PDA

View Full Version : Sosua Hotel Recommendations? Question RE: the Palace?

Bug Boy
02-04-2005, 07:15 PM
I may stay in Sosua for a couple of days when I head to Boca Chica in March. Could someone please recommend a few hotels that fit the following criteria (or come close)?

Thanks,
Helpmann 8)

1. "Very" Chica Friendly (no cedula check)
2. Under $40.00
3. Clean and neat (possibly a relatively new hotel)
4. Queen size bed or larger
5. Kitchen [stove, fridge, dishes, flatware, glasses, cooking utensils]
6. Pool (not as important)
7. Centrally located (not as important)

BTW: If one is not staying at Sosua Palace, is the pool off-limits? If so, is there a fee for the use of the pool for those not staying there?

Don Tomas
02-04-2005, 08:23 PM

BTW: If one is not staying at Sosua Palace, is the pool off-limits? If so, is there a fee for the use of the pool for those not staying there?

I am not jumping on the moral bandwagon but lately on the North Coast if you want "no Cedula Check" you better go to a Cabana.

As for the Palace Pool I honestly don't think John would mind. Especially if you had a beer or two while there or bought 1 or 2 for chicas. I know he rents S/T rooms if there are rooms open.

PS. The pool is no bigger then the $20 inflatables you buy for kids and setup in a yard, it's just deeper.

PPS. Come to Santiago instead!!!

Bug Boy
02-04-2005, 08:55 PM

I am not jumping on the moral bandwagon but lately on the North Coast if you want "no Cedula Check" you better go to a Cabana.
If you know of any short-term apartments (2-3 days) that also fit the criteria, I'll take that as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If I thought you would be in Santiago when I arrived on the North Coast, I would my spend my 3 days in Santiago. As of now, it looks like 5 nights in Boca Chica, then 3 nights in Sosua, then 3 nights in Havana, then 1 last night in Boca Chica. As of now, I think there is only one ISOC member (Gdogg) who will be on the North Coast when I arrive.

But seriously, thanks for the offer. :)

-Helpmann

gdogg
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Yep, it's just me. I'm debating pushing my dates back. I'm 80% sure I will be in Sosua from March 5th-13th. It will be odd being there without Jimmy and JJ.

BrooklynBeas
02-04-2005, 10:37 PM
why dont u try to stay at One Ocean... the pool is beautiful, they never checked a chicas ID when i brought one in there and they have everything you asked for... just the price may be slightly higher during high season...i paid30 or35though duringthe low season

Jimmydr
02-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I may stay in Sosua for a couple of days when I head to Boca Chica in March. Could someone please recommend a few hotels that fit the following criteria (or come close)?

Thanks,
Helpmann 8)

2. Under $40.00
3. Clean and neat (possibly a relatively new hotel)
4. Queen size bed or larger
5. Kitchen [stove, fridge, dishes, flatware, glasses, cooking utensils]
6. Pool (not as important)
7. Centrally located (not as important)

Dude, use the place as if you are staying there. All ISOC is welcome. He mentioned a 10% discount so ask him.

Jimmydr
02-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Yep, it's just me. I'm debating pushing my dates back. I'm 80% sure I will be in Sosua from March 5th-13th. It will be odd being there without Jimmy and JJ.

JJ returns in August. :D

Bug Boy
02-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Yep, it's just me. I'm debating pushing my dates back. I'm 80% sure I will be in Sosua from March 5th-13th. It will be odd being there without Jimmy and JJ.Gdogg,
Do you have a DR cell# down there? If so, I would like to at least get some drinks with you while I am in Sosua.

Thanks,
Helpmann

gdogg
02-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Yep, it's just me. I'm debating pushing my dates back. I'm 80% sure I will be in Sosua from March 5th-13th. It will be odd being there without Jimmy and JJ.Gdogg,
Do you have a DR cell# down there? If so, I would like to at least get some drinks with you while I am in Sosua.

Thanks,
Helpmann

I'll post it or pm it to you when I get it activated. When are you going to be in Sosua?

Bug Boy
02-05-2005, 09:23 AM

Thanks,
Helpmann

I'll post it or pm it to you when I get it activated. When are you going to be in Sosua?I "should" be in Sosua from Monday, March 7 - Thursday, March 10 (Arriving in the afternoon and leaving early morning.)

BTW: I PM'd you my DR#.

Thanks,
Helpmann

mhelpmann@yahoo.com

gdogg
02-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks, Helpman. I'll be in touch.
8)

Gladiator
02-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Helpmann,

Are you going to fly from POP to Havana? What are roughly the prices of the flights DR-Cuba? Is it possible to book them from abroad or do you have to book it once in the DR?

The idea of doing a trip to Cuba-DR has crossed my mind but I haven’t got any info about the flight connections between both countries.

Bug Boy
02-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Helpmann,

Are you going to fly from POP to Havana? What are roughly the prices of the flights DR-Cuba? Is it possible to book them from abroad or do you have to book it once in the DR?

The idea of doing a trip to Cuba-DR has crossed my mind but I haven’t got any info about the flight connections between both countries.I'm flying out of Santo Domingo. I don't believe there are any flights available out POP or STI. I am driving down the day of the flight and plan to fly out on Air Cubana that Thursday to Havana (US$439).

-Helpmann

Don Tomas
02-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Helpmann,

The idea of doing a trip to Cuba-DR has crossed my mind but I haven’t got any info about the flight connections between both countries.

Here you go...

Two airlines fly between Cuba & the DR.

Aero Caribbean which is a charter
http://www.aero-caribbean.com/default_eng.asp
Havana - SDQ US$320 R/T
Santiago de Cuba - SDQ US$278 R/T

Cubana de Aviacion
http://www.cubana.cu
Havana - SDQ
CU 201 SDQ / HAV d1:35 pm a3:30 pm Th & Su
CU 200 HAV / SDQ d9:55 am a12:05 pm Th & Su
Santiago de Cuba - SDQ
7L873 SDQ / SCU d4:30 pm a6:30 pm M & F
7L872 SCU / SDQ d12:30 pm a2:30 pm M & F

Found a DR Travel Agent she is selling the Cubana de Aviacion R/T tickets:
http://emelytours.com.do/
Havana = US$409
Santiago = US$293

Santiago de Cuba sounds like your best bet.

Gladiator
02-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Thanks guys for the info!

continentalmike
02-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Helpmann,

Here you go...

Two airlines fly between Cuba & the DR.

Aero Caribbean which is a charter
http://www.aero-caribbean.com/default_eng.asp
Havana - SDQ US$320 R/T
Santiago de Cuba - SDQ US$278 R/T

Cubana de Aviacion
http://www.cubana.cu
Havana - SDQ
CU 201 SDQ / HAV d1:35 pm a3:30 pm Th & Su
CU 200 HAV / SDQ d9:55 am a12:05 pm Th & Su
Santiago de Cuba - SDQ
7L873 SDQ / SCU d4:30 pm a6:30 pm M & F
7L872 SCU / SDQ d12:30 pm a2:30 pm M & F

Found a DR Travel Agent she is selling the Cubana de Aviacion R/T tickets:
http://emelytours.com.do/
Havana = US$409
Santiago = US$293

Santiago de Cuba sounds like your best bet.

Logical since the flight Santiago to Havana is just about further than SDQ to Santiago de Cuba LOL

Bug Boy
04-09-2005, 11:24 PM
PS. The pool is no bigger then the $20 inflatables you buy for kids and setup in a yard, it's just deeper.

:lol: From looking at their homepage the pool does look awfully small. I have read a lot of posts about people sitting by the pool but I don't remember anyone saying they actually went swimming in the pool.

D_W_
04-10-2005, 04:06 AM

Dude, use the place as if you are staying there. All ISOC is welcome. He mentioned a 10% discount so ask him.

Is this true?

JDR
04-10-2005, 10:09 AM

:lol: From looking at their homepage the pool does look awfully small. I have read a lot of posts about people sitting by the pool but I don't remember anyone saying they actually went swimming in the pool.

I went swimming three times already.

Don Tomas
04-10-2005, 04:34 PM

It's great to cool off in but it's diameter is probably no more then 10-12 feet. You can't go swimming but you can cool off.

Note for being small it is very deep, about 6.5 feet on the deep end.

the_Jayman
04-10-2005, 05:56 PM
PLENTY DEEP ENOUGH FOR US FAT GUYS TO DO CANNON BALLS OFF OF THE JACUZZI ! !

Then ya get all the chicas wet . . . good fun :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The pool is fine . . . how often do you "swim" ?

just cool of and have a beer ! !