PDA

View Full Version : Watch Your Pockets at Classico

Dragonlorde
11-22-2009, 05:05 AM
Whether you are inside or outside Classicos, watch your pockets. On my last trip (5 - 11 Nov 09), me and another member of our group got picked.

My friend was the victim of an organized pick. A hot chica invited him up to the upstairs club, where her male partner up there did the deed. Luckily, the my friend noticed it immediately raised the alarm the guy was apprehended. My friend was able to recover most of his money at the police station the next morning. When all was said and done, my friend only lost 2,000 pesos.

I got picked outside the same night. A chica ran up on me started bumping on me and ran her hand in my front pocket. I felt it and pushed her away. I did not think that she got anything, but later realized she to about 20 $1.00 bill notes and 1,500 pesos. It was not much, but someone else may not be so lucky.

So.....beware when hanging out at Classicos.

rdmatheny
11-22-2009, 05:38 AM
That is great advice for our new mongers on this board. Actually that has been going on strong for the past three years. Always keep your sense about yourself. Whether that be a chica whom comes upon you by surprise or one that you have been drinking and chatting with for a length of time. With America trying to transform itself into a third world country, tourism has been slow into the D.R. Which in effect has created some tough times for the chicas. They are desparate for money and will go all out to get it at all means.

gdogg
11-22-2009, 06:23 AM
It's been going on since forever! When a chica comes up to you and starts to grope, IMMEDIATELY go for your wallet. If you must carry one, don't put it in your back pocket. You might as well kiss it goodbye. When I'm at the clubs, I try not to bring a wallet. You just need copies of your identification and enough cash to last you the evening. If I do carry one, it's usually buried deep in my front pocket or buttoned in a cargo pocket. If I get picked, I'll have it coming!

gmalet
11-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Always wear zippered pockets or shorts.

jonblaze
11-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I never leave the hotel with more than 800-1000 pesos when I go to the club. I rarely drink beyond that much, in order to keep my senses. If I do happen to need more than that amount. I just go back to the hotel which is a short walk away and get more. Were you guys staying at an AI or some far away location and just planning to use a short time local hotel? I never carry more than I need anywhere. Only time I could imagine needing a bit more cash, is if I was headed to La Passions or somewhere similar where you play on site or need to pay up front.

ralphie1
11-22-2009, 09:47 AM
dont carry a wallet, keep only the amount of money you think you might spend on you and treat every person as though they are going to rip you off. this advice is good not just for classicos, but the entire DR as well as any bigger city back home. just think, they are all trying to rip me off

something to keep in mind, one of the pickpocket methods is for a gal to approach a lone guy walking from across the street while her friend comes up from behind. she will try to grab your package etc... while her friend , another female , seeminly harmless will lighten your load

simply step towards the gal coming across in the middle of the street and keep the one behind in site and away from you.

i sidestepped an incident like that last trip on the way back to the new garden in the wee hours of the morning, only to hear at breakfast one of the other guys got hit with the same method about 15 minutes later up the street the other way

remember, the best defense is a good offense

Jimbo44
11-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Citynights, care to chime in????/

Kennilingus
11-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I had a 6" X 4" cloth bag made with a nylon zipper on the (4" edge) topside.

I safety pin the bag to the inside of my pants, and only carry enough cash in my pockets to cover the next few hours.

I carry enough money in this bag that if I find someone at La Passions (or some other location) that I "have to have" ;) I have the money.

Before I make the purchase I go to the washroom, take out the amount needed, resecure the balance, and carry on ... no one is any the wiser.

For a ladrona to get my money ... she has to get my pants off first ... I'm not saying it can't be done ... :rolleyes: ... but at that point it's 100% my fault.

FYI ... so far the pocket has gone undetected, and is very effective!

bentwire
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Getting ripped off happens to everyone eventually no matter how careful you are, whither it is a chica telling you she loves you and conning you out of a house and chicken farm, or sneaking some drug in your beer at classicos then ripping off your key lock safe back at your room,,

one night yayow and I were walking back to his car from the late night disco with a few chicas and out of no where a chica came running at me from across the street, she was coming at me fast, no sooner had she reached out a hand toward my pocket she got the linebacker stiff arm to the shoulder and away she flew, i didn't even look back to see if she got off the ground.
Happened so fast Yayow missed the action and we were side by side down the street

Avoid confrontations enact evasive maneuvers and keep on walking, sometimes the confrontation can be the hook they need to get in your pocket, always remain calm collective, REMEMBER hitting a chica in Sousa can land your ass in more trouble than you could ever think, the days of punishment are over

SrSuerte
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
I never leave the hotel with more than 800-1000 pesos when I go to the club. I rarely drink beyond that much, in order to keep my senses. If I do happen to need more than that amount. I just go back to the hotel which is a short walk away and get more. Were you guys staying at an AI or some far away location and just planning to use a short time local hotel? I never carry more than I need anywhere. Only time I could imagine needing a bit more cash, is if I was headed to La Passions or somewhere similar where you play on site or need to pay up front.

I like this advice and I follow it to the fullest. I have only under estimated how much I was going to eat/drink one time. I don't walk around scared. I just take the necessary steps just in case something does happen.:iconTU:

one night yayow and I were walking back to his car from the late night disco with a few chicas and out of no where a chica came running at me from across the street, she was coming at me fast, no sooner had she reached out a hand toward my pocket she got the linebacker stiff arm to the shoulder and away she flew, i didn't even look back to see if she got off the ground.Happened so fast Yayow missed the action and we were side by side down the street

Avoid confrontations enact evasive maneuvers and keep on walking, sometimes the confrontation can be the hook they need to get in your pocket, always remain calm collective, REMEMBER hitting a chica in Sousa can land your ass in more trouble than you could ever think, the days of punishment are over

I just need to train with the Baltimore Ravens and Marines boot camp then I will be ok!:eek::confused::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am never going to fuck with bentwire. Militant!:eek::iconTU:

ralphie1
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM

I safety pin the bag to the inside of my pants, and only carry enough cash in my pockets to cover the next few hours.

I carry enough money in this bag that if I find someone at La Passions (or some other location) that I "have to have" ;) I have the money.

Before I make the purchase I go to the washroom, take out the amount needed, resecure the balance, and carry on ... no one is any the wiser.

For a ladrona to get my money ... she has to get my pants off first ... I'm not saying it can't be done ... :rolleyes: ... but at that point it's 100% my fault.

much easier to go to AAA or some other travel shop and they make a pouch just like what you mentioned that fits down in your pants and has a clip that goes over your belt. is made of a fabric so as to not make you sweat.

bought one, brought it with me, just never used it. go figure. kept my money in it in the safe

givengo440
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Fellas point blank be aware of your surroundings and know your limit! Almost forgot do not let anyone get that close to you. For the record IDK why a guy would be close to you if you are hunting pussy in the first place :eek:

yayow
11-22-2009, 05:51 PM

That's only because your reputation preceeds you and when they see that extra large bulge in your pants, they just assume that it's little Kenn, looking to have some fun!!!:eek::eek::rofl:

Kennilingus
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
much easier to go to AAA or some other travel shop and they make a pouch just like what you mentioned that fits down in your pants and has a clip that goes over your belt. is made of a fabric so as to not make you sweat.

bought one, brought it with me, just never used it. go figure. kept my money in it in the safe

If it is on a clip, on your belt ... they can still get it ... if you let them get that close ... I used the same bag ... went to a local Taylor (not Taylor Rain:p) ... and had her build exactly the same bag without the metal clip.

If they can't find it ... they can't take it!!!

I agree fully with everyone who says don't let them that close ... BUT ... I've had 2 ... maybe 3 times in the DR when alcohol clouded my judgement ... they got real close and personal ... but never found the cash! If you can't find it ... you can't take it!

Macky
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
dont carry a wallet, keep only the amount of money you think you might spend on you and treat every person as though they are going to rip you off. this advice is good not just for classicos, but the entire DR as well as any bigger city back home. just think, they are all trying to rip me off

something to keep in mind, one of the pickpocket methods is for a gal to approach a lone guy walking from across the street while her friend comes up from behind. she will try to grab your package etc... while her friend , another female , seeminly harmless will lighten your load

simply step towards the gal coming across in the middle of the street and keep the one behind in site and away from you.

i sidestepped an incident like that last trip on the way back to the new garden in the wee hours of the morning, only to hear at breakfast one of the other guys got hit with the same method about 15 minutes later up the street the other way

remember, the best defense is a good offense
I think some girls look for guys who seem unsuspecting, and the later it gets into the nite, the girls assume that the guys have had a lot to drink and they're not so sharp and in turn become easier prey.

Blackarcher
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM

I'm with you on that one. I only carry drinking money and a copy of my id, everything else stays locked up.

MegaSquirt
11-22-2009, 06:49 PM
They are very quick but I was quicker. I just don't carry around money where it's easy for them to rifle through a pocket. Like gdogg said, it's been going on forever.

Si_Poppi
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I got picked outside the same night. A chica ran up on me started bumping on me and ran her hand in my front pocket. I felt it and pushed her away. I did not think that she got anything, but later realized she to about 20 $1.00 bill notes and 1,500 pesos.How could you not notice 20 or more bills being removed from your pocket? :confused:

Dragonlorde
11-22-2009, 07:18 PM
My camera was in same pocket so the weight was there. It really was not a big deal. Just making a cautionary note to the forum.

JuanElGriego
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
If you don't have cargo pants you can always make like you're in Rikers and use the ole keester stash. :eek:

Kevy
11-22-2009, 08:30 PM
How could you not notice 20 or more bills being removed from your pocket? :confused:

and what is with all the $1 bills:confused:

If you don't have cargo pants you can always make like you're in Rikers and use the ole keester stash. :eek:

Really starts to explain a lot about you:eek::rolleyes:

officemgr
11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/mw0809vac/common_sense_uajn0qcm.jpg

prtyr2
11-23-2009, 01:15 AM
I have had 2 apartment break ins in my time living in DR but never been pick pocketed or robbed in the streets of DR. I am an impulsive guy and don't like walking around with no money or constantly adding up in my head how much I have left on me.

I went out last night and had 5k pesos stashed in the wallet. 5k in my left front pants pocket and about 3-4k in my right front wallet. I even had room for 2 iphones and a digital camera. . . . .lol. . .

I use debit cards to pay for most stuff and also want to be able to hit cash machine if funds get low.

OTOH in Buenos Aires I have had CC cloned TWICE in 5 trips, and had a dude on bicycle try and grab my iphone. He wound up on his ass, looking up at me while I threw his bike on top of him. . . . . .

BTW. . ..if wearing cargos the wallet goes in buttoned pocket but last night I was wearing jeans and had wallet in back pocket.

I would not suggest a newbie follow my lead but if I had to be that worried about getting ripped off on vacation. . . ..I'd go someplace else.

whatever
11-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Actually that has been going on strong for the past three years.

I bet this has been going on for 30,000 years. Shortly after the pocket was invented someone probably picked it. Neanderthal man probably had pockets and probably had them picked.

MrHappy
11-23-2009, 07:20 AM
The only chicks that will immediately come up to you and start hugging or grabbing at you have only one thing in mind, and that's to relieve you of your cash.

I don't mean the chicks that give you a little grab on your butt cheeks passing by, that's a tool of the trade.

But anything more than a quick grab should send off warning bells in a heartbeat. Shove em away.

I personally don't let any of them get within contact range unless I'm in control of the situation, such as sitting down, empty pockets, etc.

I have a friend who carrys fake bills in his pocket, with stuff like " you're dumber than your chulo" , or" you don't know how to suck dick either" written on them.

He had a girl come back to him once and insult him. That was a first for me.

Dragonlorde
11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Was wearing cargo shorts. Had all pockets buttoned down. Chica slipped her little hand in space between the buttons. This is probably why I felt it and quickly moved away.

I have gotten some better ideas concerned concealed pockets and cagros with zips. I am going shopping this weekend to see what I find in preparation for my next trip in Feb 2010.

ricwilli
11-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Or, you might try one of these:
YouTube- Travel / Money Pouch- Money Belt - Travel With Confidence!

Jimbo44
11-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I like that pouch, do they sell it in any of the stores at a mall for instance??

ricwilli
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
You can get it at Amazon.com I know.

Jimbo44
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Believe it or not, but I have never once in my life bought anything off the web, except flights and hotel reservations.

prtyr2
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
I like that pouch, do they sell it in any of the stores at a mall for instance??

What is a mall? ;-)

prtyr2
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Believe it or not, but I have never once in my life bought anything off the web, except flights and hotel reservations.

What is a mall? ;-)

Jimbo44
11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Wha happen?? where r u from prty2, or am I missing something??

prtyr2
11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Wha happen?? where r u from prty2, or am I missing something??

Sorry lame attempt at humor. In stark contrast to your buying habits I buy 90% of everything online. The thought of going to a mall at holiday time does not appeal to me.

Blackarcher
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Or, you might try one of these:
YouTube- Travel / Money Pouch- Money Belt - Travel With Confidence! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLakB8AdthA&feature=related)

I would just use the waterproof pouch that disconnects from the swimtrunks I bought, comes with a chain and is ready to go inside the pants or elsewhere. I really didn't use it that much cause I never carried a lot of cash.

mikelodge
11-23-2009, 09:32 PM
The only chicks that will immediately come up to you and start hugging or grabbing at you have only one thing in mind, and that's to relieve you of your cash.

I don't mean the chicks that give you a little grab on your butt cheeks passing by, that's a tool of the trade.

But anything more than a quick grab should send off warning bells in a heartbeat. Shove em away.

I personally don't let any of them get within contact range unless I'm in control of the situation, such as sitting down, empty pockets, etc.

I have a friend who carrys fake bills in his pocket, with stuff like " you're dumber than your chulo" , or" you don't know how to suck dick either" written on them.

He had a girl come back to him once and insult him. That was a first for me.

The fake bills is priceless :rofl: Makes me want to break out some of those old Mexican Pesos from the 80's before they divided by 1000. Like P2 I like to have money for a impulse purchase and read every post and the one thing I agree with is spread it around. Some of us wear socks and even if not stick a 1000 or a 2000 peso in your sock or shoe.

If you have a zipped pocket on some shorts or even a shirt use it for a small amount and keep a small amount in a small folding wallet deep in a pocket that way if you get hit, mugged or just plain unlucky and a bit careless they won't get much. I have never been picked or robbed sucessfully on the street but I fear hotel rooms or apartments with the safes that need a key. Those little night crawlers might find it if you don't leave it with the manager who has one anyway.

Jimbo44
11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
I have never had a problem with the safes at NG. But, I very rarely use the safes for cash in reg hotels in the states. I always find a corner piece of carpet in the room or in a closet, lift it and stash xtra cash there.
As for carrying pesos in the DR. First of all, any pesos that i am paying the chica that night either 1500 or 2000 is always put in a dirty sock in my laundry. As for pesos for the night I keep a 1000 bill in my little jean pocket, all my jeans have one. And i take anotherr 1000 in smaller denominations and just put it in a front pocket. My DR wallet with copies of passport and liscense and nothing else stays in my back pocket, and my camera in my right front pocket. Oh, I have been tried, especially when it is raining and a crowd starts as you are trying to elbow your way thru. I once grabbed a chicas wrist who had her fingers on my wallet and twisted it so fucking hard I brought her to her knees screaming. Never knew if I broke it or not. Did not care either.

MrHappy
11-24-2009, 06:55 AM
What is a mall? ;-)

Heh heh, I was going to ask the same thing...

stevereds
02-19-2010, 05:05 PM
lot's of us have had a chica in Sosua try to pick pocket..
One of my earlier trips, after an afternoon at Passions w/ Belkys in the pool (the first day it opened) me and her had lots to drink and a good time.
After I left, I headed down to Classicos for a presidente and chat with one of the bartenders..long story short..
a chica talked to me at the bar, and started to walk back to my hotel with me (casa marina)...Just being friendly I thought.
When she said goodbye when i got down the block, I noticed a second later my sunglass case..for my shades, and I also put money in there too, cos my swim trunks were still wet...was missing...
a young kid on a motoconcho, let me hop on the back, and we tracked down the chica, hiding under a car. cops came, and I got my shades,case and pesos back.

Luckily, I didn't have much money on me at the time..as my alotted budget for the afternoon was gone. But It was a lesson well learned..one of those 'godsmacks' to wake me up,

SInce then, I have either buttons or velco or zippers on my shorts.

And I am alwasy well aware of who is by me, or trying to grope, or grab me etc.

I still think back and remember it like it was yesterday..also..what if it was my camera, or lots more money??? I was lucky it wasn't. and it was a lesson learned for sure.

I was at fault for drinking a lil extra, but since that day, even when I drink..I am well aware of my belongings and cash on me.

Like someone else posted, always be on guard, and be aware anytime a chica approaches you and touches you...I always keep them at arms legnth...and that pisses them off even more, cos they know I am avoiding their pick pocket ways...

Mr Hillbilly
02-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Go to Wal Mart back to the luggage section they have what looks like a small soft pouch that has a belt it goes under your pants I usually have copy of Passport my room key,and sometimes my car keys in there with large cash bills.You cant see it.I wear it most of time when I travel.
I also have a wrist wallet,ankle wallet but dont like them as much.Good thing about that under your pants wallet is you run out of dough out of your front pocket go take a leak and while your unbuttoned get more cash out your invisible belt.Its got a wide pouch only way someone could tell you have it is if your had a sandwich packed in there.They are less than 10 bucks.

eldorob
02-19-2010, 06:42 PM

Some chicas check there....:rolleyes:

My first trip to Sosua, after reading as much as I could on isoc and knowing that pick pockets could be an issue, I hand sewed velcro strips into one of my cargo shorts pocket. It seemed like a lot of work but did I think it did the trick. Thos e shorts are now trashed but I still wear them for working around the yard.

It was a pain getting money out of it though. I even had a chica see me struggling to get to my cash and she had to investigate. She was extremely puzzled untill I explained it. Then she thought I was a genuis. I don't go thru all that trouble any more tho.

SrSuerte
02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
I know that in the USA I carry more than I need to the club to be ready for what ever may come up and this way you can just have fun and not count dollars. Not in DR!

FritoBandito
02-26-2010, 12:07 AM
I had one ocassion in Cabarete where a girl blatantly came up and tried to put her hands in my pocket, which is kind of funny, because I'm 6' 3" and 320 lbs and I'm that big because I have lifted weights for close to 20 years. She was about 5' 3" and 100 lbs and some change. Point is, I guess she wasn't intimidated by my size. After telling her to leave a couple of times, I gave her a strong push and she damn near fell on her ass...it was only then she got the hint.

Last time I was in Classicos, a chica came up and tapped me on the shoulder and pointed at my pocket, I guess she saw some money sticking out and she said look out for ladrones....

Yeah, there are some hardcore women thieves that frequent the place, but the majority of girls in Sosua are decent...if you treat them right the vast majority will reciprocate...

My advice is: party and have fun, but don't get so drunk that you'll wake up naked in a dumpster the next morning, and try to be selective of the girls you pick -- I never take the real agressive women home with me, they're the ones that you'll have to sleep one eye open with:eek:

JuanElGriego
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I had one ocassion in Cabarete where a girl blatantly came up and tried to put her hands in my pocket, which is kind of funny, because I'm 6' 3" and 320 lbs and I'm that big because I have lifted weights for close to 20 years. She was about 5' 3" and 100 lbs and some change. Point is, I guess she wasn't intimidated by my size.

I remember about a year ago someone posting something to the effect of ... 'i was standing with my buddy who happens to be a 6 ft. well-built black guy, when a motoconcho just pulled up and the guy snatches the gold chain right off my buddy's neck and just zooms off'.

Opportunity always trumps intimidation down there.

voltage69
02-28-2010, 07:29 AM
if you use a wallet.. put 2 thick flat rubber bands around it when its in your pocket.. very hard to get out of the pocket because the rubber bands roll up and bind to the inside of the pocket when you try to get it out and youll feel it.

Rio4Me4Ever
03-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I have found that the best secure pants to wear are convertable cargos by Rohan made in the UK. (www.rohan.co.uk/ (http://www.rohan.co.uk/)) They must have been designed by a monger because of all the hidden zipper pockets and with a key ring attachment. Both back pockets have zippers. Two large front concealed zipper pockets one with an inner cellphone pocket. And the right front pocket also has a zippered inside pocket. These pants aren't cheap but if they save you from I sticky finger chica it's worth it.
I was wearing mine out front of Clasicos when a chica grabed my ass while facing me and was "dry humping" me, when in reality she was trying for my wallet. All she got was 150 DOP from my shirt pocket which I snatched back from her hand and told her to get lost.
Also I carry a throw away wallet with about 10 USD in small bills and an old expired credit card as well as other trash plastic cards to toss to any mugger. The contents upon first look will make him think he hit the jackpot while I run away.
R4M4E

goinggetstough
03-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I've got one of these belts - an Eagle Creek All Terrain Money Belt. It has a small zipper with a space between the webbing. I have a black one, and even with the belt off, its hard to know that there is a pocket inside. If you Google it, you can find one for $12-18. They even have it in some mall stores, for the less point-click-buy folks. It's a bitch to get money out of, but noone knows its there, even if they DO get your pants off.

It holds a bunch of folded bills. I usually keep some cash in my zippered pants
pocket and some larger bills in the belt.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/imagehosting/thum_150104ba1461cb02a9.jpg (http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=75124)

Andy
03-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Another thing that helps is a Velcro Travel Wallet. It is what is is. Normally black or Green in color but it has a military style to it. It is tri or double fold with 1 to 2 vipper pouches. It normaly has a lanyarn attached that can be worn around the neck so that it is not visible under your shirt. You will always feel the weight on your chest or stomach. It can also be carried in the front or back pocket but the laryard is looped through a belt loop so that it is somewhat tied down. Any sudden jerk and you will feel it and take action. Always travel with small bills.

GREEKFREAK
03-18-2010, 12:21 PM
i read in a post here a while ago that its also effective to fold your jeans or shorts and sleep on it when in bed with a chica...if your really drunk and dont really whanna move....

voltage69
04-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Its very easy,
Dont get too drunk, wear cargo shorts that have zippers or buttons, or if you smoke put your money deep in a tighter pocket and put your pack of cigs on top of the money. Ive never had a problem there.

cdstart=Just%20another%20trip%20to%20sosua%2E&skinjpg=http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/cdskins/Brazil4.jpg&yr=2010&mo=5&da=8&hr=8&mi=30&sc=0&cdend=checking%20flight%20fares%2E&txtcolor=0xb20000&untilcolor=undefined

jimrock187
05-27-2010, 11:06 PM
When I went to Costa Rica, It was like that in the Del Rey.. it would get so crowed, you can feel hands feeling for wallets or padding your pockets walking through the crowd.. I thought it was pretty funny..