PDA

View Full Version : Pharmacy Available

bull334
10-28-2009, 10:42 PM
He Guys,
Thinking about going down to Sosua in a couple of weeks and would like to stay at New garden. First Im thinking about going solo, so is safe to go alone and navigate and etc.. Also Pharmacy issues, are they same as Costa Rica, such ed drugsm but also can you get Oxy Forte, which is basicall codi ne based drug. DO you need a rx or do $$ work.

Thanks

shredder
10-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Dollars work and you don't need a Rx. There is a good pharmacy next door to New Garden.

Going solo is VERY easy for a newbie when he stays at the New Garden Hotel. It is easy to walk to everything you need and there will be guys there to ask for advice. Also, Wilfried, the manager, will help you out and give good advice if you have any questions.

Beads
10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Tons of pharmacias all over the place and their prices do vary on some items. One thing I found amazing in the DR pharmacia is this vial of vitamins they sell. Its in a small contact lense type vial and only filled a little bit. Its like a clear sugary syrup of vitamins that works wonders on the gripe. Ask in the pharmacia for the vitamin mixture for the gripe. On the label it says its a mixture of A, B, C, D , and E in high dosages.

I felt a case of the gripe coming on and took 1 vial of this stuff and it was gone within 6 hours. Cost is 100 pesos for a vial. Bought it in 2 different pharmacias in Charamicos.

Jimbo44
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Gripe? Please explain......

sicpup71
10-29-2009, 11:24 AM

thanks i thought i was the only one who didn't know what he was talking about.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

sicpup71
10-29-2009, 11:27 AM

thanks i thought i was the only one who didn't know what he was talking about.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

i think he means gas.

Ram
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Gripe is spanish for flu..................h1n1?

Drjetman
10-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Grip down there is an illness with flu type symptoms. Some of the girls have it and you have to consider whether to go with them as you may end up catching it. I've heard also that it is the result of being run down.

WickedWillie
10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Gripe (pronounced Gree-Pay with the emphasis on the pay) basically is the flu but is used for anything from a sniffle or sore throat to full blown flu.

When you get the full blown version you really know about it, knocks the shit out of you and is far worse than anything I've experienced in the US, Asia or Europe.

Gripe is also used as an excuse for pretty much everything from not sending kids to school to chicas claiming they have it as they don't fancy your action or $$$. Strange huh??

SeaWeed
10-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Gripe (pronounced Gree-Pay with the emphasis on the pay) basically is the flu but is used for anything from a sniffle or sore throat to full blown flu.

Gripe is also used as an excuse for pretty much everything from not sending kids to school to chicas claiming they have it as they don't fancy your action or $$$. Strange huh??

not really........dem pull da exact same chit in Jamaica too.......

dem don't feel good......dem got da flu
dem don't want to give pussy........dem got da flu
she don't want to kiss you.........she got da flu
dem don't want to go to school......dem got da flu
dem can't work.......dem got da flu
dem can't party with you.......dem got da flu
you really do get tired of hearing the same excuse.......dat flu thingy.....lol

flu flu flu flu flu flu.........lol

SrSuerte
10-30-2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah Gripe is the flu/flu like simptoms. Tos is cough. Dolor de la cabeza is headache. Tos is cough. For h1n1 I normally joke with them and say gripe de cerdo or gripe de chancho. They normally laughor strongly protest. Then I Laugh. Cerdo/choncho is pig. Choncho is also when someone passes gas, burps, dosen't clean up ext.

MrHappy
10-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Tons of pharmacias all over the place and their prices do vary on some items. One thing I found amazing in the DR pharmacia is this vial of vitamins they sell. Its in a small contact lense type vial and only filled a little bit. Its like a clear sugary syrup of vitamins that works wonders on the gripe. Ask in the pharmacia for the vitamin mixture for the gripe. On the label it says its a mixture of A, B, C, D , and E in high dosages.

I felt a case of the gripe coming on and took 1 vial of this stuff and it was gone within 6 hours. Cost is 100 pesos for a vial. Bought it in 2 different pharmacias in Charamicos.

Soladek is the name. Good for increasing your natural defenses. It's meant to be used as a preventative measure.

Most folks mix it with orange juice.

If you take one once a month, you have an excellent chance of never catching any of the "Bugs" that are constantly going around.

Ingus_Khan
10-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Remedies and medications once you have gripe aside, a major cause for spread of cold and flu is "hand to face contact". The best defence is washing your hands after contact. Unfortunately in the DR, there is a lot of hand shaking and kisses on the cheek that is customary but very few places to wash your hands when not near your hotel room. Hand sanitizer is probably effective but if people see you use it they probably would be offended.:mrgreen:

Beads
10-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Soladek is the name. Good for increasing your natural defenses. It's meant to be used as a preventative measure.

Most folks mix it with orange juice.

If you take one once a month, you have an excellent chance of never catching any of the "Bugs" that are constantly going around.

Thats it! and yes the gripe is used to describe cold or flu like symptons. This about how bad a summer cold can be. The gripe typically is a summer cold but can also be a bad case of the flu.

I dont think I had h1n1 as it only lasted about 6 hours so I would think either a mild cold or just run down. The Soladek worked wonders and yes it was mixed with orange juice. They need to sell that stuff in the US.

Beads
10-30-2009, 02:47 PM
just did a google search for Soladek on google and Medscape says its could have toxic levels of vitamin D?

Anyhow figure 1 was a photo and that is definitely it.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/588002_2

hughgrection
01-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Where can I get this near Casa Marina?

JD426
01-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Grippe is German for FLU or influenza. Very contagious. Not sure which one is worse, but i can tell you that the European Grippe will kick your ass. Im sure with so many Euros on the island, they probably bring it over on a regular basis which may be why they call it by its German name. Grippe normally thrives in the colder weather of Europe because thats when people are inside & in close proximity.

Jimmydr
01-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Grippe is German for FLU or influenza. Very contagious.

They use that term when ever someone has a cough.

whatever
01-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Dollars work and you don't need a Rx. There is a good pharmacy next door to New Garden.

Going solo is VERY easy for a newbie when he stays at the New Garden Hotel. It is easy to walk to everything you need and there will be guys there to ask for advice. Also, Wilfried, the manager, will help you out and give good advice if you have any questions.

The pharmacy next to New Garden on DR Rosen has higher prices compared to other pharmacies. I'd check the competition if you have time.