PDA

View Full Version : Martha Heredia makes it to final

NewsWhore
12-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Young singing sensations, Dominican Martha Heredia and Costa Rican Eduardo Aguirre have made it to the final of the popular Latin American Idol, the Sony Entertainment reality TV talent show to choose the best young singer in Latin America. Martha reached the final round after singing her version of "Lagrimas Negras" (Black Tears) by Cuban Miguel Matamoros and "Y volvere" (I will return) a popular song by 1970s group Angeles Negros.
To judge by the messages posted on the website from followers of the musical contest and the jury's praise for the two young artists, a very tight battle is predicted for the final round that will take place next Thursday, 10 December. Eighteen-year old Heredia was the youngest of the last 3 competitors, including Ruben Alvarez of Chile.
After her performance yesterday, the judges, Cuban-American Jon Secada, Mimi (Irma Angelica Hernandez Ochoa) from Mexico and Oscar Mediavilla concurred: "You are incredible".
But she faces tough competition from 19-year old Aguirre, who impressed the judges with his voice, performing "No tengo dinero" (I don't have money) by the Mexican Juan Gabriel, and "Yo soy aquel" (I am the one) by Spanish singer Raphael.
In addition to the opinion and vote of the judges, the two finalists of Latin American Idol depend on the votes of viewers from all over the continent and in the competitors' homelands.
The show can be seen in the DR on cable TV and on Channel 11, Telesistema on Milagros German's "Chevere Nights" show at 10pm.
Martha fans in the DR are revving up support for next week. Viewers can vote using their cell phones sending a text message with Martha 43657 for a RD$20 charge.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#9)