PDA

View Full Version : I need transportation for handicapped from punta cana

slr35
02-02-2005, 09:28 PM
I am coming down on Feb 6th with a friend in a wheel chair and we need to get from punta cana airport to the Ocean Village bavaro Beach resort.
Also we are going to want to take at least one day trip that week. He can get into a regular car front seat as long as there is enough room for our bags and his wheelchair. The wheelchair breaks down, wheels come off and it folds.
Is the superbowl on tv there.

Hope you can help, Thanks Joe C.

Jimmydr
02-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Punta Cana is in the Southeast. Most of us are 7 hours from there in the North.

BrooklynBeas
02-02-2005, 09:51 PM
I am coming down on Feb 6th with a friend in a wheel chair and we need to get from punta cana airport to the Ocean Village bavaro Beach resort.
Also we are going to want to take at least one day trip that week. He can get into a regular car front seat as long as there is enough room for our bags and his wheelchair. The wheelchair breaks down, wheels come off and it folds.
Is the superbowl on tv there.

Hope you can help, Thanks Joe C.

Most of us dont do the Punta scene... that seems to be where coupls go to vacation and its most likely just like going to florida on vacation... Im sure there are taxi vans that can fit all your stuff including the wheelchair... You can arrange for a taxi to pick u up from POP and take you to Sosua... you guys would have much more fun there!!!

slr35
02-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks, we definitly will to get to sosua for a day or two but we are already booked at the resort, it is a great deal and we could't turn it down.

Jimmydr
02-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks, we definitly will to get to sosua for a day or two but we are already booked at the resort, it is a great deal and we could't turn it down.

Not worth the trouble really. You are an hour and half from Boca Chica and 2 hours from Santo Domingo. Check that out, its worth it.

continentalmike
02-03-2005, 04:18 AM
i agree.. check out the south coast while you're there... helpmann, milione and dinero are good source material