PDA

View Full Version : WARNING THE DOLLAR FOR THE PESO IS 27 AS OF FEB 6!!!!!!!!!!!

Pana
02-06-2005, 09:17 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: The dollar needs to go up in dr it needs to be as least 45 like last year around this time. Any who just came back from dr how many are they giving you for one dollar down there?

Apos
02-06-2005, 10:02 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: The dollar needs to go up in dr it needs to be as least 45 like last year around this time. Any who just came back from dr how many are they giving you for one dollar down there?

I don't think it matters so much whether the peso is 27 or 57 to the USD if the prices adjust accordingly. But ofcourse they have not. The peso is quite strong against the dollar yet the peso price for things is even higher now than when the peso was more than 50:1. It should be the reverse but is being artificially manipulated by the government.

January 2004 a drink on the beach was about 35 pesos or $0.70 USD and January 2005 the same drink was 45 pesos or about or $1.50 USD. If the prices fluctuated with the currency the USD equivalent should be about the same adjusted for factors such as inflation.

Why don't we just pay the girls in USD and let them worry about cambio? $ay $20-25 for ST and $30-40 for TLN anf fuck the peso?

Pana
02-06-2005, 10:08 PM
You are right we should pay them in dollars that makes sense.

Apos
02-06-2005, 10:10 PM

I think so but now we have to convince them! :wink:

Jimmydr
02-06-2005, 10:17 PM

Never, that would lock in prices. :(

MisterPink
02-06-2005, 11:12 PM
CENSORED

Pana
02-06-2005, 11:54 PM
:twisted: :twisted: YOU ARE RIGHT JIMMY NEVER PAY THEM IN DOLLARS :twisted: :twisted:

Apos
02-07-2005, 08:10 AM
DO NOT USE DOLLARS to pay for chicas!
It is a huge mistake. Just pay them with less Pesos.

BTW: The Peso is always lower Friday night through Sunday night.
It will be higher Monday morning.
Stop panicking.

Why not in dollars? Please explain!

Jimmydr
02-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Why not in Dollars, well if short time is $15 then its always going to be $15 and who knows where they convert their money. If we pay say 500 pesos and the Dollar gets stronger, we pay less.

Apos
02-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Why not in Dollars, well if short time is $15 then its always going to be $15 and who knows where they convert their money. If we pay say 500 pesos and the Dollar gets stronger, we pay less.

Fine but are we not paying about the same in $$$ now as a year ago?

Jimmydr
02-07-2005, 08:31 AM

Things have never been so fucked up. The peso went from 20-50 in a year then 50 to 27 in a month. It will adjust.

BrooklynBeas
02-07-2005, 08:36 AM

Things have never been so fucked up. The peso went from 20-50 in a year then 50 to 27 in a month. It will adjust.

Everyone was predicting that it was going to adjust to about 35 to 1 by now and it hasnt ... so when Doctor Jimmy?

Jimmydr
02-07-2005, 08:40 AM
I have adjusted what I am paying for ST. $17-$18. So I am happy.
Hotels are in Dollars so they are the same. The biggest thieves are the taxis. $20 from POP to Sosua. :twisted:

Kevy
02-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Absolutely, the taxis are way too expensive for the trip from thet airport to sosua. I returned on saturday and the guys on the street were selling pesos for 28 to 28.5 per USD.

MisterPink
02-07-2005, 09:09 AM
CENSORED

Magnum
02-07-2005, 09:55 AM
I just returned yesterday and the best I got while down there (Sosua) was 28.8 from Mapello.

When I arrived on Wednesday, Diego at the Europa was giving 27.6 and the bank at the airport was at 28.

Cabarete was at 27 most of the time. In Las Terrenas, it was at 28 for 2 days when I was there on Thursday and Friday.

Kevy
02-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks Lechero, It was good to meet someone who knows what is going on in Sosua, I came back Saturday night. I paid 500 pesos.I will finish my report once I get used to the weather here in Toronto. I am goign through withdrawal right now.
Actually the best rate in changing money I got was 38.2 to the USD. It was a guy on the street who was new and confused about about changing money. I tried to help but my lack of spanish actually paid off here. I think he didn't undersatnd the differnce between the euro and USD.

Willie
02-07-2005, 10:28 AM
http://www.bancentral.gov.do/tasas_cambio/TMC4001.PDF

Willie

Kevy
02-07-2005, 10:43 AM
The rates did seem to be going up, you do get less on the weekends as there are no banks open. Since you are in a tourist town, you also pay a discount. You would have to go to PP or Santiago to get he higher rates. I found last year, when I stayed in Costamber I could only get 48 per USD, but by making the trip to PP I got 52- 55.

RickRock
02-07-2005, 12:19 PM
Forgive my constant comparisons between DR and Costa Rica. I've not yet been to DR but, in CR the debate is ongoing among hobbyists. Pay the girls in local currency. It's pretty simple to me. As JDR says, we pay in dollars we lock in the price. Trust me, the girls would prefer dollars (at least the CR girls). I have no reason to believe DR girls would be any different.

They are independent business people. They may not have a higher education but they can do conversions faster than any calculator I have ever owned. :shock:

dapanz1

D_W_
02-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I have adjusted what I am paying for ST. $17-$18. So I am happy.
Hotels are in Dollars so they are the same. The biggest thieves are the taxis. $20 from POP to Sosua. :twisted:

Amen to that. The chicas have dropped their prices...significantly!

But the fucking cabbies are a bunch of fucking crooks. I don't give a shit how expensive the gas is...!

Willie
02-07-2005, 04:26 PM
[quote=Jimmydr]I have adjusted what I am paying for ST. $17-$18. So I am happy.

I llike those prices, my kind of monger.

Willie

BrooklynBeas
02-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks Lechero, It was good to meet someone who knows what is going on in Sosua, I came back Saturday night. I paid 500 pesos.I will finish my report once I get used to the weather here in Toronto. I am goign through withdrawal right now.
Actually the best rate in changing money I got was 38.2 to the USD. It was a guy on the street who was new and confused about about changing money. I tried to help but my lack of spanish actually paid off here. I think he didn't undersatnd the differnce between the euro and USD.

r u sure you didnt mean 28.2...i find 38.2 hard to believe no magtter how new the guy is... he has to know which currency you are giving him!

psriches
02-07-2005, 09:06 PM

r u sure you didnt mean 28.2...i find 38.2 hard to believe no magtter how new the guy is... he has to know which currency you are giving him!No Beas, this guy was really fucked up.. i think he was new and just calculated wrong..

Pana
02-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah i think he was drunk when he exchanged money, no way a dominican would give them that, i bet you he got beat in the head :roll: :idea: and thats whats he thought he recieved

Apos
02-07-2005, 11:57 PM

Everyone was predicting that it was going to adjust to about 35 to 1 by now and it hasnt ... so when Doctor Jimmy?

JDR you didn't answer my question and I'm not saying you are wrong but I'm not really buying your explaination. Infact if we had been paying in dollars last year and were still paying indollars we'd be way ahead now.

I'm really just playing :twisted: Devil's Advocate :twisted: but I've yet to hear a viable explanation for paying in the local currency.

Jimmydr
02-08-2005, 08:24 AM

JDR you didn't answer my question and I'm not saying you are wrong but I'm not really buying your explaination. Infact if we had been paying in dollars last year and were still paying indollars we'd be way ahead now.

I'm really just playing :twisted: Devil's Advocate :twisted: but I've yet to hear a viable explanation for paying in the local currency.

When the peso was gouing down, the massages at M & M were still 300. Now think about it, it it was in Dollars I would never have gotten $6 massages. I was paying chicas 500 pesos at 30-1 and 40-1 and 50-1.

I am still paying about 400 - 500 .

Kevy
02-08-2005, 06:02 PM
no, the guy really screwed up. When he said 38, I asked and then he typed 38.3 on his calculator and I still asked. But I just gave up and he handed me 3820 and I gave him the 100, he mumbled something about the 10 pesos and I said ok and left. He just seemed confused the who;e time. I don't think he was drunk, he just didn't know what he was doing. I couldn't believe it either.

psriches
02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
no, the guy really screwed up. When he said 38, I asked and then he typed 38.3 on his calculator and I still asked. But I just gave up and he handed me 3820 and I gave him the 100, he mumbled something about the 10 pesos and I said ok and left. He just seemed confused the who;e time. I don't think he was drunk, he just didn't know what he was doing. I couldn't believe it either.He wasn't focussed! thought he was typing 28.3.....

BrooklynBeas
02-08-2005, 08:18 PM
no, the guy really screwed up. When he said 38, I asked and then he typed 38.3 on his calculator and I still asked. But I just gave up and he handed me 3820 and I gave him the 100, he mumbled something about the 10 pesos and I said ok and left. He just seemed confused the who;e time. I don't think he was drunk, he just didn't know what he was doing. I couldn't believe it either.He wasn't focussed! thought he was typing 28.3.....

a dislexic money changer.... where do i find this guy! haha

psriches
02-08-2005, 08:21 PM

a dislexic money changer.... where do i find this guy! hahaI'm sure he woke up about two minutes after that transaction. That's why Kevy got the fuck out of there!! :wink:

Kevy
02-08-2005, 08:37 PM
I got the fuck out of there, but I think it wasn't until he turned in the USD that he learned the difference between the euro and USD. He did type in 38, because I kept asking and kept typing it at least three times. He qwent from 38 to 38.3. I guess he thought I was a tough negociator, he even had a big smile when I told to forget about the 10 pesos. I didn't see him around again and I was looking.

gdogg
02-08-2005, 09:12 PM
I got the fuck out of there, but I think it wasn't until he turned in the USD that he learned the difference between the euro and USD. He did type in 38, because I kept asking and kept typing it at least three times. He qwent from 38 to 38.3. I guess he thought I was a tough negociator, he even had a big smile when I told to forget about the 10 pesos. I didn't see him around again and I was looking.

He probably was looking for you too! Or is his manager was.
:evil:

Kevy
02-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I was thinking that too, but nothing ever happened.

Willie
02-09-2005, 10:33 AM
http://www.bancentral.gov.do/tasas_cambio/TMC4001.PDF

Inching bact to $30

Willie

Pana
02-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Come on do I see 30, 30, 30 go up :D :D :D

Mister NYC
02-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I spent several weeks in Paradise and got anywhere from 28-32.50. When I finally left, the street was at 29.70....just a few days ago. Sometimes going to the not so obvious places to change money might pay off...like with certain business owners who have a need for dollars are willing to give 1-2 more than you can get on the street. If you are there long enough or have a need to change a lot of dollars, it pays to ask around first.