PDA

View Full Version : Kenny G to perform in Dominican Republic

gmalet
10-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Santo Domingo.– World-renowned saxophonist Kenny G will bring his Rhythm & Romance show to the Altos de Chavon amphitheater in La Romana Sunday, 8 November.

Kenny G's most recent album, Rhythm & Romance, is a decidedly daring record for a saxophonist who's never been considered musically adventurous. Inspired by his love of Stan Getz's early bossa nova albums, the disc is a milestone in many ways.

It's his first record nominated for a Latin Grammy Award, in the best instrumental album and best engineered recording categories; it's his first project mixed at his home studio; and it's his first album after leaving Arista Records, his label home since debuting in 1982 with Kenny G.

The Grammy award-winning artist's show not only gives the audience a chance to hear his more familiar tunes live but Kenny G also strives to include a little bit of the unexpected in every performance.

Tickets are VIP RD$3,500, while general admission is RD$1,800.

Hemp
10-24-2009, 02:51 PM
That could be pretty cool....hopefully one of our onsite ambassadors yayow or ericks could go and come back with pics and report! do you have an official link?

gdogg
10-24-2009, 05:50 PM
No official link, but heres some updated info:

Following up on our coverage of this upcoming concert at Altos de Chavon, we have found that the concert is indeed official and the date is going to be Sunday November 8th and not Saturday November 7th, as previously reported. We also obtained ticket prices! Which we detail below.

VIP – RD$3,500 – US$110.00
General Admission – RD$1,800.00 – US$50.00
Special Guest – Sold only through SD Concerts (809-732-9298)

Tickets will go on sale soon through UEPA tickets in Santo Domingo and Santiago. (809-200-3802 / 809-620-8372). As always tickets in La Romana will be available at Casa de Campo

blacksultan
10-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't fuck with his music. He sucks in my opinion. Enjoy yourself.

gdogg
10-24-2009, 11:04 PM
He does blow chunks, but I'm here to help all and I don't discriminate!

MrHappy
10-25-2009, 08:40 AM
110 bucks to see Kenny G? Ain't happening in my lifetime.

PapiQueRico
10-25-2009, 10:43 AM
110 bucks to see Kenny G? Ain't happening in my lifetime.

If I want to hear Kenny G I'll just ride the elevator or sit in a dentists office :p

trEPP33
10-25-2009, 05:16 PM
I like his music and hopefully will attend. It's now on my calendar for the 8th. Thanks for the info.

yayow
10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
You know I like Kenny G. He makes good music to fuck by. I think I may try and check him out on the 8th. I have never been to La Romana, although I have planned on getting there, this may just be the opp. I have been waiting for; the only questions may be do I do it alone or for the first time do I take a chica with me for the night or maybe two nights. Should I reserve a hotel prior to going or just wing it and get one once I get there?

As far as the first question me think I should go alone and see what I can find. Even if I don't pick something up at the concert, I can always find something in a club, or simply pay for it.

As far as the second, me think (spending too much time reading
Rocko's threads:rofl:) probably should reserve a spot prior to going.

gdogg
10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
There ya go. Talk to yourself long enough you'll find the answer!

Hemp
10-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Really wish i could make it....KG is a great artist!!! Yayow if you go, please report back to us and tell us how it was!

My mother used to always tell me when i was younger keep a Kenny G playlist around...ladies love him!!!

gdogg
10-26-2009, 02:16 PM
That is true. Every girl I knew back in the day were INSANE about KG! I remember he came to town at the height of his popularity, and chicas were swooning more than when Luther came through.

blacksultan
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
There is much better "jazz" music to bang some pussy to.

gdogg
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
"Bitches Brew"

blacksultan
10-26-2009, 04:18 PM
"Bitches Brew"

Great album to burn one to as well. From beginning to end. A masterpiece that can never be duplicated. If it wasn't for that album, jazz fusion and smooth jazz would not have become as popular as they have become. Miles Davis was the man.

yayow
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Miles Davis is Miles Davis enough said.

As far as taste of music, everybody has their favorites, I ain't mad at you, to each his own.

I try and appreciate all types of music, but if you are banging some pussy, whatever is playing in the background is cool with me.