PDA

View Full Version : I.S.O.C. and D.R in Hotels!!!

Jimmydr
02-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Wether you stay there or hang out there they like us:

The Sosua Palace
Hotel Aventura
BlackBeards
Villa Chessa
One Ocean Place
The Blue Dolphin

Stop by, mingle, hang out, its all good. :D

Bug Boy
02-05-2005, 08:24 AM

The Sosua Palace
Hotel Aventura
BlackBeards
Villa Chessa
One Ocean Place
The Blue Dolphin

In reference to "The Blue Dolphin," how close does this hotel come to meeting the following specifications?

Specs:
1. "Very" Chica Friendly (no cedula check)
2. Under $40.00
3. Clean and neat (possibly a relatively new hotel)
4. Queen size bed or larger
5. Kitchen [stove, fridge, dishes, flatware, glasses, cooking utensils]
6. Pool (not as important)
7. Centrally located (not as important)

Thanks,
Helpmann

Jimmydr
02-05-2005, 08:26 AM

The Sosua Palace
Hotel Aventura
BlackBeards
Villa Chessa
One Ocean Place
The Blue Dolphin

In reference to "The Blue Dolphin," how close does this hotel come to meeting the following specifications?

Specs:
1. "Very" Chica Friendly (no cedula check)
2. Under $40.00
3. Clean and neat (possibly a relatively new hotel)
4. Queen size bed or larger
5. Kitchen [stove, fridge, dishes, flatware, glasses, cooking utensils]
6. Pool (not as important)
7. Centrally located (not as important)

Thanks,
Helpmann

Its down the block from The Palace. There are those that like that and The Palace has its fans. Start with The Palace your first night, there are alot of regulars there.

Bug Boy
02-05-2005, 08:38 AM
[quote=Jimmydr]
Its down the block from The Palace. There are those that like that and The Palace has its fans. Start with The Palace your first night, there are alot of regulars there.Dude, I hope John's paying you (or at least covering your Palace stay.)

-Helpmann

jd_mine
02-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Well, if he doesn't he should. I think the majority of John's business has been build by Jimmy.

nomad
02-05-2005, 11:19 AM
The blue dolphin has every thing your lookin for execpt for the pool.

passasabe
02-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Does the Blue Dolphin have AC, safe, large size room (like the Europa) and tv?

MisterPink
02-05-2005, 01:00 PM
CENSORED

Apos
02-05-2005, 01:13 PM
Does the Blue Dolphin have AC, safe, large size room (like the Europa) and tv?

I think so. Have you checked their site(s)?

http://www.a3tnet.com/bluedolphin.htm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bluedolphinclub/

http://www.hotelbluedolphin.com/

Willie
02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Suites are $45/night

Willie

Apos
02-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Suites are $45/night

Willie

Talk to Big John, it might even be worth calling fron the USA. Everything is negotiable!

I would not advise paying in advance but no more than one day at a time. It pays to keep leverage, especially here. In the DR that is.

nuhomet
02-05-2005, 01:31 PM
Stay at the Palace. Thats where you'll meet the seasoned vets how can and will give you the run down. Last two trips were the Palace. three trips ago it was the Europa. I enjoy the nuts that stay at the Palace. Always something going on. Besides it's the home of the orginal

Soronji®

An to be a ISOC member(according to the by-laws) you have to have sex with her atleast once.

Apos
02-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Stay at the Palace. Thats where you'll meet the seasoned vets how can and will give you the run down. Last two trips were the Palace. three trips ago it was the Europa. I enjoy the nuts that stay at the Palace. Always something going on. Besides it's the home of the orginal

"____________________"

An to be a ISOC member(according to the by-laws) you have to have sex with her atleast once.

Do you have her written permission for this little venture? :roll:

Willie
02-05-2005, 01:36 PM
I did call. There are only suites now.

Willie

nuhomet
02-05-2005, 01:37 PM

"____________________"

Do you have her written permission for this little venture? :roll:

I have filled the online app to trademark the name, so I will be awarded it first, but that want me to send them a photo or sample of the product. Got to think this through......

Apos
02-05-2005, 01:40 PM
I did call. There are only suites now.

Willie

Thanks Willie,

I'd check again in person when you are there next. Things get discounted fast if it is a slow week. You might also want to speak with Steve. He controls some rooms there and John might not be inclined to mention that.

Willie
02-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Careful, she might demand royalty payments. But who knows one day you might be able to go Public. :D

Guess we could all get shares at pre IPO prices.

Willie

jd_mine
02-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Talk to Big John, it might even be worth calling fron the USA. Everything is negotiable!

I know from experience prices are negotiable. I did.
Second, a friend of mine just returned and apparently John is no longer running things. It's Steve and Michael doing it now, so watch out for what you negotiate with John........You're better off talking to Steve.

Jimmydr
02-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Suites are $45/night

Willie

I would not advise paying in advance but no more than one day at a time. It pays to keep leverage, especially here. In the DR that is.

Big John has nothing to do with that Hotel anymore. Just talk to Steve.

Apos
02-05-2005, 02:13 PM

Second, a friend of mine just returned and apparently John is no longer running things. It's Steve and Michael doing it now, so watch out for what you negotiate with John........You're better off talking to Steve.

Cool JD,

Things do change fast and often with them. In early January John seemed to control most things but espescially the room/suite rentals. It has always been my impression from both John and Steve that John was the majority owner in the BD complex. He has always called the shots and been deferred to in my presence. When did this change happen? I wonder if his health is slowing him down?

Jimmydr
02-05-2005, 02:20 PM

Cool JD,

Things do change fast and often with them. In early January John seemed to control most things but espescially the room/suite rentals. It has always been my impression from both John and Steve that John was the majority owner in the BD complex. He has always called the shots and been deferred to in my presence. When did this change happen? I wonder if his health is slowing him down?

He calls no shots anywhere.

jd_mine
02-05-2005, 02:23 PM
John owns (or owned) the place with his wife. He then basically kicked his wife out and she's back in the US or Canada crying foul.
So he can't sell since he does not have full title. For a while John, Steve and James did the rentals of the room. James left pretty quickly because of disagreements with John. Then last year John took over rentals and Steve just did the bar. Now apparently John has nothing to do with rentals anymore and Steve is doing it all with this guy Michael. I am not sure but Michael might be the gambling expert from the US and maybe he invested money to get John out of the decision making.
Believe me, if you wanna do business in DR, do it on your own, otherwise it becomes a big fucking mess.

Apos
02-05-2005, 02:25 PM
So, does anyone know what happened and why? I'm happy for Steve and Mike. Steve is a good guy and a friend but I haven't spoken to him since I left. I guess i'll have to call him.

jd_mine
02-05-2005, 02:28 PM
No, I don't know why. I do know Steve was not happy with how things were going, but then again no sane person would be. The place was one big construction pit. Steve is a nice guy though, although he shouldn't drink so much :-).

Apos
02-05-2005, 02:32 PM
No, I don't know why. I do know Steve was not happy with how things were going, but then again no sane person would be. The place was one big construction pit. Steve is a nice guy though, although he shouldn't drink so much :-).

All true, and he knows he's drinking too much. Can't say I blame him with the stress he's under. Hopefully things will improve dramatically with Steve and mike running things. It was one of my favorite places my first trip but had really gone downhill in the last year.

If anyone has more details please post them.

jd_mine
02-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Same here, great place first time out, been degenerating ever since.
Steve has always been drinking though, before DR. At least he's a happy drunk!

Apos
02-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Same here, great place first time out, been degenerating ever since.
Steve has always been drinking though, before DR. At least he's a happy drunk!

Ya, he tells some good stories about the Turks and Caicos. Mike too. I could tell the extent of the stress Steve was under by his drinking and that he really wasn't a happy drunk anymore. He was verbally lashing out at people that pissed him off unlike before. I found that telling. I hope that will change for him quickly. The BD has he potential to be the best monger place in Sosua and area if handled properly. I can hardly wait for May!

jd_mine
02-05-2005, 02:50 PM
I'll be in Sosua in May. I'll see you there! Staying at the Palace though because of before mentioned problems at the Dolphin (plus some more personal ones)

Don Tomas
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
The BD has he potential to be the best monger place in Sosua and area if handled properly. I can hardly wait for May!

For US$350,000 it's all yours!

Apos
02-05-2005, 03:08 PM
I'll be in Sosua in May. I'll see you there! Staying at the Palace though because of before mentioned problems at the Dolphin (plus some more personal ones)

I look out for you. I stay at Rocky's and eat breakfast there daily. Look for the long table by the computer where the ISOC sit. I'm often there and I'm sure someone will introduce us. I'm there May 13-23.

Apos
02-05-2005, 03:11 PM
The BD has he potential to be the best monger place in Sosua and area if handled properly. I can hardly wait for May!

For US$350,000 it's all yours! Perhaps when I'm ready to live in the DR fulltime. With cash in hand I'd bet you could have it for a fraction of the asking price. Almost nothing is worth that much in Sosua, not that they don't ask for it!

jd_mine
02-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Just remember he doesn't have full title!!!

Bug Boy
02-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Soronji®
An to be a ISOC member(according to the by-laws) you have to have sex with her atleast once.I'd be breaking at least 3 Commandments if I decided to bang this girl.

-Helpmann :lol:

wayne
02-09-2005, 03:56 AM
I will be going to the DR for the first time. Are the chica friendly to all regardless of color ?. Not that any prejudice would stop me . Just wanting to understand the landscape.

Jimmydr
02-09-2005, 07:53 AM
I will be going to the DR for the first time. Are the chica friendly to all regardless of color ?. Not that any prejudice would stop me . Just wanting to understand the landscape.

They love American Dollars and anyone who has them. :D

gdogg
02-09-2005, 08:17 AM
They're going to love you, Wayne! I've seen leper look-a-likes with absolute beauties!
:twisted:

RearWindow
02-09-2005, 08:25 AM
They're going to love you, Wayne! I've seen leper look-a-likes with absolute beauties!
:twisted: Hey! I resemble that remark :evil: :D :wink:

gdogg
02-09-2005, 08:42 AM
...and so does Avatar (the beauty, of course!).

el_papi_chew_low
02-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Jimmy is right about the color of money. I think you could bring a pet monkey to the DR and he would get laid 3 times a day for 1,500 TLN. By the way, if push comes to shove the Haitian babes will fuck anyone ... no quesitons asked.

gdogg
02-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Jimmy is right about the color of money. I think you could bring a pet monkey to the DR and he would get laid 3 times a day for 1,500 TLN. By the way, if push comes to shove the Haitian babes will fuck anyone ... no quesitons asked.

...so will the Domincanas! I haven't seen them turn anyone down yet.