PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Sosua Condo/Apt $20 Bargain?

mikelodge
11-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought I would post this it may be of value to some of you wanting to pinch your pennies and have a studio apartment for $20 a night. I don't believe I have seen anything on here less than 25 for a room. I am putting it here so that it is accessible to everyone and not in a trip report that gets moved to sections some people don't have access to.

Perhaps if it affords more people to visit that might otherwise not make a trip it will bring in some frugal people who will bargain hard and bring whore prices down but that is another topic.

I have more stuff like this but don't know if it is of much interest to anyone. It is just a block or two off Pedro Clisante in Sosua.

Hope it helps someone in a bind. The contact phone number is in the photo.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_160414af0771b69144.jpg (javascript:void(0))

givengo440
11-09-2009, 01:00 PM
During my last trip there were a couple of locations as such that I noticed where the apartments/condos were priced $25/$20 per night in prime locations. My only concern is security and hospitality. I know many feel safe behind there gated community walls me personally don't care one way or another.

JD426
11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
thanks,
thats a good price, do they allow chicas to be brought in late at night, thats important.

also can u post the pics so we can open them ?

did u get your 12 pointer ?

SeaWeed
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
mi got one of dem places too........same street as Kaka Kaka and Happy Bar........couldn't be bothered checking it out between already staying at Casa Marina, Rocky's and the New Garden last reach.....but caught my attention for maybe in the future use.......
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084af870b53ef9d.jpg

picture of what you looks like from the street.........of course probably no pool etc..........but for $25 bucks what do you expect
http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084af870b57c7c2.jpg

so how was dat hunting this weekend Mike.......

theman
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
mi got one of dem places too........same street as Kaka Kaka and Happy Bar........couldn't be bothered checking it out between already staying at Casa Marina, Rocky's and the New Garden last reach.....but caught my attention for maybe in the future use.......
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084af870b53ef9d.jpg)

picture of what you looks like from the street.........of course probably no pool etc..........but for $25 bucks what do you expect
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084af870b57c7c2.jpg)

I went to check it out on my last trip, went upstairs, but no one was there!

mikelodge
11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
During my last trip there were a couple of locations as such that I noticed where the apartments/condos were priced $25/$20 per night in prime locations. My only concern is security and hospitality. I know many feel safe behind there gated community walls me personally don't care one way or another.

I don't think there is any security other than locks. Just a place with rentals on nice quiet street down by Petes

mikelodge
11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
thanks,
thats a good price, do they allow chicas to be brought in late at night, thats important.
It is a apartment like 4 plex or something, not sure how many units. you bring in whoever you want even homeless hoes.

also can u post the pics so we can open them ? don't know how

did u get your 12 pointer ?

Only shot one 6 point myself so far just for meat.

answers after questions in your text. sorry eating

mikelodge
11-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084af870b53ef9d.jpg)

Click to see pic (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/170084af870b57c7c2.jpg)

Gotta go back out right now just getting a sandwich

KoKi9290
11-09-2009, 11:19 PM

I checked it out a few months back. The owner lives up stairs. There are 6 or 8 apartments. If I remember correctly there is no a/c, no hot water and no cable. They give you a key to the gate and they said chicas were no problem. I think Snoozer stayed there once upon a time.

3somefan
11-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I checked it out a few months back. The owner lives up stairs. There are 6 or 8 apartments. If I remember correctly there is no a/c, no hot water and no cable. They give you a key to the gate and they said chicas were no problem. I think Snoozer stayed there once upon a time.

DAMN!! talk about low budget!! :eek:

mikelodge
11-10-2009, 02:30 PM

This why I posted the one I did. Not an inner city upstairs flop. The own I posted about has a nice well kept yard with your own parking right in front on a quiet street. There were some Germans there in one of them and they seemed ok with it for what that's worth. At Twenty Bucks I am not saying it is for most of us and I wouldn't stay there but a guy could for example if you were staying at an AI use it or have a chica rent it in her name with your money.

I have read many people looking for low end stuff here and especially on other sites about people taking buses and those guagas and whatever to save a buck or two so I think it might be useful to some people. It says Wifi so you would think something modern is going on there. It looks like the number is 823-336-3754 or 8754 hard to see here. I may have another photo on another SM card.
It is on Rodriquez the block right before Petes up toward the highway one long block on the right last place on the end before I you turn right.

SeaWeed
11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
I would have gone with one of these $20 places actually if I had known this beforehand my last reach when I was at Casa Marina.....

between me staying at NG at $50, then Rocky's at $35 and then hitting Calypso 5 times for $50 in a weeks time for $135......I would have been better off and more comfortable with one permanent sex place for $140 for a week.....probably water over the dam at this point cause Casa Marina prices are about double what they were in September so it doesn't look like that will ever happened again...plus mi not an AI kind of guy anyways like most mongers......

mikelodge
11-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I would have gone with one of these $20 places actually if I had known this beforehand my last reach when I was at Casa Marina.....

between me staying at NG at $50, then Rocky's at $35 and then hitting Calypso 5 times for $50 in a weeks time for $135......I would have been better off and more comfortable with one permanent sex place for $140 for a week.....probably water over the dam at this point cause Casa Marina prices are about double what they were in September so it doesn't look like that will ever happened again...plus mi not an AI kind of guy anyways like most mongers......

Yah but don't forget many mongers could not survive things some of us have (only in the past of course in stories) considered ordinary in Jamaica without losing control. Such as Jenny's Tea house in the good old days and the special cakes and tea. Campfires on the beach in Negril when if you were down wind of that brush burning would knock you down. Visiting the friendly guys in little motor boats putting along off the AI's or a Toga Party at Hedonism or the parties afterwards. Is that old group of nudists called the Turtles still there where the guys that were like 70 had the little shoe shine like stand on the beach with the sign that said body shaving?

Thinking of all the Pussy that guy shaved in his life makes where we stay seem pretty meaningless but for $20 a night this one is worth keeping around.

SeaWeed
11-10-2009, 09:00 PM
vaguely remember about the body shaving place......dem Turtles not der that mi know of......there is a cheap place to rent on Negril Beach called Secrets......it's part of Firefly in behind it towards the road in little wood cottages on the beach.....the cheapest dem go down to is $20/night.....think you can get dem for around $30 a night.......if you looking for something cheap with no A/C.....usually dem have pretty good fans for the places....

mikelodge
11-10-2009, 09:14 PM
vaguely remember about the body shaving place......dem Turtles not der that mi know of......there is a cheap place to rent on Negril Beach called Secrets......it's part of Firefly in behind it towards the road in little wood cottages on the beach.....the cheapest dem go down to is $20/night.....think you can get dem for around $30 a night.......if you looking for something cheap with no A/C.....usually dem have pretty good fans for the places....

25 years and it seems like well actually it seems longer than that :rofl:
Always good to know about a cheap place to hide out with one. :iconTU:

Trib
11-11-2009, 01:43 PM
TY for the intel. I was runninng numbers and if I can get a NG quality place at 40 usd it would help me do 3 -5 trips (2 -3 nights). I am not ready to do the no AC thing yet but I am obsessed and may break down during the cold NY winters. LOL

SeaWeed
11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
January and February is doable without A/C in the Caribbean......but kind of depends what you have for a room......a room with no room or barriers above it.....can get pretty hot with the sun beating down on the roof if there isn't any shade.......nuthin worse than being in a sweat-box when on vacation......

Seņor Jimmy of Medellin
11-11-2009, 01:56 PM
January and February is doable without A/C in the Caribbean......but kind of depends what you have for a room......a room with no room or barriers above it.....can get pretty hot with the sun beating down on the roof if there isn't any shade.......nuthin worse than being in a sweat-box when on vacation......

July and August, you will die!

SeaWeed
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
mi concur Jimmy on dem months.......anywhere in the Caribbean the humidity kills you then........A/C a must

mikelodge
11-11-2009, 03:41 PM
July and August, you will die!

And just think some people pay to go to a Resort that offers a Sweat Lodge and cook in Humidity.
Sounds stupid enough but up here in MN some of them do it in the sauna and you better say it right (Sohhnaaahhh). Not for this guy.

mikelodge
11-11-2009, 03:43 PM
TY for the intel. I was runninng numbers and if I can get a NG quality place at 40 usd it would help me do 3 -5 trips (2 -3 nights). I am not ready to do the no AC thing yet but I am obsessed and may break down during the cold NY winters. LOL

I can't attest to the quality of this place comparing to NG but $20 with parking and Wifi is a start. And as I mentioned it is a quiet area for Sosua.