PDA

View Full Version : What to expect when you meet ISOC guys, live

Jimbo44
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
This was the first time I met Big D b4 he opened up at the beach!!
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/685249b9d03e85091.jpg

Jimmydr
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Some say non chica pictures are a waste and others say they are more important. This tells me so much about the people you meet on boards and hang out while on vacation.

Jimbo44
10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
This was at Freds and Eric had informed me about it. This was the first night of my Feb trip earlier this yr.

Jimmydr
10-26-2009, 10:22 AM
This was at Freds and Eric had informed me about it. This was the first night of my Feb trip earlier this yr.

This picture sums it all up.:iconTU::iconTU:

Jimbo44
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Here is another...
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/68524ae5b168b2e32.jpg

Jimmydr
10-26-2009, 10:28 AM
So when a guy reads these boards and tries to figure out what will happen when he comes to a hotel with many other guys from the boards, he gets a positive answer.

yayow
10-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I tell you, as I have said the reason I am on this site, is the guys I met, in passing when I visited before I actually moved there. Although some will say it doesn't exist, I found there to be a special kinship, among the members that continues to exist to this day. It is nice when you go or visit a location far away from where you hail, and meet someone that shares something with you, or someone who you think you know a little about already just from what they have written over the INTERNET. Having said that someone's real life persona and INTERNET persona can be totally different.

I can honestly say the vast majority of the members I have had the pleasure of meeting face to face, I am very happy that I met them. They have added to my enjoyment being down here, especially when I first arrived, thus changing my life. It is something I used to say when I played golf, a lot on Long Island, most time I played with a group that I knew, but on occasion I would play with complete strangers, for 18 holes, you will be surprised what you can find out about a person over 18 holes, and one thing I always said, except for the very rare occasion, I never met someone on the golf course I didn't enjoy, part of it I am sure was the shared experience, same thing here.

So in answer to the question what to expect, I think you can expect to meet someone for the most part that is like minded, if they are someone who has posted often, you probably will already know if you will get along with him, based on what he has written and how he has responded to different topics. I have met a few guys like I said that I definitely consider to be my friends, and that goes for wherever I may have met them, it just so happened that we met in paradise!

Jimbo44
10-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I did not know you were an avid golfer. Golf is what got me thru college down in Tampa. I play to a 5-7 handicap today. If you show up during my Dec 2-10 trip bring your clubs. I am not bringing mine, but would sure like to hit the links over at PP.

MrHappy
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
I did not know you were an avid golfer. Golf is what got me thru college down in Tampa. I play to a 5-7 handicap today. If you show up during my Dec 2-10 trip bring your clubs. I am not bringing mine, but would sure like to hit the links over at PP.

I played golf for years. I have two trophies at home to prove it, both for highest score! (really)

Jimbo44
10-27-2009, 12:00 PM
In the Nassau County High School championship tounament held at Bethpage Black here on Long Island, I had a hole in one on the famous tough 17th par 3 hole. There was a stiff wind and i hit a 5 wood to the green. I was in Newsday also. This was in 1971

yayow
10-27-2009, 02:03 PM
You certainly could give me a lesson or two, as they say my handicap.....is .......my swing:p.

Seriously I have three sets of clubs and they are all in storage in Indianapolis, have lived here for more than two years and have never played down here, what a waste. I got to get at least two of my sets down here one of these days.