a bit more flashy, the t-shirt could show:

Me gustas pero...

(then a 1,000 pesos picture)

1000 Pesos No Mas

theman
10-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm still trying to figure out the point.

The point? Just having fun my friend.

Maretti
10-23-2009, 04:48 PM
I don't know if I'd word it like that, because your intended target (the putas) are not that sophisticated, the use of the local slang would be more appropiated, but I have to say that the translation is very accurate.

Maretti
10-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Listen to the Ironman. Using an online translator for anything other than getting the rough gist of something rarely works and you will just get blank looks, while those with enough Spanish and English to understand what you are trying to say will think you are a prat.

For example "tu ves" means "to look" in the sense of "to see" or to perceive" and to not what you want to say, "to appear", so it would be totally incomprehensible.

Anyway the best T-shirt slogans are always the shortest.
Weyland, I'm sorry I have to correct you, but in this case, "te ves" (you look) is right. Maybe you're confused by the use of "tu" and "te". "Tu ves" (you see) and "te ves" (you look) are two very different things in Spanish. In the first case, she's doing the action, in the second one, she's the receptor of the action. Does it make sense?

To look = mirar
To see = ver
To appear = aparecer (to turn up, to be found), presentarse (to show up).

eastcoastallstar
10-23-2009, 05:24 PM

That's just stupid.

eastcoastallstar
10-23-2009, 05:25 PM
You should get this on the T Shirt

" Yo soy Estupido "

Elvis
10-23-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd go with this suggestion, it's simple and it makes the point.

If you want something a bit more flashy, the t-shirt could show:

Me gustas pero...

(then a 1,000 pesos picture)

1000 Pesos No Mas

That idea is fucking A, a 1000 peso pic.. hahaha

But how about

'Tas buena mami !!

(then a 1,000 peso pic)

Nada Mas !!

Elvis
10-23-2009, 06:04 PM
You should get this on the T Shirt

" Yo soy Estupido "

That would be I'm stupid !! :D

Elvis
10-23-2009, 06:09 PM

Too much wording !!

'Tas (slang for Estas/You're) buena (hot) mami (don't need to include it) ! 1000 pesos, nada mas !

I have other ideas too

eastcoastallstar
10-23-2009, 06:40 PM
That would be I'm stupid !! :D

Exactly!

jensenspecial
10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
that's the best one so far !!!

That idea is fucking A, a 1000 peso pic.. hahaha

But how about

'Tas buena mami !!

(then a 1,000 peso pic)

Nada Mas !!

eldorob
10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Chica's like T-shirts with Cute sayings too....

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68164748a8cc16819.jpg

eldorob
10-23-2009, 09:03 PM
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68164748a8cef14cb.jpg

SeaWeed
10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
great thread!

ElPlomero
10-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Hate to be the kill joy here, but if memory serves... you may not get what you're looking for if you're only paying 1000 pesos.

1500 pesos, yes, but 1000 ?

That particular shirt may serve to be counter productive in that it might scare away all the girls you might actually want to spend time with.

Good luck with it, though.

MrHappy
10-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Too much wording !!

'Tas (slang for Estas/You're) buena (hot) mami (don't need to include it) ! 1000 pesos, nada mas !

I have other ideas too

~ S I G H ~

All of you are close, but no cigar..

Mil peso, ma' na'

theman
10-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Hate to be the kill joy here, but if memory serves... you may not get what you're looking for if you're only paying 1000 pesos.

1500 pesos, yes, but 1000 ?

That particular shirt may serve to be counter productive in that it might scare away all the girls you might actually want to spend time with.

Good luck with it, though.

I had all I wanted for 1000 pesos on my last trip, once I paid 1500 because I was in a rush and had no time to negociate, I'm talking about short fuck here not TLN.

theman
10-24-2009, 08:50 AM
That's just stupid.

In that case, just ignore the thread.

SrSuerte
10-24-2009, 02:30 PM
:rofl::rofl:
In that case, just ignore the thread.:rofl::rofl:

I'm in the thread and I can't get out!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

eldorob
10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I would not do the t-shirt thing. There are other ways to get that same message across.

Learn the "finger wag" for getting rid of unwanted advances
Don't let them see you looking at them till you're ready to negotiate - (or they'll jump in your lap)
Learn to act like you've been there many times - they negotiate less with a regular

Dress nice but not flashy - low key is what you want in dress and speech.
Guys will come down with buds and talk loud, act like clowns and be having a great time - NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, HAVING FUN IS WHAT IT;S ALL ABOUT - but I think sometimes that hurts their starting Price-point for negotiating with a chica as they can appear like "kids in a candy shop for the first time". Just my opinion.

These chicas are sizing you up from the minute the see you. And some are very good at what they do.

A chica can size up one guy and be determined to get 2000 st cause he appears to be a noob. But another gringo who she recoginizes as a regular and understands he probably knows the ropes/scams/etc might get the same chica for 1000rd. I've seen it happen first hand.

theman
10-25-2009, 04:22 PM
I would not do the t-shirt thing. There are other ways to get that same message across.

Learn the "finger wag" for getting rid of unwanted advances
Don't let them see you looking at them till you're ready to negotiate - (or they'll jump in your lap)
Learn to act like you've been there many times - they negotiate less with a regular

Dress nice but not flashy - low key is what you want in dress and speech.
Guys will come down with buds and talk loud, act like clowns and be having a great time - NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT, HAVING FUN IS WHAT IT;S ALL ABOUT - but I think sometimes that hurts their starting Price-point for negotiating with a chica as they can appear like "kids in a candy shop for the first time". Just my opinion.

These chicas are sizing you up from the minute the see you. And some are very good at what they do.

A chica can size up one guy and be determined to get 2000 st cause he appears to be a noob. But another gringo who she recoginizes as a regular and understands he probably knows the ropes/scams/etc might get the same chica for 1000rd. I've seen it happen first hand.

I dont want to get the tshirt done to pass a message, it's just for fun, trust me after 2 days they all know I'm not paying more then 1000 pesos lol, girl in Sosua pass the message very fast, they already your in town b4 checking in your hotel lol

JD426
10-25-2009, 06:22 PM
The only problem I see is if u meet a really hot chica and you DO pay her say 1,500 ST, then the chicas will get the last laugh and they won't forget it either. You will then be forever known as the Tshirt guy who can't count his pesos. lol

for ME negotiating the price should always be very subtle, Im not buying a car at a Live Auction.
So if I get too much resistance then I bail anyway as I know she will be trouble, and I absol despise drama queens.
I once bailed on a chica in SD, and she was stunned, esp since she came down to MY price. She was super hot, but her negotiation strategy and change in personality with a Loud voice completely turned me off, and I walked away.

Gladiator
10-25-2009, 07:13 PM
So if I get too much resistance then I bail anyway as I know she will be trouble, and I absol despise drama queens.

I agree, the purpose of negotiating isn't just getting the right price, but also testing their attitude.

theman
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
The only problem I see is if u meet a really hot chica and you DO pay her say 1,500 ST, then the chicas will get the last laugh and they won't forget it either. You will then be forever known as the Tshirt guy who can't count his pesos. lol

for ME negotiating the price should always be very subtle, Im not buying a car at a Live Auction.
I once bailed on a chica in SD, and she was stunned, esp since she came down to MY price. She was super hot, but her negotiation strategy and change in personality with a Loud voice completely turned me off, and I walked away.

I know bro, trust me I love to negociate with them, that tshirt would only be for 1 night, see the reaction of the girls, and if a chica's worth 1500, I'll go, money aint a problem, I just like to pay the right price, never over pay if it's not worth it.

Then I'll use another tshirt instead * If your looking for WU guy, it aint me *

gdogg
10-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Enough already!