PDA

View Full Version : Dominican company gets Krispy Kreme doughnuts franchise

gmalet
10-25-2009, 06:24 AM
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (PRNewswire).- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation announced today that it has entered into a franchise development agreement with Dominspec, S.A. for the development of 14 Krispy Kreme shops over the next five years in the Dominican Republic.

Dominspec, S.A. is a quick service restaurant (QSR) conglomerate that operates Burger King and Papa John's restaurants in the Dominican Republic.

"Having an experienced and successful franchise partner like Dominspec, S.A. introduce Krispy Kreme in the Dominican Republic is a great opportunity for Krispy Kreme," said Jeff Welch, Krispy Kreme President, International.

"Dominspec, S.A. has significant QSR experience and we look forward to working with them to share the one-of-a-kind Krispy Kreme experience with consumers there," he said.

prtyr2
10-26-2009, 12:49 AM
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (PRNewswire).- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation announced today that it has entered into a franchise development agreement with Dominspec, S.A. for the development of 14 Krispy Kreme shops over the next five years in the Dominican Republic.

Dominspec, S.A. is a quick service restaurant (QSR) conglomerate that operates Burger King and Papa John's restaurants in the Dominican Republic.

"Having an experienced and successful franchise partner like Dominspec, S.A. introduce Krispy Kreme in the Dominican Republic is a great opportunity for Krispy Kreme," said Jeff Welch, Krispy Kreme President, International.

"Dominspec, S.A. has significant QSR experience and we look forward to working with them to share the one-of-a-kind Krispy Kreme experience with consumers there," he said.

Damn. . . . .there goes my diet! 4 krispy kremes and a mountain dew and I can party all night;-)

gdogg
10-26-2009, 01:26 AM
There's nothing keeping me stateside now. Time to pack up the farm!

prtyr2
10-26-2009, 07:56 AM
There's nothing keeping me stateside now. Time to pack up the farm!

Let's see:

Pricesmart
IKEA
Wendys
Mcdonalds
Burger King
KFC
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Taco Bell
Papa Johns
TGI Fridays
Hard Rock Cafe
Tony Romas
Outback
Sbarro
Hooters
Krispy Kreme

What is next?

DQ?
Sonic?
White Castle?
Nathans?
Chilis?
Cheesecake Factory?
Red Lobster?
Starbucks?
Fogo De Chao?

OK I am dreaming with the last one. . . .

SeaWeed
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
guess mi gotta push da button and get down to the DR for some donuts eh......lol

that company went down as fast it rised.......guess dem branching out to build the business.........

didn't know donuts were dat popular in the DR?

osanhopps
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Let's see:

Pricesmart
IKEA
Wendys
Mcdonalds
Burger King
KFC
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Taco Bell
Papa Johns
TGI Fridays
Hard Rock Cafe
Tony Romas
Outback
Sbarro
Hooters
Krispy Kreme

What is next?

DQ?
Sonic?
White Castle?
Nathans?
Chilis?
Cheesecake Factory?
Red Lobster?
Starbucks?
Fogo De Chao?

Give me White Castle & Nathans. And I will become a permanent resident!:corky:

Hemp
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
nice! those Donuts have to have a lil coke in them!!!!! so addictive!!!! i drive past the hot light and start getting the shakes...lol

Summit
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Let's see:

Pricesmart
IKEA
Wendys
Mcdonalds
Burger King
KFC
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Taco Bell
Papa Johns
TGI Fridays
Hard Rock Cafe
Tony Romas
Outback
Sbarro
Hooters
Krispy Kreme

What is next?

DQ?
Sonic?
White Castle?
Nathans?
Chilis?
Cheesecake Factory?
Red Lobster?
Starbucks?
Fogo De Chao?

You Missed Cinnabon and soon Starbucks ( like a month away )

gdogg
10-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Fogo de Chao!! That would be funny. Then again...stranger things have happened.

rushdog34
10-26-2009, 05:18 PM
lol.. i feel like its my duty to get one when the light is on...(or maybe a dozen)

nice! those Donuts have to have a lil coke in them!!!!! so addictive!!!! i drive past the hot light and start getting the shakes...lol

Summit
10-26-2009, 06:16 PM
What we need down here is a Walmart and a CostCo we would be set

Jimmydr
10-26-2009, 06:17 PM

They have something like Costco already.

gmalet
10-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah its called Tienda Jimenez.

prtyr2
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Pricemart is similar to costco but a walmart would rock. There is walmart in Brazil and Argentina so not very far fetched.

MrHappy
10-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Let's see:

Pricesmart
IKEA
Wendys
Mcdonalds
Burger King
KFC
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Taco Bell
Papa Johns
TGI Fridays
Hard Rock Cafe
Tony Romas
Outback
Sbarro
Hooters
Krispy Kreme

What is next?

DQ?
Sonic?
White Castle?
Nathans?
Chilis?
Cheesecake Factory?
Red Lobster?
Starbucks?
Fogo De Chao?

Don't forget Quiznos....

MrHappy
10-27-2009, 06:48 AM
guess mi gotta push da button and get down to the DR for some donuts eh......lol

that company went down as fast it rised.......guess dem branching out to build the business.........

didn't know donuts were dat popular in the DR?

They're not. There are a couple of Dominican knock offs here already. I wouldn't say they do a booming business.

We used to have a Dunkin Donuts here,(where Wendy's is now) but they went out of business.

husl2001
10-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah its called Tienda Jimenez.

Also, don't forget La Sirena. Very similar, and better (but not great) pricing.

Blackarcher
10-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Damn, I used to work at KK Headquarters doing training, I should have kept that job, doughnuts and girls. Maybe it's not too late to go back.