PDA

View Full Version : British band America to perform in Dominican Republic

gmalet
11-16-2009, 05:33 AM
British soft and folk rock band America will perform at the Teatro La Fiesta of the Hotel Jaragua 21 November.

Pedro Garcia of SkyPro is promoting the performance. The group had separated in 1977, but Beckley, Bunnell and Dan Peek regrouped in 2007.

America is an English-American folk rock musical band, composed originally of members Gerry Beckley, Dewey Bunnell, and Dan Peek. The three members were barely past their teenage years when they became a musical sensation during 1972, with their main popularity during the early to mid 1970s and early 1980s.

Some of the band's best known songs are "A Horse with No Name", "Sister Golden Hair" (both of which reached #1), "Ventura Highway", "Tin Man", and "Lonely People".

The song "Ventura Highway" went on to become a #8 single for "America", and a song that has endured in people's hearts and mings long past its publication, unlike many other songs that are "here today, gone tomorrow". "Ventura Highway" won many fans, including the pro-wrestler-turned-politician, Jesse Ventura.

gdogg
11-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Don't forget "You Can Do Magic" from late summer/early fall of 1982. Please don't ask how I know that info.

prtyr2
11-16-2009, 09:27 AM
I am not a big fan. . . .but plan to go any way. Any time I can see a non Latin Group in DR I try to. . . .hence the novias incessant playing of "Ace of Base" on her ipod. . . . . . .hmm. . . .in retrospect that one may have been a mistake;-)

DCIronman
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Don't forget "You Can Do Magic" from late summer/early fall of 1982. Please don't ask how I know that info.

LOL! Don't feel bad man. I like that song too.

In fact, I can do one better. America did the soundtrack for an 80's animated film called "The Last Unicorn.". I have that soundtrack, on my ipod no less.

It features timeless tracks like "The Last Unicorn", "In the Sea", and "Man's Road". Wait, what's the date of that concert again? LOL!